LogPoint Overview

LogPoint is the #14 ranked solution in our list of top Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools. It is most often compared to Splunk: LogPoint vs Splunk

What is LogPoint?

LogPoint are SIEM specialists with solutions widely deployed in the Nordics, Germany, France and the UK.

The LogPoint solution is designed to provide you with the information you need by enabling you to collect, analyze and monitor data from your entire infrastructure for Compliance Management, Information Security, Application Security Monitoring and Operational Insight.

• LogPoint is straightforward to buy, install and manage – so will take less of your time.
  • SIEM is all LogPoint does, so the system is up-to-date latest tech, with powerful Big Data analytics.
  • The beautiful Scandinavian design is intuitive to master, nice to look at, easy to use.
  • It’s flexible. LogPoint can manage whichever security, networking and software products you choose,
  • LogPoint works with other systems, and grows as your company or requirements grow.
  • You’ll deal with someone who genuinely understands the product and what you need from it.
  • And not least, cost. Worked out on a direct, affordable basis with no surprises later on.

For more information, please visit www.logpoint.com or contact us:

Phone: +45 7060 6100
E-mail: info@logpoint.com

LogPoint Buyer's Guide

Download the LogPoint Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

LogPoint Customers
AP Pension, Copenhagen Airports, KMD, Terma, DISA, Danish Crown, Durham City Council, Game, TopDanmark, Lahti Energia, Energi Midt, Synoptik, Eissmann Group Automotive, Aligro, CG50...
LogPoint Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about LogPoint pricing:
  • "LogPoint seemed like it was a good product, but it was expensive and there wasn't any room to move the pricing when customers needed a lower-costing solution."
  • "For a hundred user deployment the cost is about $10,000. The next year it would be the same because it's a subscription-based license. There are separate costs as well, for example, if a customer asks for training for their staff."
  • "Our licensing fees are about $10,000 USD per month, which I think is fair."
  • "It's getting more expensive, which is one of the reasons we're looking around just to see if there's anything better value."

Account Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good billing model, representatives respond quickly, and fair to our customers

What is our primary use case?

We do SMB and schools, K through 12. We have a storage cloud and cloud-based Cisco voiceover IP cloud services that we offer, as well as on-premise-based for those who still prefer that.

• "They basically charge you in a better way."
  • "The general public wasn't looking for that type of product unless you had a company that was medical or financial and needed 24-hour responsiveness."

What other advice do I have?

We do a combination of MSP and VAR services. We're a hybrid between the two. We are not a pure MSP. People don't seem to like having to pay a monthly fee whether or not people end up showing up or helping. We try to offer it as an "if you need it" basis, we can do it, but we don't have to charge you. We can sell them a bundle of hours, and that way they only use them when they need them, which is pretty popular with many of our clients, especially small to mid-size companies. We'll do a combination of, for instance, Sentinel One and Point Antivirus, which is an MSP service. It has…
Kedar Kulkarni
Manager Pre-sales Information Security at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Excellent reporting features and a good dashboard

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is standard compliance to help the user's ability to navigate PCI DSS compliance or GDPR compliance. Besides that, if a user needs to do the log collection and correlation, the solution makes it easy.

• "The solution offers excellent reporting features. Our customers have been satisfied that they have been able to meet their compliance needs by giving them a standard report."
  • "Nowadays the trend is going towards the ransomware and the endpoint detection and response. So if they added something for that, that will be very, very good."

What other advice do I have?

We are a reseller of the solution. I would recommend the solution. Go with the trial version and evaluate it first, because individual tastes may differ. I'm not the end-user, I'm the reseller. We have managed to meet the customer's requirements for adhering to their compliance or getting the solution onboard to their satisfaction. In the end, however, when an end-user uses the solution, they will ultimately have a clearer idea about the pitfalls or upsides of it. I would rate the solution eight out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about LogPoint. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Jeroen Kroon
Security Manager at Scildon
Good technical support but it is complex to use and resource-heavy

What is our primary use case?

We use LogPoint for log collection. We have a specific use case around a system that was not able to provide this kind of correlation. However, we are going to get rid of the legacy platform within the year and will be moving away from LogPoint.

• "Technical support is responsive and very friendly."
  • "The interface needs things like wizards that will assist with creating complex correlation rules."

What other advice do I have?

We are moving away from this solution and are looking for something automated, like Darktrace. My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to first have a very clear understanding of the use cases, what you want to use it for, and what you want to report. Don't be afraid to look for a cloud-based solution, especially when it comes to SIEM products. It removes a lot of trouble related to internal servers and the complexity of accessing the SIEM from outside. If you have to implement your own MSA then I would suggest reconsidering any case of using an internal SIEM. Especially for…
PaulWoods
ICT Project Manager at a government with 5,001-10,000 employees
Stable, with good reporting and technical support

• "The most valuable features are the ones that we use the most, which are the search and report facilities."
  • "I know that they have user behavior analytics, but it's an extra cost for this feature. It would be nice if it was in with the standard products."

What other advice do I have?

I would say that it's a good product. It's very stable, and the support is very good. We use it a lot. As I say, I'm looking to see whether or not it's still the product that we should be using or whether there's something out there now. I would rate LogPoint an eight out of ten.
Lars Hillerup
Security Consultant at a government with 10,001+ employees
Enables ability to design drivers for log data collection which has improved efficiency

What is our primary use case?

We're a health care organization and we had a specific case where LogPoint was able to help develop a special collector for an earlier version of our storage system, where we had issues with migration. Some files were missing when we migrated to the new system, and we had trouble finding out why. LogPoint was very helpful in designing some drivers which could collect the log data, so we could identify the problem. We're customers of LogPoint and I'm a security consultant.

• "Log collection, dashboards and reporting are good."
  • "Dashboards could be developed further."

What other advice do I have?

I would advise people to be aware of their needs, and test some specific use cases, so that you get the benefits from the start, because you don't gain anything out of a SIEM system, if you don't have the right amount of data, from the right sources. I would rate this product an eight out of 10. I'm Danish so nobody gets a 10! There's always room for improvement.
Giorgi-Mikaia
Security Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
A user friendly solution that is scalable and very straightforward to set up

What is our primary use case?

On a high-level, we primarily use the solution for creating security operation centers.

• "The flexibility of the search feature and the solution's analytics features are the most valuable parts of the solution."
  • "The solution should offer more integrations and third-party solutions like incident response platforms or allow access to third-party big data"

What other advice do I have?

We are a reseller, so we recommend a variety of solutions, including this one, to our clients. I really like the solution's licensing model. It's very useful. I would rate this solution eight out of ten. I would recommend it to others.
Download our free LogPoint Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.