Lucidchart OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Lucidchart is #1 ranked solution in top Visual Collaboration Platforms and #2 ranked solution in top Mind Mapping Software. IT Central Station users give Lucidchart an average rating of 8 out of 10. Lucidchart is most commonly compared to Lucidspark: Lucidchart vs Lucidspark.Lucidchart is popular among Midsize Enterprise, accounting for 43% of users researching this solution on IT Central Station. The top industry researching this solution is Computer Software Company, accounting for 25% of all views.
What is Lucidchart?

Our online diagram application makes it easy to sketch and share professional flowchart diagrams.  From brainstorming to project management, we support all of your communication needs.
That’s why millions of users choose Lucidchart.

Lucidchart Buyer's Guide

Download the Lucidchart Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Lucidchart Customers

Google, Salesforce, Adobe, Whirlpool, Uber, Wal Mart, Pearson, Twitch, Riot Games, Western Union, Trimble, Starbucks

Lucidchart Video

Archived Lucidchart Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user716550
Sr. Program Manager, Cloud Engineering and Operations at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
Semi-Reasonably Priced SaaS Solution With Lots of Templates To Choose From.

What is most valuable?

• Cloud/SaaS Solution/Pay As You Go
  • Semi-Reasonable Pricing
  • Lots of templates to choose from
  • Integrates with other tools (e.g., Slack, JIRA, and most importantly Visio)
  • Easily converts Visio files on import
  • Can export to Visio
  • Because it’s a cloud solution, I can create/edit from one computer, and continue to edit on another, if needed.
  • Cheaper than Visio, and since It’s a browser solution, I don’t have to worry about having a single license on a single machine.

How has it helped my organization?

I pay for a personal license, but being new to the organization, I am trying to push the use of Lucidchart, especially for Mac users in lieu of setting up a Virtual Machine with Windows, and in lieu of OmniGraffle.

What needs improvement?

Anytime I need to print, I have to re-download/export. This is a mild inconvenience, but hoping it could be improved.

One year.

This tool is so easy and intuitive that I’ve not had the need to contact technical support.

Visio.

Super easy! Sign-up for the free version, test it out, and if you like it, pay for the subscription and start using it.

Bigger discounts for annual prepaid license.

OmniGraffle.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for a solution that replaces Visio, Lucidchart is indeed the alternative. All of the benefits/features that I described above are the reasons why I would never go back to Visio.

it_user713805
Software Tester at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
​This product allowed me to work closely with design team and merge the perspective of Quality Assurance and Product Design easily

What is most valuable?

The ability to work collaboratively, and the general UX of the product.

How has it helped my organization?

This product allowed me to work closely with design team and merge the perspective of Quality Assurance and Product Design easily.

What needs improvement?

I'd prefer this software to be an operating system, not a web tool, as I'd switch to LucidOS, if it existed, in seconds.

Approximately eight months of my career consisted of activities which were made simpler with Lucidchart.

Yes, minor, and only on loading graphical files "several meters long".

The voice of the community has been heard and taken into account, while improving Lucidchart.

Yes, I did, and I have used similar software at my previous jobs. None of those were even half as easy to use as Lucidchart, and I am a strong advocate for dropping those other software solutions for Lucidchart.

Semi-instant setup with no unnecessary complexities.

I pay for this software even while I do not plan on using it for next few months -- as the perspective of having no access to these features is out of my consideration.

I have used several different tools of this type before, but once I encountered the beauty of Lucidchart, I knew I'd stay with it.

What other advice do I have?

Just give it to your designers and wait for miracles to happen.

Learn what your peers think about Lucidchart. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
543,424 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user711903
UX Designer at a wellness & fitness company with 201-500 employees
Some of the valuable features are drag and drop and connection through arrows

What is most valuable?

Some of the valuable features are drag and drop and connection through arrows. It makes work go by a lot faster without having to create each shape from scratch.

How has it helped my organization?

I have used this product several times to create or update an IA for whichever project I may be working on.

What needs improvement?

I like the feature of how the arrows connect to each shape. It would be nice to see more options with that as well. In other words, options such as color, type of line, weight, and flexible/loose.

When I was using the free version last summer, I don’t remember there being an option to change the look of the arrow. I’m sure that option exists now, but the main thing I was trying to figure out was how to get a fixed (straight) line. On a YouTube video it shows lines that are curved (loose). At the time, I couldn’t figure out how to just get a simple straight line or vice versa. I also couldn’t figure out how to connect the arrow to other points of the shape.

I have used this solution for four to six months.

There were no issues with stability.

If you mean, the size of my board, then yes, I do remember having an issue with scalability in the past. I had to scale down all of my elements to make sure that they fit onto the board.

I’ve used OmniGraffle before. I switched because I found it easier to create a flowchart in the Lucidchart program.

The initial setup was straightforward. I was using the free version.

I haven’t needed to evaluate solutions in the past, but for work, I will probably do so if I need to create a flowchart in the future.

What other advice do I have?

Try out the free version and see how you handle using the software first.