Tarunpreet Singh
Product Manager at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Helped us run the agenda of our workshops during the coronavirus

• "It positively affected the productivity of our working and brainstorming sessions. It was definitely a saver for us because we wanted the agenda to be addressed as soon as possible. We were able to do that, and this solution was pretty useful for us."
  • "I found Lucidspark's virtual whiteboard useful, but I still felt there could be more features, like putting up presentations, creating frames, and being able to run it like a presentation. These things would make it better. If they could add more features for presentations and organizing the different sections of the board in a space, which is interlinked to how you can present them efficiently. This would be very helpful."

What is our primary use case?

Primarily, I was using Lucidspark for the whiteboarding and collaboration. The whole thing was initiated because I was trying to work using the workflow on LucidChart, which triggered me to have a kind of a collaboration meeting. Nowadays, because of COVID-19, everything is virtual. So, I thought it would be a good idea to collaborate over this collaborative whiteboard using my flow in LucidChart over to Lucidspark.

Lucidspark was pretty useful because of the integration feature available, e.g., what you do in Lucidchart can be easily rolled over to Lucidspark. However, I feel there could be more integrations built into it, which would help to bring in more easier integrations from work that we have done on other tools, like Jira or Confluence.

How has it helped my organization?

Because of COVID-19, we were not able to run our workshops in person because of the situation. This tool helped us run the agenda of our workshops during those times using its collaboration tool, which was pretty useful for us.

It positively affected the productivity of our working and brainstorming sessions. It was definitely a saver for us because we wanted the agenda to be addressed as soon as possible. We were able to do that, and this solution was pretty useful for us.

What is most valuable?

I was able to consume what I had done on Lucidchart into Lucidspark.

I have used their sticky notes and free hand drawings. The Collaborator Colors feature is important just to be able to segregate individuals for the better interpretation of what you are putting up on the board.

What needs improvement?

I started using Lucidspark very recently, for probably a month.

Performance has been fine. It has been pretty good, in fact.

I have not tested scalability.

I initiated it within my company. I'm a product manager. We did this workshop mid-December, and in the workshop, there were around 15 people.

We haven't used the support.

We have been using a couple of whiteboarding or brainstorming solutions. One is Conceptboard and the other is MURAL, which specifically has more collaboration with more features. For example, one of the features that I mentioned was integration with Bluetooth. So, MURAL has more integrations available. MURAL has the presentation capability as well, which is helpful. It also has more templates to choose from as a starting point. As a con, MURAL is just a whiteboarding tool, whereas Lucidspark has Lucidchart to help provide us a flow chatting tool as well, which kind of an advantage on the Lucid side.

Setting up and using it was pretty easy. The setup was just a few minutes. I was able to work soon after.

I personally had a hard time getting the licenses sorted out. In the organizational license, the whole process took a lot of time. Personally, I feel that the licensing could be done much better on that front.

Onboarding it was a challenge for me. They need to work a bit on making users stick to their platform, be it Lucidchart or Lucidspark, then engage them into any kind of paid services. Primarily, this will help people get stuck on their platform who will eventually use it, since they would have their work set up on it rather than the other way around. Instead of using both of these tools, Lucidchart and Lucidspark, I would recommend sticking with one or the other.

What other advice do I have?

I personally believe in-person sessions are more effective for multiple reasons. You can sketch and draw ideas on a virtual whiteboard, but you cannot replicate the total creativity that comes out of a physical session workshop and what happens on a physical whiteboard. One reason is you cannot replicate the creativity that comes out of the whole environment when everybody is in the same room versus when everybody is collaborating over Zoom, or whatever meeting tools that you're using. Another reason is physical presence adds a little bit to the whole discussion as compared to being on a call or meeting on the Internet. Primarily, it is easier to see expressions, the involvement, and have more participation, as compared to a virtual platform where it is more on the individual to kind of take the lead.

I would not say that the tool itself helps prioritize ideas. Because at the end of the day, it is a collaboration platform and more based on the output of the workshop. The workshop helps you prioritize ideas, but I would not specifically credit that to just this tool, or any tool for that matter.

I would rate it around a seven to eight (out of 10). I still feel there is a scope for improvement, but it is pretty good as a baseline. If some things discussed in this review could be worked a bit on, I would definitely prefer using it.

Ravi Teja Guduguntla
Student at a university with 5,001-10,000 employees
Intuitive And Easy To Use; Customizable Whiteboard Can Be Used By Multiple People Simultaneously

• "I found the whiteboard very customizable. You can create different stages of a flow chart, for example. You can play around with a lot of variables."
  • "One challenge we ran into while collaborating on Lucidspark was tracking time. We would, for example, set aside 90 minutes for a particular task but end up spending a lot more time on it. It would be great to see if Lucidspark could also help us keep track of time. That feedback would be beneficial."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for this solution was educational. I used Lucidspark to practice design thinking with several other students. It's a good place for collaborative work.

Some of the students I collaborated with were interested in product management, a big part of which entails thinking from the customer's perspective and figuring out what the solutions to a problem should be.

As a group, we used Lucidspark to collaborate and share our thoughts on potential problems and solutions. Think of it like a human design-thinking workshop.

How has it helped my organization?

Lucidspark helped us prioritize ideas, which was very important for us. We did a workshop and, as part of that, we were trying to act as product managers and figure out which solutions should be implemented, so idea prioritization played a major role.

The ability to group ideas automatically does save time. For example, four people can put their thoughts down and Lucidspark will help them see the commonalities and patterns among their entries.

Lucidspark's ability to automatically group ideas saves time and helps users prioritize. This Lucidspark feature quickly distills the entire group's ideas into different buckets. The group can then make a call on what to first solve for. This is how we used Lucidspark. We knew that we would come up with multiple ideas but we wanted to see which buckets most people would fall into.

This feature is helpful if, for example, you are trying to identify the problems associated with a particular product and prioritize which to work on first.

With Lucidspark, you really don't have to keep track of everything because so much is automated. The solution enables you to spend more time discussing and revising ideas and less time organizing. This was important for us. Had we been using some other solution, like Notepad, for example, a lot more time would have been spent in writing things down. With Lucidspark, we spent very little time doing that. It definitely improved our productivity.

Lucidspark is very customizable. We spent more time in ideation rather than making sure we were writing in a way that is clear and that nothing was lost.

What is most valuable?

Overall, I found it very intuitive and easy to use. I didn't find it difficult at all. I appreciated Lucidspark's integration with Lucidchart.

I found the whiteboard very customizable. You can create different stages of a flow chart, for example. You can play around with a lot of variables. Initially, the default structure of the whiteboard was not useful for us. However, we were quickly able to change the structure. I found the whiteboard easy to use and change. It’s easy to collaborate using this product. Also, multiple people can use the whiteboard at the same time. For example, I can be filling in something while my classmates fill in something else. This is helpful.

We used Lucidspark’s Collaborator Colors feature. I've never come across anything like it. It's a good solution for collaborative brainstorming. I don't think there is any other solution where I could do collaborative brainstorming this well.

We also used the sticky notes quite often. We would write our thoughts on a sticky note and then circle back in five minutes to discuss what we put together.

What needs improvement?

I've used Lucidspark a couple of times as part of some group activities.

I did not run into any issues with stability.

Lucidspark seems scalable; like any number of people could use it. We've used it in groups of five to six people. I plan to increase my usage.

I have not used their tech support yet.

I never knew something like Lucidspark existed before. For previous brainstorming sessions, I would just use a projector and open up Notepad.

The initial setup was straightforward. It only took a few minutes.

Initially, it was straightforward to use and play around with the whiteboard. I was immediately able to start working on it. It didn't take me more than two or three minutes to get started.

We implemented it ourselves.

I am still using a free trial.

I did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

Lucidspark is a great product. I would definitely recommend it to anybody who's thinking of doing some collaborative brainstorming work. The solution can also be used by individuals working on big projects.

I didn't notice a difference between remote and in-person sessions. Using Lucidspark, it felt like all of us were working in-person on a huge whiteboard. You could see in real-time what everyone else was doing.

I haven’t used Lucidspark’s Slack integration, but it seems useful and natural.

Learn what your peers think about Lucidspark. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1593276
Sr. Database Engineer at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
Helps with our brainstorming sessions when we are working from home, similar to having a whiteboard in the office

• "It helps with our brainstorming sessions when we are working from home. It is like having a whiteboard in the office."
  • "When two people are editing, there should be a way to lock the other person's changes to avoid having a person overwrite someone else's changes. When multiple users access the same document, there should be some way of locking others out, possibly by changing user permissions."

What is our primary use case?

We use Lucidspark mainly for architecture diagrams. Whenever we present it to publication teams, we develop an architecture diagram. It is very intuitive and easy to share with anyone.

How has it helped my organization?

In my current role, it is very easy for brainstorming whenever we are dealing with high availability, disaster recovery, and mapping servers.

Lucidspark enables us to prioritize ideas, which is pretty helpful. Based on our brainstorming, we come up with different ideas. So, we can examine the pros and cons of someone's idea.

It helps with our brainstorming sessions when we are working from home. It is like having a whiteboard in the office.

What is most valuable?

It is fast. You can access everything from the web browser. You don't need to install anything and can easily share it with anyone when presenting. You can also create custom versions of it. Everything is drag and drop.

Lucidspark's user interface and intuitiveness is an eight out of 10. I can easily recognize most features, even though I haven't used them. When I started using them, it was very easy to check to see what features were available. Basically, everything is drag and drop. It is very easy to use. I can start with a diagram then give it to another person who can continue it.

We use the solution’s Collaborator Colors feature. We can assign each user a certain color for their cursor, sticky notes, and freehand drawings, and populate a legend to identify what each person is contributing. This feature is important because we need to know who is doing what. We can easily see when I'm updating something and have already shared it with someone. When I see that person's colors, I understand, "Okay. He is also managing." So, I can ensure all the changes are not conflicting.

We use it with Atlassian. We can easily tag a link in our Jira tasks and compliance stages so people can go from there to Lucidspark.

Because this is software as a service, you don't need to do any installations. You can just access it on the web browser. If you have the Internet, then you can easily access it.

What needs improvement?

When two people are editing, there should be a way to lock the other person's changes to avoid having a person overwrite someone else's changes. When multiple users access the same document, there should be some way of locking others out, possibly by changing user permissions.

I have been using it for one year.

It is always available, stable, and performs well. I haven't seen any lags. Nobody says, "It is a bit lagging."

We are not using it to the fullest. We haven't had any scalability issues. We are mainly using it for collaboration and haven't explored the fullest extent of Lucidspark as of yet.

We have 70 users who are database engineers, product management professionals, and business analysts.

I haven't contacted them because I haven't seen any issues.

If I need to find something online, there is a huge community of people working on it, which is helpful.

I used to use Visio, which has limited features. After that, we moved to this solution, which is pretty good.

The initial setup is a straightforward process. In my current organization, there were extra steps that needed to be taken, like multi-factor authentication.

The main installation was set up by our IT team. They pushed it out easily.

What other advice do I have?

You can't explain everything in words. It is better to have a pictorial representation.

We also use Lucidchart, which is used mostly for team collaboration. You can easily share ideas with each other.

We don't use Slack. We use Teams.

I would rate this solution as a nine out of 10.

reviewer1615422
Data Scientist at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Intuitive, flexible, time-saving, easy solution to use that has a lot of helpful features

• "It definitely helps when prioritizing things. For a business problem, you can create many different documents and easily compare them, then you can decide which one that you want to go forward with."
  • "One thing that I noticed, when I was creating a document or something else, is a lot of empty space. If I am creating from a particular position, there is a lot of empty space above it. I am not sure why this happens. If there is a solution for this, then it would help."

What is our primary use case?

I use Lucidspark to brainstorm ideas. Suppose I want to create a new dashboard or new visualization in Power BI or Tableau. Before doing that, I want to brainstorm how I want my visualization to be. For that purpose, I am using Lucidspark.

How has it helped my organization?

I usually brainstorm my ideas, e.g., what do I want to create? Once you have a certain view in your mind and if you can put that into a document or something else, then it helps when you try to create the visualization or any dashboards in the real world. You can create any visualization that you want. It definitely helps in that way.

What is most valuable?

It is quite flexible. It is simply drag and drop. It saves a lot of time. One of the good things is you can export whatever you are creating into a PDF or something else. Also, you can share your work with others so they can collaborate and make any changes, if they wish to.

I really like Lucidspark's user interface and intuitiveness. It is simple and flexible.

It has so many things. You can insert images, screenshots, etc. There are also a lot of templates for our use, which is a good thing. For example, if I have a particular plan and can find a new template relevant, then I base it on that. I just need to edit the text, etc.

It definitely helps when prioritizing things. For a business problem, you can create many different documents and easily compare them, then you can decide which one that you want to go forward with.

There are so many features that you can do. There is also a presentation builder where you can use the documents that you are creating as a presentation.

What needs improvement?

One thing that I noticed, when I was creating a document or something else, is a lot of empty space. If I am creating from a particular position, there is a lot of empty space above it. I am not sure why this happens. If there is a solution for this, then it would help.

Recently, I requested a license from my company for this software. I have been using the tool for the past week.

In the last week, I haven't faced any kinds of issues or difficulties.

I haven't found any limitations or downsides. It provides you with everything that you need to brainstorm your ideas.

There are many data scientists using this particular software in our company. Some are using Lucidspark, while some are also using Lucidchart,

I have not contacted the technical support.

I used to simply use PowerPoint, Paint, or something like that previously. This is the first time that I am using this kind of software.

In PowerPoint, you need a lot of effort if you want to create even a simple text box or insert images. So, it takes a lot of effort and is also very time-consuming. Whereas, with Lucidspark's interfaces, you can simply drag and drop whatever you want and quickly create anything that you want to create. This saves time and makes it easy to use.

The initial setup is very straightforward. You need to log into it, then you can simply start creating anything you want. There is no complexity.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely give it a nine out of 10. I really like it. I would recommend others to use this particular software, since it is intuitive, flexible, time-saving, and easy to use. It has a lot of features that definitely help.

I have not used the Collaborator Colors feature, but we will use it in the future.

MC
Systems Operator at Replicant Project
The ability to automatically group ideas helps save time in organizing them

• "In terms of the most valuable features, I like that we can compare a report to our templates. That is really useful. I saw that it has all of these templates that I can use. I also love that I can use my own images."
  • "The tracing is inaccurate and we have to do the drawing ourselves."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Lucidspark for brainstorms and for meetings.

We have also been using it for our action plan, to plan our strategy steps.

How has it helped my organization?

Lucidspark has made my organization more creative and it's easier to do creative techniques.

It enables us to prioritize ideas. It's very important that it has that ability.

It makes the overall productivity of our working and brainstorming sessions better. It increases our productivity. It saves us time and gives us more time to discuss what is more important. We find it causes there to be more engagement and this attitude also helps us be more focused.

What is most valuable?

In terms of the most valuable features, I like that we can compare a report to our templates. That is really useful. I saw that it has all of these templates that I can use. I also love that I can use my own images.

It's really easy to use and intuitive. It's very understandable, everything is easy to get.

The virtual whiteboard is excellent. It's easy to use.

With the templates and the work that you do, you can convert it into a template and you can use it later.

I don't use the Collaborator Colors feature in Lucidspark but I have been using the same tool in Lucidchart. I suppose it's the same. We have been using it. We all see the same screen on the computer or we can project it.

It has features to tag and automatically group ideas to help organize and synthesize ideas after a brainstorming session. This ability makes it easier to help find patterns and themes among the ideas. Its ability to automatically group ideas helps save time in organizing ideas rather than having to manually group and bundle ideas. It saves the two hours it takes to get all the materials that we would have to use if it was manual.

It absolutely enables us to spend more time discussing and revising ideas and next steps and less time organizing them. It is very important because time is very valuable.

What needs improvement?

It doesn't respond instantly and the traces that we make are not that accurate. We have to use it in a slower way. We can't do a quick drawing because it doesn't respond accurately.

The tracing is inaccurate and we have to do the drawing ourselves.

I have been using Lucidspark for about a month.

It is very stable.

It's very scalable. The amount of users who use it depends on what we're working on.

It doesn't require much staff for maintenance or deployment. It's very easy.

We do have plans to increase usage.

Their technical support is good.

The initial setup is very simple. It took a couple of minutes. We had a quick understanding of how to use it and how it could help us. It was easy to communicate to everyone about how Lucidspark could help us. It was enough to be able to use it.

I didn't use an integrator.

There are no additional costs to standard licensing.

I found out about Lucidspark because I was using Lucidchart.

What other advice do I have?

I absolutely recommend it because it increases communication with your team.

My advice would be to just try it because it's amazing and when you start using it you'll see that it is an excellent tool.

I would rate Lucidspark a nine out of ten.

VG
Software Engineering Intern at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Makes it easy to create visually attractive flowcharts and collaborate online

• "The online collaboration with the teammates and being able to represent things in a visually attractive way are the most valuable features. It has been a really nice experience to make such beautiful and visually attractive flowcharts by using Lucidspark. The best thing was that I could collaborate online with my teammates. Overall, it was a nice experience."
  • "There should be a feature for changing the color of the background, borders, etc. Such a feature will make the flowcharts more attractive."

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use it for making flowcharts. I am using their web application.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped me in representing all the hard work that I had put into my project in a visually appealing and better way. Without it, all the hard work that I did would not have got noticed properly.

We use Lucidspark's collaborate or colors feature in which we can assign each user a certain color to identify what each person is contributing. It is a really good feature. Our mentor assigned us with those, and with sticky notes, we get to know what we were doing, what we were missing, or what should be improved. It was very helpful, and we could directly improve things then and there.

Its integration with Salesforce was useful. For some of the demos, I was able to integrate the Salesforce platform with it, which was very helpful. I could do that in minimal time with Lucidspark.

It helps us in spending more time discussing and revising ideas and next steps and less time organizing them. It enables us in fine-tuning and improving the ideas and representations and making our flowcharts visually better and accurate. Its virtual whiteboard is also great for collaboration.

What is most valuable?

The online collaboration with the teammates and being able to represent things in a visually attractive way are the most valuable features. It has been a really nice experience to make such beautiful and visually attractive flowcharts by using Lucidspark. The best thing was that I could collaborate online with my teammates. Overall, it was a nice experience.

It provides different features, and we can also see the flowcharts in the PDF format and different image formats.

Its user interface and intuitiveness are great. It is easy to use, and it makes things easier. If you have experience in making flowcharts on other sites, you will find Lucidspark to be an easier version of those sites.

It has many features similar to what other sites provide. However, when we make flowcharts on any other platform or site, it becomes very difficult to get it synchronized, but with Lucidspark, we can directly synchronize flowcharts. We were a team of three to four, and we collaborated through Lucidspark to create flowcharts. It was a way easier to collaborate and make the best flowcharts with Lucidspark.

What needs improvement?

There should be a feature for changing the color of the background, borders, etc. Such a feature will make the flowcharts more attractive.

I have been using Lucidspark for one month. My company has been using it for a longer duration.

I didn't find any issue related to its stability.

There were no issues related to its scalability. We have around 500 users, and almost everyone who wishes to make flowcharts for documentation, demo, and presentation can use it. It is available for all. Its future usage will depend on the requirements.

I have not contacted their technical support.

What other advice do I have?

The biggest lesson that I have learned from using this solution is that it is important to represent your work in a visually attractive and easy-to-understand way.

I would rate Lucidspark a nine out of 10.

AA
Student at a university with 501-1,000 employees
A time-saving solution for prioritizing ideas and automatically grouping them, with an easy to use interface

• "The solution enables me to prioritize ideas."
  • "It would be really helpful if more features and templates would be added to the product."

What is our primary use case?

I am making use of Lucidspark as an architectural design tool for my final year project.

How has it helped my organization?

While I have tried other solutions, I have found Lucidspark to be very helpful with my use case.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers many features that I find to be beneficial with my architectural design.

The user interface is pretty easy for me to use... and I haven't faced any kind of issues with it.

The virtual whiteboard for brainstorming high-level ideas and concepts... is good.

The solution enables me to prioritize ideas. This is basically why I use Lucidspark. When I started out on my project I had planned to design my final architecture with the help of some online tool from a white sheet on which I had drawn. When I found out about Lucidspark I realized that it helps me with the design.

The solution has features to tag and automatically group ideas to help organize and synthesize them after a brainstorming session. This ability helps me to find patterns and things among the ideas. It really helps me to share ideas with my friends.

The solution allows me to automatically group ideas so that I can take action and move them forward. It allows me to repeatedly download my ideas, share them with my friends and get their feedback.

The solution allows me to spend more time discussing and revising ideas and next steps and less time organizing them. It really helps me to decrease the need for manual effort. I feel very positive about this feature. It is good enough to help me.

What needs improvement?

The copying and pasting features need to be improved as they gave me trouble when I tried to copy and paste from one end to the other. This proved especially problematic for students who are working on disparate projects.

It would be really helpful if more features and templates would be added to the product. This would also result in a decrease of manual effort.

I have been using Lucidspark for the past month.

The solution is quite effective and insures against any problem or challenge one may encounter.

We have not made use of the solution's technical support.

While I cannot recall their exact names, I do know that I tried several online whiteboard tools but found their use to be difficult. Lucidspark, by contrast, turned out to be straightforward.

The initial setup took several minutes. I do not have any specific implementation strategy of which to speak.

We did not use an integrator, reseller or consultant for the deployment.

I have not seen a return on my investment.

One must pay extra if he wishes to have a higher level product. Most students such as myself will opt for a paid version.

What other advice do I have?

In my experience I have found the solution to be quite easy to use.

I rate Lucidspark as a 7.5 out of ten.

SS
Private Tutor at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
The whiteboard makes it feel like being in a physical classroom

• "The whiteboard has been very helpful. It's a nice tool. At least for me, as a teacher, that's been very helpful and it's an easy tool. There are specific tools within the whiteboard for drawing. It makes things easier, so I like that."
  • "I would like for the whiteboard to have the ability to be expanded. It doesn't have the ability to be a continuous page so that you don't have to erase things."

What is our primary use case?

I'm a private tutor. I run my own tutoring business. I use Lucidspark for my teaching purposes.

I use the free version.

When I have an online class in our school, on Zoho Meeting or Zoom, I sometimes share writings and use the whiteboard. It's easy to use and it has a lot of tools in it. So I use it as a whiteboard for my students.

I use it for remote sessions.

How has it helped my organization?

Lucidspark is just like being in an actual physical classroom, there's a whiteboard in the classroom. I use the Lucidspark whiteboard similarly to the way it's used in a classroom. I share my screen through Zoho Meeting and all my students can then see the whiteboard from Lucidspark. I use that to present my concept.

It's a really good whiteboard, it's not simple. It's like any other whiteboard.

Lucidspark has other facilities and other tools, but I haven't explored any of those. I've stuck to using the whiteboard.

What is most valuable?

I only use the whiteboard and I'm not sure what other features are available. I haven't gone so deep and delved into the other features.

The whiteboard has been very helpful. It's a nice tool. At least for me, as a teacher, that's been very helpful and it's an easy tool. There are specific tools within the whiteboard for drawing. It makes things easier, so I like that.

It's easy to use.

The activity and engagement levels of users during sessions, when compared to in-person sessions, depends on who is engaging them. I find my students to be very engaged. They give their 100% to it. So it's been good.

What needs improvement?

I would like for the whiteboard to have the ability to be expanded. It doesn't have the ability to be a continuous page so that you don't have to erase things.

This would help when I'm teaching concepts and move on to something else if I want to go back to what I had shown earlier. It would help me to have a way to reach that.

I have been using Lucidspark for around a month.

It's always available. I've never had any issues with that.

It has served me well. It's been good.

The setup was simple. I remember that it wasn't complicated, but I don't remember what they did for it. It took around five minutes to set up.

I didn't evaluate other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to let it work. If you want something to stay, and you don't want it to be erased, take a screenshot, and save it. Many whiteboards have the ability to go back to what you already had.

I would rate Lucidspark a nine out of ten.