ManageEngine ADManager Plus OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ManageEngine ADManager Plus is #5 ranked solution in top Active Directory Management tools. IT Central Station users give ManageEngine ADManager Plus an average rating of 6 out of 10. ManageEngine ADManager Plus is most commonly compared to ManageEngine ADAudit Plus:ManageEngine ADManager Plus vs ManageEngine ADAudit Plus. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 25% of all views.
What is ManageEngine ADManager Plus?

In real-time, ensure critical resources in the network like the Domain Controllers are audited, monitored and reported with the entire information on AD objects - Users, Groups, GPO, Computer, OU, DNS, AD Schema and Configuration changes with 200+ detailed event specific GUI reports and email alerts.

Download the Active Directory Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

ManageEngine ADManager Plus Customers

Toshiba, CHS, Alcatel-Lucent, Symantec, Northrop Grumann, Symantec, Disney

ManageEngine ADManager Plus Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ManageEngine ADManager Plus pricing:
  • "I downloaded the trial version, only."
  • "The cost of this product is a little higher than I would expect for a tool like this."

ManageEngine ADManager Plus Reviews

Andreas Nuelati
System Administrator at AWT International- Croatia
Affordable, with an easy setup and good reporting

• "The solution offers very good reports for management purposes."
  • "It would be nice if the solution offered some sort of brochure with some high-level information that would help sell it to management. If they had details around how much time it saves an engineer, for example, to show the ROI, it would be helpful."

What is our primary use case?

I'm a single system engineer, and I have colleagues that are technicians. They don't have knowledge of the archetypal console and administration.

The solution is perfect for moving myself from first to second-level support and empowering technicians to handle certain tasks such as resetting passwords, reporting expiring passwords, etc. With the solution, that type of task can be handled from the report and delegated.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers very good reports for management purposes.

Teams are able to use the solution remotely and allow access to colleagues.

The solution is very simple.

What needs improvement?

We're using the trial version, and so far everything we've been trying has been very good. We haven't seen areas that need improvement just yet.

The price could be a bit lower.

The solution could use more templated reports. Right now I have to manually manage and create reports.

The solution needs to integrate better with Office 365 so you can have a mixed environment.

The main downside is that, for my environment, I must have two products to conduct the same purpose. If I want to download and export PSD or I have mail and disabled accounts, I don't do it from one console. It would be helpful if I could.

We're using the trial version and have been using the solution for about a month.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

We haven't reached out to technical support. However, they do offer contact and options to arrange meetings. They have a way of keeping connected with us without being overly annoying.

We ended up choosing this solution over Microsoft SCCM because Microsoft is much more expensive. ADManager also offers the features we needed for our company.

The initial setup was straightforward. It's quite easy and is managed in just a few clicks. Deployment times are very fast and seem to take as little as 15 minutes.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

So far, the solution seems like it's worth the money it costs to use it.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the trial version, so we only have access to the free tools and don't have access to certain items such as remote installation.

We're planning to buy the full solution soon.

We're using the cloud deployment model.

The solution is one of the biggest companies in Croatia for IT organizations.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

AH
Datacenter Engineer at a university with 501-1,000 employees
Poor user interface, suffers from instability, and many features do not work as expected

• "The most valuable feature was conducting the automation of our cloud and all services of the Active Directory."
  • "This solution is not stable, it wasted my time."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for managing my Active Directory and controlling users.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

All of it needs to be improved. It's not working as it said it would with having several advantages. It has corrupted my environment.

I have had several issues in my Active Directory because of it, so I deleted it.

I don't feel comfortable with it and the features that are listed do not perform as indicated on the site.

This solution is not stable, it wasted my time.

In the next release, I would like to see all of the features. The UI needs to be improved and the functionality of the display.

I started using this solution 25 days ago.

This solution is not stable. We were trying to implement several users at once and suddenly it failed. It crashed.

It is not scalable. I didn't get anything from it other than trouble.

This was in the experimental phase. If it had worked, there would have been several users.

Several administrators were working with it during this phase.

I did not contact technical support.

The initial setup was straightforward in the beginning, but some things were mysterious. However, I was able to work around to get everything that I needed through Google searches.

Overall, It was straightforward.

It took approximately 24 hours to deploy. We only required one person to deploy and maintain this solution.

I am a consultant and I implemented this solution by myself.

I downloaded the trial version, only.

What other advice do I have?

Do your research on this product.

I don't like this software, it's useless to me. I have decided to continue without it. I didn't feel comfortable using it and it was depressing for me to handle it.

I tried this solution through the trial version, I didn't like it, so I deleted it. Overall, I do not recommend ManageEngine ADManager.

I would rate this solution a one out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about ManageEngine, Softerra, Lepide and others in Active Directory Management. Updated: November 2021.
554,529 professionals have used our research since 2012.
JC
IT Manager at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
User-friendly product that makes administration easy

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this product is that it makes it easy to administer your active directory.

What needs improvement?

I think the cost of this product is a little higher than I would expect.

I have been using this solution for approximately six years.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product as nine out of ten.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I think the cost of this product is a little higher than I would expect.

I have been using this solution for approximately six years.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product as nine out of ten.

Product Categories
Active Directory Management
Download our free Active Directory Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about ManageEngine, Softerra, Lepide, and more!