ManageEngine OpManager Overview

ManageEngine OpManager is the #11 ranked solution in our list of best Network Monitoring Tools. It is most often compared to SolarWinds NPM: ManageEngine OpManager vs SolarWinds NPM

What is ManageEngine OpManager?

ManageEngine OpManager is a network, server, and virtualization monitoring software that helps SMEs, large enterprises and service providers manage their data centers and IT infrastructure efficiently and cost effectively. Automated workflows, intelligent alerting engines, configurable discovery rules, and extendable templates enable IT teams to setup a 24x7 monitoring system within hours of installation.

ManageEngine OpManager is also known as OpManager.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

ManageEngine OpManager Customers

Bonita, Thorp Reed & Armstrong, Galaxy, Fiserv Credit Union Division, Universitas 21 Global, ERP Suites LLC

ManageEngine OpManager Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ManageEngine OpManager pricing:
  • "The initial cost is low and the add-ons are reasonable."
  • "The licensing costs depend on the number of devices and accounts that are being monitored by the solution."

IA
Network Engineer at a non-tech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
This product discovers unusual behaviors and alerts the IT so problems are avoided

What is our primary use case?

OpManager monitors the uptime and the performance of the network, servers, and applications. Additionally, it monitors the condition of the RAM, the CPU, and memory. It also monitors any inbound applications. We get notifications of any downloads or devices making unauthorized requests. It runs the processes on both sides. If it finds something we get an alert. It will tell us what the problem is and give us directions as to how to fix it.

• "This is a good general monitoring system that has all the features we require and they constantly update with new capabilities."
  • "This product is little bit slow sometimes. It may be that we need to change the configuration to improve performance."

What other advice do I have?

In general, this product meets all our requirements, whatever our requirements are. I expect the product to perform as promised and use all the features that I need. It monitors the services, uptime, downtime, and that general requirement is met. I think I have no real implementation requirements. They are also constantly improving by resolving some bugs and they also add some additional features. For example, now if we want to monitor file integrity and IT management, we can do that. They also provide all services through the same console. If you want to, you can get other functionality…
Syed Mohammed Wasi
Technical Consultant at Ministry of Finance - Saudi Customs
Generates helpful reports in our hybrid environment

What is our primary use case?

This solution is being used by Saudi Customs, and there are different classifications of ports. We have land ports, airports, and dry ports. In total, we have almost forty-two remote sites with a semi-centralized data center. We have both on-premises and cloud-based deployments in a distributed system.

• "The most valuable feature is the network-related reporting."
  • "The dashboard has some limitations and should be more user-friendly."

What other advice do I have?

We are using another product from the same vendor that's called Device Control. This product is for working on remote sites, and it is necessary because OpManager cannot fulfill our requirements. In Device Control you have the ability to troubleshoot, remote control, and you have inventory management. For anybody who is researching this type of solution, I would suggest doing a POC to see if this solution will satisfy your goals and requirements in your environment. This will help you with your selection. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about ManageEngine, SolarWinds, Paessler AG and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.
WS
Network Engineer at Indigo IT, LLC
The fact that we can schedule reports enables us to have fewer spreadsheets to create

What is our primary use case?

My personal use case is for network management, traffic flow, am any kind of alerts. Anything you can think of, you can program through OpManager or anything on the network you can think of, you can program through OpManager. We run monthly and weekly reports and all of those are programmed and then in a week or a month, it's in your inbox. Your CIF log scan goes through it all.

• "You can put all of your work on there, they'll send you an email or send you a text. That functionality as a network engineer is the one I like the most. I do like the fact that we can schedule reports. That works too because that's a lot fewer spreadsheets that I have to create."
  • "OpManager is slow but that just might be the server we have it on. I don't think that's the problem but I don't do the server. But it is slow. When you're interacting with it, it could be more nimble and could be faster."

What other advice do I have?

It's a good solution. I wasn't part of the decision or part of the team at the time that they chose it but it definitely does what we need it for. It has more functionality than what we use it for, so I think it's overall a good solution. The only gripe I have is like everybody else, I would want it to be faster. That's the only issue I have. I would rate OpManager a nine out of ten.
Fredrick-Massawe
System Administrator at Bakhresa Group of companies
Good application monitoring, easy to set up and very good scalability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to monitor our servers.

• "The application monitoring is the solution's most valuable feature."
  • "The licensing model is confusing."

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model. I'd recommend the solution. I'd rate it eight out of ten.
Fredrick-Massawe
System Administrator at Bakhresa Group of companies
Easily monitor many servers from a single console

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for monitoring our local network and servers. We have on on-premises deployment.

• "It helps us a lot for monitoring our servers in one console, instead of going to individual servers."
  • "The licensing for this solution is not straightforward and should be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Sachin Nagpal
Project Manager at NIIT Limited
Refined alerts to help monitor devices effectively but it is sometimes difficult to manage the user interface

What is our primary use case?

Right now, we are using ManageEngine OpManager for network monitoring. We also use it for server and application monitoring. We monitor parameters of servers like CPU, RAM, and hard disk.

• "The alerting feature has improved our organization. We can create multiple alerts and refine them to how we need to use them."
  • "It is sometimes difficult to manage the user interface. It can get very complicated."

What other advice do I have?

Choose the modules that you would need in your organization because they have other modules like Application Manager that we are not using currently.
AK
IT Administrator at a maritime company with 10,001+ employees
Monitoring alerts enable administrators to be immediately notified and perform the required action

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for monitoring the hardware resources for the servers.

• "The most valuable feature is the monitoring alerts. The administrators are immediately notified and can do the required action immediately. This is the feature we value and use the most."
  • "The storage level monitoring needs improvement. It needs storage level monitoring on the server itself. That feature is lacking right now."

What other advice do I have?

It's a very good tool and I would definitely recommend it to someone considering it. I would rate it an eight out of ten. Not a ten because there is room for improvement and because it needs storage.
Jose Antonio Rivera Mora
IT Project Office Manager at Grupo Lala
Easy to use, easy to deploy, and good support

What is our primary use case?

We are mainly using it for Windows operating systems.

• "It is easy to use and deploy."
  • "We have been facing an issue since last year when a lot of our users started to work from home through their mobiles or computers. We are having trouble reaching these devices. We are now planning to publish our instance to the cloud so that we can reach these devices. Its performance should be improved in terms of the discovery of the devices. I would like to feel confident with the discovery that this solution does. For example, on my dashboard, I would like to be able to view a list of all devices seen on a specific server. At present, it is difficult to find such information. This would be an excellent feature to have."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I feel comfortable working with it. I would rate ManageEngine OpManager a nine out of ten.
See 3 more ManageEngine OpManager Reviews
Product Categories
Network Monitoring Software
Download our free Network Monitoring Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about ManageEngine, SolarWinds, Paessler AG, and more!