ManageEngine OpManager Overview

ManageEngine OpManager is the #12 ranked solution in our list of best Network Monitoring Tools. It is most often compared to SolarWinds NPM: ManageEngine OpManager vs SolarWinds NPM

What is ManageEngine OpManager?

ManageEngine OpManager is a network, server, and virtualization monitoring software that helps SMEs, large enterprises and service providers manage their data centers and IT infrastructure efficiently and cost effectively. Automated workflows, intelligent alerting engines, configurable discovery rules, and extendable templates enable IT teams to setup a 24x7 monitoring system within hours of installation.

ManageEngine OpManager is also known as OpManager.

ManageEngine OpManager Buyer's Guide

Download the ManageEngine OpManager Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

ManageEngine OpManager Customers

Bonita, Thorp Reed & Armstrong, Galaxy, Fiserv Credit Union Division, Universitas 21 Global, ERP Suites LLC

ManageEngine OpManager Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

IT Support Manager at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
The ability to better customize the views helps us target exactly what information gets to the people who need to know it

What is our primary use case?

We use the product as a network monitoring system. We have ten people who are using the system from the admin and end-user level. The platform is used daily and we are looking at extending it to other areas of the business to do different types of monitoring. We have dashboards that we put up that we leverage off and we want to get more systems incorporated.

• "Flexibility in the two view dashboard helps viewers and admins get the information they need about the fetwork in a flash."
  • "The two views into the system are very good but could be extended to further customization to fit the need of end users in a variety of roles."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the product an eight out of ten. The reason for that is that it is an exceptional value for the money. It may not be the absolute best, but it is certainly better than most solutions and the price differential is significant. It is a good idea to get both the application monitoring package and the Ops Manager. They compliment each other, so I would suggest buying both. With regards to the implementation, I would suggest making use of an implementer even though it is an easy system to implement. An implementer will have the experience to do the implementation according to standards…
MH
Network Security Architect at DXC Technology
Device backups are smooth and managed centrally with a nice dashboard

What is our primary use case?

For enterprise clients: * Platform monitoring * Network device monitoring * Fault monitoring * Alerting * Device configuration backups.

• "Defining thresholds and other alerting criteria is fairly simple and would not require a lot of training. This is very useful if you are managing a large environment."
  • "Device backups are smooth and managed centrally, with a nice dashboard, so you can quickly see the status."
  • "Needs an OVA, or more support for virtual deployments. Building a virtual instance of OpManager and OpManager Probe was a bit difficult because there was no OVA available."
Learn what your peers think about ManageEngine OpManager. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,534 professionals have used our research since 2012.
RM
Product Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Alerts, reports, and automation together enable us to quickly troubleshoot

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for network monitoring. We monitor customer networks with it and the performance is extremely good. The distributed network has a lot of features that our customers really appreciate.

• "It would be great if there were some sort of artificial intelligence feature which would help us make improvements in the network once we find an issue, and do it automatically."

What other advice do I have?

It would be a 10 out of 10 if they had artificial intelligence features such that, besides monitoring and sending alerts, it would solve the problems in specific nodes that are causing issues. It would be great if we had that. Download a testing license and try it for 30 days. It's worthwhile to have the tool in your local environment. Also, try to find a local partner that can help you with the initial set up.
    Sr. Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    ​Support needs improvement, though it has a rich GUI for infrastructure monitoring

What is most valuable?

Rich GUI tool to monitor infrastructure. Provides all types of monitoring in a single product.

What needs improvement?

Support is very bad. They should improve support and customer relationship.

Two years.

No issues in tools.

It depends on cost, the customer and architect.

It is straightforward.

It is fully depend on customer, on what he wants.

Yes, before choosing a product I evaluate it against all…
    CH
    Technical Sales Consultant at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
    Enables the defining of thresholds, monitor, and alarm with multiple severities per monitor

What other advice do I have?

Start out with the latest version and keep the product up-to-date. Most of my issues have stemmed from starting as a 10.x install and slowly upgrading to the latest version.
    Diretor Sistemas de Informação (CIO/CTO)
    Alerting Provides Real-Time Failure Insight And Can Occasionally Predict Failures

What other advice do I have?

To have all purchased features available, a Windows base is necessary for product installation. Without that, monitoring and automation thru WMI for Windows will not be available. Works with MySQL or an external MS SQL instance. For performance I recommend an MS SQL instance. Installing a digital certificate is hard (although steps are easy) and doesn't always work first time.
    Team Lead at EOH Managed Services Public Sector
    Monitor and reporting on device config changes.

What is most valuable?

Network device monitoring Switch configuration reporting Router configuration backups

How has it helped my organization?

Monitor and reporting on device config changes.

What needs improvement?

Change control.

2 Years

Customer Service: Excellent Technical Support: Excellent

CA Technologies - Not agentless and required training

Easy and straightforward

What about the implementation

IT Manager at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
    Deploying agents through the application was problematic but overall deployment was easy.

What is most valuable?

FIM, and SIEM both available in free version (fewer than 10 devices).

We’ve been evaluating the free version for about a month.

Deployment was quite easy. We used the PostgreSQL version which comes with the install. Deploying agents through the application was problematic so we installed them manually.

Since we are a small shop, we only needed what was available in the free version.

Customer Service: Excellent. It was on my initial contact that the rep suggested I wait a day to download the product, as more functionality would be added to the free…
    Network Engineer at a tech consulting company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Reliable network monitoring and a feature-rich package
    If you’re struggling with constant problems like servers running out of disk space, networks running out of capacity, and users knowing when services are “down” before you do, then ManageEngine’s OpManager may be the answer. OpManager has a large number of features that can help tame unruly networks including: Easy installation: OpManager can be installed in only a few minutes, and will optionally scan and discover your network. Workflow Automation: New automation features go far beyond basic scripting. A simple workflow builder UI allows users to build complex routines that can run as part of regular maintenance, or be triggered by events. Possibilities include advanced programmatic if/then functions like restarting devices and executing scripts. Or, a workflow could be…
    Product Categories
    Network Monitoring Software
    Download our free ManageEngine OpManager Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.