ManageEngine Password Manager Pro OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ManageEngine Password Manager Pro is the #8 ranked solution in our list of top Enterprise Password Managers. It is most often compared to Microsoft Azure Key Vault: ManageEngine Password Manager Pro vs Microsoft Azure Key Vault

What is ManageEngine Password Manager Pro?

Password Manager Pro is a secure vault for storing and managing shared sensitive information such as passwords, documents and digital identities of enterprises.

ManageEngine Password Manager Pro is also known as Password Manager Pro.

Download the Single Sign-On (SSO) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

ManageEngine Password Manager Pro Customers

Australian Catholic University

ManageEngine Password Manager Pro Video

ManageEngine Password Manager Pro Reviews

JM
Founder at Hagios Consulting
Easy to use with good documentation and excellent password security

• "The security provided is very enhanced and it does a great job of keeping passwords safe."
  • "It's a pretty technical solution. It's designed for more technical people."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a password vault. We use it mostly for privileged accounts. It's more for administrator application passwords. We don't use it for personal accounts. We use it for system accounts and privileged accounts only.

How has it helped my organization?

We don't have to be a recording our password on paper or in a document. It keeps things more secure.

What is most valuable?

We haven't had any problems with the solution. It's worked well so far.

The password manager is very good. I do not have to ask for the password. I can log in directly to a unique machine without knowing the password.

The solution has a very easy setup.

The cost of the solution is reasonable.

The solution has a lot of great features that make tasks easier for technical people.

The security provided is very enhanced and it does a great job of keeping passwords safe. You can either set the passwords that are stored in the repository, or you can let the system generate a password every time you need a password. The system can also automatically reset the password for you in the system. In terms of password compliance, it helps with regular updates of passwords, hiding of passwords, or allowing users to understand who is using which password.

The product is very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes the person who doesn't actually use those passwords becomes responsible for the password. You find passwords belonging to one person, and then everybody else has to ask for passwords from under that account. Sometimes it becomes cumbersome.

It's a pretty technical solution. It's designed for more technical people.

I've been using the solution for more than two years at this point. It's been a while.

The solution is reliable. If there have been any issues, it likely had nothing to do with the actual product and was probably just the environment. Typically issues we've faced are something that can just be fixed quickly.

We are sort of scaling out right now. We don't have any issues, with the deployment and expansion, as we are running the same platform and managing systems in two different data centers. If a company needs to scale, it shouldn't have any issues.

We have about 60 people on the solution. That said, we use a single sign on, and therefore there are more than 60 people who can go through ManageEngine.

We are likely to increase the number probably to more than a hundred, as more technical people get involved in our systems. The idea is to have all systems enrolled.

We've dealt with technical support a few times now. They have been responsive, and there is good documentation that is also available. We're quite satisfied with the level of support.

The initial setup was not complex. It was straightforward. We mostly do our own implementation.

We did the deployment over a period of time. We had to look at how many systems there were and how many passwords we had to migrate to the system. We had to go through step by step.

The solution does need occasional maintenance.

We handled the implementation ourselves. We did ask the vendor for some specific help in certain areas where we needed guidance.

I'm not too familiar with the licensing process. It is my understanding that we pay for support, and we pay on a yearly basis for the license.

The pricing is okay. It's not too expensive. Usually, we negotiate before we agree to the price. If it's a price we can't afford, we don't buy anything.

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and end-user.

We're currently using the latest version of the solution. We actually just recently updated the product a week or two ago.

I would recommend the resolution to other organizations. There are even more features we are planning to implement. I'd recommend it to any person who needs a password vault.

I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

TS
Senior System Specialist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Provides good collaboration and security for password sharing

• "It is very safe and we haven't had any security issues."
  • "The user interface could be improved and made more user friendly."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for the product is collaboration for sharing passwords.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature would be the authorization for saving passwords. It is also very safe and we haven't had any security issues.

What needs improvement?

The product could be improved by lowering the price - it's expensive. We pay a license fee.
I also think that the user interface could be improved and made more user-friendly. It's sometimes a little complex to understand what things mean.

We are a customer of ManageEngine Password Manager Pro and I work as a senior systems specialist. I've been using the product for a couple of years although the company I work for has been using it for much longer.

It's a stable product.

I can't really comment on scalability since we are running them all on one server which is enough for us.

We used the technical support a couple of times and were very pleased. It worked well.

I wasn't involved with the setup of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I'm currently looking for a replacement for the product. I don't know yet what direction we will move in but I would say that if someone's deploying this product they need to think beforehand how they plan to incorporate the users, in particular the admin users. It's important because the licenses are based on number of people using the product, and I think that we might not be implementing correctly which makes the license more expensive for us. We have about 200 in the company who use the solution.

I would rate this product an eight out of 10.

Download our free Single Sign-On (SSO) Report and find out what your peers are saying about ManageEngine, LogMeIn, Fortinet, and more!