MK
It distribution manager at Megatrade
Integrates and scales well with other ManageEngine products, and has responsive technical support

• "I like how it can be integrated and expanded with other ManageEngine products."
  • "ManageEngine has developed and implemented new features in its cloud version. I would like to see the features extended to the on-premises version."

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution as a support engineer in the IT department. I provide services for my colleagues inside the company.

It is used to improve communications between other departments and to build more ITL servers for business processes in our IT department.

What is most valuable?

I like how it can be integrated and expanded with other ManageEngine products.

What needs improvement?

ManageEngine has developed and implemented new features in its cloud version. I would like to see the features extended to the on-premises version.

I would like to see the new trends and new technology in the IT department and in the industry implemented quickly.

I have been working with ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus for approximately four and a half years.

ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus is stable. We have not had any issues or experienced any crashes.

It's a scalable solution. It scales well with other software products, which is something that is very useful in the IT department.

Response time for level two and level three questions is very fast.

For level one, they provide all of the necessary information. There is no need to ask for technical support.

I'm familiar with HelpDesk, and ITSM Solutions.

My previous position was as a support technical engineer. I understand the benefits of this solution and the importance of the support engineering team.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Any technical expert can easily use it.

It is cheaper than the competitors.

What other advice do I have?

Before implementing or deciding to implement any new software, you must understand the results you will achieve. From that, you will choose the right product.

I would rate ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus an eight out of ten.

NG
Quality Assurance Project Engeneer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
Easy to operate solution despite the unfriendly user-interface

• "I have been impressed by how easy it is to operate and how easy the structure is to manage service tickets. If they request an incident problem train, it's a very strong model. Another strong feature in the tool is the CMDB."
  • "I think the user interface needs to be improved and needs to be enhanced to be more supportive to users."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is a ticket management tool for the end user in my company.

What is most valuable?

I have been impressed by how easy it is to operate and how easy the structure is to manage service tickets. If they request an incident problem train, it's a very strong model. Another strong feature in the tool is the CMDB.

Another feature that I'm currently studying is the IT project.

What needs improvement?

In terms of what can be improved, although the user interface is friendly enough, I struggle finding how the tool operates, how to master using the tool. I think the user interface needs to be improved and needs to be enhanced to be more supportive to users.

I personally have been using ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus for a few months. However, my team of technicians has two to three years experience working on that tool.

I personally have not had any bugs with this product.

In terms of cost and pricing, I'm not the person who pays for the tool, and I don't know if the price for the tool is fair or unfair. I have no idea about that. But I'm aware that it's quite expensive.

The price could be reduced,

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I can recommend it because it is a very strong tool on the ITS. However, I would also recommend some other tools. For example, Service Now, or other commercial TMS tools.

On a scale from one to 10, I would rate Service Desk Plus a seven.

Learn what your peers think about ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
541,708 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Nayef Hamzeh
IT Manager at CMC
Has catalog features and is easy to install

• "I like the catalog features and workflow. I also like the knowledge space."
  • "It needs more customization and the ability to generate reports based on custom feeds. At present, if you create a custom feed in any form, you cannot create a report based on those criteria."

What is most valuable?

I like the catalog features and workflow. I also like the knowledge space.

What needs improvement?

The workflow needs to be improved, along with form design.

It needs more customization and the ability to generate reports based on custom feeds. At present, if you create a custom feed in any form, you cannot create a report based on those criteria.

The scalability could be increased as well.

I've been working with ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus for almost three years.

There are some glitches with regard to attachments. Sometimes, it crashes when we attach certain files. Otherwise, it's stable.

I think it could be more scalable.

Technical support has been very good.

The initial setup is straightforward and not complex.

We use the cloud model, which is subscription-based, and each year, the subscription fees seem to go up, making it a more expensive solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would ask those who are considering ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus to test it to see if it will suit their environment because there are some limitations with regard to custom forms. You can link custom forms, but you cannot build whatever you want because of this issue.

Also, the workflow can take two or three steps at maximum. It's not like an approval workflow with four or five steps.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus at eight.

DG
IT Security Officer at a mining and metals company with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to use and the technical support is good

What is our primary use case?

This product is our helpdesk solution and we use it for call logging and management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its ease of use.

What needs improvement?

The documentation could be improved.

We have been using ServiceDesk Plus for almost one year.

This is a stable product.

I have not been in contact with technical support, although my understanding is that it is fine and we are satisfied with it.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product and I recommend it. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

Which deployment model are you using for

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its ease of use.

What needs improvement?

The documentation could be improved.

We have been using ServiceDesk Plus for almost one year.

This is a stable product.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product and I recommend it.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

Download our free ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.