McAfee Complete Data Protection Overview

McAfee Complete Data Protection is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Endpoint Encryption tools. It is most often compared to Microsoft BitLocker: McAfee Complete Data Protection vs Microsoft BitLocker

What is McAfee Complete Data Protection?

Sensitive data is constantly at risk of loss, theft, and exposure. Many times, the data simply walks right out the front door on a laptop or USB device. Companies that suffer such a data loss risk serious consequences, including regulatory penalties, public disclosure, brand damage, customer distrust, and financial losses. According to a Ponemon Institute report, 7% of all corporate laptops will be lost or stolen sometime during their useful life. The rapid proliferation of mobile devices with large storage capacities and often internet access is opening up even more channels for data loss or theft, so protecting sensitive, proprietary, and personally identifiable information must be a top priority. McAfee Complete Data Protection Suites address all of these concerns and many more.

McAfee Complete Data Protection Buyer's Guide

Download the McAfee Complete Data Protection Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: February 2021

McAfee Complete Data Protection Customers

Xcel Energy

McAfee Complete Data Protection Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about McAfee Complete Data Protection pricing:
  • "The pricing of the cloud offering seems confusing."
  • "This solution is reasonably priced."
  • "The pricing is better than that of some competing products."

McAfee Complete Data Protection Reviews

Obaseun Awoyinfa
Security Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Sep 9, 2020
An excellent solution for protecting from data exposure, device protection, and shadow IT

What is our primary use case?

I am actually very familiar with the on-premises solution. I am just starting to try out the cloud version. I have not really had the opportunity to exercise the capabilities fully because I need to buy the license to do that. I work with Cyber Security Africa Distribution, but even being that type of organization we still have to purchase our license to try the full solution. I have seen it work with the MVISION Cloud, but I have not tried out the data protection path. But I have reviewed all the features.

• "With proper policies and configuration, it prevents sending corporate data to both cloud storage or to flash drives and data extraction."
  • "The beauty of McAfee is that they are not looking at encryption from one single standpoint. It is a broader solution."
  • "The drive side encryption can be confusing to use and needs better documentation."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate this McAfee Complete Data Protection product as an eight or even a nine-out-of-ten. Just for the encryption part, I think I will say nine. The solution is actually quite stable and otherwise, it is quite good. I would definitely recommend this product to other users. The core of McAfee has been my end solution for all types of situations for me for a long time. If I have not switched yet to work with any other solution, obviously, I think it is a good one and I definitely recommend McAfee. On the DLP side, I am…
Amer-Alkhawaldeh
Presales Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Dec 30, 2019
Gives accessibility to either allow or block many preferences on a machine and does a good job of protecting against any data loss

What is our primary use case?

We deploy McAfee products mostly as service delivery providers for our customers. About 60% to 70% of the time we use this solution as the complete, modular anti-virus component for data and endpoint protection. We use the advanced version for device control. Sometimes we integrate Endpoint Encryption for file and folder protection and maybe add in McAfee Application Control to block unwanted applications. We provide services for prevention as well as endpoint and firewall solutions. Depending on what the client wants, there are many of the McAfee modules in this line that we work with to… more »

• "With McAfee Complete Data Protection, you can managed all your security solutions from one single server and one interface. This might be the most powerful advantage of McAfee's solution."
  • "The product consumes too much RAM and CPU for its processing and this can lead to resource issues on PCs."

What other advice do I have?

The advice I have for people considering this type of security solution is not to listen to what all the companies advertise. You can see bad reviews, maybe good reviews as well, but you need to use that information from the reviews as a starting point for your own observations and not just believe what reviews say. I know some reviews on the internet are fair, but some reviews are not. Try to do a POC (Proof of concept) and conduct testing for yourself. Define your policies as per your requirements for your situation and your company and choose products that meet the needs of that model. If…
Learn what your peers think about McAfee Complete Data Protection. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
465,058 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1308339
Application Programmer (Infrastructure and OA support) at a government with 10,001+ employees
Mar 15, 2020
Nice interface, feature-rich, and the technical support is helpful, but spinning disk performance needs to improve

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for folder and disk encryption. One encrypted folder in Drive D: for each PC user and disk encryption for all notebook PCs, especially for sensitive or confidential data.

• "The server software console is exquisitely designed and organized for handy access and manipulation by the administrator."
  • "I would like to have an easier and less-hassle upgrade process in future releases of the software, and extra license renewal price discounts too."

What other advice do I have?

So far, we are satisfied with the overall results and the product welcomed by end-users with few complaints.
Yash Rana
Manager IT at OTE
Sep 25, 2019
The device control is more reliable and more stable but the interface is not easy for administrators

• "With this solution, the device control is more reliable and more stable."
  • "The solution should be more user-friendly."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others who are looking for a DLP solution, a data protection solution, would be to go for it. Along with the antivirus protection, I would definitely suggest the company to go for the next generation in antivirus or EDR or sensing technology which is currently more available in the market. There is more, newer technology on the market today. And antivirus properties of McAfee technology, like scanning the viruses and things like that, is more traditional, conventional technology. I will not say to go ahead with the antivirus, but McAfee's DLP data protection is still very good and…
Abel Abenemi
Network Support Engineer at a energy/utilities company with 51-200 employees
Nov 6, 2019
Protects and secures your data from threats and from copying

What is our primary use case?

This solution helps us to protect and secure our data.

• "In the configuration, you can restrict a user from accessing a removable drive."
  • "I want simplicity. A new user opening the dashboard will be confused. It needs to be more user-friendly."
Kranthi Kumar
Storage Engineer at 22by7
Reseller
Sep 6, 2020
User-friendly, support is always available, and it is the best product for GDPR compliance

What is our primary use case?

We are system integrators who do the implementation and provide support for a variety of products. One of our main areas of focus is endpoint security, along with data loss prevention, encryption, and web security. McAfee Complete Data Protection is one of the security solutions that we implement for our customers. It is the best match for GDPR compliance.

• "The interface is user-friendly and it provides a large number of options."
  • "There was an option for SQL setup in the older versions of this product and it has been removed, but we would like to see it made available as an add-on."

What other advice do I have?

McAfee Complete Data Protection is the best product on the market and I recommend it. It is very simple and anyone can easily understand it. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Saqer Aqra
Senior Cyber Security Consultant at Ingram Micro Inc.
Mar 17, 2020
Excellent protection that is easy to use with simple access to the DLP

What is our primary use case?

Some users were concerned about their employees' information. They needed to protect this data from leakage and from any type of exploitation. Therefore, the DLP was deployed in their environment to protect them and to test the actual requirements. This is why we primarily use the solution.

• "The solution is excellent for protecting users from data being exploited. It's also great for preventing data leakage."
  • "The solution needs more advanced features."

What other advice do I have?

I'm a consultant. Our company is a partner as well as a distributor. I would recommend companies who want some solid security products to consider this solution. McAfee is well known in the market, and it has a good reputation specifically surrounding the EPO encryption. I would recommend them. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I'd rate the solution higher if the navigation to the settings and propagation were more clear inside McAfee.
reviewer1507008
Lead Cyber Security Consultant at a security firm with 501-1,000 employees
Feb 25, 2021
Unified management console and scales well, but we need more granular control over the policies

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the security products that we implement for our clients. I focus primarily on data protection and data loss prevention solutions, and in this role, I work with McAfee Complete Data Protection a lot. We also use it for encryption. A simple use case would be keywords and reject detection. Other reasons that we use it are for PII and PCI compliance.

• "The console allows us to manage not only endpoint protection, but DLP, and also integration with MVISION Cloud."
  • "We are looking for more granular control over the policies."

What other advice do I have?

We can see that a lot of things are moving to the cloud, and I want to see more cloud solutions and more integration where we can make use of them. As time goes on, we can see that there are more customers on the cloud. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
See 6 more McAfee Complete Data Protection Reviews
Product Categories
Endpoint Encryption
Download our free McAfee Complete Data Protection Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.