Jagadeesh Amarnath
Senior Technical Team Lead at Foresight Software Solutions Pvt Ltd
Reseller
Scans and protects data-at-rest

• "With respect to data loss prevention, I think it is helpful to the customer."
  • "There are some features that do not work with Mac."

What is our primary use case?

We have huge clients, like Toshiba, Bangalore International Airport, Viacom, and other companies.

What is most valuable?

With respect to data loss prevention, I think it is helpful to the customer; except for a few limitations with Mac.

What needs improvement?

The full set of features are enabled only for Windows. There are some features that do not work with Mac. With respect to device control, it can be quite limited for Mac.

With Mac, we experience problems with post-related issues, with the device controller, and with email-related listings. Network communication is another thing. Certain rules just do not work for our Mac environments.

The security could also be improved when it comes to Mac. Most of our customers ask for these features. They want these same features for their Mac devices. We're just hosts — it's up to McAfee to provide these features.

They should also offer encryption and device control for Linux.

We have been reselling McAfee Complete Data Protection for seven years.

McAfee Complete Data Protection is both stable and scalable.

The technical support is good. It's easy for us to reach support whenever we experience any issues. They put us right through to human beings — we don't have to converse with a robot first.

This solution is easy to deploy and maintain.

McAfee Complete Data Protection is a little bit expensive. The price could be lower. In regard to data loss prevention, we have different licensing.

What other advice do I have?

We need to check a customer's environment and infrastructure before recommending this solution. Based on that, we can then decide on the type of setup they'll require. Later on, when their new environment increases, they're able to scale up easily.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give McAfee Complete Data Protection a rating of nine.

AdnanButt
Service Security Specialist
Good antivirus aspects, an easy to use interface and good stability

• "The interface is very good. You can create and manage your own dashboard."
  • "The refresh feature needs improvement. You need to refresh it manually yt going to the address bar, clicking on it and pressing enter, or pressing F5. There should be a button you can click on to refresh or have it so every five seconds it's refreshing."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for endpoint protection, data loss prevention and application whitelisting.

What is most valuable?

The antivirus is the solution's most valuable feature.

The interface is very good. You can create and manage your own dashboard.

The reporting is very good.

What needs improvement?

QTs should be drag and drop.

The solution should allow for a bit more customization.

The reporting is good, but could use improvement. Right now you can export it as a PDF or CSV but these options will not make your design available. They should be more visual.

I've been using the solution for almost five years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable. We have about 1,000 users on the solution currently.

Technical support is good. We've been largely satisfied with them so far.

We previously used ArcSite. It was the choice of the company to switch solutions.

The initial setup was straightforward. Deployment takes about half an hour.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

We did evaluate Trend Micro before choosing McAfee.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I'd recommend the solution. It's modern, simple, scalable and reliable.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about McAfee Complete Data Protection. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
543,424 professionals have used our research since 2012.
VM
Product Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
A data protection solution with valuable security features

• "The most valuable feature is security."
  • "The price is a little high and could be better."

What is our primary use case?

We use it, for example, for USB devices. When we are using USB devices, we have to put the password to open the USB stick. Without it, we cannot use the USB stick anywhere.

How has it helped my organization?

We can use our devices more securely. Therefore, it protects us from data loss, and therefore, it's very helpful for us. The biggest lesson we have learned is that security is very important in business.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is security.

What needs improvement?

The price is a little high and could be better.

I have been using McAfee Complete Data Protection for about two years.

We implemented this solution by ourselves.

I think the price could be a little bit less.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell potential users that automatic update distribution would be very useful for such solutions. Doing it manually is very hard work.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give McAfee Complete Data Protection a nine.

AjitKumar
Technical Security Engineer at Hitachi Systems, Ltd.
Some of the features that have been most valuable include the firewall protection, wave control, and data loss protection

• "I am satisfied with the customer service/technical support."
  • "In terms of where the solution could improve, it could integrate with network solutions for ADTs, email web gateways and discovery."

What is our primary use case?

The main use case of this solution is identifying bad actors (criminals) who want to steal data and locking them out of areas that require authentication.

What is most valuable?

Some of the features that have been most valuable include the firewall protection, wave control, and data loss protection.

What needs improvement?

In terms of where the solution could improve, it could integrate with network solutions for ADT,email web gateway and discovery.

I have been using this solution for eight

I am satisfied with the customer service/technical

Before using this solution, we used Symantec andAjeet Kumar:
And also will we on the [inaudible 00:06:03] the Symantec and Telmicro and also the first client which we also have leveled this process. And also I'm working with the first client, the CSM completely [inaudible 00:06:12] and prop C and with everything. First one