MV
Managing Director at a tech company with 11-50 employees
Good end-to-end integration, straightforward to set up, and scales with our requirements

• "What I like best is the integrated end-to-end security that works with the security information and events manager."
  • "Technical support is an area that can be improved because sometimes, the response time is a bit slow and the explanation is short."

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for endpoint server protection and content security.

What is most valuable?

What I like best is the integrated end-to-end security that works with the security information and events manager. It's a complete suite.

What needs improvement?

We have been using McAfee Endpoint Security for three years.

This is a stable product.

McAfee Endpoint Security is scalable. We have approximately 3,000 users.

We have used technical support in the past and I find that their response time can be a little bit slow. Also, they provide less of an explanation than we expect.

At this time, we use the complete suite of McAfee solutions. However, we used to use Trend Micro.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward because it comes with the central admin manager. This means that it can be deployed or pushed from this console.

It takes a couple of hours to roll this solution out to about 500 users.

My in-house team is responsible for deployment and maintenance. There are three people in our support team.

If the price of this product were lower then it would be much more attractive.

Since the maintenance is done by our own team, the price of the subscription should really be cheaper.

This is indeed a premium product when compared to others.

What other advice do I have?

Feature-wise, I am happy with this product and we have no plans to change it at the moment. It is a product that I recommend.

Hybrid Cloud
Madhav Vishwakarma
Software Engineer at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Flexible, easy to use, and scalable

• "It's easy to use."
  • "It would be nice if the solution was a bit more stable."

What is our primary use case?

The product is installed in the center and we install a product in it and give it to our customers.

What is most valuable?

The solution is pretty stable and reliable.

The product is very flexible.

It's easy to use.

There is scalability available.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice if the solution was a bit more stable.

I've been using the solution for a number of years at this point.

The solution is stable and reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The product can scale. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so.

We have a few hundred users that are on the solution.

We haven't required any help from technical support so far. I've never actually been in contact with them.

We are just using McAfee. We don't use any other solution.

I did not handle the installation. McAfee is already installed in the servers and then we or the customers get the servers. Therefore, we don't have to actually do anything regarding McAfee. It's already installed in there.

We purchased the enterprise edition.

The payment part is handled from the management side. We don't do anything regarding payment. Therefore, I can't speak to exact pricing.

We did not evaluate any other solutions before taking on this solution.

What other advice do I have?

We are a customer and an end-user.

We are likely using the latest version of the solution, however, I cannot speak to the exact version number.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've been mostly happy with its capabilities.

I'd recommend the product to other users and companies.

Learn what your peers think about McAfee Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
543,424 professionals have used our research since 2012.
VB
Manager - Computing at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
A scalable solution for endpoint protection and disk encryption, but didn't work well for some of the use cases

• "The endpoint protection and disk encryption features are the most valuable."
  • "It didn't work well for some of the use cases. We have different use cases for each entity. Their support is also not good and needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for all Windows and MAC clients. We use it for endpoint protection, DLP, and disk encryption. We are using the latest version.

What is most valuable?

The endpoint protection and disk encryption features are the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

It didn't work well for some of the use cases. We have different use cases for each entity.

Their support is also not good and needs improvement.

I have been using McAfee Endpoint Security for almost three years.

Only the endpoint is stable. There are still a few things that need to be done in DLP.

It can scale. We have around 10K users who use it on a daily basis.

Their support is not good. It needs to be improved.

We used Symantec previously. They didn't have a suite, and I wanted a suite that can give me a single control panel to manage my endpoint protection, DLP, and disk encryption. I wanted to use only a single agent with different modules so that I don't have to worry about multiple things.

It was not that simple. I would say it was moderate. It took more than three months to stabilize.

We used a partner integrator. We maintain it on our own.

It is not that expensive. There is no additional cost. We got the entire bundle together.

What other advice do I have?

I would not recommend this solution because a lot of new-age solutions are available in the market. These solutions are better than McAfee Endpoint Security and can do a better job.

I would rate McAfee Endpoint Security a seven out of ten.

DB
System Engineer at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Good reporting, and we are happy with technical support and the price

• "The most valuable features are reporting from the ePO console and the advanced threat protection (ATP)."
  • "We know that McAfee isn't the best antivirus and it can't protect us 100%, although we are okay with the level of protection that it gives us."

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for our endpoint security.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are:

- reporting facility using the ePO console for conformity and threat identification

- using the advanced threat protection (ATP)

- MNE module for customising and securing Windows Bitlocker.

What needs improvement?

We know that McAfee isn't the best antivirus and it can't protect us 100%, although we are okay with the level of protection that it gives us. I don't think that the problem lies in the antivirus, but rather, it's the user. Users are not happy with the antivirus and they try to solve the issue on their own, and that causes very big problems.

The is an incompatibility problem between Mcafee and Linux subsystem for Windows, another that has to do with Outlook and scripts. McAfee knows that, but the problem can't be solved at this time so we try to minimize the effect.

We have been using McAfee Endpoint Security for ten years.

In terms of stability, we haven't had many problems.

We use that solution for more that 10k station and servers, and we have space to grow...

The support that we get from McAfee is excellent.

We tried Bitdefender, F-Secure, and many other products before settling on McAfee. When our central agency switched to McAfee, we all adopted it.

The price of this product is good.

One of our subsidiaries has tried to switch products, although I don't know the reason why. Ultimately, the project was aborted.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is looking at McAfee Endpoint Security is simply to use it.

GG
User at a government
Centralized administration controls, always improving, and reliable

• "The most valuable feature is the centralized console where everything can be controlled by the administration."
  • "There are times the solution has some additional software added that is not fully integrated properly, such as Exchange Group Sheild. It is quite old and is not fully integrated properly and could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for system security protection.

How has it helped my organization?

McAfee has helped our organization by keeping all of our computer systems secure from viruses or other intrusions.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the centralized console where everything can be controlled by the administration. McAfee is always improving and is coming out with advanced cloud strategies, you can always rely on them now and for many years ahead.

What needs improvement?

There are times the solution has some additional software added that is not fully integrated properly, such as Exchange Group Shield. It is quite old and is not fully integrated properly and could be improved.

In an upcoming release, there could be an improvement in performance. There are times the solution can use a lot of resources on the local machines. This normally happens when the system is scanning, the end-user can really notice the performance change. After every new version that is released, there are improvements made. However, there is still room for improvement.

I have been using this solution for approximately 15 years.

The stability is good, whenever there is an issue there is an update or solution to fix it shortly after.

The scalability has been good for us, we have not expanded very much to know more.

The technical support could be improved. We currently have business support and this has been a lot better than the regular support. The business support is more responsive and the resolutions are more thorough.

The price of the solution is fair, we have a complete security package.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is very good but it is useful and important to have good experience with the endpoint testing machine.

I rate McAfee Endpoint Security nine out of ten.

CP
Information Risk Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good management console, continuously improved, and easy to deploy

• "We like the management of the ePO, and we like the management console."
  • "They can improve its resource consumption, such as memory, and maybe provide better or smaller updates. It always takes a lot of resources, but it has been getting better. I have been using McAfee products for the last 20 years or so, and I know it is getting better."

What is most valuable?

We like the management of the ePO, and we like the management console.

What needs improvement?

They can improve its resource consumption, such as memory, and maybe provide better or smaller updates. It always takes a lot of resources, but it has been getting better. I have been using McAfee products for the last 20 years or so, and I know it is getting better.

It should probably have some kind of consolidation. DLP is big now. Instead of installing DLP, Endpoint Antivirus, and the EDR components separately, there probably should be a consolidation of different products into one agent itself. It should maybe have more of bundling of everything.

I have been using McAfee products for the last 20 years or so. We have been using it in our company for about four years. We are also a McAfee partner.

On the Windows platform, it is good, but on my Mac, I've been experiencing some issues. I think they are linked to McAfee, but I'm still investigating.

It is basically an endpoint, but with regards to MVISION, it is very scalable. We run everything remotely from the cloud, so it is fine.

It is straightforward. We've got a lot of experience in McAfee.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product. It is a good product if you get all the rules right and you get the deployment right. I would advise people to make sure that they have all the rules and all the settings right before they evaluate the product because if you don't do that, the product would fail. So, you got to get everything right. You got to get everything installed and configured properly to get the best out of it.

I would rate McAfee Endpoint Security an eight out of 10 at the moment. McAfee is good. I always liked McAfee for the endpoint. They are always improving on their stuff.

SB
Network Administrator at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Manageable from anywhere, updates frequently, and simple installation

• "I have found the most valuable features to be the ability to manage the solution from anywhere and having an overview of the companies security."
  • "There are more secure featured solutions from McAfee on the market but for smaller companies like ours, they are too expensive."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to protect our endpoint systems.

What is most valuable?

I have found the most valuable features to be the ability to manage the solution from anywhere and having an overview of the companies security. I can see which computers are patched, which computers are updated, and which ones might have possible infections or problems. Additionally, The solution is always up to date because there are updates frequently. Recently, MVISION was added and it is a new feature that has some advanced security qualities.

I have been using the solution for approximately two years.

The solution is stable.

I have found the solution to be scalable. We have approximately 60 users using this solution in our organization.

We used Symantec a long time ago.

The installation is very easy.

We did the implementation of the solution ourselves. We have a team of two that does the deployment and implementation.

There is a one-year and a three-year license available for this solution, we are currently on a three-year license. There are more secure featured solutions from McAfee on the market but for smaller companies like ours, they are too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

Since we are a public utility company there are some laws here when it comes to purchasing, we have procurement procedures. We have to do tendering and then companies apply. I am very happy with the solution. If I could extend the license, for example, for three more years, I will do it immediately. We are in the process now.

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate McAfee Endpoint Security ten out of ten.

KA
Director Of Information Technology at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable, with good endpoint security but needs to offer local support

• "The solution offers very good endpoint security."
  • "The solution needs to offer better local technical support."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for endpoint security.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers very good endpoint security.

The solution is quite stable.

We've found the pricing to be pretty good. It's not too expensive.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to offer better local technical support.

I would like to see Endpoint Vulnerability Assessment included in the solution in the future.

We've been using the solution for about ten or so years now. It's been a while. It's likely been around a decade.

The stability of the solution is very reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. The performance is great.

We don't have very good local technical support. The company really needs to build out its ability to support clients at a local level. We're not overly satisfied with the level of help we receive due t the lack of local support.

I wasn't responsible for the initial setup. I can't really speak to how easy or difficult the solution is to set up or how long the deployment takes.

The pricing is pretty reasonable. It's not too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer and end-user. We aren't affiliated with McAfee and do not have a business relationship with them.

I wouldn't recommend this solution to other companies, at least not in Indonesia. There's no local support of the product here and it affects our ability to leverage it properly.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

Download our free McAfee Endpoint Security Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.