KA
Director Of Information Technology at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable, with good endpoint security but needs to offer local support

• "The solution offers very good endpoint security."
  • "The solution needs to offer better local technical support."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for endpoint security.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers very good endpoint security.

The solution is quite stable.

We've found the pricing to be pretty good. It's not too expensive.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to offer better local technical support.

I would like to see Endpoint Vulnerability Assessment included in the solution in the future.

We've been using the solution for about ten or so years now. It's been a while. It's likely been around a decade.

The stability of the solution is very reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. The performance is great.

We don't have very good local technical support. The company really needs to build out its ability to support clients at a local level. We're not overly satisfied with the level of help we receive due t the lack of local support.

I wasn't responsible for the initial setup. I can't really speak to how easy or difficult the solution is to set up or how long the deployment takes.

The pricing is pretty reasonable. It's not too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer and end-user. We aren't affiliated with McAfee and do not have a business relationship with them.

I wouldn't recommend this solution to other companies, at least not in Indonesia. There's no local support of the product here and it affects our ability to leverage it properly.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

SM
Team Leader Network and Mail Team at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use and very powerful

• "It's easy to use and it's very powerful. It offers nice endpoint protection."
  • "It would be helpful if the controlling of connections coming to the PC could be done from McAfee's side so that we can block those connections."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for endpoint protection, to block malware and viruses.

What is most valuable?

We like the web control and firewall.

What needs improvement?

I have been using McAfee for twenty years.

It's very stable.

Scalability also works nicely. It's easier to scale it out on thousands of machines.

We only require two staff members for maintenance. There around 16,000 users.

They have two different kinds of support. One is enterprise support and one is normal support. They charge more for enterprise support and when we raise tickets we get a good response but with the normal support, their response is not quick. They don't give much preference to normal support. It can take three, four days, or even a week to get a reply from them.

Being in the IT industry, we have come across different products, McAfee and Defender plus Symantec, and Trend Micro. For my needs, I like McAfee the most. Symantec might be equivalent but I like McAfee the most.

What other advice do I have?

There are good web, application, and firewall control features. It would be helpful if the controlling of connections coming to the PC could be done from McAfee's side so that we can block those connections.

It's a good product. I would recommend it.

I would rate it a nine out of ten. It's easy to use and it's very powerful. It offers nice endpoint protection.

Learn what your peers think about McAfee Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
KK
System Security Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
All of the programs can be administered from one console

• "The thing that I like is that they have gathered almost all the products in one management server, the ePolicy Orchestrator."
  • "It can be quite complicated to learn McAfee Endpoint Security and to feel comfortable with the environment."

What is most valuable?

The thing that I like is that they have gathered almost all of the products in one management server, the ePolicy Orchestrator. Although, it is quite complicated to learn it and to feel comfortable with the environment, you have the flexibility to administer all of the programs from one console.

Regarding the DLP product, there are many flavors.

Also, I haven't seen any data leakage through the endpoint.

McAfee offers an integrated solution, and it covers almost all the possibilities of data loss.

What needs improvement?

If we go to, for example, scanning data from text to just pictures, then the loader goes really high. It might sometimes become impossible to cover all these fixes because the data that are gathered and are processed are very big, and the resources can run out.

It can be quite complicated to learn McAfee Endpoint Security and to feel comfortable with the environment.

The technical support can be improved.

I've been working with this solution for five years.

I would rate McAfee's technical support at seven on a scale from one to ten. There were some issues that we experienced.

What other advice do I have?

Even though it took me one or two years to get comfortable with it, I would rate McAfee Endpoint Security at nine on a scale from one to ten. All-in-all, our customers seem to be okay with some of the restrictions and the relevant risk with McAfee Endpoint Security.

AndyChan3
General manager at MOL-IT India Pvt. Ltd.
Easy to use, the dashboard is good, and it offers better coverage than similar products

• "The most valuable feature is ease of use."
  • "I would like to see more integration with third-party products."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for endpoint protection, CASB, and it is integrated with Office 365.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is ease of use.

The dashboard is quite good.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more integration with third-party products.

Pricing is always something that can be improved.

In the future, this product should make use of artificial intelligence and machine learning technology.

We have been using McAfee Endpoint Security for more than 10 years.

The stability is good and we haven't had any issues.

Scalability-wise, McAfee is a good product.

The technical support from McAfee is about average.

We use Symantec as well as McAfee for endpoint protection.

We have found that McAfee has better coverage when compared to Symantec.

The price of McAfee is pretty similar to Symantec, and there are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product and they have most aspects covered. That said, it needs better integration with third-party products. Even the integration with other McAfee products can be improved further.

Hybrid Cloud
SA
I-Security Engineer at NHQ Distributions Ltd
A reliable solution with excellent tech support and provides good firewall features

• "Tech support is responsive. They're good, the very best."
  • "The software download features could stand improvement."

What is our primary use case?

I use certain features of the solution, although I am not using the latest version, even though my colleagues do so a lot. They also use MVISION, although I do not.

We make use of Endpoint host level data loss prevention.

What is most valuable?

The solution has some good firewall features, as well as those involving control and threat protection of the host.

What needs improvement?

The software download features could stand improvement. This sometimes must be undertaken manually.

The job hosting features should also be improved.

I have been using McAfee Endpoint Security for three to four years.

The solution is reliable.

I did not do much integration when it came to the installation of McAfee, although I did integrate with Forcepoint.

Tech support is responsive. They're good, the very best.

The initial setup is fine.

People, naturally, go for a yearly license.

I am happy with the pricing.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is primarily on-premises.

Usage in our organization is vast. We have so many customers using the solution.

The solution is good and we always recommend. It is perfect.

I rate McAfee Endpoint Security as a nine out of ten.

John Matos
Senior Associate at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
A comprehensive solution that comes with a lot of protection features and does its job

• "The package of protection that it provides is useful. It has antivirus, malware protection, VPN, and a whole bunch of other features."
  • "They can make it free, but that's not going to happen."

What is most valuable?

The package of protection that it provides is useful. It has antivirus, malware protection, VPN, and a whole bunch of other features.

It is just there in the background and does its job. Every once in a while, it reminds me that it is doing its job.

What needs improvement?

They can make it free, but that's not going to happen.

I have been using this solution for about a year. It seems to be the current version.

So far I have no issues. It is very stable, and does not tale a lot of CPU or memory resources, which was a problem in older products.

I am using it on a personal computer, so scalability is not an issue.

I have not used their support.

Its setup is very easy and straightforward.

Its price is reasonable. Setup was easy.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to get the most comprehensive protection that they can. For me, it meant McAfee, but there are other good solutions around.

I would rate McAfee Endpoint Security an eight out of 10.

SH
IT Lead Engineer, Information Technology at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Provides good dashboard control, so we can centrally monitor the entire status of our organization

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution as a server and workstation.

What is most valuable?

The solution provides dashboard control, so we can centrally monitor the entire status of our organization. This is very good.

What needs improvement?

While we are pleased with the endpoint solution, there should also be a separate one for the firewall.

We have been using McAfee Endpoint Security for at least five years.

The solution is stable. As evidence, we have been using it for upwards of five years.

The scalability is good.

We receive local technical support…

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution as a server and workstation.

What needs improvement?

We have been using McAfee Endpoint Security for at least five years.

The scalability is good.

We receive local technical support and this is networked, which allows them to to open a ticket for us.

The initial setup is easy.

I cannot comment on the price, since we have a separate team that handles this issue.

What other advice do I have?

There are 2500 users in our organization who utilize the solution.

I would recommend the solution to others.

I rate McAfee Endpoint Security as an eight out of ten.

AA
Relationship Manager at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Integrates well and is easy to use, but it needs to be more secure

What is our primary use case?

We are using  McAfee Endpoint Security to protect the business.

What is most valuable?

McAfee Endpoint Security is easy to use, and it integrates well. The performance is good.

What needs improvement?

The security of this solution needs improvement.

I have been using McAfee for a couple of years. I believe that we are using the latest version.

McAfee Endpoint Security is a stable solution. We don't have any issues with the stability of this product.

I don't have the exact count, but we have thousands of users in our organization who use  McAfee Endpoint Security.

How are customer service

What is our primary use case?

We are using  McAfee Endpoint Security to protect the business.

What is most valuable?

McAfee Endpoint Security is easy to use, and it integrates well.

The performance is good.

What needs improvement?

The security of this solution needs improvement.

I have been using McAfee for a couple of years.

I believe that we are using the latest version.

I have not contacted technical support.

I was not involved in the installation of McAfee Endpoint Security.

Licensing is paid yearly.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate McAfee Endpoint Security a seven out of ten.

Download our free McAfee Endpoint Security Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.