McAfee MOVE AntiVirus Overview

McAfee MOVE AntiVirus is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Anti-Malware Tools. It is most often compared to Trend Micro Deep Security: McAfee MOVE AntiVirus vs Trend Micro Deep Security

What is McAfee MOVE AntiVirus?

McAfee Management for Optimized Virtual Environments AntiVirus (McAfee MOVE AntiVirus) optimizes anti-malware protection for virtualized deployments, freeing hypervisor resources while ensuring up-to-date security scans are run according to policy.

McAfee MOVE AntiVirus is also known as McAfee MOVE, McAfee Management for Optimized Virtual Environments AntiVirus, McAfee Management for Optimized Virtual Environments.

McAfee MOVE AntiVirus Buyer's Guide

Download the McAfee MOVE AntiVirus Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

McAfee MOVE AntiVirus Customers

Kleberg Bank, Sicredi, Seagate, Loop Technology, Vidant Health, Xcel Energy, Cook County, Berkshire Health Systems, Mauser, China Pacific Insurance, Cologne-Bonn Airport, Bank Central Asia, Boston Medical Center, Boston Scientific

McAfee MOVE AntiVirus Video

AA
CISO at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Detects and deletes known malware and the DLP

What is our primary use case?

We use McAfee MOVE AntiVirus for a number of things - the normal endpoint firewall, DLP, solidcore, and more. We have a solution that is at the server. Then we have super agents at the branches, because we are a bank. We use McAfee Data Exchange Layer. We use also use McAfee Endpoint Security. We have all the models that come under McAfee Endpoint Security.

• "The features that I have found most valuable are its ability to detect and delete known malware and the DLP in particular."
  • "They could improve the monitoring and classification of the data features."

What other advice do I have?

McAfee is known to be one of the best anti-malware products out there. We are aware of what's happening in the industry. The only advice I would give is to ensure there's a proper business arrangement in terms of the support. If there is no support from the vendor deploying the solution, then they must enforce training and knowledge transfer during the project implementation period so that there can be in-house support. Otherwise, they should have a kind of agreement that can confirm that the vendors can support them after deploying the solution. On a scale of one to ten, I would rate McAfee…
SA
Information Technology Infrastructure Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Stable, easy to work with, and offers good performance

• "Overall, the policies are good. They are easy to implement."
  • "I found that the interface is a little bit confusing. It's over-stuffed. If a new IT person comes in, it is difficult to understand how the McAfee console works."

What other advice do I have?

We are customers and end-users. I cannot recall the exact version number of our current solution. We are doing R&D right now. I'm new to this organization and I have to manage it all. I find that right now, with McAfee, we're trying to figure out what to do with it. It's up for renewal. We're working to decide if it should stay or if we should switch to something new. The console is not user-friendly and that's a bit of a turn-off. It's making us reconsider the product. That said, I'd recommend the solution to other organizations. It's good. It's just that, if I appointed a new trainee and I…
Learn what your peers think about McAfee MOVE AntiVirus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Venkateswarlu Paturu
Service Delivery Manager / Architect at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Protects the systems from malware, but might have an issue related to updates

What is our primary use case?

We run it across the organization for protecting the individual work locations and workstations. It could be a laptop, desktop, or server. A client version of McAfee End Point Security is installed on each and every desktop or laptop. It completely monitors all the traffic and downloads. It also scans the files that are configured to be scanned. For example, any audio files, MOV files, or large files that we download. All such files will go through the McAfee MOVE AntiVirus to ensure that the virus is not getting into our network and systems.

• "The good part of this solution is that it protects the systems from malware etc. It also has a good user interface."
  • "Sometimes, the updates don't happen successfully. The updates start, but they are not completed. Let's say there is a process that runs on the server-side every night, and it pushes the updates. Sometimes, these updates fail. I'm not sure whether it is a McAfee's problem or an internal problem with our systems. If this is really an issue with McAfee MOVE AntiVirus, McAfee can work on it and improve it in the next release. If it is an internal issue, I need to figure out why it is happening within the organization. We may need to take some technical support from McAfee to see what the problem is and then we need to get it fixed. At this point in time, all I know is that it happens sometimes."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend McAfee MOVE AntiVirus to others. As of now, I don't see any problem. I haven't got a complete hold of what is happening over here. Maybe the updates are finding that we don't have any virus in the system. So, it's definitely satisfactory. I would rate McAfee MOVE AntiVirus a seven out of ten.
PA
Equity research analyst at a consultancy with self employed
Secure, scalable, and stable

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution in order to protect my personal information. Every once in a while, I get a message saying that the solution has completed a scan and no threats have been found. I'm not sure if it's my Microsoft antivirus or if it is McAfee, however, sometimes when I try to access a website, there's a message that says it's not safe to view the website and attackers might be trying to view the data. I'm not sure which one is doing it. McAfee or Microsoft, however, I do get these messages sometimes.

• "It's my understanding that the initial setup isn't too difficult."
  • "The solution could be more secure."

What other advice do I have?

I am still using the solution. I get messages saying I have to reactivate it, however, I have not done that. I'm not sure which version of the solution I'm using. Currently, I just use it myself, for personal protection. I'm an end-user and customer. I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten at this time. It's been very good in terms of its capabilities so far. I would recommend it to other users and companies.
MA
Presales Engineer at a wholesaler/distributor with 10,001+ employees
Reseller
Synchronizes security across the security fabric and has the ability to integrate with other vendors

What is our primary use case?

I have been using this solution for six months. We use the private on-prem deployment model. Our primary use case is for clients who have big environments. For VDIs it's a nightmare to install security software to all of the VMs. It's a bottleneck for resource consumption and highers the data consumption costs. For example, let's say we have 1,000 VMs and we want to scan all of them with an agent-based solution, it eats up a lot of resources. A company offers agentless solutions, they prepare a VM and they scan the VMs without installing an agent. That VM will take care of the scan. McAfee… more »

• "McAfee synchronizes security across the security fabric."
  • "They could try to introduce advanced threat detection."

What other advice do I have?

Take a look at the other McAfee products. It integrates with other products and vendors which is unique to other vendors. No vendor is perfect in security and no vendor can provide a solution to all security problems. Having this ability is revolutionary. It enables you to combine the best of each vendor. McAfee is the way to go for threat intelligence. I would rate McAfee MOVE an eight out of ten.
AY
IT Support Engineer at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Reseller
Provides a flexible and user-friendly console

What is our primary use case?

I use McAfee antivirus, DLP, drive encryption. I use it for its anti-malware features.

• "McAfee provides a console which is very flexible, usable and user-friendly."
  • "McAfee drive encryption does not work very smoothly."

What other advice do I have?

The solution is both cloud-based and on-premises. McAfee is the way to go for someone who only is interested in using DLP and antivirus. It will also allow a person to use the device controller. Sophos makes available the use of full DLP. However, one must use Symantec for drive encryption, which is very good. I rate McAfee MOVE AntiVirus as an eight out of ten.
VG
Regional Head Customer Experience at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Stable with good web filtering and quite secure

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the product for protecting our personal information and our business as well as internet protection. We put up some filters, and, based on that, it filters out the flagged information.

• "The performance is great. The solution doesn't cause any issues while browsing or using any files or anything. It's very strong."
  • "It would be ideal if the product could offer more integration."

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure which version of the solution we are using, however, everyone has it installed on their laptops. My understanding is that it is up-to-date. I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten overall. We've been quite pleased with its capabilities over the years. We feel very safe.
MT
Data Protection Specialist at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
An advanced security solution that can be fully automated

What is our primary use case?

We use it to protect our PCs and our servers. We have DLP endpoints, and we have drive encryption and endpoint security. We also use it for endpoint security on our laptops, and they do have these running on the servers.

• "I like that it's all automated"
  • "The process of enabling drive encryption can be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product to potential users if it's a corporate office. It's a great tool for a corporate environment. On a scale from one to ten, I would give McAfee MOVE AntiVirus an eight.
See 18 more McAfee MOVE AntiVirus Reviews