McAfee MVISION Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

McAfee MVISION Cloud is the #6 ranked solution in our list of CASB solutions. It is most often compared to Netskope CASB: McAfee MVISION Cloud vs Netskope CASB

What is McAfee MVISION Cloud?

Skyhigh is the leading cloud access security broker (CASB) trusted by over 500 enterprises to securely enable over 16,000 cloud services, including shadow IT and sanctioned IT.

With Skyhigh, organizations leverage a single cross-cloud platform to gain visibility into cloud usage and risks, meet compliance requirements, enforce security policies, and detect and respond to potential threats.

McAfee MVISION Cloud is also known as Skyhigh, MVision, MVISION Cloud, McAfee Skyhigh Security Cloud, Skyhigh Security Cloud.

Download the Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

McAfee MVISION Cloud Customers

Prudential.

McAfee MVISION Cloud Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about McAfee MVISION Cloud pricing:
  • "This is an expensive product, although it is made for larger enterprises and not for small organizations."
  • "This is an expensive product, but you have to compare that with other solutions that are on the market."
  • "The price of the solution is good and we pay an annual license."

McAfee MVISION Cloud Reviews

MA
Technical Presales Consultant/ Engineer at a wholesaler/distributor with 10,001+ employees
Excellent integration capabilities, good alerts, and very stable

What is our primary use case?

The solution is basically it's a cloud access security broker. It's basically the leading cloud access security broker in the market. If you are talking about getting controlling access to AWS, Azure or Google cloud, or most of the major cloud providers, they can integrate that to help protect an organization from data loss, breaches, or from unauthorized access in general.

• "In terms of their compatibility with major cloud providers, in terms of their abilities, capabilities, and features, they exceed everyone's capabilities in the CASB market."
  • "One thing that can be improved is their ability to integrate with other web proxies to discover unsanctioned IP apps."

What other advice do I have?

I don't have much experience with McAfee MVISION Cloud, however, I do have a good understanding of it. I also managed to pitch it and demo it to one customer and sold it a couple of times. It's originally not a McAfee product. It belonged to a company called Skyhigh before, which was acquired by McAfee. I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. I don't believe in perfect solutions, however, this is quite good. I haven't ever seen anything quite like it. I'd recommend it to other users. If a company is having workloads on the cloud, whether it be on Office 365 or AWS or Azure or Google cloud…
Milos Tolpa
IT Engineer at FormatPC
Reseller
Scalable, flexible, and easy to use

What is our primary use case?

If you don't need an on-premises console for central management, this solution works very well. That's its main benefit. It's useful for companies that have a workforce that is dispersed as opposed to in a central location.

• "Overall, the performance is good."
  • "McAfee needs to add more products that could be managed from the cloud."

What other advice do I have?

We are resellers. We have clients using the product. I'd recommend the solution to others. I would rate it at a nine out of ten overall.
Find out what your peers are saying about McAfee, Netskope, Microsoft and others in Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB). Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.
HQ
Senior IT Consultant at Yusen Logistics
Stable, easy to set up, and has the capability to scale as necessary

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for security purposes. We specifically use it for endpoint protection.

• "The product has a very high rating from reviewers. It's a well-respected product."
  • "There isn't really any aspect that is lacking."

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and an end-user. We do not have a business relationship with McAfee. We really like the company, however, and have used them for a long time. We've used them on-premises and recently moved to the cloud. Next year, we are preparing to use a new feature of McAfee - an EDR feature. Overall, we have been extremely satisfied with this solution. I'd give it five stars. On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate the solution at a ten.
HK
Lead - Information Security at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Good support, with many options for deployment model and scalability

What is our primary use case?

My experience with this product is from an evaluation standpoint. Since everybody is adopting cloud technologies such as SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS, they want to ensure that their data is secure. This product can be used to help people access our cloud applications securely, control users, and manage data movement over the cloud with respect to our data classification policies. We have conducted a PoC but have not used it in our production environment.

• "The other products that I have evaluated do not have the scalability options that McAfee has."
  • "It needs to be more user-friendly, as it is a little bit complicated to use."

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I recommend. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
SK
Security Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
User-friendly with good performance and helpful technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for security purposes. McAfee in general is very good for that.

• "It's an easy-to-use product."
  • "The pricing of the solution could be adjusted to make it more reasonable."

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten overall. We are pretty happy with its capabilities and have no complaints. I'd recommend the solution to other users and companies.
JM
Data Centric Security Expert, Strategic DCAP Business Enabler at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Good support, and the strategy works well to protect our data

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for enterprise cloud security. My role is in strategy and security.

• "The support is excellent."

What other advice do I have?

Personally, I have always found that McAfee has good products. This is a product that I recommend. My advice is to compare this product against other solutions to ensure that you receive the features that you want. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
    Amadou Gatta Ba
    IT Project Manager Individual Contributor at infolog
    Reliable, good pricing, but complicated installation

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for endpoint security.

• "I found the solution to be stable."
    • "The solution is hard to configure, our team does not have specific training requirements for McAfee making it difficult."

What other advice do I have?

I will recommend the solution to other users. However, I would suggest having a deployment team assisting with the installation. I rate McAfee MVISION Cloud a seven out of ten.