McAfee Vulnerability Manager for Databases OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

McAfee Vulnerability Manager for Databases is #5 ranked solution in top Database Security tools. IT Central Station users give McAfee Vulnerability Manager for Databases an average rating of 8 out of 10. McAfee Vulnerability Manager for Databases is most commonly compared to IBM Guardium Data Protection: McAfee Vulnerability Manager for Databases vs IBM Guardium Data Protection. The top industry researching this solution is Comms Service Provider, accounting for 28% of all views.
What is McAfee Vulnerability Manager for Databases?

McAfee Vulnerability Manager for Databases automatically discovers databases on your network, determines if the latest patches have been applied, and tests for common weaknesses.

Download the Database Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

McAfee Vulnerability Manager for Databases Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about McAfee Vulnerability Manager for Databases pricing:
  • "It's not expensive compared to other products that are available."

McAfee Vulnerability Manager for Databases Reviews

DD
Security Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Very good support, easy to set up, and mostly stable

• "The support is very good. They are very quick to respond when we have issues."
  • "The UI needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution to scan the Windows or Linux Server to find out if there's a weakness of the operating the system and to validate the system. It's for monitoring and scanning mostly.

What is most valuable?

The support is very good. They are very quick to respond when we have issues.

What needs improvement?

The solution isn't easy to use. It can take days or even weeks to wrap your arms around the product and to get comfortable with it.

The performance of the solution is lacking on a lot of levels. It seems to slow down the machine. The endpoint security is terrible. When I test the scanner, it will slow down my PC a lot. A lot of bandwidth is consumed for some reason.

The UI needs to be improved.

I haven't had a lot of time to explore the solution, so there may be some things I am missing.

I've been using the solution for ten months. It's almost been a year now.

The solution is very stable. That said, the performance is weak. Sometimes it crashes the computer. I don't know why.

We use the solution every day.

However, we're a startup and we haven't really tried scaling the solution, so I don't know how well or how easily it expands. We don't have the bandwidth to test it internally right now.

For the most part, technical support has been great. When we've had technical problems, they've helped us.

I've found that sometimes when I want to make a vulnerability scan on the server and the network, the scan stops suddenly for some reason. However, support is there to assist. We often get support from the vendor. When we, as a small business, need assistance, they've been there to assist as well.

I used to use Trend Micro many years ago.

The initial setup is easy. It's not complex.

It takes two or three days to set everything up. Some servers we need to submit forms to, however, it doesn't take too long. It's just the installations of the agents that take some time.

Occasionally, it does take a while to process everything.

We have four people on our team that handle deployment and maintenance.

We deployed the solution ourselves. We did it without a consultant and without an integrator.

What other advice do I have?

We're only a small startup. We don't have a business relationship with McAfee.

We use many off-the-shelf solutions as a start-up, and that includes McAfee. What we like about McAfee is that it works on MySQL, which is an open-source solution we use. It can help us scan for vulnerabilities.

Overall, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

RK
Sr. Product Management Specialist at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Reseller
Reasonably-priced with knowledgeable technical support, but they could be more responsive

What is our primary use case?

We are a managed service provider and the McAfee Vulnerability Manager for Databases is one of the products that we refer to our customers.

What is most valuable?

The technical support is good; they are knowledgeable.

What needs improvement?

Technical support could be more responsive.

We have been using the Vulnerability Manager for between three and four years.

We have approximately1,000 users in our organization.

The technical support is good, but it could be better.

It's not expensive compared to other products that are available. …

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The technical support is good; they are knowledgeable.

What needs improvement?

Technical support could be more responsive.

We have been using the Vulnerability Manager for between three and four years.

We have approximately1,000 users in our organization.

The technical support is good, but it could be better.

It's not expensive compared to other products that are available.

What other advice do I have?

We are decommissioning McAfee over the next three years and will be switching to Imperva.

This is a product that I can recommend to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate McAfee Vulnerability Manager for Databases a seven out of ten.

Product Categories
Database Security
Download our free Database Security Report and find out what your peers are saying about McAfee, IBM, Imperva, and more!