Meraki Dashboard Overview

Meraki Dashboard is the #10 ranked solution in our list of best Network Monitoring Tools. It is most often compared to SolarWinds NPM: Meraki Dashboard vs SolarWinds NPM

What is Meraki Dashboard?

The dashboard that hosts all of the information around the Meraki product data.

Meraki Dashboard Buyer's Guide

Download the Meraki Dashboard Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

Meraki Dashboard Customers

Coop eG, Peet's Coffee & Tea, Priefert Manufacturing, Century Care Management, Clifton College, Zürs Ski Resort, Capital FM Arena, MAXI Autohöfe

Meraki Dashboard Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Meraki Dashboard pricing:
  • "The pricing for a small setup is only a few hundred dollars a year. The fee is subscription-based."
  • "It is said to be expensive."
  • "From a pricing perspective, they are still expensive."
  • "The licensing fees are $180 USD, per AP, for three years."

Meraki Dashboard Reviews

IanMacfarlane
Technical Account Manager at OnServe
Aug 16, 2020
Centralized dashboard management for all devices on your network that is easy-to-use

What is our primary use case?

The primary use is to have centralized control over all the Meraki devices and services on your network. Primarily I use it for security configuration and reporting.

• "The ease-of-use and the analytics are really effective tools."
  • "The product is missing a VPN and it is a major issue when it comes to deployment."

What other advice do I have?

For small businesses, I would recommend Meraki over pretty much anything else on the market. On a scale from one to ten where one is worst and ten is the best, I would rate Meraki Dashboard as an eight-out-of-ten.
Solutionf170
Solutions Consultant at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
Jul 18, 2019
Has an integrated firewall and an integrated wireless LAN controller in the dashboard

What is our primary use case?

Cisco Meraki offers unified management of devices on a network from a centralized dashboard.

• "An excellent dashboard that is currently unique in covering both SD-WAN and SD-LAN with built-in security."
  • "It is not appropriate for large, enterprise businesses."

What other advice do I have?

If a customer who is considering the use of this product is not a very large business and only has few branches, Meraki is a very good solution. For large businesses, it is not a fitting product. Overall, I rate the product as an eight out of ten. It's a very good solution. The rating is not higher than that because I think eight is the best it can attain at this point. If they make enhancements to make it work more smoothly and add additional useful features, I would rate it higher. I'm leaving the other two points for any future improvements. The price should be improved — lowered — as well…
Learn what your peers think about Meraki Dashboard. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,108 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Meraki677
Product Specialist at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jun 24, 2019
Single pane of glass enables you to configure a monitor view, all from one dashboard

What is our primary use case?

The primary use is with the Managed Service Provider Dashboard. I work for an ISP, and we provide Meraki solutions to our customers.

• "The feature I find most valuable is the single pane of glass where you can configure a monitor view, all from one dashboard. For example, on the wireless side, you can configure it under the configuration panel, and then view statistics like location analytics, user analytics, etc."
  • "Not a lot of training is available."

What other advice do I have?

Regarding this solution, there are a few additional comments: from my side, because I'm a managed service provider, and we sell and manage services to our customer, I feel what's lacking right now is the technical training to up skill and manage the service provider. In South Africa, a lot of training is not available. In terms of technical training, there's none of that, apart from the CMNO training. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Dipmalya Dasgupta
Solution Architect- Network Infrastructure at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Oct 6, 2020
A comprehensive dashboard that is simple and easy to navigate

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the dashboard functionalities.

• "The dashboard itself is very simplified and easy to navigate."
  • "If I am a user and I have a seat on the fourth floor, if I move across the building, the system should be able to track me and should be able to figure out my whereabouts or my position within the building if I'm connected to the wireless. That would make the administrator's life easier in terms of reachability."

What other advice do I have?

We are Cisco partners. We deal with a variety of Cisco products in their rather large portfolio. We tend to observe whatever is required for the client's environment and we do ensure we take care of all those requirements. Our approach is all client-driven. Based on that, we tend to work with different versions. Most of the customers want to go with the latest version. I would definitely recommend the solution. From what I have seen in the last couple of years there's a trend towards the cloud market in India (apart from a few governments). In India, we have a government regulation that if you…
Tech3677
Apprentice Technical Project Manager at a retailer with 201-500 employees
Reseller
Jul 3, 2019
It's a solution that can be used by anyone and has good support

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is managing the LAN, the Local Area Network, in our shops. We have a total of 40 shops in France, so I'm using Meraki for managing my LAN, my access point, my switches my VLAN, my SSIDs, etc.

• "You don't have to be a network engineer to use it."
  • "The MDM, however, is bad. We're using another MDM now because Meraki was so bad."

What other advice do I have?

We use the solution every day, every hour. We usually check the dashboard once a day. Be aware that it's really easy to use, so you can easily make the wrong changes for example, but can get help easily from good people. Meraki is very accessible. It's a solution that can be used by anyone - by administrators, by end-users, by a lot of people. You have to be aware that it is pretty easy to be used, but you have to use it well. Use it well and it will be fine. The MDM, however, is bad. We're using another MDM now because Meraki was so bad. I would rate the solution 9 out of 10.
NetworkTf472
Network Technician at a government with 10,001+ employees
Jul 17, 2019
Helps us to easily update and manage multiple devices, and simplifies creating our VPN tunnel

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to create VPN tunnels between remote sites and our core.

• "The most valuable feature is the single pane of glass that gives you multisite visibility."
  • "The one issue that we have had is that the VPN tunnel would go down unless you worked out with the ISP that you would be using a static IP address on the WAN interface."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to attend the Meraki classes and obtain your CMNO certification. You have to be familiar with the dashboard, the visibility, and the different products that you will be working on. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
NetworkA48fa
Network Administrator at a healthcare company with 201-500 employees
Jul 17, 2019
A centralized solution for our AP network, managed using a single pane of glass

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to provide Wi-Fi access within the organization.

• "It can analyze the traffic that it is picking up from what may be a rogue access point, and it is able to identify those and send relevant notifications."
  • "It would be helpful to have the ability to create a floor plan based on an existing PDF or JPEG, which is automatically converted into a usable network map."

What other advice do I have?

This product saves me time and I am very happy using it. It is a great product, but nothing is perfect. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Jason Polce
Practice Director Network Infrastructure at Maureen Data
Sep 22, 2019
Significantly reduced the time to deploy devices and has made remote troubleshooting a lot easier

What is our primary use case?

I am the Practice Director for Network Infrastructure and I primarily use this solution for edge security and WAN routing.

• "We've been spending a lot less time on tickets and deployments, so we have more time to do other things."
  • "Something that needs to be improved, is the fact that you if you don't renew the subscription license, it stops working. I would also like to see SSL BPM support for anything else."

What other advice do I have?

My rating for this solution is 9 out of 10 because we've had success with it, very few complaints, and it works great. I think a lot of people think Meraki is more geared towards small businesses, but I would say since Cisco's acquired them, they've come a long way. It is definitely a great solution so I would suggest that others try it out. In the next version, I would love to see remote access VPN and getting the functionality so that the ASA product line can connect.
See 9 more Meraki Dashboard Reviews
Product Categories
Network Monitoring Software
Download our free Meraki Dashboard Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.