Meraki Dashboard OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Meraki Dashboard is the #17 ranked solution in our list of best Network Monitoring Tools. It is most often compared to ThousandEyes: Meraki Dashboard vs ThousandEyes

What is Meraki Dashboard?

The dashboard that hosts all of the information around the Meraki product data.

Meraki Dashboard Buyer's Guide

Download the Meraki Dashboard Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Meraki Dashboard Customers

Coop eG, Peet's Coffee & Tea, Priefert Manufacturing, Century Care Management, Clifton College, Zürs Ski Resort, Capital FM Arena, MAXI Autohöfe

Meraki Dashboard Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Meraki Dashboard pricing:
  • "The pricing for a small setup is only a few hundred dollars a year. The fee is subscription-based."
  • "Typically, the license model is for one, three, and five years. They can just be a bit more flexible around it and look into providing an option for 24 months."

IanMacfarlane
ITSM SME at Valencia Advisors IIP
Centralized dashboard management for all devices on your network that is easy-to-use

What is our primary use case?

The primary use is to have centralized control over all the Meraki devices and services on your network. Primarily I use it for security configuration and reporting.

• "The ease-of-use and the analytics are really effective tools."
  • "The product is missing a VPN and it is a major issue when it comes to deployment."

What other advice do I have?

For small businesses, I would recommend Meraki over pretty much anything else on the market. On a scale from one to ten where one is worst and ten is the best, I would rate Meraki Dashboard as an eight-out-of-ten.
Phil Taul
Sr Solutions Architect at Tektel
Incredibly easy to use, great troubleshooting and prevention of malicious events

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of Meraki Dashboard is to manage networks, whether our own or those of our customers. We also manage the firewalls through the portal as well as switches, wireless access points or whatever devices there are. Meraki controls the devices, configures them and also troubleshoots. I'm a senior solution architect and we're a Cisco partner, specifically for the Meraki brand.

• "Everything is in a single pane and you can look at your network in one centralized place."
  • "Meraki lacks their own software for connecting to the VPN which creates some issues."

What other advice do I have?

It's important to find a good partner to work with and to plan what you actually plan to do, and understand what you're buying. There are so many different options with Meraki and you can end up spending more money than you actually need to. We've been educating our customer base about why they should spend more money on their networks and migrating them to Meraki because it's a very good solution. The solution saves me a lot of time and there aren't many negatives so I rate it nine out of 10.
Learn what your peers think about Meraki Dashboard. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,768 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Dipmalya Dasgupta
Solution Architect- Network Infrastructure at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
A comprehensive dashboard that is simple and easy to navigate

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the dashboard functionalities.

• "The dashboard itself is very simplified and easy to navigate."
  • "If I am a user and I have a seat on the fourth floor, if I move across the building, the system should be able to track me and should be able to figure out my whereabouts or my position within the building if I'm connected to the wireless. That would make the administrator's life easier in terms of reachability."

What other advice do I have?

We are Cisco partners. We deal with a variety of Cisco products in their rather large portfolio. We tend to observe whatever is required for the client's environment and we do ensure we take care of all those requirements. Our approach is all client-driven. Based on that, we tend to work with different versions. Most of the customers want to go with the latest version. I would definitely recommend the solution. From what I have seen in the last couple of years there's a trend towards the cloud market in India (apart from a few governments). In India, we have a government regulation that if you…
REZA JOSEPH
Solutions Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Reseller
A secure solution with simple navigation and layer 7 visibility

• "The most valuable feature is its simplicity in navigating through the dashboard. It's well set out, and the layout is nice and user friendly. A lot of clients enjoy seeing layer 7 visibility. They get a good indication and insight into what is happening in their network and what applications are being used the most. They can then customize and give preference to business-critical applications."
  • "They can improve the landing page in Meraki Dashboard. When I go into an organization, they can include a lot more infographics. They can also simplify it a bit and consolidate it. For example, if I've got five branches and I go into customer A's profile or organization, I'd like to see an infographic on the landing page providing a snippet of the entire network layout, that is, all branches in one snapshot. From there, I would like to go into the network that I want to work on or view."

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for a secure and simple solution, I would highly recommend it. I would rate Meraki Dashboard an eight out of ten.
Alexander Rauch
Delivery Manager Network Services at a consumer goods company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Great visibility on the dashboard which enables us to easily extract additional information

What is our primary use case?

Meraki is a networking device which is cloud managed. It's a kind of software defined networking device. You connect to it via the cloud and then you have some dashboard services available from the cloud provider, from Meraki. We have traditional networking devices and we use Meraki for other purposes. I'm the company manager of network services for Europe, India, and Africa and we're a customer of Meraki.

What is most valuable?

I like that there is great visibility on the dashboard and you immediately see when something is going down. If you want to dive deeper and get more details you can. Because this is a cloud solution, you have everything configured and there's nothing we really need to configure ourselves to get the information we need.

For how

BK
Owner at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
It is very easy to manage and has good security

What is our primary use case?

We are using Meraki Dashboard to log in to the firewall and to set up the VPN, etc. Our firewall is deployed on-premises.

• "It is very easy to manage. It has good security, and it is working well with our firewall."
  • "There is a bit of a problem when you try to log in and you don't have a fixed IP address. If you're granting access, you need to log in by using the IP address. If your administrator's IP address is not a fixed IP address and it has changed, you might need to update the changed IP address in the interface. For this, you need to log in to the interface to update the IP address. This issue might not have so much to do with Meraki interface."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product. I would rate Meraki Dashboard a nine out of ten.
AP
CyberSecurity & Cloud Solutions Manager at alet communications
Easy to access, simple configuration, and responsive technical support

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to connect any devices to the network and for monitoring.

• "Some of the features I have found valuable are the ease of access, simple configuration, and monitoring."
  • "There are some issues with the NAT configuration, it is now impossible to some operations with the solution."

What other advice do I have?

No solution can be a ten, nothing is perfect. I rate Meraki Dashboard a nine out of ten.
LB
Adm. Director at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Easy to use, stable, and a quality support team

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for managing our Meraki devices.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is ease of use.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup is complex and can be made more straightforward. The scalability can be improved.

I have been using the Meraki Dashboard for between three and five years.

I've found this product to be quite stable.

I was having issues and technical support was able to help solve them, so they have quality support.

The initial setup is somewhat complex.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I can recommend. I…
See 1 more Meraki Dashboard Reviews
Product Categories
Network Monitoring Software
Download our free Meraki Dashboard Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.