Meraki Dashboard OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Meraki Dashboard is the #14 ranked solution in our list of best Network Monitoring Tools. It is most often compared to ThousandEyes: Meraki Dashboard vs ThousandEyes

What is Meraki Dashboard?

The dashboard that hosts all of the information around the Meraki product data.

Meraki Dashboard Buyer's Guide

Download the Meraki Dashboard Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Meraki Dashboard Customers

Coop eG, Peet's Coffee & Tea, Priefert Manufacturing, Century Care Management, Clifton College, Zürs Ski Resort, Capital FM Arena, MAXI Autohöfe

Meraki Dashboard Video

Archived Meraki Dashboard Reviews (more than two years old)

Jason Polce
Practice Director Network Infrastructure at Maureen Data
Significantly reduced the time to deploy devices and has made remote troubleshooting a lot easier

• "We've been spending a lot less time on tickets and deployments, so we have more time to do other things."
  • "Something that needs to be improved, is the fact that you if you don't renew the subscription license, it stops working. I would also like to see SSL BPM support for anything else."

What is our primary use case?

I am the Practice Director for Network Infrastructure and I primarily use this solution for edge security and WAN routing.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved our organization by significantly reducing the time to deploy devices, and it also made remote troubleshooting a lot easier.

What is most valuable?

The features I find most valuable are the visibility and the ease of management. I like the visibility into all the traffic, feature parity with Cisco ASA firewalls and things like that.

What needs improvement?

Something that needs to be improved, is the fact that you if you don't renew the subscription license, it stops working. I would also like to see SSL BPM support for anything else.

The solution has been very stable. We've run into very few bugs, less than on the ASA platform.

We haven't had any issues with scalability and we have multi-hundred device sites, so I believe the solution is really scalable.

The technical support has been great. Whenever you call them, they're responsive and we get an answer.

We used Cisco ASA before this and we realized that we needed better security compliance, more scalability, and some extra features. This solution now saves us time, and I like the added features that the Meraki dashboard offers. It is also consistent and very reliable.

The initial setup was pretty easy. You simply follow the menu, and it prompts you for the inputs, which is pretty straightforward.

We have seen a return on investment. We've been spending a lot less time on tickets and deployments, so we have more time to do other things.

We have a license for 5 years. I've heard that the advanced security license is a bit on the high end because it's competitive with other solutions. I believe it really depends on the bandwidth, so the bigger your platform, the more you will pay.

We looked at Cisco ASA, Cisco FTD, and Meraki Dashboard.

What other advice do I have?

My rating for this solution is 9 out of 10 because we've had success with it, very few complaints, and it works great. I think a lot of people think Meraki is more geared towards small businesses, but I would say since Cisco's acquired them, they've come a long way. It is definitely a great solution so I would suggest that others try it out.
In the next version, I would love to see remote access VPN and getting the functionality so that the ASA product line can connect.

AH
Solutions Consultant at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
Has an integrated firewall and an integrated wireless LAN controller in the dashboard

• "An excellent dashboard that is currently unique in covering both SD-WAN and SD-LAN with built-in security."
  • "It is not appropriate for large, enterprise businesses."

What is our primary use case?

Cisco Meraki offers unified management of devices on a network from a centralized dashboard.

What is most valuable?

The feature that seems most valuable in Meraki is that it covers SD-WAN and also the SD-LAN. In the dashboard, it has an integrated firewall and an integrated wireless LAN controller. Those are the features that are generally most useful for the customer. But, to be honest this is a solution for only small and medium-sized business customers.

What needs improvement?

I don't think that Cisco needs or wants to improve Meraki. Meraki was acquired by Cisco, and Cisco knows exactly what they wanted from the product. This product is only fitting for small to medium business. In order to work with large corporate enterprises, they have acquired another company that will help them provide an enterprise solution. That's why they are not going to improve Meraki. If they were going to try to scale the application of Meraki to enterprise solutions it would not be a good fit.

Both of the Cisco products don't yet support layer 2 MPLS (Multi-Protocol Label Switching). The only vendor I know of today that is supporting MPLS is Nokia. None of Cisco products supporting that protocol, so I think this is a gap in Cisco products.

We have been using the Meraki solution for only about a year.

As far as scalability, the product is not very scalable. The product will only be fit to cover small to medium businesses and Cisco is not likely to improve on that scalability as they have other products in line for the larger market. If a customer has other hardware that they use which supports a large enterprise, I don't think that Meraki fits as a solution.

To be honest about the technical support, in Kuwait we deal with a Cisco distributor and not Cisco directly. If we have any issues, we contact the Cisco distributor and not Cisco directly. So the technical support is not genuine Cisco support, which has an excellent reputation.

We made the purchase through a vendor named Nordicom, and they would be the company that provides technical support. At this point, we have not had any problems that required contacting the vendor to get a solution. While I am sure that they will be competent as a Cisco vendor because it requires certification, I do not know for a fact about how good their technical support actually is.

I have worked with other products like Nuage from Nokia and I think the Meraki dashboard has a more beautiful and useful dashboard compared to other vendors. The other dashboards are more difficult than Meraki, which makes them harder to use. The Meraki dashboard is really very good. It has built-in security which is a feature that not all of the other vendors have. Because of this, other vendors have to integrate with other security vendors or products to provide a security option. Because Meraki is part of Cisco, it is integrated with some Cisco security solutions already. I feel Meraki is one of the best at what it does even if it is not fitting to large enterprises.

The setup for the product is not complex. I think it's very good.

I was working for an ISP and the ISP mentality is to manage the dashboard and installations. We don't let the customer manage the dashboard unless they have requested to do that specifically, and we do the installations.

I don't have much experience with the pricing because the financial team is responsible for that. So in terms of comparing the prices between Meraki and other solutions, I do not have direct experience and the information to do that. But I heard that Meraki is not cheap. To be fair this is only what I heard from a good source. It's not the cheapest solution, but it is a good one. I just don't know where it falls exactly in the range of competitors.

Before this, we did not evaluate other solutions because it's a new feature and functionality. Maybe we will test other products now because there are many other players in the market. Each vendor is focused on a specific category of clientele, so not all of the solutions will be appropriate for our needs. We are actually evaluating more than one vendors right now, including Meraki and Datadog.

What other advice do I have?

If a customer who is considering the use of this product is not a very large business and only has few branches, Meraki is a very good solution. For large businesses, it is not a fitting product.

Overall, I rate the product as an eight out of ten. It's a very good solution. The rating is not higher than that because I think eight is the best it can attain at this point. If they make enhancements to make it work more smoothly and add additional useful features, I would rate it higher. I'm leaving the other two points for any future improvements.

The price should be improved — lowered — as well. If it is very expensive compared to other solutions, this will be a challenge for the adoption of the product. Meraki is making a very good solution, but when comparing products, the price will matter to many potential clients. The dashboard is good, but the competing products can improve their own dashboards or make a better, more simple dashboard than the one Meraki has. It's not that big a deal to improve that feature. So if the competition has better prices, a nice dashboard, or better technologies, they will compete and maybe take market share.

As an aside, I had an interesting discussion last week with Cisco while we were evaluating their product. I told them about something that I thought should be improved about the product. They told me: "We are Cisco," meaning that they did not have to worry about improving that aspect of their product because of their popularity and brand name. They have the right to claim they are the best and they have worked to gain that reputation. Most customers know this, and they know Cisco's reputation and their name.

In the end, not all of the customers will go by the name only. Some customers will go with Cisco directly, regardless of how the product develops. But there are other products that compete and customers will discover those when doing comparisons and possibly switch if Cisco does not pay attention to the needs of the clients. For example, Fortinet has its own SD-WAN solution now. Many other players like VMware and Nokia also have their own new or emerging solutions — and they are big, well-known names, like Cisco. If, in the end, they have better solutions, the customer will use their solution instead. It is not enough just to have the name Cisco.

I am one of the people who is an advocate for Cisco solutions, but the mentality of the company being superior just because they have a name needs to change or the product development will fall behind. Because of this attitude, there is really more reason to consider other products and people will.

Learn what your peers think about Meraki Dashboard. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
540,694 professionals have used our research since 2012.
TA
Network Administrator at a healthcare company with 201-500 employees
A centralized solution for our AP network, managed using a single pane of glass

• "It can analyze the traffic that it is picking up from what may be a rogue access point, and it is able to identify those and send relevant notifications."
  • "It would be helpful to have the ability to create a floor plan based on an existing PDF or JPEG, which is automatically converted into a usable network map."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to provide Wi-Fi access within the organization.

How has it helped my organization?

Using this solution reduces the amount of time that I have to spend managing our network.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the single pane of glass. It has nice features like heat mapping and rogue AP detection. It can analyze the traffic that it is picking up from what may be a rogue access point, and it is able to identify those and send relevant notifications.

Another helpful feature is that it can dynamically change the channel that the AP is using.

What needs improvement?

The stability is very good. So far it has not gone down, and I haven't experienced any issues with it.

This is a very scalable solution. The APs are relatively lightweight, and we have many of them being managed by one controller.

I haven't yet needed to use technical support.

We were previously using prox and Wi-Fi APs. We were having all kinds of issues; there was poor visibility, and we had to log in to agents individually. Sometimes the WAN interface would just break, so you would have to reboot it then begin troubleshooting once it came back online. There was a need for a centralized solution.

The initial setup of this solution is very straightforward. You have to purchase the license for the Enterprise, and then purchase a license for each AP. Then you create a login with that license and you can build out your networks. It is easy to configure, and this includes defining your access points.

I am the only person who maintains this solution for our organization.

We used CDW to assist with our implementation and deployment, and our experience was very good.

I don't have an accurate measure for ROI, but the time savings suggests that there is something there.

The licensing fees are $180 USD, per AP, for three years. I don't recall the initial startup costs.

I did not shop around very much. I had heard about what this solution could do and choose it based on that.

What other advice do I have?

This product saves me time and I am very happy using it. It is a great product, but nothing is perfect.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

PR
Network Technician at a government with 10,001+ employees
Helps us to easily update and manage multiple devices, and simplifies creating our VPN tunnel

• "The most valuable feature is the single pane of glass that gives you multisite visibility."
  • "The one issue that we have had is that the VPN tunnel would go down unless you worked out with the ISP that you would be using a static IP address on the WAN interface."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to create VPN tunnels between remote sites and our core.

How has it helped my organization?

It has made creating VPN tunnels between remote sites and our core a lot easier. To create a VPN we need to deal with multipoint VLANs that we have between our different sites. Using this solution has meant that we don't have to create a bunch of specific policies, such as firewall exceptions. Instead, we just have the Meraki Cloud profile set up properly.

What is most valuable?

It has the ability to push a configuration to multiple devices, or you can use the single pane of glass to login to any one of them. It saves a lot of time if you have to make a change on the fly.

What needs improvement?

The one issue that we have had is that the VPN tunnel would go down unless you worked out with the ISP that you would be using a static IP address on the WAN interface. If you're allowed to just be dynamic then whenever the port and IP changes, it will break the VPN connection and it does not always come back up. Our ISP has the dynamic IP addresses change on a cycle, so this was a problem for us.

So far, stability seems good, aside from the collapsing VPN tunnel issue that we were having due to having a dynamic IP address.

We haven't scaled the product enough to give an accurate answer, but so far it has met our needs.

We have been in contact with technical support, but I have not dealt with them personally.

Previously, for the remote VPN, we were using Aruba. There is a certain amount of complexity, and we had issues in terms of scalability. The Meraki solution was easy to use and allowed us to separate the traffic. It had to be split between our general inter-LAN that includes internet access, and data that is prioritized because it is handling 911 traffic.

The installation was pretty straightforward. I obtained my Meraki certification in one day.

We worked directly with the Meraki team.

ROI is hard to gauge because we are a Not-for-Profit organization.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to attend the Meraki classes and obtain your CMNO certification. You have to be familiar with the dashboard, the visibility, and the different products that you will be working on.

ED
Network Support at a retailer with 5,001-10,000 employees
Enables us to see and monitor the bandwidth of all the stores easily

• "The ability of the product to perform with simplicity of deployment make it a valuable solution."
  • "Third-party switches do not necessarily integrate easily with the system and this could be improved to allow for better adaptation."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to deploy and manage the wireless APs and system switches.

How has it helped my organization?

One of the ways Meraki improved our organization is just the simplicity of deployment and scalability. We could easily see and monitor the bandwidth at all the stores easily.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I find most valuable is the product's ability and simplicity.

What needs improvement?

Probably the thing that could use the most improvement is the terminal monitor issues on ports. According to Meraki support, we need a third-party program to integrate other, non-Meraki switches if they don't have that integrator already. It is not a problem with the Meraki switches, of course.

The stability of the solution is great. The only problems we had is an issue with the firmware, but they replaced that right away and it solved the issue.

We think the scalability of the solution is great as far as the wireless AP. We expanded, so far, by ten access points. Eventually, we are going to do 30 of them.

If we experience any problem I can call technical support right away. If I have to do something like replacing a switch, they send it to me within two business days.

I was not in that position to make any type of call on the product we selected and used at the time it was implemented.

The initial setup was really pretty straightforward.

The APs are pretty easy to deploy so we did not need the assistance of a vendor or consultant. We just got support directly from Meraki is we had any issue.

I am not in the position to evaluate the return on investment.

Cost and pricing falls outside of my responsibility.

I was not in a position to be involved in the evaluation of options.

What other advice do I have?

As far as this solution I would rate it as a nine out of ten from my experience and comparing it to what I know about other solutions. It's really easy to use. The technical support and customer experience are great and that just adds value to the product.

Any advice I have for people considering the solution is that if they want something that is going to work and be simple to deploy, this is a product they should strongly consider. I don't think the simplicity of the product is matched for what it provides.

SD
Apprentice Technical Project Manager at a retailer with 201-500 employees
Reseller
It's a solution that can be used by anyone and has good support

• "You don't have to be a network engineer to use it."
  • "The MDM, however, is bad. We're using another MDM now because Meraki was so bad."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is managing the LAN, the Local Area Network, in our shops. We have a total of 40 shops in France, so I'm using Meraki for managing my LAN, my access point, my switches my VLAN, my SSIDs, etc.

What is most valuable?

Meraki is easy to use. You don't have to be a network engineer to use it. That's why I like it. I'm in IT, I know how our network works, but if you give that solution to my mom, for example, she would have used it like a normal, she could have opened a shop for example. That's what I like about Meraki Dashboard - all your switches, all your access points are all in one place, and it's easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The MDM needs improvement. I know that we used to use the MDM for a long time, for one or two years, but we had to leave it because it wasn't really good enough for us. THe MDM should be improved.

I've been using the solution for 3 years.

The stability is okay. In three years, we've only had two or three problems, but one of them was our fault. The other one was on Meraki's side, but it still worked. Meraki was not working, we couldn't use them, but the products were okay, the LAN was okay. So I guess the stability is great.

We have five administrators that work on the dashboard.

Technical support is great. They've been great.

We used Aruba for about six months before Meraki. We switched because we thought that the Aruba Dashboard was really poor in terms of features and things you can do in management. Also, the managing area of Aruba was really bad compared to Meraki. That's why we switched.

The initial setup is really easy. You just have to open an account. It's also really easy to add equipment.

We used the Meraki team, but beyond that, we didn't get help from anyone else. We installed all the switches and all of the access points.

We thought about Aruba, but the features weren't enough, compared to Meraki.

What other advice do I have?

We use the solution every day, every hour. We usually check the dashboard once a day.

Be aware that it's really easy to use, so you can easily make the wrong changes for example, but can get help easily from good people. Meraki is very accessible.

It's a solution that can be used by anyone - by administrators, by end-users, by a lot of people. You have to be aware that it is pretty easy to be used, but you have to use it well. Use it well and it will be fine.

The MDM, however, is bad. We're using another MDM now because Meraki was so bad.

I would rate the solution 9 out of 10.

Network Administrator at Diversicare Healthcare Services
Nice and easy cloud management with a quick and painless setup

• "There is no need to swap the hardware at all the locations, and importing the APs into the Dashboard was a simple and quick process."
  • "I am concerned about the fact that once your licensing expires the devices stop working and become a brick."

What is our primary use case?

We acquired more than two hundred and fifty Meraki APs as part of a multi-site acquisition. We bought the licensing, stood up a Meraki Dashboard and imported the APs into our Dashboard. A super easy transition of the Wireless LAN.

How has it helped my organization?

There is no need to swap the hardware at all the locations, and importing the APs into the Dashboard was a simple and quick process. Building the environment in the Dashboard was quick as well. Overall, the changeover was painless from the wireless standpoint.

What is most valuable?

Cloud management is nice and easy. There are no controllers to deal with upgrading and maintaining. It is easy to see all of the devices are online, and if not, which ones are down.

What needs improvement?

I am concerned about the fact that once your licensing expires the devices stop working and become a brick.

Almost three years.
UA
Product Specialist at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Single pane of glass enables you to configure a monitor view, all from one dashboard

• "The feature I find most valuable is the single pane of glass where you can configure a monitor view, all from one dashboard. For example, on the wireless side, you can configure it under the configuration panel, and then view statistics like location analytics, user analytics, etc."
  • "Not a lot of training is available."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use is with the Managed Service Provider Dashboard. I work for an ISP, and we provide Meraki solutions to our customers.

How has it helped my organization?

In terms of the operation side, the Meraki Dashboard has made it much easier to use and configure from one place. There are tools embedded in the dashboard to troubleshoot, instead of looking at various network elements, you just have the one dashboard to view everything.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The product can be improved around the captive portal portion. It may be helpful to have maybe some popups or blurbs that just guide you in terms of how to use it or explain what a certain input means. Also, for example, the summary dashboard is under Organization, instead of under Network and sometimes it gets confusing where to actually find the summary dashboard.

For me, from a usability or user journey perspective, it can be a bit more intuitive. For example, I want to see the summary from my Network but I have to go to Organization. Also the guides: they are great, but it's very difficult to find user guides, specifically on how to use every single feature. If I have to draw up the user guide, it's quite difficult to find the content. And maybe something which is connected with the support, or the price, or something like that. Or functionality, like more features.

I have been using the Meraki Dashboard for 9 months now.

I find the stability of the Meraki Dashboard very reliable and stable. It's got the built-in mechanisms like warm spares, automatic solar, from my side, it's been very reliable. I've always been able to connect to the dashboard. There haven't been any outages. We haven’t had any stability issues.

In terms of scalability, we are planning to roll it out to the rest of our 400 stores. We've only got one solution that's live right now, which is a combination of their security appliance, which is an access point. For the Wi-Fi, many of the guests who come through the store are using it. The internal staff is using the Wi-Fi and the LAN. It's the store that sells our product, and they're using the full stack of Meraki right now.

The technical support that I've experienced so far has been very good. The guys used to literally log the ticket on the dashboard, and they answer us. It's normally back within a day or so, so they've been very helpful.

Before Meraki Dashboard, we didn't previously use a different solution. From my side, I haven't used anything else. But the technical teams have used the traditional Cisco RSR's, and their Aironet Wi-Fi solution, and it's significantly more difficult to deploy those solutions.

The initial setup was very, very intuitive and easy to use, in terms of installation. We've mainly worked on the wireless access point, but there's education that's starting to happen within the NSP environment. You need to get the guys up to speed. And this is a very different way of configuring and doing things, that's the learning journey, but once we actually are up to speed on how to use it, it's much quicker than the traditional use cases. They defined all the test cases and use cases that they'd want to test after deploying. It was pretty successful from the Meraki side, but internally, it was the education side that was lacking because the guys didn't fully understand how to use it, at that stage. And that's why it took so long to deploy.

For the implementation, we ourselves did the POC, but we did have a representative from Meraki here that was guiding us for about a week.

From a pricing perspective, they are still expensive.

Before choosing we didn't really evaluate other options. The guys are used to using it, but in terms of troubleshooting, they have to access many different systems. The reason why we did a POC with Meraki is because the sales representative came down to visit MTN. There's a Cisco partnership that's in place. They gave us the solution of Meraki and the objective. There was a rationale behind why we should do this POC, and that's why they moved. It was more of a selling initiative. They sold the solution to MTN, so we didn't choose it because the other solutions were not working, it was a sale.

What other advice do I have?

Regarding this solution, there are a few additional comments: from my side, because I'm a managed service provider, and we sell and manage services to our customer, I feel what's lacking right now is the technical training to up skill and manage the service provider. In South Africa, a lot of training is not available. In terms of technical training, there's none of that, apart from the CMNO training.

MT
Head of Defense Analytics at clearmatics
We have much better wireless coverage than we had before and we have visibility of all the users

• "It has improved my organization in the way that we've got a much better wireless coverage than we had before, and secondly, we have the visibility of all the users."
  • "You can't really clone or replicate a device, that sort of feature would be useful. You can clone the site but you cannot clone the device."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to provide a wireless and networking solution for the office or home. I use it at home and at work.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved my organization in the way that we've got a much better wireless coverage than we had before, and secondly, we have the visibility of all the users.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features would be its ease of use and the easy integration.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for around three years.

As far as I know, it is very stable.

The scalability is unlimited. You can scale as much as you want, at least for the environment that I'm in. We don't have thousands, we've only got under ten. It's right for our organization. I think scalability-wise it's capable of scaling up to around 200, maybe a couple thousand. It's all cloud based so we don't control anything.

We have around 45 users using this solution. Their roles are primarily developers. We only require one staff member for the deployment and maintenance which is me.

It is used in the office environment and if we get more people joining us, we might need more Meraki access points and maybe more filters.

Technical support is pretty good. They come back to me with the answers or at least help me with how to get answers.

We switched to Meraki from Fortinet. We switched because it was not easy to manage.

The initial setup was straightforward. The guys from the Meraki website were quite good.

The deployment took a few minutes but the congregation took a couple of days.

I did the deployment myself.

Licensing is around under 1000 pounds. The licensing is either one year, three years, five years or ten years and during the licensing, we can choose to renew it per year or per every three years. We've got a license for three years. It's about 160 or about 200 pounds each.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise someone considering this solution to go for it.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

JL
Network Engineer at Palindrome Consulting
Gives us centralized control of multiple clients and sites

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is network security and reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved our organization by centralizing control of multiple clients and sites.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is their support, and they get better every day.

What needs improvement?

The pricing for this solution needs to be improved.

More than six years.

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is network security and reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is their support, and they get better every day.

What needs improvement?

The pricing for this solution needs to be improved.

More than six years.
EA
Project Director
MSP
Presence analytics enables retail stores to recognize their customers at multiple locations

What is most valuable?

In my previous employment, I used to deploy Meraki solutions for retail stores. They really liked the the Presence analytics feature. Basically, they could tell how many clients came into each store and how many clients came out, using the MAC addresses, not some kind of analog solution. So not only could they know how many clients came in and came out, but also how many returning customers came to each location. They could take that data and match it up with the other locations, and get a lot of marketing information from that too.

In addition to Presence analytics, Layer 7 filtering allowed me to filter connectivity by service and not by port. Also Easy VPN connectivity between the Merakis, multiple SSID configurations, plus I could segregate one SSID from another. One more feature I would add is Facebook integration.

How has it helped my organization?

It improved the marketing solution of the company where I deployed it and it improved the way they gather marketing data tremendously. Instead of sending emails to customers with their old access-point solution, each client that came into the store - by checking into the store, they could connect right away to Wi-Fi - the store could get a lot of the social media data from their clients. That's how they got automatic marketing going, by the clients checking into Facebook. So their friends could see right away their check-ins, and so on.

It's funny, because these are solutions that are more in the marketing area rather than the network, but there's no other solution that provides this.

What needs improvement?

The process of getting licensing can be a little bit painful, especially if you're doing it each year. The customer support could also take a while to get on the line.

I'd say around five years.

No issues with stability. It was good. Once I deployed it, I totally forgot about it. It did its job, network-wise.

I would say it's about a seven out of 10.

Previously we used a different solution that only offered the ability to get emails from customers, and this provided a much better solution for a retail environment.

Simple.

Merkaki was there before I was hired, and I'm the one who took it and presented it to my supervisor. From there, I went and presented it to the company where I deployed it. It was a great story. It was only after about two weeks at my new job back then, I brought the solution to my company, and then I sold the solution, configured the solution, designed the solution, and maintained the solution day-to-day. So it was something that I did my own research on.

What other advice do I have?

Look at all the features it has to offer, not only network-wise. For example, the Meraki MR12 is an excellent solution for retail, and you also have a Meraki that has great switches where you can control everything over the cloud, and so on. There are different features that fit well so I'd recommend looking into everything it has to offer, and all the solutions.

I give it a 10 out of 10 because I don't see any other product in the market that offers the same solutions, at least for retail.

Product Categories
Network Monitoring Software
Download our free Meraki Dashboard Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.