RE
Head of IT at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Excellent technical support and relatively stable, but has expensive pricing

• "The technical support is very good. They offer some of the best support on the market."
  • "The solution needs to improve its scalability."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our production, mainly our processing, and for some internal uses surrounding the sovereignty of data.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The pricing of the product needs to be improved. I find that Cisco products are usually priced quite high.

The solution needs to improve its scalability.

I've been using the solution for between three and five years.

The solution is stable most of the time, but occasionally we have faced unpredictable issues that has affected the solution's stability for a short time. This has happened only two times over the last five years.

The solution is not scalable. If you need to scale, you need to change the equipment. Currently, about 100 users in our company are using Meraki MS switches.

Technical support is very good.

The initial setup is complex. We needed some specialized techs who were familiar with the setup.  We have very complex architecture, therefore it took us a few weeks to deploy the solution.

At first we had the assistance of an integrator, but afterwards, we handled the implementation by ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

My advice to others would be that they have good knowledge of Cisco products before attempting to implement the solution. This is most important for successful deployment.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. I'd rate it higher if it offered better scalability and more competitive pricing.

SM
Sr. Presales Consultant at a integrator with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to deploy with a cloud-accessible web-based interface

• "The management is cloud-based so you do not have to be on-premises to work with it."
  • "There is not much training available for this solution."

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and this is one of the solutions that we provide to our customers.

What is most valuable?

This is a very easy solution to deploy.

It is easy to configure using the cloud-accessible web-based interface.

What needs improvement?

The licensing would be improved if shorter terms were offered.

There is not much training available for this solution.

Better online and remote support is needed.

I would like to see support for IoT.

We need to be able to add an access point without requiring an additional controller.

I have been using this solution for one year.

This solution is quite stable but you must coordinate with a remote site where engineers have administrative access to the features. This makes it easy to repair in case of an emergency.

I have two or three projects that are using this solution. One of them has twenty-five hundred users.

The initial setup of this solution is straightforward as long as you have a good technical person.

The DNA subscription is a three-year minimum term.

This solution is better than the Cisco Catalyst switches.

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that I definitely recommend but since it has limited information available on the web site, it is a bit difficult to configure the licensing.

Learn what your peers think about Meraki MS Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
541,708 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Mansukh Bhesania
MD and CEO at Aster Networks Pvt Ltd
Easy to manage remotely and the SD-WAN features are good

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and Meraki MS Switches are one of the network infrastructure products that we implement for our clients. My goal is to give the proper service and proper ideas. Our customers for this product include educational institutions, manufacturing plants, and banks.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is cloud management. In particular, if you are required to manage the switch remotely then this is a good solution. The SD-WAN features are very good.

What needs improvement?

I don't think that the cost is a problem, but sometimes the price requires convincing the customer of the value.

We have been working with Meraki Switches for the past 10 to 12 years.

What do I think

What is most valuable?

The SD-WAN features are very good.

What needs improvement?

We have been working with Meraki Switches for the past 10 to 12 years.

Stability-wise, I have not had a bad experience in the past and none of my customers are complaining.

Scalability has not been a problem.

The Cisco technical support is good and we have had no problem at all. When we require help then they are excellent.

I work with and promote many different switches including the standard Cisco and Meraki products.

The initial setup is very easy to complete.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product and I am actively promoting it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Shan Anan
IT Manager at a wholesaler/distributor with 201-500 employees
User-friendly and stable with a fast responding technical support team

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for testing.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be simplified a bit.

I've been using the solution for nearly two years.

For our purposes, the solution is stable.

The solution isn't scalable.

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for testing.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be simplified a bit.

I've been using the solution for nearly two years.

For our purposes, the solution is stable.

The solution isn't scalable.

I've had to contact technical support a few times and they have always been helpful. How long they take to respond depends on the time of the call. If I'm calling at off-office hours I can get answers quickly, but during actual office hours, there is a little bit of a delay.

We previously used HPE. We switched because we received a gift voucher after attending an IT Expo.

The initial setup is straightforward. You only need two people for deployment and maintenance.

I handled the implementation myself.

The pricing of the solution is fair. The licensing is paid on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

We use the MS 250 and 425 series.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. Switches wise, I'm really happy with the product. It is more user-friendly than competitors and I can do everything myself. That's why I prefer it.

Sara Coronel
Senior Consulting and Design Engineer at Claro Ecuador
Dashboard is well integrated which enables easy monitoring

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of Switches is for controlling and monitoring the clients. I'm a senior consultant and design engineer and we are partners of Meraki.

What is most valuable?

A valuable feature is the console of the dashboard which is pretty integrated. It's also easy for the client to monitor their dashboard.

What needs improvement?

I think the cameras should be better integrated so that clients can review real time images on the dashboard. That's a basic feature.

I've been using this solution for a year.

It's a pretty stable solution and there was no difficulty integrating the products to one dashboard.

What do I think about the

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for a year.

The scalability of the solution is excellent.

It's somewhat difficult to contact technical support, there are several manual steps involved. If you don't know the process, it can take time.

The initial setup was not complex.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

TS
CIO at U.S. Metals, Inc.
Great support and definitely worth considering if you are looking for a cloud switch

What is our primary use case?

We use it for network connectivity in our organization. We use it across all of our locations. It is cloud-based. So, the software is updated to the latest firmware on a regular basis by Cisco. We have a private cloud.

What is most valuable?

I like the support, and basically, that's why I'm using Meraki by Cisco.

What needs improvement?

I've had some hardware failure issues on the POE side on several switches across the years. There seems to be a problem with the POE ports of their unit system.

I have been using this solution for probably seven or eight years.

They're pretty good. I would give them a 10 out of 10.

What other advice do I have?

If…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

I like the support, and basically, that's why I'm using Meraki by Cisco.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for probably seven or eight years.

They're pretty good. I would give them a 10 out of 10.

What other advice do I have?

If you're looking for cloud switches, I would definitely recommend including them in your evaluation because they're really good.

I would rate Meraki MS Switches a nine out of 10.

Private Cloud
Enzo Bastianello
CECEO, ICT & Privacy ConsultantO at CHIP COMPUTERS S.r.l.
Easy to configure and provides us with complete visibility of the graphic end point

What is our primary use case?

We are partners with Cisco and I'm the company CEO.

What is most valuable?

I like that this solution is easy to configure and it provides complete visibility of the graphic end point.

What needs improvement?

This is quite an expensive solution so I'd like to see the cost reduced. The complete installation can be very expensive because the switch doesn't have an option to perform fiber connectivity.

I've been using this solution for five years.

The solution is scalable and stable.

I have had good experience with the English support but I'd really like to see some technical support in Italian. …

What is our primary use case?

We are partners with Cisco and I'm the company CEO.

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for five years.

The solution is scalable and stable.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

It's an expensive solution in some environments but I would recommend it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

JG
Director at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Reseller
A stable solution with easy installation and good tech support, but could have better scalability and integrative abilities with on-premises systems

• "The solution is stable."
  • "The scalability and integrative abilities with on-premises systems could stand improvement."

What is most valuable?

I find administration management and the cloud to be valuable features.

What needs improvement?

I am talking about the monitoring features and those directly concerning the internal management systems. The stock switches should be more reliable.

The solution is a bit on the pricey side.

The solution is stable.

The scalability could be better.

The technical support is fine.

The initial setup and deployment are easy.

The price could be lower.

What other advice do I have?

We are satisfied with the solution when it comes to that concerning a small environment.

I use the solution in my company.

I rate Meraki MS Switches as a seven out of ten.

Product Categories
Ethernet Switches
Download our free Meraki MS Switches Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.