SL
Co-founder at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Scalable and stable

• "The solution is scalable."
  • "Overall, we are satisfied with the support, although I cannot state this unequivocally."

What needs improvement?

We are resellers, meaning we are a certified partner of Meraki and, as such, it is my job to sell Meraki products to our customers on the Korean market. Occasionally, I encounter issues concerning the price. It would be good if the price were more attractive to the market. The pricing is not that cost-effective to the customer.

Cisco potential or actual customers who use Cisco classing models, such as 2,900 switches and other routers, must consider the management of the Cisco product in respect of the desired implementation and not just the classing models. It would be much better were Meraki to provide comprehensive virtual management tools.

The Cisco market team provides customers with any technical support they may need. Overall, we are satisfied with the support, although I cannot state this unequivocally, since there are certain issues we have encountered when opening a ticket.

We have been using Meraki SD-WAN for more than five years.

When it comes to the question of the solution's broader stability, I would state that it is stable. Cisco classic models boast the best stability, although Meraki is also fine. I can say that it is quite stable, as well.

The solution is scalable.

From the perspective of the customer, the price is not terribly cost-effective. It should be more attractive to the market.

What other advice do I have?

We use the solution both in our company and in those of our customers.

I am very happy with the solution. Meraki is one of the innovative products.

There are two people working with the product in our company.

As I am not a technical person, I cannot comment on these aspects of the solution, although I can state that Viptela provides the depth and additional functions and features which Meraki SD-WAN lacks. The latter is more suited to the need to have just some basic pictures of SD-WAN.

I rate Meraki SD-WAN as an eight out of ten.

MA
Associate Senior Researcher at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Reseller
Responsive Support, robust, and easy to deploy, but the security is minimal and needs to be enhanced

• "I like the entire set of features and the analytics."
  • "Meraki offers the client basic security, it is not the same as what FortiGate is offering."

What is our primary use case?

We are resellers. We provide solutions including Meraki SD-WAN to our clients.

What is most valuable?

I like the entire set of features and the analytics.

What needs improvement?

If you compare Meraki with other solutions, the level of security is minimal.

The security needs to be improved, which is why we also use FortiGate. Meraki offers the client basic security, it is not the same as what FortiGate is offering. The customers question the security as they see that they have some loopholes. They feel that a hacker can easily enter your data. When you operate the network to the family, on the outside a hacker can see the IP address inside the network.

Customers will request a firewall to protect the network.

I would like to see Meraki include firewall security. Also, they should have encryption inside the router to make the data secure.

I have been working with Meraki SD-WAN for more than three years.

We are using models MX64 and MX100.

So far it has been stable. We have no issues with stability.

Currently, we have 10 customers who each have 30 to 50 clients using Meraki SD-WAN.

Technical support is good.

When we have encountered problems, technical support has been quick to respond.

We are also working with Fortinet.

It is easier to deploy Meraki when you compare it with FortiGate.

What other advice do I have?

Meraki SD-WAN is better suited for customers who have small branches, who don't have secure data to be transferred.

Meraki is not suitable for companies that require high security.

I would rate Meraki SD-WAN a six out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Meraki SD-WAN. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
553,954 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MichielZyde
Junior System Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to configure and has a nice GUI, but the logging needs to be improved

• "This is a high availability solution that is easy to configure and has a nice GUI."
  • "When there is an issue, I find it difficult to figure out what is going wrong because the logs do not provide as much information as solutions from HP."

What is our primary use case?

We are a company that provides IT solutions to other companies and this is one of the products that we implement for others.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

When there is an issue, I find it difficult to figure out what is going wrong because the logs do not provide as much information as solutions from HP. With HP you have the CLI, but with Meraki, there is no CLI and I find it a little bit annoying because you always have to work with the interface. In this regard, the interface could be improved.

Being able to log in remotely via SSL and access a CLI would be helpful because I prefer the CLI over a graphical interface.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

I have used many solutions from different vendors because these are products that we provide to other companies.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. When you configure your devices, you have to assign your licenses. You have to say where your devices are located and assign licenses per product. For example, you have to specify switches, access points, firewalls, etc. Once your devices are online you can configure them in the dashboard, and you're off.

What other advice do I have?

This is a fine product but there is always room for improvement. It is easy to manage and the user interface tells you when something is wrong, but there is always something that they can develop or integrate.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud
KR
IP Network Architect/Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A stable product with application awareness that is straightforward to set up and use

• "The most valuable feature is application awareness."
  • "This solution can only support up to two WAN ports."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our customers. It allows our users to have their main LAN on the internet.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is application awareness.

What needs improvement?

This solution can only support up to two WAN ports. However, many of our customers would like to have four WAN ports.

This solution comes without NAT support enabled. If you need it, then NAT has to be enabled.

If this solution were cheaper then it would be of interest to smaller companies.

I have been working with the Meraki SD-WAN for one year.

We have had no issues in terms of stability.

This is a scalable product, although it is most suitable for medium-sized organizations.

We can speak with technical support directly but our customers have not had any issues.

I am familiar with products from several different vendors. The choice of product depends on several factors, including their budget.

The initial setup is straightforward. Just plug and play.

We offer this solution to our customers as a more cost-effective alternative to some of the other products. Meraki is considered to be in a medium-range in terms of cost.

The licensing fees are approximately $1,000 USD annually.

What other advice do I have?

For medium-sized and larger enterprises, Meraki is a very good choice.

DR
Vice President Of Services at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Simple and stable but only offers basic connectivity

• "We have found the product to be quite scalable."
  • "With Meraki, it's more of a basic connectivity. It doesn't have all the feature sets that a Cisco SD-WAN solution has. It's limited."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for basic connectivity. That's about it at this time.

What is most valuable?

The simplicity of getting connected is the solution's most valuable aspect.

The solution has been stable so far. It's reliable and the performance is good.

We have found the product to be quite scalable.

What needs improvement?

The product needs to offer connectivity in the major clouds due to the fact that everybody has at least part of their workloads in the cloud.

We have found the solution to be stable. There are no bugs or glitches. The performance is good. We don't worry about it crashing or freezing. It's reliable.

The solution has been scalable so far. A company needing to scale should have no problems expanding it.

Meraki support is very similar to Cisco support. It's fine. I don't have any issues with them.

We are also familiar with other Cisco solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I'd advise those considering the solution to first understand what they are buying before making the purchase.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

As far as connectivity goes, Meraki does what it promises. However, it's basic connectivity.

Ovie Omoro
IT Network/Security Manager at Inlaks Nigeria
Enables me to troubleshoot an issues without being physically on-site

• "Because it's a cloud-based network infrastructure, everything is done in the cloud, so I don't need to be on-site physically to be able to troubleshoot or resolve an issue. I can be anywhere and resolve an issue."
  • "Some systems use some applications with the wrong data application. It bypasses the network, and you need to block that application on Meraki. We first try to put in passwords to do it and the network is not really safe. It's not 100%, the network can be bypassed."

What is most valuable?

Because it's a cloud-based network infrastructure, everything is done in the cloud, so I don't need to be on-site physically to be able to troubleshoot or resolve an issue. I can be anywhere and resolve an issue. I can see what's happening to the device in real-time, like what people are connected to the device and I can immediately do everything off-site.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be improved if it added more security features, especially monitoring endpoints with rogue network applications.

I have been using Meraki for around three years.

We don't have issues with stability.

It is easy to scale. We meet their requirements each year to add an additional suite. It's license based, so we have to pay for licenses annually to be able to remain online.

I have contacted support several times. It's quite good.

The initial setup was straightforward. In terms of how long it takes, it shouldn't take more than two days or three days.

The price is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Meraki SD-WAN an eight out of ten.

It has everything I need.

In the next release, they should have better control over file applications that could break into the network.

JK
ACT Solutions Architect at a venture capital & private equity firm with 51-200 employees
Simple to configure and good for the automatic creation of services

• "This product has a simple configuration that can be accessed through a web interface or the API."
  • "It should be easier to install BGP and it should have a better backup."

What is our primary use case?

This is a software-defined networking solution in a wide area network.

What is most valuable?

This solution is good for the automatic creation of services.

What needs improvement?

I think that it is the right time to research features such as IPsec IKEv2 and SSL decryption.

I would like a faster installation time in the next release.

It should be easier to install BGP and it should have a better backup.

I have been using Meraki SD-WAN for about two years.

We use the latest version in production environments. However, in the laboratories, we use the beta version to learn about the new features that we want to use in the future.

I focus on the technical aspects, configuration aspects, and monitoring aspects between the products to assist our customers.

This is a stable product.

Meraki SD-WAN is a scalable solution. We have implemented between 120 and 150 PCs.

What other advice do I have?

We are looking forward to using some of the features that we are currently testing in the beta. Some of these include data suppression options and an IPsec solution with IKEv2.

JC
B2B Product Developer at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Fairly-priced, scalable solution

• "Meraki SD-WAN is a very stable and scalable solution with good technical support."
  • "The product could be improved by being made more simple to use. We had some issues integrating our MPLS with Meraki SD-WAN."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable Meraki SD-WAN features for me are cloud management and Auto VPN.

What needs improvement?

The product could be improved by being made more simple to use. We had some issues integrating our MPLS with Meraki SD-WAN

Some features that should be included in the next release are micro-segmentation, ITS-related features, and inspection and detection for anti-malware.

I also think that they need to improve their hardware. They have some devices that support Wi-Fi, but not LTE and they have some other devices that only support LTE but not Wi-Fi.

I have been using this solution for two years.

Meraki SD-WAN is a very stable solution.

Meraki SD-WAN is a very scalable solution.

In my experience, they have good technical support available.

The initial Meraki SD-WAN setup is straightforward. Implementing this solution for a client with some 20 branches would take a week or two.

Two to five people are necessary for the deployment and maintenance of this solution.

When choosing this solution, our customers most often consider the level of simplicity Meraki SD-WAN provides relative to its price.

I think the price for this solution is fair.