Meta4 OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Meta4 is #7 ranked solution in top Cloud HCM tools and #12 ranked solution in top Talent Management tools. IT Central Station users give Meta4 an average rating of 8 out of 10. Meta4 is most commonly compared to SAP SuccessFactors:Meta4 vs SAP SuccessFactors. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 31% of all views.
What is Meta4?

Meta4 cloud solutions offer HR professionals state-of-the-art technology with the best possible user experience for managing the complete employee cycle, from payroll and personnel administration through to global talent management. This all-in-one solution exploit cloud benefits to overcome all the challenges of human capital management, while increasing business productivity and efficiencies.

Download the Talent Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Meta4 Customers

Boehringer Ingelheim, Enlace Operativo, Europcar, Gemalto, GFI Software, Lectra, Pepe Jeans, Public Universities of Andalusia, Securitas Direct, Silver Standard Resources Inc., Telecinco, Zed Group

Meta4 Video

Archived Meta4 Reviews (more than two years old)

RD
Human Resources Analyst at a non-tech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Payment engine functionality is valuable in our HR process

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this solution is in Human Resources. We have an on-premises deployment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the payment engine.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have recruitment and acquisition features added to this solution.

I have been using this solution for seven years.

What other advice do I have?

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this solution is in Human Resources.

We have an on-premises deployment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the payment engine.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for seven years.

HG
Senior Application Analyst at a non-tech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Has good for performance appraisal but stability and scalability have issues

• "Performance appraisal might be the most valuable feature for us."
  • "The HR portal, training model, and development career model could all use improvement. Stability and scalability should be improved as well."

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-premises version for our organizational structures.

What is most valuable?

Performance appraisal might be the most valuable feature for us.

What needs improvement?

The HR portal, training model, and development career model could all use improvement. Stability and scalability should be improved as well.

I would like table and mobile features to be released, but I believe it might already be there. We just don't have that version yet.

We've been using Meta4 for six or seven years.

From zero to five I would give it a three for stability. It could also be improved.

The scalability should be improved.

All the employees in our company use this solution.

Their technical support is not so good.

The initial setup was complex.

We used Meta4 directly to do our deployment.

What other advice do I have?

Take care when constructing your company, to make sure you have a stable implementation. Also, upgrade every month. Otherwise, your version will be old and it will give you problems.

I would rate this solution as a six out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Meta4, SAP, Oracle and others in Talent Management. Updated: November 2021.
554,676 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user651543
Consultor Sr. (Meta4 / A3Equipo) at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Facilitates reusability, loads massive data, and creates reports.

What is most valuable?

I am really impressed by the versatility and adaptability. It is easy to create concept payrolls ad-hoc. It is the most complete and customizable solution on the market. It facilitates reusability. It can integrate almost anything:

• Time management tools
  • External training
  • Planners
  • Loads massive data
  • Creates simple and quick reports
  • Creates different levels of querying
  • Exploits data intuitively

The modules cover all areas of an HR Department and can be adapted to scale with the company.

Among other advantages, the product includes interactions between manager and employee with the different HR processes, using the portals (configurable and scalable), MSS (Manager Self Service), and ESS (Employee Self-Service).

How has it helped my organization?

It has significantly streamlined the payroll processes and facilitated the distribution of fast and controlled access of information to each of the organizational levels.

What needs improvement?

Continuous improvements of Meta4 releases include a number patches, that are not always tested. It is common for them to be corrected later through hot fixes.

The product has been very accessible. Changes require the intervention of an expert, which increases the cost when customizing the installation.

Meta4 is investing in products that are more standardized and require less maintenance. The costs for implementation of the standard model should be adjusted downward.

I have used this product for over fifteen years.

There were only stability issues in the first versions. Currently, it is a mature product with more than fifteen years in the market. If the certification document installation instructions are followed, it is difficult to have problems with stability.

I did not encounter any scalability issues.

Technical support was effective, but unequal. I would give technical support a rating of 8/10. They often give the correct answer quickly, but not always.

We did use a previous solution and due to a lack of adaptation to the growth of the organization and its new needs, we switched.

Configuring parameters as 'look & feel' and other settings is simple.

However, the first parameterization module payroll (the more complex structure of the application) requires additional work, depending on the complexity of the type of payroll you want to implement.

The rest of the HR modules can be parameterized and initialized with more simplicity.

Scale beforehand to correctly adjust for the annual cost. Once obtained, consult with Meta4 for the cost of the SaaS solution. Compare both options and evaluate the results.

We evaluated PeopleSoft, SAP, and IntegRHo.

What other advice do I have?

Above all, potential users must first evaluate their needs to see if the cost-benefit curve of the product is in line with their expectations. It is not the cheapest product on the market.

it_user616035
IT Applications Manager at a security firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
It has a flexible salary processing engine. The version and build upgrades can be painful.

What is most valuable?

• The flexibility of the salary processing engine allows for the full automation of complex business rules.
  • All important data and configurations are time delimited. This allows for full history and for controlling when changes come into effect (either retroactively or programmed for the future).
  • The "value assignation" model allows you to define values for different groups, and they will apply to all employee part of that group. For example, per location, per contract type, per company, per collective contract, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

If allowed us to fully automate payroll/salary processing for 6000 employees. This is now operated by only three people.

What needs improvement?

The vendor has replaced the e-Mind product with the PeopleNet product. This means that e-Mind is on life support and all R&D investment is going to PeopleNet. There is not direct migration path, so moving to PeopleNet is basically a reimplementation.

To put it bluntly, the e-Mind product is obsolete older technology, and
has no upgrade path for the new PeopleNet product.

I have been using this solution for about 20 years

The high flexibility of the payroll engine is a two-edged sword, as you can quickly build up complexity in your automation rules. Having experienced consultants in your implementation team can help a lot.

The version/build upgrades can be painful, since it is often required to run an update command on every client machine. If you can afford running the client as a remote desktop app, that can minimize the issue.

I found the system to be reliable and scalable. Scalability mostly depends on the database. For large installations, I have seen properly tuned Oracle databases perform well. The payroll engine is the fastest I have seen, even when compared with other products that don't support programmable salary rules, like Meta4.

The vendor's service team usually won't be much help for more complex issues.
But I've found experienced and competent consultants in the marketplace.

I'm moving to an HR solution implemented on MS Dynamics NAV, mainly because our current e-Mind installation is quite old, looks outdated, and its maintenance costs are growing.

The initial setup is not simple, since you usually want to implement your business automation rules, leveraging the product capabilities. You need an implementation project and proper project management.

I've been an implementation consultant for about 15 years. I have been an employee of a company using e-Mind for about five years. I recommend using a team of experienced consultants, independent from the vendor. In my experience, the vendor project implementation capabilities are sub-par.

What other advice do I have?

You will probably see Meta4 PeopleNet, not e-Mind, which is the actively maintained product. But it is an evolution of e-Mind, and most of what I've said also applies.

PeopleNet brings many more features working out-of-the-box, so odds are that you can deploy it without much customization.

If you really need customizations, the product is also a complex development platform. The consultant experience and the project management will be key for a successful implementation.

Product Categories
Talent Management Cloud HCM
Download our free Talent Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Meta4, SAP, Oracle, and more!