Micro Focus Business Process Monitor OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Micro Focus Business Process Monitor is the #39 ranked solution in our list of APM tools. It is most often compared to Dynatrace: Micro Focus Business Process Monitor vs Dynatrace

What is Micro Focus Business Process Monitor?

Micro Focus Business Process Monitor is an application monitoring software that proactively and consistently monitors business processes to identify performance issues before they affect users.

Micro Focus Business Process Monitor is also known as HPE Business Process Monitor.

Download the Application Performance Management (APM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Micro Focus Business Process Monitor Customers

United Airlines, Vodafone Ireland, TEB, The Australian Red Cross Blood Service

Micro Focus Business Process Monitor Video

Micro Focus Business Process Monitor Reviews

WJ
Sr Information Technology Manager at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Stable with good performance visibility but is a discontinued product

• "The stability has been very good over the years."
  • "The solution should offer better integration with other tools from a service management perspective."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for monitoring complex transactions and real user experience modeling.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very good at showing users ways to use a user action on a website and to see the performance.

The stability has been very good over the years.

The product can scale.

What needs improvement?

The product has been discontinued.

The solution should offer better integration with other tools from a service management perspective. If you could better combine it with your infrastructure it would give you a better understanding of what's going on. That would be a benefit for us.

I've worked with the solution for about 15 years now. it's been well over a decade. I've used it for a long time.

It's a very stable platform. We haven't had any issues with it. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution is licensed by the number of connections on the application. It's pretty scalable.

As a solution that was discontinued, we've been out of contract for a number of years, so we can't speak to the technical support side of things.

The pricing is competitive. It's equivalent to some of the other tools in the space. If you are talking about BPM, it's a perpetual license. If you're talking about APM, prices are comparable with the prices of Datadog, or OpsBridge. BPM goes with OpsBridge, which can get pricey. It's comparable to the other solutions in their niche.

What other advice do I have?

We have been using Micro Focus solutions for 20 years. We've been customers for a very long time.

I am not using the latest version of the solution. BPM was discontinued a number of years ago. We're basically moving over to APM.

It's a very good solution, however, it's a standalone solution. There are newer solutions, such as APM, BigPanda, or Datadog. These are stronger solutions in my book.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten.