Micro Focus Content Manager Overview

Micro Focus Content Manager is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Document Management Software. It is most often compared to SharePoint: Micro Focus Content Manager vs SharePoint

What is Micro Focus Content Manager?

Micro Focus Content Manager, formerly Records Manager, is a governance-based enterprise content management system designed to help government agencies, regulated industries and global organizations manage their business content from creation to disposal. Regardless of how you create and collaborate on your content, Content Manager gives you the ability to leverage accurate, contextual, and complete information throughout its lifecycle. Managing your content in this way helps you significantly improve services to your customers, business decisions and insight for future strategy.

Micro Focus Content Manager is also known as HPE Records Manager, HPE Content Manager.

Download the Enterprise Content Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Micro Focus Content Manager Customers

Missouri State Courts

Micro Focus Content Manager Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

it_user616503
EDRMS Compliance Lead Senior Business Analyst at a non-tech company
We can ingest all inbound traffic to a reliable ECM system. Cloud computing feature would be useful.

What other advice do I have?

Be very clear with functional and non-functional requirements. Set forth minimum mandatory baseline business requirements in order to meet overall EDRMS objectives, aligned with the Principles and Functional Requirements for Records in Digital Office Environments and compliance. Also identify non-mandatory features deemed desirable but not mandatory. In addition: * Provide the organisation functional requirements specific to the use and operation of the EDRMS. * Detail the relevant standards and specifications applicable to the efficient management of public/private records – NAA or PROV. *…
it_user618960
Deputy City Clerk at a government with 501-1,000 employees
I like the records management tracking and workflows. I would like to see a smarter workflow tool.

What other advice do I have?

You can’t pre-plan enough on how you want to organize the records. The more planning you put into the implementation, the more you will get from the product. Don’t discount the amount of hand-holding and change management your organization might need.
Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, Microsoft, Alfresco and others in Enterprise Content Management. Updated: June 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Manager, Records Information Management at a hospitality company with 10,001+ employees
The Retention Hold process allows for the suspension on the standard retention process when records are identified as part of a hold order.

What other advice do I have?

We are very pleased with HPE Records Manager.
Scott Brown
Records Manager at a sports company with 51-200 employees
When dragging and dropping multiple items at once, a Queue window is bought up. There is no integration with social media.

What other advice do I have?

Know what you are doing from an information management (IM) perspective. The IT side of it is easy. If you get the IM components wrong, or not optimised, then you usually become part of the problem that the solution is trying to solve.
it_user618117
Records Management Consultant at a government with 501-1,000 employees
Associated products offer OTS integrations. It has extensive configuration restrictions for administrators and file extension limitations.

What other advice do I have?

There are serious considerations of compliance for the product role. HPE TRIM has limitations beyond a document repository.
it_user618120
Application Specialist at a government with 501-1,000 employees
The security model, locations management, records options, and metadata search are valuable features.

What other advice do I have?

Firstly, plan, plan, plan: Hire a good business analyst and assess how your users work, what type of content they create and how you want it structured. Planning your content structure is integral to a successful implementation. Ask yourselves the questions: How do users want to search for content? How do users create content? How do users collaborate/share content? Then ensure you have a good migration plan to transfer content from your current system to your new one. Secondly, training: Training your users comprehensively, to the point of confidence, will see a much larger user uptake. If…
it_user618138
HP TRIM Consultant at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
The most valuable features are the record web services interface and SharePoint integration. IDOL integration can be improved.

What other advice do I have?

Go for it. It works reliably for average-sized organizational structures.
it_user616530
Assistant Director - Information Management at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
We create custom reports using the print merge functionality.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise any organisation to really define what their information management business requirements and end-user requirements might be, noting that they are not going to line up. Additionally, it's important to include in that assessment what the format of that information will be in. Accessibility and transfer of information are also highly important for some organisations.
JC
HP TRIM/HPRM Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Emphasizes record lifecycle and compliance with government standards.

What other advice do I have?

Look for vendors or partners in your area to offer advice.
it_user613548
FOI Analyst 2 at a government with 5,001-10,000 employees
Provides the ability to manage retention and disposition. I think it should be easier to set security/access at all levels.

What other advice do I have?

Fully understand the impact of how you set up the system; for example, the internal locations directory, security groups, security/access on different levels (classification, folder).
it_user605049
Records Management Administrator
We rely on it to accurately identify documents that are eligible for destruction each year.

What other advice do I have?

It always takes more time and money.
it_user607833
Records Management Coordinator at a government with 501-1,000 employees
The ability to add our own user-defined fields allows us to modify this product to suite our needs.

What other advice do I have?

This is a wonderful product with many options. We have never been disappointed by it.
it_user607380
V.P. Information Technology - NAMICO at a non-profit with 51-200 employees
Our approval process for claim invoices utilizes the annotation capabilities. It has reduced our reliance on paper.

What other advice do I have?

One advantage of this product is that it allows us to determine our own structure. Some insurance document management solutions require you to follow their structure. This has advantages and disadvantages, and you really need to understand and plan how you want to organize your data. Organize your information in a way that makes sense for daily activities and working with documents. Do not fall into the trap of organizing data for searching. We have a few structures that have grown difficult for day-to-day work because they are optimized for searches that rarely occur.
it_user567567
IT Business Partner at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
We use it for document management and as a legal document repository.

What other advice do I have?

It's a great product. But HPE needs to step away from the commercial interest and really help us to get what it is that we are looking for. It always comes with a price, but it looks that it's not just a tick in the box. We want to really see it end-to-end that it's going to work for us as well.