Micro Focus Diagnostics OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Micro Focus Diagnostics is #35 ranked solution in APM tools. IT Central Station users give Micro Focus Diagnostics an average rating of 8 out of 10. Micro Focus Diagnostics is most commonly compared to Dynatrace:Micro Focus Diagnostics vs Dynatrace. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 35% of all views.
What is Micro Focus Diagnostics?
Diagnostics software monitors application transaction health in traditional, virtualized and cloud environments allowing quick isolation and resolution of issues. It gives you a common tool to easily collaborate across the entire application lifecycle and release higher-quality applications. Diagnostics software provides deep drill down into transactions from the end user through the back end. And it uniquely serves as a single tool set for pre-production and production to diagnose application performance bottlenecks quickly and improve quality.

Micro Focus Diagnostics is also known as MF Diagnostics.

Download the Application Performance Management (APM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Micro Focus Diagnostics Customers
BSkyB, Alior Bank
Micro Focus Diagnostics Video

Micro Focus Diagnostics Reviews

Ravi Suvvari
Performance and Fault-tolerance Architect with 1,001-5,000 employees
Very good for transaction level monitoring, but expensive and HP needs better support and training

What is our primary use case?

AWS cloud SAP ,Java and MQ

How has it helped my organization?

able to identify exact root cause

What is most valuable?

HP Diagnostics is a very good monitoring tool especially for transaction level monitoring -- it shows hot spots which can be drilled down to DB level, table, query, SP's, record and field level and also at Object level, Classes level,method or Augment levels instead of pinpointing bottlenecks at layer level it goes deep inside for information. It has very good tracing capabilities despite being an agent based tool compared to other agent less monitoring tools. Overall a very good tool for monitoring application diagnostics for quick and easy resolution with help of thread information.

Drills down from slow, end-user transactions to the

bottle necked component, method, or SQL statement,

helping to solve memory, exception, and other

common problems

Key features and benefits

• Automatically detects all components touched by a business process and traces them with no user intervention

• Provides complete application visibility across the application lifecycle, enabling higher application quality when applications go live

• Reduces mean time to resolution (MTTR) in your J2EE, .NET, ERP, or CRM (SAP, Oracle®, PeopleSoft) environment

• Integrates fully with HP Business Availability Center software, HP LoadRunner, and HP Performance

Center.

What needs improvement?

Price is little expensive for number of license points and HP Diagnostics trainers are not available in market and no proper support from HP for any diagnotics level queries or issues.

5 years

What other advice do I have?

Advantages:

• Find and solve more problems earlier in the life cycle

• Achieve higher quality by finding the most common application problems before applications go live

• Collect concrete data to support decisions to go live with an application

• Manage and monitor applications after they have gone live with role-based visibility to solve problems quickly

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
VA
Consultant at basistek
Good diagnostics and configuration but needs an updated interface

• "The diagnostics and configuration are the solution's most valuable aspects."
  • "The interface is very old, and not very user-friendly. Most of our clients don't like the UI."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution so that our clients can see data from us.

What is most valuable?

The diagnostics and configuration are the solution's most valuable aspects.

We can change the agent's configuration and instrumentation, and we can increase or decrease the agent's performance. These are helpful capabilities to have.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for two years.

We haven't had any issues with stability.

Technical support is good. If we have problems, we just connect through a support portal. They typically answer our questions within an hour.

The initial setup is very easy. It's not complex at all.

There are two servers in diagnostics. One of them is the Commander. Commander is our UI. And agents connect data and send it to the Commander. Between Commander and the agent, there is a Mediator server. One of our projects is developed by .net and the other platform is Java. .net agents collect data and Java agents collect data, and Mediator. Mediators send all of the data to Commander. If we have to install a new server, with just agents, it takes about two hours.

What other advice do I have?

While Diagnostics is supported by the cloud, I didn't do anything with the cloud environment.

We're a Micro Focus partner.

I'd rate the solution six out of ten. I'd rate it higher, but the product cannot support a .net core environment. Most firms use .net for core projects and we cannot help their project with this product. It's important that Micro Focus software engineers work hard on the  .net core environment for a new release.