Micro Focus Fortify on Demand OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Micro Focus Fortify on Demand is the #4 ranked solution in our list of AST tools. It is most often compared to SonarQube: Micro Focus Fortify on Demand vs SonarQube

What is Micro Focus Fortify on Demand?

Micro Focus Fortify on Demand’s application security-as-a-service is the easy and flexible way to identify vulnerabilities in your applications without additional investment in software or personnel. Allow our global team to work for you, providing support and technical expertise 24/7.

Micro Focus Fortify on Demand is also known as Fortify on Demand.

Micro Focus Fortify on Demand Buyer's Guide

Download the Micro Focus Fortify on Demand Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Micro Focus Fortify on Demand Customers

SAP, Aaron's, British Gas, FICO, Cox Automative, Callcredit Information Group, Vital and more.

Micro Focus Fortify on Demand Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Micro Focus Fortify on Demand pricing:
  • "We are still using the trial version at this point but I can already see from the trial version alone that it is a good product. For others, I would say that Fortify on Demand might look expensive at the beginning, but it is very powerful and so you shouldn't be put off by the price."
  • "Their subscriptions could use a little bit of a reworking, but I am very happy with what they're able to provide."
  • "We make an annual purchase of the licenses we need."
  • "The pricing can be improved because it is complex when compared to the competition."

Micro Focus Fortify on Demand Reviews

DV
Senior System Analyst at Azurian
Makes it easy to discover hidden vulnerabilities in our open source libraries

• "One of the top features is the source code review for vulnerabilities. When we look at source code, it's hard to see where areas may be weak in terms of security, and Fortify on Demand's source code review helps with that."
  • "During development, when our developer makes changes to their code, they typically use GitHub or GitLab to track those changes. However, proper integration between Fortify on Demand and GitHub and GitLab is not there yet. Improved integration would be very valuable to us."

What is our primary use case?

We create technology solutions for clients and on one project we were requested to use Fortify on Demand after the client had read a good report about it. They sent us the report and recommended its use.

In this case, we were using Java to program the client's solution and so we used Fortify on Demand alongside our Java development operations, for the purpose of improving the application's security.

The work we were doing for the client involved creating a billing system that they would use to manage payments and taxes for other companies in Chile. We've only used Fortify on Demand for this one client so far.

Because Fortify on Demand was so new to us, we decided to go with the trial version first and figure out the costing at a later stage.

How has it helped my organization?

Fortify on Demand has helped us more easily ensure the security of our client's application, which works with sensitive information such as payments and taxation. Without it, we would have to spend much more time finding hidden weaknesses in our code.

What is most valuable?

Another reason I like Fortify on Demand is because our code often includes open source libraries, and it's important to know when the library is outdated or if it has any known vulnerabilities in it. This information is important to us when we're developing our solutions and Fortify on Demand informs us when it detects any vulnerable open source libraries.

What needs improvement?

Similarly, I would love to see some kind of tracing solution for use in stress testing. So when we stress the application on a certain page or on a certain platform, we would be able to see a complete stress test report which could quickly tell us about weak points or failures in the application.

Further potential for improvement is that, when we deploy our Java WAR files for review in the QA area, we want to be able to create a report in Fortify on Demand right from within this deployment stage. So it might inspect or check the solution's Java WAR package directly and come up with a report in this crucial phase of QA.

I have been using Fortify on Demand for about a month or so.

Overall, we have not had any issues with stability, although we have not used it for very long.

We have had no problems with scalability in our current use case, which is only one client at the moment. As a cloud service, it has satisfied our requirements well and we haven't had any situations where scalability is an issue.

When we sent a question about the product to their support team, we had to wait a while but they did send us a response eventually. I think that they could work on reacting faster to support questions.

We have also tried SonarQube, but Fortify on Demand appealed to us more due to their source code review with emphasis on open source vulnerabilities. Fortify seems stronger in that aspect and we like to use many open source libraries in our work.

The setup is easy and it only takes about 30 minutes to perform a basic code review in Java when dealing with WAR files.

It can get more complicated when you want to fine-tune the reporting interface to give only the details that you want to see. This is because the initial configuration depends on other variables like the scope of the review, the client's preferences, the technician's preferences, and other factors.

When it comes to launching Fortify on Demand and connecting it to our codebase, it's quite easy. Getting quick reviews done on WAR files is a relatively simple procedure.

Our company implements Fortify on Demand ourselves on behalf of our client. When the client requests any changes, we then implement it for them.

We are still using the trial version at this point but I can already see from the trial version alone that it is a good product. For others, I would say that Fortify on Demand might look expensive at the beginning, but it is very powerful and so you shouldn't be put off by the price.

In our case, we are constrained by the client's budget, but others might find that the price is not too bad. It all depends on the budget.

What other advice do I have?

For us, Fortify on Demand is a good quality product that I can recommend for a few reasons, including:

• Very useful source code review and vulnerability detection.
  • Clear and easy-to-read test results and reports.
  • Good integration with other platforms during development.

I would rate Fortify on Demand a nine out of ten.

Other
RC
Security Systems Analyst at a retailer with 5,001-10,000 employees
An extremely scalable, flexible, and stable solution that reduces the overall risk and gives us assurance

• "Being able to reduce risk overall is a very valuable feature for us."
  • "They have a release coming out, which is full of new features. Based on their roadmap, there's nothing that I would suggest for them to put in it that they haven't already suggested. However, I am a customer, so I always think the pricing is something that could be improved. I am working with them on that, and they're very flexible. They work with their customers and kind of tailor the product to the customer's needs. So far, I am very happy with what they're able to provide. Their subscriptions could use a little bit of a reworking, but that would be about it."

What is our primary use case?

All in-house developed code or a third-party developed code on our behalf is scanned via Fortify on Demand. Any results for unsecure code, vulnerabilities, or issues are passed back to the development teams for remediation.

How has it helped my organization?

Secure code is an important part of our day-to-day development activities. So, having code out there gives us some reasonable assurance that it is not vulnerable or open to attack. It certainly makes our overall risk posture better.

What is most valuable?

Being able to reduce risk overall is a very valuable feature for us.

What needs improvement?

They have a release coming out, which is full of new features. Based on their roadmap, there's nothing that I would suggest for them to put in it that they haven't already suggested. However, I am a customer, so I always think the pricing is something that could be improved. I am working with them on that, and they're very flexible. They work with their customers and kind of tailor the product to the customer's needs. So far, I am very happy with what they're able to provide. Their subscriptions could use a little bit of a reworking, but that would be about it.

It is a very stable product. They are constantly updating and keeping it up to date. There are no issues.

It is extremely scalable and flexible. We scan very small applications from our in-house innovations team and all the way up to millions of lines of code from our e-commerce teams. We currently have about 50 users, but the number varies. Some development teams are fairly small, and some are fairly large.

Technical support is very good. I've never had an issue that we couldn't resolve. If we have a scan running and we need it to finish sooner, they will allocate extra resources to it if we identify. We've had very good results with their tech support.

This is the first solution that was implemented. I inherited this from somebody else. We are a government organization, so we have to do an RFP next year to renew. We'll see how it goes.

The basic scanning is not very complex. When you get into more detailed scanning such as APIs, the level of complexity is moderate. However, when you are scanning that type of application, you usually have teams available that know what to do and what the configuration needs to be. We did our first scan within two days.

It was implemented in-house. We have in-house expertise. Our strategy was basically just to stand it up and use the default settings initially with a pilot. We planned to do some pilot scans and get a good feel for the product, and then adjust accordingly on an ongoing basis.

I managed it for two years single-handedly. As we expand and add more and more applications, we are adding extra hands. If we're looking at an FTE, equivalency is probably 0.5 to 0.75 people to manage it.

Looking for a return on investment on security is a little challenging. Some CIOs might argue one way or another. Some look at it as a cost, and some look at it as cost avoidance. I'm a security professional, and I look at it as cost avoidance. So, we're avoiding breaches, people being able to manipulate the code or cause any issues, and downtime. I always look at the positives of the product. If we eliminate any of the security risks or attack factors on these products before they go live, we're doing due diligence in making sure that the product stays up and running, especially for something like e-commerce.

Their subscriptions could use a little bit of a reworking, but I am very happy with what they're able to provide.

What other advice do I have?

We plan to keep using this solution. Every year, we seem to have more and more code, and they add more and more features such as third-party library assessments, etc. Open source has become a big thing as companies try and save money, but with open source comes additional risk. This solution helps us mitigate the risk of those open-source components. So, we're using this more and more as we move forward.

The important part of this is automation. There are lots of automation options for this tool. Initially, trying to do it manually was a great start, but we kind of got lost a little bit along the way of implementing it. We should have done more automation right from the beginning, made it our standard, and created the policies. Sometimes, you put the cart before the horse. The tool does a great job, and you get lost in the results. It does provide good results and good information, but I think it's very important to have those policies and procedures in place right up front with this product. It will save you a lot of time in the end.

The biggest lesson that I have learned from using this product is that even if you have the best people, there are always vulnerabilities and things that will surprise you.

I would rate Micro Focus Fortify on Demand a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
Learn what your peers think about Micro Focus Fortify on Demand. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,721 professionals have used our research since 2012.
BK
Sr. Enterprise Architect at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good development platform integration promotes a culture of Security by design

• "The most valuable feature is that it connects with your development platforms, such as Microsoft Information Server and Jira."
  • "This solution would be improved if the code-quality perspective were added to it, on top of the security aspect."

What is our primary use case?

I have been using this solution to gain some perspective from different architectures for the security team. I do not use it every day. I do have an overview and it is integrated with our development platform.

I do work for our governance team, so whenever a project is coming I will review products. I need to connect with the project managers for testing them, and these tests include the vulnerability assessment along with other security efforts. One of the things that I suggest is using Micro Focus Fortify on Demand.

The primary use case is core scanning for different vulnerabilities, based on standards. It beings with an architect who designs a model on a security-risk advisor platform. Then you have an idea of what the obstacles are. Once the code is scanned according to standards, you figure out where the gaps are. The team then suggests what needs to be done to the code to fix the vulnerabilities. The process repeats after the code is fixed until all of the vulnerabilities have been eliminated.

When you take all of these things together, it is Security by design.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it connects with your development platforms, such as Microsoft Information Server and Jira. When a vulnerability is found then it is classified as a bug and sent to IT.

What needs improvement?

This solution would be improved if the code-quality perspective were added to it, on top of the security aspect. It would rate performance and other things. This is one of the reasons that people are interested in SonarQube. This would make it a more complete and unique platform that would be a great player in the industry.

We have been using Micro Focus Fortify on Demand over the past four years.

This is a very stable solution. Once it is deployed there are not a lot of challenges.

This platform is very much scalable in terms of integrating with other solutions.

We have about 600 developers, but I think that we have between 300 and 400 who using Fortify on Demand.

I have not been in touch with technical support from the vendor.

Our technical support team is comprised of three people. Two of them help to demonstrate the product and instruct people on how it works. The other one is connected to the development team and can help with troubleshooting issues.

We also use WebInspect, SonarQube, and other security tools in addition to this solution. The use of particular tools depends on the project and the project manager that I speak with.

Prior to working with Fortify on Demand, we worked using the code analysis capability in Microsoft Visual Studio. That is where you have things like the recommended best practices for .NET. It flags what lools like bugs.

The initial setup was quite simple.

I performed the deployment a couple of times on different platforms and it did not take much effort to set up. I also did the integration with other platforms like Microsoft Information Server and it was quite easy. You just need to know the platform that you are integrating into.

When it came time to deploy, I just had to run through the documentation on the vendor's web site. I spent one day reading it and one the second day, I did my integration. It took about eight hours that day, and I had challenges but they came from the platform that I was integrating into, like Microsoft Information Server. There were things to be done, such as converting XML files. The next day I was able to fix the problems, so in total it took me between nine and twelve hours to integrate it.

The second time that I deployed this solution it took me not more than two or three hours to repeat all of these same steps.

I had one person from Fortify to assist me with the deployment and integration with Microsoft Information Server. We also had some peers working with us. For example, I had the global head of security assurance working with me. Between us, we got everything working.

We did not evaluate other vendors beyond the solutions that we are using.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is to first get buy-in from the entire organization about adopting a culture of Security by design. Fortify on Demand can scan your code, but you need to have plans in place for what needs to be done when problems are identified. It may mean that things will have to change with regards to how code is being written. It may also require integration with other platforms. You can't just start scanning without first understanding what the security architecture is. You need to understand the vulnerabilities and all of the standards, as well. Essentially, I would recommend a security design overhaul.

Jayashree Acharyya
Executive Manager at PepsiCo
High performance, useful security scanning, but cannot operate from a Linux Agent

• "Once we have our project created with our application pipeline connected to the test scanning, it only takes two minutes. The report explaining what needs to be modified related to security and vulnerabilities in our code is very helpful. We are able to do static and dynamic code scanning."
  • "Micro Focus Fortify on Demand cannot be run from a Linux Agent. When we are coding the endpoint it will not work, we have to use Windows Agent. This is something they could improve."

What is our primary use case?

Whenever we have a new application we scan it using Micro Focus Fortify on Demand. We then receive a service connection from Azure DevOps to Micro Focus Fortify on Demand and the information from the application tested.

We are using Micro Focus Fortify on Demand in two ways in most of our processes. We are either using it from our DevOps pipeline using Azure DevOps or the teams which are not yet onboarded in Azure DevOps, are running it manually by putting in the code then sending it to the security team where they will scan it.

We use two solutions for our application testing. We use SonarQube for next-level unit testing and code quality and Micro Focus Fortify on Demand mostly for vulnerabilities and security concerns.

How has it helped my organization?

We previously only did the testing and scanning after deploying applications in production, but now we are doing it in development. We are making sure the code is safe to use in all the environments, not only in production. It has been valuable for us.

What is most valuable?

Once we have our project created with our application pipeline connected to the test scanning, it only takes two minutes. The report explaining what needs to be modified related to security and vulnerabilities in our code is very helpful. We are able to do static and dynamic code scanning.

When we are exploring some of the endpoints this solution identifies many loopholes that hackers could utilize for an attack. This has been very helpful and surprising how many vulnerabilities there can be.

What needs improvement?

Currently, when we are running a security scan or Azure DevOps pipeline Micro Focus Fortify on Demand will give an overall status. People have to click on the link to read the in-depth results. If there could be some output of the report that can be passed in the pipeline and based on that we can control the next step of the pipeline. For example, if Micro Focus Fortify on Demand is saying the report is critical, do not go any further. If we can have that critical variable as a pipeline output that can be used later it would be really helpful.

I have been using Micro Focus Fortify on Demand for one year.

We have approximately 50 applications that are using this solution and we are expanding our operation to increase usage.

We have developers, DevOps, and engineers using this solution in my organization.

We use SonarQube alongside Micro Focus Fortify on Demand.

The difference between the two is Micro Focus Fortify on Demand handles the security testing and SonarQube does more in-depth level code testing.

The initial setup was simple.

We have an internal DevSecOps team of approximately 15 people that does the implementation of the solution.

Micro Focus Fortify on Demand has saved our company money from the use of automation features. We are able to run the scans automatically from the pipeline saving us a lot of time and communication. Previously it would have taken a few days whereas now it can be completed in 10 minutes.

We make an annual purchase of the licenses we need.

What other advice do I have?

Micro Focus Fortify on Demand is a nice tool for security tests because security is important in today's world. DevOps is not the only solution we have to think of, there is DevSecOps. Fortify is helping us to scan our code at the very beginning of SDLC. I would recommend this solution to any other security tool because when we compared other tools Fortify worked well for us.

I rate Micro Focus Fortify on Demand a seven out of ten.

Fernando Carlos
Project Manager at Everis
Great cost benefit with good stability and reduces exposure and remediation issues

• "The solution saves us a lot of money. We're trying to reduce exposure and costs related to remediation."
  • "There's a bit of a learning curve. Our development team is struggling with following the rules and following the new processes."

What is our primary use case?

We're implementing DevSecOps in Fortify only a part of the big picture. We are implementing the entire secure development lifecycle.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup is a bit complex.

We could have more detailed documentation. They could offer some quick start or some extra guidance regarding the implementation.

I'd like to see more interactive application security And more IDE integration and integration with VS Code and Eclipse. I would like to see more features of this kind.

I've used this solution over the last 12 months at least.

The solution is stable. It's reliable. It doesn't crash or freeze. There aren't bugs or glitches.

We haven't tried to scale the solution just yet. As we didn't take the SaaS solution, scalability may be limited for us. I'm unsure. I can't really comment on that.

Currently, we have about 20 people on the development team.

Right now, we don't plan to increase usage.

The technical support is fine, however, it would be very helpful, especially during implementation, if there was more documentation and help surrounding setup.

We did not use a different solution previously. Before we had this solution, we were just evaluating other solutions and looking at the costs, and trying to bring in something newer, like an integrated automated secure stack, or something like that.

We found that the initial setup a bit complex. It's not exactly straightforward. For a newbie, there's a learning curve, and that can slow things down a bit.

Our deployment took about three to four months.

We only deployed in our company and we didn't use a consultant or integrator. We handled it completely in-house.

At this time, I don't have an answer on the return of investment. As far as I can see, it's necessary. If we got exposed or had a data leak it would cost the company dearly. With that in mind, while I can see there's an ROI, I can't provide an exact number.

We pay for licensing. We do pay an extra cost for implementing the infrastructure into the cloud.

I've briefly looked at Kiuwan and compared it to this solution. We also looked at Veracode.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer and we offer consulting services.

We are bringing up all the infrastructure inside GCP. It's not ready yet, and we're still implementing it. We're going to bring it up next week, probably, in terms of the infrastructure. We'll perform the SSC installation, install the controller and sensors.

The most important thing a company needs to do is to pay attention to the license calculation. They need to know how many licenses are going to be used. They need to understand the Micro Focus offer. That way, you won't be charged if you have surpassed the application limit. This is very important. That's something we faced in the past that caused a lot of problems. We needed to estimate the sizing correctly of the infrastructure. Doing that will bring value to the builds and deployments. Otherwise, you're going to spend a lot of time doing the scanning, and the developers will be very mad.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten. It's the best on the market for me.

PR
Vice President - Solution Architecture at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use and the reporting is good, but does not support dynamic application security testing

• "Fortify on Demand is easy to use and the reporting is good."
  • "The vulnerability analysis does not always provide guidelines for what the developer should do in order to correct the problem, which means that the code has to be manually inspected and understood."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Fortify on Demand as a static code analyzer. As it scans each application, it checks each line of code. When we are developing mobile applications there might be some kind of security vulnerability. One example is a check to see if information that is being transferred is not encrypted because this would be vulnerable to hackers who are trying to break into the system. We also look at whether were are using the network transport layer security.

Our overall goal at this time is to protect our mobile app because it is one of the ways that hackers can break into the system.

What is most valuable?

Fortify on Demand is easy to use and the reporting is good.

As for the static code analysis functionality, it is doing the job that it is supposed to do.

What needs improvement?

This solution cannot do dynamic application security testing. It needs to be able to simulate a situation where a hacker is trying to break into the system.

The vulnerability analysis does not always provide guidelines for what the developer should do in order to correct the problem, which means that the code has to be manually inspected and understood. Adding more information to provide a better analysis would be an improvement.

This solution would benefit from having more customization available for the reports.

We have been evaluating Fortify on Demand for close to a year.

Fortify on Demand has been stable from what I have seen. We have not had any problem with the reports, and we have not seen any instability or glitches.

In our trial, there are seven or eight applications that are relying on this solution. Different departments in our company have their own technology centers in different locations, and I am not aware of what the other departments are doing.

I have not interacted with the Fortify on Demand technical support team directly. Our own infrastructure support is the group that would deal with them. My team only communicates with our internal support.

We did not use another solution prior to starting our evaluation that includes Fortify on Demand. People were relying on some open-source static code analyzers. However, I don't think that it was very reliable.

My understanding is the this is not a difficult solution to manage and maintain.

Our server infrastructure team handles the deployment and maintenance of this solution. They update it regularly as patches or new versions are released. They look into all of the tools that we use and perform the installation, as well as manage them.

We are currently using WebInspect but it does not satisfy all of our requirements. We are continuing to research other tools from other vendors, including open-source technologies. We have not fully decided yet. Before deciding on any product or vendor, we have to look at the whole cost of procuring the product license, as well as the recurring cost.

What other advice do I have?

Fortify on Demand is a product that I recommend but the suitability of this solution depends on exactly what the requirements are. Every product has a unique feature as well as limitations with respect to what it can and can not do. What it comes down to is how the application is built, as well as the technology stack. The licensing costs are also something that needs to be considered.

Overall, it is a very good tool and it works well for what it is designed for.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

LM
Principal Solutions Architect at a security firm with 11-50 employees
A good scanner that performs different types of scans and keeps everything in one place, but it needs more streamlined installation procedure and a bit more automation

• "Its ability to perform different types of scans, keep everything in one place, and track the triage process in Fortify SSC stands out."
  • "It could have a little bit more streamlined installation procedure. Based on the things that I've done, it could also be a bit more automated. It is kind of taking a bunch of different scanners, and SSC is just kind of managing the results. The scanning doesn't really seem to be fully integrated into the SSC platform. More automation and any kind of integration in the SSC platform would definitely be good. There could be a way to initiate scans from SSC and more functionality on the server-side to initiate desk scans if it is not already available."

What is our primary use case?

Our clients use it for scanning their applications and evaluating their application security. It is mostly for getting the application security results in, and then they push the vulnerabilities to their development team on an issue tracker such as Jira.

I usually have the latest version unless I need to support something on an older version for a client. We're not really deploying any of these solutions except for kind of testing and replicating the situations that our clients get into.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

It could have a little bit more streamlined installation procedure. Based on the things that I've done, it could also be a bit more automated. It is kind of taking a bunch of different scanners, and SSC is just kind of managing the results. The scanning doesn't really seem to be fully integrated into the SSC platform. More automation and any kind of integration in the SSC platform would definitely be good. There could be a way to initiate scans from SSC and more functionality on the server-side to initiate desk scans if it is not already available.

I have been using this solution for seven or eight months.

I've never seen any issues with stability or crashing, and it looks fine to me, but I don't run it long enough to see. If I was using it as a customer, it is always possible that I would see more issues.

Usually, I just run it against a single application. I don't know how it is if you are running it across a large enterprise.

Our clients are medium to large businesses. We have a lot of Fortune 500 companies, and scalability is very important to us. Our product is made to scale to hundreds of millions of findings from various tools.

Most of what I've been doing with them is just getting help with being able to set up an environment and the license keys, and they've been pretty helpful. I haven't had many issues that required me to report a bug or a problem. I did deal with them maybe once for a tech problem, and they were very responsive. They seemed pretty good.

As compared to the other tools that I've worked with, it is probably in the middle range. It is definitely not the simplest one where you just run the installation, and it will be all done, but you also don't tend to run into too many problems that aren't easy to figure out during the install process. If you go from lowest to highest complexity, it would be right in the middle.

What other advice do I have?

It seems like a good scanner than the other ones that we support, but there are some other products such as Prisma that seem more polished and have tighter integration with different types of scanners. Whether they've acquired different scanners or build them themselves, they do seem like a cohesive product, whereas Fortify seems a little bit more like a collection of several different products.

I would rate Micro Focus Fortify on Demand a seven out of ten.

ChimaUzomba
Chief Executive & Certified Security Administrator at Boch
Reseller
Good for banking and financial institutions to manage and test product lifecycles

• "This product is top-notch solution and the technology is the best on the market."
  • "The technical support is actually a problem that needs to be addressed. Since the acquisition and merger with Hewlett Packard, it has been really hard to know who the technical or salesperson to talk to."

What is our primary use case?

We recommend this product to our customers. We act as vendors and resellers. This is actually one of the solutions we often recommend to our customers most often. Usually, this is the best choice for banking and financial institutions. It is deployed by their development team in-house. They use it to manage and test product lifecycles.

What is most valuable?

We actually find all of the product's features valuable. But at this point, we are trying to upsell by adding additional components like RAFT (Re-usable Automation Framework for Testing) to the test cycle.

What needs improvement?

Strictly in terms of this product, I think it is a top-notch solution and I think the technology is still the best on the market. What might be improved is maybe just look at the pricing. It is a bit confusing compared to other products that we also sell.

Whatever innovation they can come up with would be an excellent addition if it adds useful functionality. The only thing I can think of that they might add is something like features you can find in Codebashing that they have not yet implemented. I don't know if it has all of those features. If not, it would be useful for something like that to be added.

We have been suggesting the product since before the merger with Hewlett Packard.

This is a very stable product.

This product is scalable. Most of our customers are enterprise customers. I can point out three off the top of my head. If the product can scale to the enterprise level, it makes sense that it is quite scalable.

The technical support is actually a problem that needs to be addressed. Since the acquisition and merger with Hewlett Packard, it has been really hard to know who the technical or salesperson to talk to. Micro Focus has a whole lot of solutions that are of value in our region, but it seems that they are not doing a proper job of coordination of knowledge. There is a huge knowledge gap from the Micro Focus team in the way they support businesses. We were hoping that the transition was the thing that affected the lack of better support. But by now we should be able to point to who the person is that is in charge and the person to talk to when it comes to the various products. I really don't know anybody in charge of the technical team to help us properly with issues.

I think the initial setup for the on-demand product is straightforward. The product installed on-premises is somewhat complex. For this reason, it is better that the on-premises version is installed with the help of integrators or consultants.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend Micro Focus Fortify any day for clients who are looking for a good security solution.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Micro Focus Fortify on Demand as a nine out of ten.

Download our free Micro Focus Fortify on Demand Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.