Application Security Questions
Jan 13 2021
There are many cybersecurity tools available, but some aren't doing the job that they should be doing.
What are some of the threats that may be associated with using 'fake' cybersecurity tools?
What can people do to ensure that they're using a tool that actually does what it says it does?
Sep 24 2020
Is SonarQube is the best tool for static analysis or there are any good tools which compete with SonarQube?
On July 15, 2020, several verified Twitter accounts with millions of followers were compromised in a cyberattack. Many of the hacked accounts we protected using two-factor authentication, which the hackers were somehow able to bypass.
Hacked accounts included Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Mike Bloomberg, Warren Buffett, Kim Kardashian, and Kanye West, Benjamin Netanyahu, and several high profile tech companies, including Apple and Uber.
The hackers posted variation of a message asking follower to transfer thousands of dollars in Bitcoin, with the promise that double the donated amount would be returned.
How could Twitter have been better prepared for this? How do you rate their response?
Jan 27 2021
Many companies wonder about whether SAST or DAST is better for application security testing. What are the relative benefits of each methodology? Is it possible to make use of both?
Feb 03 2021
Let the community know what you think. Share your opinions now!
Download our free Micro Focus Fortify on Demand Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
- When evaluating Application Security, what aspect do you think is the most important to look for?
- What are the threats associated with using ‘bogus’ cybersecurity tools?
- How was the 2020 Twitter Hack carried out? How could it have been prevented?
- Is SonarQube the best tool for static analysis?
- SAST vs. DAST: Which is better for application security testing?
- What are the OWASP top 10 in 2020?