Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Performance Testing Tools. It is most often compared to Micro Focus LoadRunner Enterprise: Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud vs Micro Focus LoadRunner Enterprise

What is Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud?

Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud is a simple, smart and scalable cloud-based load and performance testing solution for agile and DevOps teams. It helps you to detect performance issues and ensure that your mobile and web apps are ready for the load. It provides an Intelligent and predictive analytics for fast problem detection and scale up to millions of user in minutes from different regions.

Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud is also known as StormRunner Load, LoadRunner Cloud, and Micro Focus StormRunner Load.

Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud Buyer's Guide

Download the Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2021

Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud Customers

Alfa Bank, N Brown Group, University of Copenhagen, McGraw-Hill, Cognizant

Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud pricing:
  • "We make use of virtual user hours. We buy time in the LoadRunner Cloud. It costs around $80,000."
  • "There is no monthly or yearly cost but rather, the fees are based on the amount of traffic that you use."

Michael Daniel
Sr. Technical Test Analyst at a educational organization with 1,001-5,000 employees
Enabled us to eliminate load generators, and automatically triggers and produces reports

What is our primary use case?

I have been using it to analyze the performance of various enterprise systems like SAP, web applications, Oracle Labs, and mobile app applications as well. The objective of the performance testing is to assess the system and whether it can withstand an actual load.

• "The fact that the solution supports multiple protocols such as open source, VuGen, TruWeb, TruClient, and SAP is very important because these protocols help us to concentrate on what is really needed to produce performance tests. If something is not supported, you have to use other tools or find other ways of assimilating loads."
  • "We are trying to put it into a complete CI/CD pipeline, but there are still some challenges when you try to run it through different protocols. The challenges are around how you can containerize applications. There are some limitations to some protocols, such as desktop. And when it comes to database testing, there are some things that we can't do through CI/CD."

What other advice do I have?

LoadRunner's Developer integration enables developers to script and run tests without leaving the developer ecosystem. It gives a complete IDE where you can develop the code and add your script. For example, if you are using a Java platform to code, and it has all the libraries and the IDE, you can integrate your load testing into your development. For us, because we don't have a single development cycle or ecosystem—we constantly move to various methods—that's where the IDE has limitations. It supports certain languages but it doesn't support everything. If we are using Go, for example, we…
Abbasi Poonawala
Vice President Derivatives Ops IT at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Offers good record and playback and endurance features

What is our primary use case?

It is all about load testing. We have to do a lot of load testing in our IT environment. In the investment banking space, you do a lot of end-to-end endurance testing, to see how to benchmark performance based on resources and the CPU memory. So, we will have to benchmark the performance based on trade volumes. Trade volumes are the basic KPI. Endurance testing needs to be done to see how many trades can be pumped in my environment. I do endurance testing.

• "The record and playback feature is the most valuable feature. It's all driven by the script, so it's a script-based tool where the background tracing starts. Java's background process does a lot of tracing. The process starts in the background. It sees what peaks of volumes that the process can handle. It's easy to use because it's script based, record, and playback. I"
  • "I would like for there to be better integration with other tools so that when you do load testing you can also do a security check."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend LoadRunner. It is an industry-leading tool. You can benchmark the volumes on the dashboard and it is easy to use. I would definitely recommend it for investment banks and certain businesses like OTC derivatives. I would rate LoadRunner an eight out of ten. It has good documentation. The recording and playback scripts can be easily done. I would like for there to be better integration with other tools so that when you do load testing you can also do a security check.
Learn what your peers think about Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Allan Beumer
Lead Performance Test Engineer at bol.com BV
Enables us to performance test our warehouse management system for peak load

What is our primary use case?

We use a warehouse management system, my company is like a Dutch Amazon. We use LoadRunner to performance test the warehouse management system for peak load. So if Valentine's Day, Christmas, or whatever comes up, we try to run all functional loads through LoadRunner Cloud and make sure the peak count can be handled by the WMS. We use it almost daily. We have peak periods where the testing will increase, but nowadays it's so busy that throughout the year, it's almost the same. It's the same high load every day and we're testing continuously. The amount of load on the system wasn't that large a… more »

• "The TruClient feature is the most valuable for us. An application with testing can only be scripted using TruClient, so it's part web-based, but it also has its own protocol combined with HTTP and HTML. So many other tools do not recognize this specific proprietary protocol. Using TruClient, we can still create scripts that cover everything that we need to cover."
  • "Reporting and analysis need improvement. Compared to the old school LoadRunner Windows application, the reporting and analysis are mediocre in LoadRunner Cloud."

What other advice do I have?

We're thinking about using LoadRunner Developer integration. We want to hand over the performance testing responsibility from our performance testing guilds to the actual feature teams, to the scrum teams, so they can do it themselves. The developers do their own performance testing in an early stage, and maybe that is a solution for that. My advice would be to look at whether you need on-premise load generators or fully on the cloud. Invest in training. It can be complex. You need some training to get started. I would rate LoadRunner an eight out of ten.
CM
Senior Performance Engineer at City of New York
Good load-testing capability can simulate hundreds of concurrent users, but the technical support should be better

What is our primary use case?

We use LoadRunner Cloud for functional testing, where we can log in online using the portal. Our primary use case is load testing, where we can simulate a scenario with more than 100 users accessing the system at the same time. This shows us things such as the performance of the system and how it reacts when multiple people are using it.

• "The most valuable feature is that we do not have to accommodate the load-testing infrastructure in our own data center."
  • "There are three modules in the system that are different products packaged into one, and they can sometimes be difficult to figure out, so they should be better integrated with each other."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing LoadRunner Cloud is to make sure that when you buy the package, it is comprehensive. All of the modules should be there, including the support package. Otherwise, it will be hard to use. In summary, all of the features that we need are there and it does everything that it is supposed to it. That said, the integration of modules and support are still in need of improvement. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Joe Inba
Database Leader at Skupos Inc.
Straightforward to use and it creates a virtual infrastructure on-demand

What is our primary use case?

I have been using LoadRunner Cloud for performance testing.

• "The most valuable feature is that you can create an infrastructure on-demand and do performance testing with it."
  • "Improvements to the reporting would be good."

SP
Technical Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good integrations, good usability and good feature sets

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution to deploy our apps to the server, for public use.

• "The usability and ability to integrate with other solutions is quite good. When I use it in on Azure, then Red Hat is the most likely solution I use. When I use AWS, then I tend to use Lambda functions. In either case, it works well and you can use it either way."
  • "I don't know of any features that should be added. The solution isn't lacking anything at this point."

What other advice do I have?

We're a customer. We don't have any business partnerships with the company. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten overall. The solution has been quite good and integrates well with other products. It has all of the features we need and isn't really lacking anything that we've noticed.