Micro Focus Network Node Manager Overview

Micro Focus Network Node Manager is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Network Management Applications. It is most often compared to SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager: Micro Focus Network Node Manager vs SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager

What is Micro Focus Network Node Manager?
Network Node Manager is network management software that unifies fault, availability, and performance monitoring to helps you improve network uptime and performance, and increase responsiveness to business needs.

Micro Focus Network Node Manager is also known as Network Node Manager, HPE Network Node Manager.

Download the Network Management Applications Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Micro Focus Network Node Manager Customers
T-Mobile, Retegal, Sentara Healthcare
Micro Focus Network Node Manager Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Micro Focus Network Node Manager pricing:
  • "I wasn't involved in the pricing, but I think it's quite expensive."
  • "The solution is priced mid-range compared to the competition."

Prem Raj
Technical Consultant / IT Architect at Alpha Data
MSP
Has the ability to carry out customized polling for certain parameters, so that is an add-on to enable a customer to utilize it efficiently

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for network monitoring, switches, routers, firewalls, all kinds of network equipment you can utilize for monitoring. It allows for multiple integrations for SNP purposes. There are many different use cases for the utilization of the product. I'm an IT architect and technical consultant and we partner with Micro Focus. I've dealt with over 1,000 customers who use the product and each organization has multiple customers and multiple users across multiple regions, in the Middle East, India, and other countries. The product is used mainly by IT managers and IT admins. It's… more »

• "You can utilize the main file from various vendors for integration."
  • "The resources utilized could be a bit higher, and that is one of the challenges that isn't optimized"

What other advice do I have?

It's important for the customer to understand his own requirements so that he can make the right decision because this network node manager has multiple components. Whether it's network monitoring, reporting, IP telephoning, or MPLS VPN. There are a lot of extensive packs available. The customer also needs to think about their requirements based on the product extension packs and how they would be deployed. These are things that need to be taken into consideration. I would rate this product a nine out of 10.
Muhammad-Bilal
Sr. Technical Analyst software services at Multilynx
Mature product but some basic requirements are missing

What is our primary use case?

We are a service provider and deploy in multiple locations such as banks and commercial organizations which have larger networks with 200 and sometimes 2,000 or 3,000 devices. Some of our customers have network teams of 25 to 30 but most have less than that, usually anywhere between five to 20 people. Most are IT admins, IT managers and workers in IT departments.

• "If you install one node on Network Node Manager and want to scale it up, it's pretty easy to create more nodes."
  • "The way the solution currently works means I'm not able to customize my own reports."

What other advice do I have?

Micro Focus is a very mature product but some basic requirements are missing and there are services that they don't offer. For example, I'm an end-user. The way the solution currently works means I'm not able to customize my own reports. I would rate it a seven out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, IBM, Broadcom and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SI
PM at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Good stability, quite mature, and capable of having all network devices in a single place

• "It's quite a mature solution."
  • "Right now, we have open tickets and they are not closing as expected."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution to others due to the fact that it's quite stable and mature. That said, there are a few improvements that can be made. Overall, I would rate it eight out of ten.
SI
PM at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Reduces the need for separate diagnostic and network monitoring tools

What is our primary use case?

We are using virtual servers. We have two servers, they are set in fail-over environments. One is active, one is waiting. I work for a very big enterprise. Any employee could technically access this tool, but only a few of them are interested. Roughly 50 people working in specific departments access this tool — mostly the network operations team.

• "We do not have any issues stability-wise."
  • "When I open a ticket, usually they respond very late. Some of the people I negotiate with seem undertrained."

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.
it_user746679
Seniorkonsulent Nettverksstøtte at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
internal causal engine keeps us updated on critical errors in our network environment

• "Most valuable function would have to the internal causal engine and its root cause analyzer which keep us updated on critical errors and incidents in our network environment."
  • "Reporting. Even though this is available in separate software (iSPI) there is potential in making the reporting more SLA-aware and more intuitive."

What other advice do I have?

Initially, keeping the default settings is wise. Get familiar with and become knowledgeable in the product before getting into advanced tweaking.
AS
General Manager at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Stable, fair pricing, but features need improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are using the solution for network monitoring.

What needs improvement?

We had some issues with some of the features, some modules are not meeting expectations. Additionally, they need to start following some of the latest trends.

I have been using the solution for approximately 7 years.

It is a stable solution.

It is a scalable product.

When we speak to the customer service about issues that we have been experiencing, they tell us that is how the solution operates, unfortunately, and we have to live with it.

What about the implementation

PankajSoni
Sr. Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It is very stable which provides quick RCA for any network faults

What is most valuable?

Real time network monitoring application: It is very stable, which provides quick root cause analysis (RCA) for any network faults.

What needs improvement?

Only to improve the GUI.

I am working on couple of products in NMS/EMS Technology. Below are the products name: Micro Focus Network Node Manager NNMi (9.2x, 10.10 and above).

Only HPE/IBM/BMC and SolarWinds tools are very stable.

No issues in tools.

Not good compared to IBM or Zenoss support.

It is fully depends on costing, customer, and…