Micro Focus Network Node Manager Overview

Micro Focus Network Node Manager is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Network Management Applications. It is most often compared to SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager: Micro Focus Network Node Manager vs SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager

What is Micro Focus Network Node Manager?
Network Node Manager is network management software that unifies fault, availability, and performance monitoring to helps you improve network uptime and performance, and increase responsiveness to business needs.

Micro Focus Network Node Manager is also known as Network Node Manager, HPE Network Node Manager.

Download the Network Management Applications Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: March 2021

Micro Focus Network Node Manager Customers
T-Mobile, Retegal, Sentara Healthcare
Micro Focus Network Node Manager Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

it_user671304
Technical architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
MSP
Jun 26, 2017
Scalability is actually one of the reasons why we picked this.

• "It gives us a good overview of what's happening in our networks and the devices in the networks."
  • "As the technologies evolve, also these solutions or the monitoring tools should evolve to cover the progress in technology, including capabilities related to monitoring of virtualized devices today, as the DNS is on the table in this way."
it_user671307
Snr System Specialist at Tieto finland
MSP
Jun 14, 2017
It gives us an overview of the network and allows us to see what happened in the past.

What is most valuable?

It gives us an overview of the network. How is it performing? Are there some problems? It allows us to see what happened in the past.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us to solve our network problems and it helps us to solve customer problems to whom we are providing IT services. I would say that it self-tested, the time it took us to repair those problems.

I have been using this solution for twenty-four years.

I has been stable for 24 years.

It provides very good scalability from 200 nodes to 30,000 nodes and from 2,500 interfaces to 60,000 interfaces.

How are customer service and technical

Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, IBM, Broadcom and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: March 2021.
476,892 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user671343
Support Manager at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Jun 4, 2017
Actually it makes our life a lot easier in identifying if you've got problematic areas.

What other advice do I have?

We base our decision of vendor really around the support issue. It's really about stability of the product you have, and your escalation levels should also be playing a role, because if you run into problems, you need to know who your friend is.
it_user671325
Associate Director at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Jun 4, 2017
We are using it for network discovery and troubleshooting enforced management.

• "Topology creation is the most valuable feature."
  • "The deployment architecture and installation part needs improvement."

What other advice do I have?

You should interact more with the customers and listen to your voice. Try to make the product better from the usability perspective.
it_user567834
Team Leader Data Center Services at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Dec 27, 2016
One controller gets all information to a single point. We need to wait a long time to get a solution for a ticket.

What other advice do I have?

I think you should take a look at it. If it fits your needs, then it's OK. But it's not the only solution. There are other alternatives. When choosing a vendor, the solution has to be a benefit to our companies. It must be a complete package. The best software turns out to be not the best thing if technical support is not good or there are other issues; then go with something else.
it_user567819
Sr Solution Architect/OSS at Etisalat
Dec 25, 2016
We can provide external customers with the ability to monitor their devices. There are scalability and performance issues.

What other advice do I have?

I have no advice unless HPE comes up with the new version of Vertica. They are moving to HPE Vertica 8, I think, for the next release. I'm expecting some improvements with Vertica, but I'm not expecting it anytime soon.
it_user567804
General Manager Strategic Programs at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Dec 14, 2016
It simplifies transactions when adopting cloud technologies.

What other advice do I have?

I work with big vendors like HPE as well as start-ups, especially now that we're on our hybrid journey. I'm using them to do backups for me on the cloud; both end-user computing backups, as well as server backups. Azure backup doesn't seem to work out for me. I think what I would really be looking at in a vendor is does the vendor vision really synchronize very well with my vision of where I want to be? What is it that I'm looking for when want something to be provided to my end customers who are our 170,000 employees out there? I have a vision. I have a roadmap. I have quarterly deadlines to…
William Linn
Enterprise System Management at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Aug 16, 2016

What is most valuable?

Effectively monitor networks physical and virtual devices. SPI's that provide functional reports and metrics. Integrates with other tools and products to give oversight of networks and systems.

How has it helped my organization?

Miss very few events. Rich reporting features.

What needs improvement?

A little better documentation, books updated like HP Network Node Manager: Getting Started.

Since NNM was version 4.

Some, but they can be worked though with HP Support.

Customer…
it_user368232
Director of System Management Design at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Jan 17, 2016
The main feature we find the most useful is that it makes a network topology map for us.
it_user110289
Test Analyst with 51-200 employees
Mar 23, 2015
Great GUIs, User-friendly and good reporting, but cumbersome license details.

What is most valuable?

The GUI and config manager.

How has it helped my organization?

The network Manager has improved incident tracking and speed of response to trouble tickets.

A year plus.

Configuration was a bit cumbersome for snmp traps on the routers and configuration of the SPIs was a little complicated.

None that I noticed.

Solarwinds was what was used by the organisation but the management decided on a unified solution IT and Telco.

It seemed a bit complex in…
it_user139164
Consultant at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Jul 12, 2014
Complete Network Monitoring solution

Valuable Features:

Multi-vendor equipment support Root cause analysis Multi-type and rich reports

Deployment Issues:

Need a good estimation of the network (manly nodes) otherwise, the system will not work correctly. Many issues can be found during deployment due to the use of many components and features by the product.

Scalability Issues:

Sizing should be estimated before deployment

Other Advice:

A complete solution for network monitoring. The cost is high comparing to its competitors, but the results are awesome.