Micro Focus UFT Developer Overview

Micro Focus UFT Developer is the #8 ranked solution in our list of top Test Automation Tools. It is most often compared to Micro Focus UFT One: Micro Focus UFT Developer vs Micro Focus UFT One

What is Micro Focus UFT Developer?

Micro Focus UFT Pro (LeanFT) is a powerful yet lightweight functional test automation solution, that supports a wide range of AUT technologies. Targeted to technical test automation engineers and developers/testers in Agile teams, Micro Focus UFT Pro (LeanFT) is fully embedded in standard IDEs and integrates naturally with the Dev and QA ecosystems.

Micro Focus UFT Developer is also known as UFT Pro (LeanFT), Micro Focus UFT Pro (LeanFT), LeanFT, HPE LeanFT.

Micro Focus UFT Developer Buyer's Guide

Download the Micro Focus UFT Developer Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2021

Micro Focus UFT Developer Customers

Walmart, Hitachi, American Airlines, PepsiCo, AT&T, Ericsson, United Airlines

Micro Focus UFT Developer Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Entity Manager at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It would be nice if this could be entirely automated. It's a complete pursuit and it's a logical pursuit working with HP.

• "It's a complete pursuit and it's a logical pursuit working with HPE."
  • "We push one button and the tests are completely executed at once, so just have to analyze and say it's okay. It would be nice if this could be entirely automated."

What other advice do I have?

They connected 2C and UC so we can use 2C for the test and UC for information.
Director Testing & Quality Assurance at Automation Development Services
Continuous testing, assessment, continuous insight and quality. LeanFT supports the entire end-to-end stack, from problem definition to solution delivery

What other advice do I have?

First, continuous assessment, continuous insight and quality, as well as testing that continues to be driven onwards. We have to think about the end-to-end stack, from problem definition to solution delivery, a solution that sees the whole end-to-end lifecycle of the application. The whole vision is important for me. The problem with automation is that, to research products, if you type in Google what you want to look at, you see a generic subset of the information that applies to you. If you’re paying for something, evaluate that against your own needs and your own company. Your choice of…
Learn what your peers think about Micro Focus UFT Developer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2021.
479,894 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Sales at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
MSP
It supports our approach in agile and DevOps deliveries.
Manager at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Gives us the ability to find and create different objects.
Test Automation Engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
We have a test automation solution that is really developer friendly. You can really use the development tools.

What other advice do I have?

Try to build a test automation framework so that part of it could be managed by the development teams. And at least the page objects should be released together with the software to test. This makes everything easier for the test automation team. And makes the test automation solution faster.
Consultant with 10,001+ employees
Being able to code tests in C# is valuable, though its stability needs to be improved.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure that you have test management at the same level as test automation otherwise money will be lost.
Technologies Consultant at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
It gives us the opportunity to introduce developer testing. They can use the same language that they're using for their unit testing.

What other advice do I have?

It depends on whether you already have a testing tool that is based on a different infrastructure, such as UFT or Selenium. Then, see how smooth the transition will be. However, to start from scratch, start with LeanFT as opposed to another solution because it can give you the power of managing your tests in ALM and the single repository so you don't have to worry about it. Once you install it, it is kind of the best tech with web-based infrastructure, so you don't have to worry about quality control and so on.
Enterprise DevOps Leader, Program Manager at a media company with 1,001-5,000 employees
I believe the main feature for using it is the flexibility across different platforms. It needs to be able to be used on Chrome, Firefox, and other browsers on Macs.

What other advice do I have?

We're still early on with our use but there are a lot of good things that have been promised. Those results have to be realized now. What has been told so far as well as the roadmap which I have been told should come into place pretty quickly.
Software QA Lead at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
It's pretty easy to set it up. I'd like it to support additional technologies.

What other advice do I have?

It's newer so it doesn't support as many technologies which makes the investment a little bit harder for us to absorb more licenses than we currently have or to justify buying any more licenses than we currently have because it only supports a certain subset of our customers.
Director, Service Transition and Quality Management at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
We use it to streamline workflow and enable productivity in a business context. I'd like to be able to do headless scripting and not just always be UI serving.

What other advice do I have?

We're still trying to get the adoption on that for the user community. It's very usable though. I rate adoption pretty high, so when people are using it, for instance, UFT, I'd definitely give that a ten because we use that a lot. I'd like to see some enhancements in the product, and we're working with HPE on that. Have a well-defined process, have a strong reporting structure, meaning in your process you want a lot of measurability. If you define your output, the reports and the questions you need to answer from what you're doing, which your process should be managing for you. In our company…
Solution Architect at a tech company with 501-1,000 employees
I'm not really a developer per say, and I was able to pick it up fairly quickly.
Software Quality Assurance Supervisor at a consumer goods company with 10,001+ employees
Overall it increases the amount of testing that gets done, with more people interacting with automating.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure your staff has the technical skill set to be able to properly use it. I guess I didn't mention that in limitations, but it is a fairly more technical tool than UFT. The UFT, I would say for a non-developer, non-technical person, UFT is easier to grasp and use than LeanFT. So you just have to make sure that skill set is there, and the background is there on your team. I like the direction that it's heading, and as I said, I'm a servant of my team and they're very excited about the product and excited to see the direction it is heading as well.
Test Automation Architect at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We needed to shift left to new development practices and we ended up using Selenium without native Java. We ended up switching to LeanFT because Selenium couldn’t handle all of our applications.

What other advice do I have?

To me, it has to be using the same tools that the developers already use and that it fits in with their workflow. Testers should be using the same tools as the developers, making the development process easier.
Technical Project Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
It helps move testing closer to the development cycle. However, future releases should support all technologies, which UFT does.

What other advice do I have?

The product is new, but builds on a solution that has a long history. Comparable products do not, in my opinion, have as large a coverage of target technologies as LeanFT has. Go for it, but do not expect that it will replace all other Test Automation products. This is a complement.
Senior Automation Engineer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Most valuable features are the ability to customize, if needed, and to integrate with ALM because its our test management. The ability to implement with Jenkins for dev ops is also a valuable feature.

What other advice do I have?

My most important criteria when selecting a vendor is compatibility with my systems, applications, platforms, and whatever apps I am using. Automate where you can and also try to shift your testing to the left. Testing management is key.
Download our free Micro Focus UFT Developer Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.