Micro Focus UFT One Overview

Micro Focus UFT One is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Functional Testing Tools. It is most often compared to Micro Focus UFT Developer: Micro Focus UFT One vs Micro Focus UFT Developer

What is Micro Focus UFT One?

Micro Focus UFT One simplifies end-to-end functional testing using intelligent test automation and embedded AI-based capabilities to accelerate testing across web, mobile, desktop, mainframe, API, and composite and packaged enterprise-grade apps.

QA and Testing teams can efficiently scale tests across distributed infrastructures and in parallel on web and mobile; script once and replay all tests with cross-browser support; and leverage a broad ecosystem of integrations from version control to continuous integration to agile and DevOps.

With support of 200+ technologies including SAP, Salesforce, Java, Citrix and more, UFT One increases test coverage from the UI to the API—and everything in between—for true multi-platform application testing.

Micro Focus UFT One is also known as Unified Functional Testing, Micro Focus UFT (QTP), QTP, Quick Test Pro, QuickTest Professional, HPE UFT (QTP).

Micro Focus UFT One is also known as UFT (QTP), Micro Focus UFT (QTP), QTP, Quick Test Pro, QuickTest Professional, HPE UFT (QTP).

Micro Focus UFT One Buyer's Guide

Download the Micro Focus UFT One Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2021

Micro Focus UFT One Customers

Sage, JetBlue, Haufe.Group, Independent Health, Molina Healthcare, Cox Automotive, and
TMNA Services

Micro Focus UFT One Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

With UFT 14.51 Micro Focus continues to improve and expand functionality
Last year I had the honor to attend the Micro Focus ADM Conference in Dallas, Texas. Participating with other users in a round table discussion, we spoke of what we loved most, and least, about the UFT automation tool feature set. The results of this meeting can be seen in UFT 14.51. Micro Focus continues to show they are listening to their user base. They are committed to making changes large and small that makes UFT more user-friendly and efficient. Here is a quick dive into product changes, some undocumented, in 14.51. Parallel Test Execution adds isolated execution With a ParallelRunner utility, scripts can be executed on up to four different browsers simultaneously. Execution can be performed from a command prompt:…
FP
Senior Digital Business Consultant at HNRG
Enables the ability to base test automation on object recognition with the possibility of managing the object repository

What is our primary use case?

Realizing more test automation scenarios and managing the entire DevOps lifecycle. Running test cases along the entire day.

How has it helped my organization?

The approach to the automation test makes the test activities more interesting and improves the software quality.

What is most valuable?

The ability to base the test automation on object recognition with the possibility of managing the object repository is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

In my opinion, the improvement of the object recognition of new technologies and the capacity to catch more performance info should be desirable.

More than five years.
Learn what your peers think about Micro Focus UFT One. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2021.
479,323 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AST at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
We use it to build an enterprise framework for functional automation with CI/CD features

What is our primary use case?

To build an enterprise framework for functional automation with CI/CD features, automate all the standalone applications, and test applications in the cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

We have used it for the web and Windows-based applications. It is very productive in terms of execution.

What is most valuable?

Supporting Windows applications and many other applications, like PeopleSoft and PowerBuilder applications.

What needs improvement?

Integrating with the CI/CD pipeline (VSTS and report generation).  I would like to have detailed description provided to test the cloud-based applications.

More than five years.
User
Using automation to perform regression testing can save us huge amount of time and resources

• "​Record and Replay to ease onboarding of new users."
  • "Object Repository Technology, which is a good mean to identify graphical components of the applications under test."
  • "With frequent releases, using automation to perform regression testing can save us huge amount of time and resources."
  • "Scripting has become more complex from a maintenance standpoint to support additional browsers."
Sr. Test Automation Engineer at NORC at the University of Chicago
UFT 14.02 resolves issues and reduces "click-itis"
UFT 14.02 resolves issues, reduces "click-itis", shows Micro Focus gets it! The new parent company of UFT, Micro Focus, is showing their user base that they get it. They really get it! Changes in this point release alone remind me of the days when QTP was under Mercury Interactive's vision. Here is a quick dive into many product changes, well beyond what is mentioned in the What’s New section of UFT’s User Guide.   Easier download At times it felt like HP had a hard time getting out of it's own way to get new users to download and try UFT with a 60 day trial license.  Micro Focus has begun to streamline that process. Here is the link to get exactly what you want. No muss, no fuss. https://software.microfocus.com/en-us/download/uft   Yes, it…
Sr. Test Automation Engineer at NORC at the University of Chicago
AngularJS support, Data Generation and New Spy feature are great, but creeping “Click-itis” sours user experience.

• "Hidden among the kitchen sink of features is a new Data Generation tool called the Test Combinations Generator."
  • "Jumping to functions is supported from any Action/BPT Component code, but not from inside a function library where the target function exists in another library file. Workaround: Select search entire project for the function."

What other advice do I have?

AngularJS support, Data Generation and New Spy features are great, but creeping “Click-itis” sours user experience. There are so many features! The tool is easy to learn, flexible, and extensive. Be sure to have new automation engineers trained beyond basic YouTube videos, and avoid on the job training. This will prevent rookie mistakes that will generate unmaintainable scripts and re-work in the future. Micro Focus provides tool training, as does Orasi and RTTS in New York.
Director of quality assurance and testing at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Makes it possible to test both the API level and the GUI across multiple technologies, mainframe to web UI

• "I like the fact that we can use LeanFT with our UFT licenses as well."
  • "I'd like to see UFT integrated more with some of the open source tools like Selenium, where web is involved."

What other advice do I have?

When selecting a vendor to work with the most important criteria would be somebody that's going to be there for the long haul. Somebody who's dependable. Somebody who has active support and supports the latest technology. As we modernize it, the technology stays fresh. If you have legacy tools like PowerBuilder and Oracle and a variety of others, not just web, then UFT is the best choice. If you're only doing web, you might be able to get away with some open source tools. But if you have a variety of technologies, UFT is great and you can also build your own keyword frameworks on top of that.
Qa engineer

• "Being able to automate different applications makes day-to-day activities a lot easier."
  • "Perhaps more coverage as far as different languages go. I'm talking more about object identification."

What other advice do I have?

To someone researching UFT: It's a very good tool. It hits other applications versus just web apps, which is one of the main things. I think that is why our company purchased it in the first place. Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: What they're currently doing, then what their outlook is, e.g., what they plan on doing to their products and how they're going to innovate them. Then just kind of base the decision off of what other companies (in the same vertical) are currently using or if they like the same products.
Principal Consultant | Contractor Manager at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
It's improved the way our organization functions by automating test cases that were previously done manually.

• "The most valuable features for us are the GUI, the easy identification of objects, and folder structure creation."
  • "It doesn't support Telerik UI controls and we are currently looking for a patch for this."

What other advice do I have?

This tool is awesome for automation even though it is expensive.
Test consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
You can automate your testing for a lot of different platforms. Scalability is a little difficult as you need to install it on the machines.

• "It's not only web-based but also for backend applications; you can also do the integration of the applications."
  • "You have to deal with issues such as the firewall and how can the tool talk with the application, i.e., if the application is on a company network and so on. That, of course, is important to figure out."

What other advice do I have?

I, myself mostly, have experience with the HPE tooling and I haven't been in the position where I could decide what tooling to choose. I'm hired because I have this knowledge but I would say usability of the tools, (i.e., how you can use it) is the most important criteria while selecting a vendor
Performance Engineer at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Principal Business Analyst at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
You get rid of manual testing, which is a huge improvement.

What is most valuable?

Well, you got just automation, basically, that's what you wanted. You get rid of manual testing, which is a huge improvement.

What needs improvement?

Well, I'm not an expert but from a deep technical perspective, it has been odd-neat, except for the small failures we had due to particular environments. I haven't got a good idea though, I'm not deep into it.

We have been using the product since 2012. We use both ALM and UFT together, as a team.

UFT is stable. Not a problem.

From my experience, UFT is scalable. Our very first project was quite a demanding project. We had a form of testing hosts of around 40…
Continuous Delivery Lead at SAI Global
Well supported and lots of resources available but has high deployment costs
Advantages: Well supported and lots of resources available who have certifications, but mostly used in Financial Institutions. Integrated add-on for Flex, Web Services, Silverlight, and Web HTML. Framework issues can be easily taken care of with Odin AXE framework, which uses XML and simple interface. Lots of resources are available who can work on and use QTP. Disadvantages: Ability to recognize complex UI and dynamic content hinders the tool. Mostly used in Data-driven web testing, which makes use of Excel sheets; easy for the user to use, but may cause issues in maintainability. Windows System only focused. Not suitable for Unix-Clones and Mac OS. High deployment costs, and later will incur maintenance costs also, as each programmer has a different coding…
Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Automated and consistent regression testing that can be triggered from ALM. I would like integration with ALM Octane.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest just taking a look at this solution and trying it. It's pretty easy to get in touch with and to have your first success with it. You will then like it and step deeper into it.
Application Delivery CTO – Group Operations and QA at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
It is accessible to people lacking technical skill. I would like to see integration with LeanFT.

What other advice do I have?

When choosing a vendor, find someone who understands your problems. Build a good relationship. Make sure you can influence the product road map. Look at it amongst other tools in the tool chain. Look at LeanFT as well.
Software Test Leader with 1,001-5,000 employees
It works on multiple platforms and technologies, including Oracle forms and Oracle DB. The licensing and pricing model is confusing.

• "The most valuable feature for me is that it works on multiple platforms and technologies."
  • "One thing that confused me, and now just mildly irritates me, is that we migrated from QuickTest Pro to HP UFT, Unified Functional Test. After we did the migration, it turned out that we didn't really have Unified Functional Test at all."

What other advice do I have?

I would tell those looking for a solution to go back to good old-fashioned tool selection based on analysis criteria. Do the homework properly and have an appropriate set of expectations. Get vendors in and have them demo against your application or specification as opposed to generically. Do the CBA appropriately and be wary of open-source tools from the point of view of maintenance and support. But, at the same time, don’t pass over on those, but embrace them. Look for a solution that would allow them to exist in a sometimes chaotic and potentially ever-changing landscape from a technology…
Technical and Functional Analyst at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
It can test the functionality of graphic visual interfaces and web services.

What other advice do I have?

If you want something that covers a lot of testing topologies, use UFT because it has a lot of features. If you are looking for something simpler, and don’t need a lot of automatic functional testing topologies, then maybe I could suggest something else.
Consultant at a tech consulting company with 51-200 employees
Bulk-object capture automatically builds data tables in order.

What other advice do I have?

It is a great alternative, and has outstanding object recognition & functionality. License cost, ease of implementation, expandability, extensibility, reusability, availability of useful code and knowledge are some of the reasons to consider switching.
Enterprise DevOps Leader, Program Manager at a media company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The integration with 3rd party products is useful. It has issues, especially during test automation for which there isn't a direct or easy solution.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely use UFT because it's a proven solution. You can at least use it for Windows desktop, or if you have mobile solutions whether it's HPE or any other mobile solutions which UFT integrates with that, it's a beautiful solution, although it has inherent problems, but you can work with that along with the HPE team.
Software QA Lead at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
The number of technologies works for us because our internal customers use the tool for testing a lot of different applications.

What other advice do I have?

Over the years, it's really gotten a lot better. The patches come out a lot more frequently now. It supports the technologies we need. HPE is currently working with us to expand the support in an area that it doesn't currently have. I guess I wouldn't go any higher than that because it's been a long time coming for it to get to that point.
Test Automation Lead/Consultant at Aspire Systems
Supports desktop, web and mobile product automation. Various formats of reporting support should be possible.
Micro Focus ALM/Mobile Center/UFT Administrator/Software Quality Analyst III at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Capable tool compared to Selenium or other testing tools available.

What other advice do I have?

UFT is a very mature product, but again, changes. This is a highly fast-paced, fast rolling field, and you have to keep up the pace with them. There are a lot of open source testers, and they do the job. UFT is a very capable tool compared to Selenium or other test tools available on the market. It can do the job is it cost effective? Investment is definitely on the higher side initially in terms of licensing cost.
QA Technical Lead at a consumer goods company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We've been able to ramp up non-technical users and have them understand how to do general debugging.

What other advice do I have?

Give it a shot, if you take the time to invest in it, it works.
Project Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We're able to automate both Windows and web applications form a single console. The product should evolve to be flexible so one can use any programming language such as Java and C#.

• "The ease of record and playback as well as descriptive programming are the most valuable features of UFT (QTP)."
  • "The product should evolve to be flexible so one can use any programming language such as Java and C#, and not just VB script."

What other advice do I have?

Go for the cheaper option of Selenium if your requirement is purely browser based testing. If not, go for UFT.
Sr. QA Engineer at a retailer with 501-1,000 employees
I was able to reduce regression and functional test times by 80%, but creating a framework that can be reused across other tests is complex and time consuming.

What other advice do I have?

If cost is not an issue, then UFT can be considered. There are other tools on the market that can do the same for less.
Engineer at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
For us, object recording is the most valuable and most used feature.

What is most valuable?

For us, object recording is the most valuable and most used feature.

How has it helped my organization?

We've used it just during a Proof of Concept period.

What needs improvement?

We noticed during our PoC that it needs parallel execution, not execution via ALM.

I used 11.5 two years ago, and I just updated to 12.51 one month ago, but I have not really used it yet.

There were no issues with the deployment.

There were no issues with the stability.

There were no issues with the scalability.

Which solution did I use previously and why did I

SAP Consultant at KCA Deutag
It allows us to use one set of tests for all systems.

What other advice do I have?

My only experience is with the product fully integrated with SAP. We are not licensed to use this as a standalone product we must connect to SAP.
Sr. SDET (Framework Architect) at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
The test execution time cycle was reduced from weeks to hours. The ability to run multiple Lean FT or UFT tests in parallel on the same machine is needed.

What other advice do I have?

It is always advisable to set the expectations right before starting any automation activity. Automation ROI is always negative for the first few months. The actual dividends of implementing automation will be reaped in the long term only. Also, automation is a continuous development/maintenance project same as application development. Without test maintenance, automated tests will not be useful in future.
QTP Analyst (Test Automation Engineer) at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
Built-in features for database connectivity and SQL queries for data retrieval are a time saver.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to find at least one experienced automation developer who previously worked with UFT to provide practical know-how to others when implementing it for the first time. Learning the basics is easy and intuitive when you receive a proper training. But using UFT the wrong way can turn out to be cost ineffective. UFT is an expensive tool that can save you a lot of time and effort and provide great value for money if used correctly, but also turn out as ineffective related to value-for-money if used the wrong way. YouTube tutorials are not the best way of training people for using…
Senior QA Engineer with 1,001-5,000 employees
The ability to run repeatable tests unattended during off hours saves lots of manual testing hours. I would like to see IDE improvements, some of which are addressed in recent versions.
Senior Automation QA Engineer at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
It's easy to use so the QA team is not required to have much programming skills.

What is most valuable?

Object repository Supported keywords API testing

How has it helped my organization?

UFT is easy to use so the QA team is not required to have much programming skills. VBScript language is also an advantage that it has.

What needs improvement?

I think that UFT should support more robust keywords to work with a low number of applications under test.

I've been using it for two years.

It often crashes.

6/10 - I posted questions on the HP forum and mostly received no feedback. I also saw that people post questions and help each other.

I used Mercury…
Software Test Specialist at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
The Object Spy feature is the most valuable to us because we can spy on controls in our mobile application and view their properties and values. I'd like a quicker version of it.

What is most valuable?

The Object Spy in UFT is very valuable for spying on controls in our mobile application and viewing their properties and values.

What needs improvement?

I would like a version that works quicker. Also, a lot of people can't afford it because it's expensive.

I've been using it for two years. Each project is different, and it is sometimes two months or six months at once.

I haven't encountered any issues with deployment.

It's stable, and there's no issues with instability.

We've scaled just fine, and there's no issues here.

How are customer

Testing Coordinator at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
​The process has helped reduce time and cost when it comes to testing a new project. The application can be buggy at times.
Test Automation Specialist at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
We were doing quarterly releases as well as maintenance releases, which is quite a lot. So this solution has saved us a lot of effort and expense.

What other advice do I have?

If you're an HP shop, you're probably going to go out and buy it. But I don't think new customers will sign on to replace, for example, Selenium. There are plenty of open-source options, and people who know how to implement UFT already know how to implement open-source codes. So I think that people who are using open source will stick with open source, and people who have significant investment inHP will stick with HP.
Test Automation Specialist with 1,001-5,000 employees
It gets along well with LoadRunner and ALM, and blends together with the ALM suite. It's rather slow in execution, running modular strips slower than other tools.

What other advice do I have?

Ask a good HP expert how you need to do it and they'll tell you how to do it.
Test Automation Engineer at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees
It bridges the coding gap by using VBScript, which is easier for less technical personnel to pick up.

What other advice do I have?

If this is the first time implementing a solution, I would say make sure to read up on what it will take to implement. Get as much knowledge ahead of time to make it smoother. To hit the ground running, it is best to organize your manual tests so that automation can begin as soon as possible. What test cases are for Smoke tests? What test cases are for Regression? Starting automation without defining the work to be completed will waste precious time -- time you are paying for idle licensing.
Test Manager at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It's the only automation technology that our core application, which is a bit special and resistant to automation, supports.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you take a good look at your approach, such as whether it's keyword driven automation, etc. Make sure you organize things that you're headed in the right direction because once you implement in a certain way, changing direction may be pretty hard. Determine also how you deal with object repositories, how you deal with sharing information, and how important the reusability of scripts is in your project.
Senior Analyst at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
A lot of our projects are repeatable, so using it with ALM, we can learn from the previous projects and determine which changes need to made for subsequent ones.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to research the full system requirements you need for the initial install. In corporate environments, once you've got it up and running, it's more difficult to get off of it. Also, plan to scale up based on projected CPU and space that you'll need to get.
Consultant I at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
We can synchronize with QC, and API automation tests can be placed into test suites and run automatically through the QC scheduler. There are times, however, when it freezes and locks out the user.
Analyst Programmer at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
We can use it to improve the productivity for some repeatable routine tasks, but there was a Java conflict during setup.

Valuable Features

It's allowed us to perform functional testing (to verify a specific action or function of code) for each product update.

Improvements to My Organization

We can use HP UFT not only in testing for each product update(s), but also to improve the productivity for some repeatable routine tasks.

Room for Improvement

We would like to see smart identification (captures a unique object during testing) work more reliably.

Use of Solution

I've used it for two years.

Our initial deployment was complex and there was a Java conflict we had to resolve.

We've had no issues with stability.

We've had no scalability issues.

We don't use HP technical support.

Initial

Principal Consultant with 51-200 employees
It's allowed business analysts to work with automation scripts without requiring them to have programming knowledge. A scanning feature, however, would help reduce the time in maintaining scripts.

What other advice do I have?

HP UFT is a popular tool used by many organizations, hence there are many forums out there to help us in case we face any challenges.
Managing Director at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It provides us with service testing, API testing, GUI testing and business process testing, although it needs better compatibility with Chrome and Safari.

What other advice do I have?

If one is looking for a software testing tool for functional parameters with an automation approach, they can go for it without any more thinking and discussion. Where there are a few up and coming open source solutions, they have limitations that HP UFT doesn't have.
Assistant System Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It's helped us reduce the time to automate 3500 test cases down to five days, whereas manually it would have taken 30 days. However, the cross-browser testing feature should be improved.
Senior Technical Engineer with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
We just finished implementing an automation framework with over 600 tests using UFT.

What other advice do I have?

Get training. Being self-taught will leave a lot of frustrating holes that training fills. You can have really bright people but they just won’t know how to use some of the features of the tool because they won’t know those features exist. As a result they can grow frustrated and mistake their lack of knowledge for shortcomings in the product.
Senior Product Development Engineer with 5,001-10,000 employees
We have better evaluation and analysis of defects using UFT integrated with ALM. However, there's not much support provided for automating applications developed on .NET.

What other advice do I have?

This product can be used for automation of websites, windows application, mobile testing and API (Application Programming Interface) test automation. People who wanted to reduce their efforts for repetitive task can use this product to automate manual tests. This helps increase the reliability and quality of testing.
Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
It allowed us to provide automation test coverage in various areas of an online web application, including web services. However, it needs CI integration with console logs.

What other advice do I have?

Setting this up from the beginning requires a lot of reading and effort spent. You need an experienced person to set the framework up and it will also take time to implement it so the ROI will be realised in the future.
Software Test Engineer at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
It allowed me to generate script that increased the number of full-process test cases from eight to 100, but when I ran the script for two or three times sequentially, the tool hung.

What other advice do I have?

You need to improve the support browsers and responsive design, and try to use newer and better languages (JS). Also, check the stability of your product(s) when you run a lot of scripts. They should reduce the price.
Sr. Test Automation Engineer at NORC at the University of Chicago
By default UFT records and stores all objects in its Object Repository.
Before we start start, let's clear up any confusion new users may have: HP's Unified Functional Tester 12.50 (UFT) is the latest version of the QuickTest Professional (QTP) formerly from Mercury Interactive. They are essentially the same product, in the same way Word 2007 and Word 2013 are the same. There are a few new features, and all the stuff you know and love is still in there. It's just that, for long time users such as myself, someone has tidied up a bit, and I can't find anything. At the end, I will discuss a few things about HP's latest product, LeanFT. Also note that I am organizing these features starting with what beginners can handle, and then what they can leverage as their skills advance. The features that are most valuable in UFT include the built in Excel data table…
Automation Engineer at HealthNow
Manual testing time has been reduced. The IDE is very user friendly.

What other advice do I have?

Support and reliability are my most important criteria when selecting a solution. Also, I would evaluate its compatibility, and HP seems to be comfortable in not having too much competition in this realm.
Test Automation Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Improved our ability to test in varied environments and browsers.

What other advice do I have?

This tool is good for programming experts.
Developer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
The next wave : QTP (I mean UFT) or Selenium?
QTP has ruled the automation tool market in the last decade. There is absolutely no doubt on this. If you have any doubt on this, (I know we are testers, doubting is in our blood. After all, we dont trust developers code as well) gather around 100 manual or automation folks and ask them how many of them have heard about QTP and take the count of who all have raised their hands ( Count it properly, some lazy folks would only raise their hand partially, fearing as if they will be hanged if they raise their hands completely). Now, ask them how many of them have heard about other tools like Watir, Squish, TestComplete, TestPartner, AutomatedQA, AutoIt, MAUI(Shhhhh… This is Microsoft Proprietory tool),Fitnesse, Cucumber, etc. The verdict is out there. QTP has been the King…
QA Expert at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Is it sane to compare Selenium with QTP?
I have seen many articles which compare Selenium (1 or 2) with QTP (or other commercial tools). But these articles miss very basic point that Selenium is a library available in variety of language while QTP has entire gamut of tools with it. So if you were to really compare QTP with Selenium then comparison should be based on the library of languages which is offered either of these tools, which in my opinion Selenium wins outright over QTP. My only intention of writing this post is not claim Selenium victory of QTP but to demonstrate how badly Selenium is compared with QTP at times. There might be things QTP would be good at doing (I left QTP long ago hence can not name any) but to disregard Selenium on the factors I listed herein is highly biased. Object spying…
QA Expert at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
QTP Sucks Selenium Rules
I decided to use Selenium because I like the freedom that you get with all the programming languages it supports and because development is usually quicker than any other testing tools I ever used! I chose Selenium IDE as my first open source automated tool. And then I worked with Selenium RC. And now Selenium Webdriver. It's the best testing tool ever!! I think QTP is sucks. Of course, QTP fanboys will immediately jump up & down stating that I don't know how to use QTP. On the contrary, I know exactly what I am talking about. Because I've been a QTP Engineer for last 6 years. As of this writing, QTP still does not support Mac OS X, and Linux, heck it still doesn't support Firefox 3.6! Are you kidding me? Well, apart from HP's snail pace development process, I have…
Download our free Micro Focus UFT One Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.