Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope Overview

Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope is the #26 ranked solution of our APM tools. It's rated 3.4 out of 5 stars, and is most commonly compared to Dynatrace: Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope vs Dynatrace

What is Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope?
SiteScope is an agentless application monitoring software that provides heterogeneous and hybrid support, quick time to value, and ease of installation, configuration, and use.

Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope is also known as Micro Focus SiteScope, HPE SiteScope, SiteScope.

Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope Buyer's Guide

Download the Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2020

Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope Customers
Vodafone Ireland, Kuveyt Turk Participation Bank
Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope Video

Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope Reviews

SagarShah1
Senior Support Manager at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Feb 19, 2020
System resource monitoring that generates automated alerts and support tickets

What is our primary use case?

We use SiteScope for monitoring of our production systems, system resources, and also some application monitoring.

• The product's ability to monitor systems and applications and send alerts and create support tickets are the most valuable features of the product.
  • It may lack some features other products in the category have like more detailed transaction tracking.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to other people considering SiteScope as a solution in this category of tools is that I think SiteScope is a good product. It is definitely useful and provides a lot of value. I do not have any other advice in terms of being an end-user because all those things are not a perspective I have on the product. In general, I would recommend SiteScope. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate SiteScope as an eight-out-of-ten.
Tuncay KALAYCI
Managed Services Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Apr 15, 2020
Useful for the system environment but integration needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

Our company manages four different city hospital environments and all of them have SiteScope but each uses a different version depending on how long ago the product was implemented. We're a government organization. We use and manage SiteScope monitoring tools in our different projects. Each project has different kinds and numbers of users. For example, one has 2,300 users, but normally we use SiteScope for the servers. Physical and virtual. SiteScope monitors 200 virtual servers in one of our projects. I'm a managed services manager and we're a customer of SiteScope.

• For the system environment, SiteScope can be useful.
  • SiteScope isn't productive if you want to monitor RAM or if you want to monitor some URL.

What other advice do I have?

People should know that if they only use SiteScope, it won't be enough. They will need to get support from other tools. For example, without HM tools, without network manager tools, it will not work. They won't get the old alerts from their environment and they will be unhappy. SiteScope alone is not enough. I would rate this product a seven out of 10.
Learn what your peers think about Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2020.
447,654 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Carl Brahms Jr
Engineer at United Airlines
May 5, 2019
The GUI is cumbersome, and it requires a Java client

What is our primary use case?

I have used SiteScope for over 10 years as a synthetic monitor for everything under the sun.

• The Monitor Templates functionality allowed us to spin up monitoring with .csv files pretty easily.
  • They have not kept up with browser security requirements or advances in GUIs, they switched to a corruptible database architecture instead of text config files.

Cost and Licensing Advice

• You have to pay for their "solution templates". Other tools do not charge you for knowledge-based monitoring bundles.
Hani Khalil
Senior Manager, Operations Excellence at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Sep 22, 2019
A solution with a very good interface, an easy initial setup and good scalability

What is our primary use case?

We are using the solution for many things.

• There's no agent you need installed on the servers. In our environment, we have some servers out of our control so we cannot manage them. We use SiteScope to monitor the availability, the resources on the servers, etc. This allows us to do this job without installing agents so there's no need to take care of anything on the server.
  • Sometimes in a huge environment, I think the documentation does not provide the required calculations so you can't know what the required set up should be. You need to test.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the product. I would suggest that those considering implementation of the solution need to study their environment first. You need to know what you're going to do before installing SiteScope. Everything needs to be prepared. Communication metrics should be ready. If your communication metrics are not ready, then SiteScope will not work with you. Once you do, however, it will be a piece of cake. Just install it and install the mutation. I would rate the solution nine out of ten.
Download our free Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.