Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope is #24 ranked solution in APM tools. IT Central Station users give Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope an average rating of 8 out of 10. Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope is most commonly compared to Dynatrace:Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope vs Dynatrace. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 36% of all views.
What is Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope?
SiteScope is an agentless application monitoring software that provides heterogeneous and hybrid support, quick time to value, and ease of installation, configuration, and use.

Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope is also known as Micro Focus SiteScope, HPE SiteScope, SiteScope.

Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope Buyer's Guide

Download the Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope Customers
Vodafone Ireland, Kuveyt Turk Participation Bank
Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope Video

Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope Reviews

SagarShah1
Senior Support Manager at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
System resource monitoring that generates automated alerts and support tickets

• "The product's ability to monitor systems and applications and send alerts and create support tickets are the most valuable features of the product."
  • "It may lack some features other products in the category have like more detailed transaction tracking."

What is our primary use case?

We use SiteScope for monitoring of our production systems, system resources, and also some application monitoring.

What is most valuable?

I think that the product's ability to monitor the systems and applications are the most valuable features. We get alerts over email if there is an issue. We can also use it for our customer support incident and problem management. SiteScope can be integrated to have tickets created automatically when the alert thresholds are breached.

What needs improvement?

We are evaluating AppDynamics as a potential solution. We want to understand how that compares to and may be better than SiteScope. So I don't know exactly at this time what can be improved, but that is why we are evaluating AppDynamics. We are taking the opportunity to compare the features in both of these products to see if SiteScope measures up to other products in the category.

At this point in the comparison, I think what I would say AppDynamics does provide one capability that I think SiteScope does not. This is the ability to track a business transaction from the client through all the layers spanning the architecture. So there is more continuity in tracking from the user to the webserver to the database. This might be something that they could consider adding to SiteScope.

So what I would like to see included most in the next release of SiteScope is the ability to do better transaction tracking. The other thing I would like to see is SiteScope should provide capabilities to display some graphs of information summaries. For example, say if I want to look at the resource utilization of a system or part of a system over a period of time, it would be nice to be able to get a quick preview of that provided in a graph to get a quick idea without a lot of other evaluation.

We have been using it for five years at least, probably more.

SiteScope is stable. We have absolutely no issues with that.

It is easy to scale. We have about one hundred users in our company who are using SiteScope. Most of them are support engineers. I have no idea about the resources needed for maintenance because that is a separate team. The demand and usage are pretty high on a daily basis, but this does not seem to adversely affect performance.

So far our experience with the product has been good enough that we have not had to contact technical support.

We did not have a different solution previously, and at the time we adopted the product we thought that SiteScope was a complete solution. It is not bad, but in the last five years, we learned more about what we might want to see in the product and what is possible with this type of product. As this is the case we are evaluating AppDynamics currently.

The main reason we are evaluating AppDynamics is because of the capabilities of business transaction tracking through the system. We think that AppDynamics will do this in a more satisfactory way for us and we do not have this feature with SiteScope.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to other people considering SiteScope as a solution in this category of tools is that I think SiteScope is a good product. It is definitely useful and provides a lot of value. I do not have any other advice in terms of being an end-user because all those things are not a perspective I have on the product.

In general, I would recommend SiteScope. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate SiteScope as an eight-out-of-ten.

Private Cloud
Tuncay KALAYCI
Managed Services Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Useful for the system environment but integration needs improvement

• "For the system environment, SiteScope can be useful."
  • "SiteScope isn't productive if you want to monitor RAM or if you want to monitor some URL."

What is our primary use case?

Our company manages four different city hospital environments and all of them have SiteScope but each uses a different version depending on how long ago the product was implemented. We're a government organization.

We use and manage SiteScope monitoring tools in our different projects. Each project has different kinds and numbers of users. For example, one has 2,300 users, but normally we use SiteScope for the servers. Physical and virtual. SiteScope monitors 200 virtual servers in one of our projects. I'm a managed services manager and we're a customer of SiteScope.

What is most valuable?

I can say for the system environment, SiteScope can be useful.It is easy to monitor using WMI protocol to get CPU,Ram and disk status. Also, you can monitor URL. Managing site scope is not as difficult as its reveal.

What needs improvement?

The tool dashboards are not good and don't meet our customers' needs. Because of this we generally use open source tools like Grafana and we also use Nagios for monitoring as a free tool. We're able to gather gather information from SiteScope or the other network tools like NMI to create a dashboard in Grafana.

When we use the OMI tool as an umbrella, and SiteScope attempts to allow that, the problem is that a technician can only do one alert from OMI. The integration doesn't work properly. We need to see it in both tools and we're unable to do that. Finally, SiteScope isn't productive if you want to monitor RAM or if you want to monitor some URL.

For additional features, I return to the dashboards. Normally Micro Focus has an integration tool, OPR, for the dashboards. It's not useful and it also needs a high source, at least 24 CPU, and at least 96 gigabyte of RAM. I doubt Micro Focus will develop SiteScope dashboards and other tool dashboards because they'll say they have another tool for it, but it's not a useful tool.

I've been using this solution for three years.

We've just had one serious integration problem between two tools, OMI and SiteScope. Other than that, it's been a very stable solution.

We've only carried out minimal scaling over the last two years. We started with 180 servers and are now up to 200. It's not much so it's difficult to judge scalability.

Maybe we were unlucky, but I don't like Micro Focus support very much. Sometimes they are good, sometimes they are bad. It depends on the products and depends on the problem.

Initial setup is reasonably simple. We've installed four times for the four different projects. It takes a short time to install one tool without any configuration. The configuration takes about a day.

We do the implementaton ourselves and then our customers deal with maintenance which is done on site.

What other advice do I have?

People should know that if they only use SiteScope, it won't be enough. They will need to get support from other tools. For example, without HM tools, without network manager tools, it will not work. They won't get the old alerts from their environment and they will be unhappy. SiteScope alone is not enough.

I would rate this product a seven out of 10.

Learn what your peers think about Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,136 professionals have used our research since 2012.
RR
Head - Development P-A-S Assurance Practice at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good infrastructure monitoring features and support, but the documentation could be improved

• "Infrastructure monitoring is the most valuable feature."
  • "I would be very interested in having transaction traceability included in the product, to give us a better view of what is really going wrong in a particular method and action."

What is our primary use case?

Our organization is focused on performance testing and we use a variety of tools for this purpose, both open-source and enterprise. We are consultants and we use these tools for our customers.

This solution is being used for infrastructure monitoring. It lets us know what might be going wrong when we subject the application to a higher load. It gives us a fair view.

It is a dockerized application where we use SiteScope to give the application performance management.

What is most valuable?

Infrastructure monitoring is the most valuable feature. There may be other features but we are focused on the performance testing execution that happens.

What needs improvement?

The setup should be simplified.

It would be helpful to have documentation on how to use this tool correctly from the beginning.

I would be very interested in having transaction traceability included in the product, to give us a better view of what is really going wrong in a particular method and action.

This would essentially mean that the tool comes packaged with complete EPM capabilities. You would not have to purchase any other product such as Dynatrace, App Dynamics, or New Relic.

If some of those capabilities could be integrated into SiteScope, it would have a very compelling value proposition.

I have been using Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope for approximately two years and we are using the latest version.

It's a stable solution. I don't have any issues with the stability of it.

Scalability is good.

We had a ticket open with Micro Focus who helped us through the entire journey, but we could use more documentation on using this tool.

They have been very accommodating to our requests.

We use a variety of tools and the choice of which to use depends on what our customer requires. If they are looking for a mature tool that fits their budget, we choose products by Micro Focus.

We have also used Gatling, JMeter, Tsung, and Neotys for the performance testing.

The installation was a bit of a challenge. It took us almost two weeks to get it up and running.

The pricing is the biggest challenge that we face.

There are open-source tools that do 90% of what LoadRunner and Micro Focus tools are able to do.

What other advice do I have?

We work on multiple models such as on-premises, and multiple deployments for our customers. More insight that could be shared would be very helpful.

We have a great partnership with Micro Focus.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Download our free Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.