Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope Overview

Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope is the #26 ranked solution of our APM tools. It is rated 3.4 out of 5 stars, and is most often compared to Dynatrace: Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope vs Dynatrace

What is Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope?
SiteScope is an agentless application monitoring software that provides heterogeneous and hybrid support, quick time to value, and ease of installation, configuration, and use.

Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope is also known as Micro Focus SiteScope, HPE SiteScope, SiteScope.

Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope Buyer's Guide

Download the Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2020

Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope Customers
Vodafone Ireland, Kuveyt Turk Participation Bank
Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope Video

Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Rakesh Kanojia
Senior Technical Pre-Sales Consultant / Project Manager (BSM) at Serviceberry Technologies
Apr 13, 2018
It can monitor over a 100 technologies with built-in solution templates

What is our primary use case?

Completely agentless solution, i.e., no agent has to be installed on any services for monitoring, hence avoiding any troubleshooting of agents.

• "SiteScope has built-in flat file DB, hence it removes the dependency of an external DB for higher stability."
  • "Has a simple setup. It can be up and running within hours."
  • "It can monitor over a 100 technologies with built-in solution templates."
  • "Direct integration with an SMS gateway for sending critical alerts to the support SME. This will help customer investing in third party middleware solutions for SMS."

What other advice do I have?

Go with a small install base (architecture) and gradually scale the solution.
PankajSoni
Sr. Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Sep 13, 2017
​Simplest tool for monitoring servers, web content, databases and other hardware

What is most valuable?

Simplest tool for monitoring servers, web content, databases and other hardware. Its dashboard is really good.

What needs improvement?

Complexity in template editing  They should provide more templates for new vendor devices.

Very stable.

No issues with the tools.

It fully depends on the costs, customer, and architect.

It was straightforward.

It depends on what the customer wants.

What other advice do I have?

Before choosing a product, I want to evaluate to check all the requirements.…
Learn what your peers think about Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2020.
448,076 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Diego Caicedo Lescano
Chief Innovation Officer at SAGGA
Aug 14, 2017
Deployment uses protocols such as NetBios, SSH, WMI, SNMP. Any device with any of these protocols will be monitored.

• "Simple deployment: The deployment uses protocols such as NetBios, SSH, WMI, SNMP, which means that any device with any of these protocols will be monitored."
  • "It could be more reliable using a database repository instead of a log repository."

What other advice do I have?

It has a wide variety of preconfigured monitors, and great capability for monitoring whatever you wish, including configuring formulas for monitoring. It is an agentless tool, and very easy to implement. For better performance, try to use another disk different than the OS. Configure HP SiteScope Restart option for releasing HW resources. Use of Regular Expressions (regex) is a valuable feature
it_user74751
IT Administrator with 501-1,000 employees
Aug 29, 2016
It has a lot of common API's out of the box, and this saves coding and maintaining these interfaces.

• "It's easy to template standard monitoring configurations, and automate monitoring configuration."
  • "Full application functionality available via the API. There are some functions you can perform managing monitors, that are only available through the UI."

What other advice do I have?

Most answer are found in the manual except for licensing, which you'll need to contact HP for. There is also the SiteScope Community edition I believe, which allows you to use the product for free to test it, but, from memory, limits you to 100 monitors I think.
it_user486648
Technical Engineer Manager at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jul 31, 2016
It's lightweight, and able to address gaps in our other monitoring tools.

• "It's a very flexible product so you can run a script out of it, even straight out of the box."
  • "More out of the box Cloud integration and capabilities."

What other advice do I have?

Don't over think it, it's a simple tool.
William Linn
Enterprise System Management at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Mar 16, 2016

• "It has multiple monitors that can be deployed OOTB, which includes basic system monitors for CPU, Disk, Memory, NIC's, etc."
    it_user364155
    Senior IT Infrastructure Specialist at Nordea
    Jan 7, 2016
    When we perform testing, it gives us a single client for selecting which monitoring data we want for later analysis of the performance of our systems.

• "It's integrated with different monitoring tools, such as AppDynamics."
    • "We'd like a uniform interface for monitoring our system, since that's the purpose of SiteScope."

What other advice do I have?

We'll probably remove SiteScope shortly because we've been using another monitoring tool in production. SiteScope is just not something we use very much of any more.
    Ravi Suvvari
    Performance and Fault-tolerance Architect with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Jul 28, 2015
    It provides monitoring of system health and sends email alerts after reaching threshold limits.

What is most valuable?

Agentless monitoring Different types of health checks Web-based UI for easy interaction End-to-end monitoring E-mail alert messages along with SMS features

How has it helped my organization?

System health check monitoring and email alerts after reaching threshold limits.

What needs improvement?

Monitor mobile health status too.

6 years

Customer Service: 7/10 Technical Support: 8/10

What about the implementation

it_user43743
    Director Technical Service - Monitoring Engineering at a recruiting/HR firm with 10,001+ employees
    Jun 28, 2015
    It allows us to run queries to deal with different cases, so that we don’t have to go back to HP to open an ER for us.

What other advice do I have?

You need to ensure that functionality meets the majority of your requirements. Quality or proposed quality of their support as well as their ability to keep ahead of the curve in terms of the technology. But remember there’s no perfect solution – you always apply the 80/20 rule and find the solution that can match your current requirements and anticipate what your future needs are. That’s why we’ve had our product for over nine years now, which shows we did a good job with our selection.
    it_user139164
    Consultant at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
    Jul 12, 2014
    Easy to use solution but complicated when it comes to details

Valuable Features:

Agentless data collection Supporting a big number of monitor metrics

Room for Improvement:

May require a dashboard for the data collected

Deployment Issues:

Easy to deploy

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was straightforward but when it comes to monitors that look deep inside details like an agent data collection solution, too many customizations and scripting is needed.

Other Solutions Considered:

HP OM

Other Advice:

This solution is a data collection solution. Its added value can't be shown unless you have a clean and clear dashboard to review data collected and correlated
    Download our free Micro Focus Voltage SiteScope Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.