AS
Deputy IT Manager at ICAPP (Americana Group)
A complete, reliable application that makes business easier

• "The good feature with the cloud is that you can access Microsoft Office from anywhere. It's integrated with Outlook, so you can edit a file in Excel, Word, or any other application and just attach it in the mail. It makes the business easier."
  • "Excel hangs many times, especially when we have equations. Excel is very heavy on the hardware, and it needs powerful hardware. I hope they can enhance the performance of Excel. Other products are working well, except for Excel."

How has it helped my organization?

Microsoft 365 Business is helping the business very much. Office 365 is reliable, full of a lot of applications, such as Word, Excel, and so on. It is very easy. Some versions are deployed on-premises, and some are deployed on the cloud.

We have around 200 users in our company. We are also a member of a group, and we have more than 3000 users all over the group.

What is most valuable?

The good feature with the cloud is that you can access Microsoft Office from anywhere. It's integrated with Outlook, so you can edit a file in Excel, Word, or any other application and just attach it in the mail. It makes the business easier.

What needs improvement?

Excel hangs many times, especially when we have equations. Excel is very heavy on the hardware, and it needs powerful hardware. I hope they can enhance the performance of Excel. Other products are working well, except for Excel.

I have been using this solution for five or six years.

The stability is very good. All Office products work fine except for Excel, which hangs many times.

We did not need technical support. We are handling our problems.

For emails, we migrated from Gmail to Microsoft mail.

The initial setup was straightforward. It takes a very short time. Deployment time depends on the application, that is, whether you are deploying the whole Office or just Excel or Word.

We are deploying our products. In our group, we have more than 100 members for deploying our products. For Microsoft products, we have around 41 members.

What other advice do I have?

I would, of course, recommend Microsoft for all people. Microsoft always meets your expectations.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business a nine out of ten. I think it's a complete application. They just need to enhance the performance of Excel.

JM
Programme Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Scalable, reasonably priced, and easy to use

• "The solution is very stable."
  • "The solution could improve the user interface a little bit to make it easier to navigate."

What is our primary use case?

We're primarily using Office 365 as a product suite, however, we do not use it from an operating system perspective. It's great for general productivity as well as for teamwork and collaboration.

What is most valuable?

The solution makes collaboration easy.

It's great for productivity.

The solution is always available and easy to use. Your files are always very safe.

The solution is very stable. It's a reliable product.

The scalability is great.

The solution is reasonably priced.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for about two years now. It hasn't been too long.

The solution is very stable. It's reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The scalability is good. You seem to be able to add as many new users as you like. From that perspective, it scales well.

We have about 15 users that regularly use the solution.

I can't speak to any experience with technical support. I've never really dealt with them directly. Therefore, I wouldn't be able to speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

As a cloud-based solution, there isn't really any installation required.

We have a license that we pay for. It renews annually.

It could be cheaper, however, in general, it's affordable.

What other advice do I have?

Since we use the cloud-based version, we're always using the latest version of the solution.

On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate the solution at a nine.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and other organizations.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft 365 Business. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
543,424 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AA
Modern Data Center and Cloud Engineer II at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
MSP
Easy to install and deploy with good scalability capability

• "The support is good."
  • "It would be ideal if the product offered more integration capabilities with non-Microsoft solutions."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for its email capabilities. We also use it for the Microsoft Office applications.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to use. You don't have to be overly technical. Any user can easily navigate the product.

The support is good.

The solution offers very good access to Microsoft Office apps.

We've found the solution to be quite scalable.

The installation and deployment were very easy.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for around three years at this point. It's been a while.

The solution is able to scale well. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so with relative ease.

We have about 400 people in our company that are currently using this solution.

We do plan to continue to use the solution and to increase usage in the future.

Technical support has been good. they are knowledgeable and responsive. We're happy with the level of service we can get.

The initial setup was not overly complex or difficult. It was simple. We found it to be straightforward.

The deployment was fast and only took about two or three days. However, I'm not 100% sure about the exact amount of time it ultimately took to complete.

I was able to handle the implementation myself. I did not need the assistance of any integrators or consultants.

We pay a yearly licensing fee to Microsoft. I cannot speak to the exact cost.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the product at a ten out of ten. We've been extremely satisfied with its capabilities.

I would recommend the solution to other organizations.

Mmusi Kekonnwe
IT Specialist Databases at Botswana Open University
A stable and scalable solution with popular applications, but the price should be better for educational institutions

• "Office products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are strong points of this solution."
  • "Microsoft Teams can be improved. It is a bit taxing on resources and is resource-heavy on the devices. When you install it on a PC, it uses a lot of memory. They should look for a better price model for educational institutions, and it should be free. We are also using Google Suite, which is free for educational institutions. They charge business people, not nonprofit institutions."

What is our primary use case?

Students use it mostly for sending emails, storing their documents, and collaborating.

What is most valuable?

Office products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are strong points of this solution.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for some time.

It is stable.

It is scalable. We have around 2,000 users, and we want to increase the usage.

We get support from Microsoft through their local dealers. Their support is fine.

We are also using Google Suite. Microsoft 365 has a price attached, whereas Google Suite is free for educational institutions. Microsoft 365 has got popular applications like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, whereas Google Suite has got similar products that do the same thing, but they are not very popular.

It was straightforward.

I installed it myself.

They are always a bit pricey. They should reduce their prices or make it free because we already have other solutions, like Google Suite, which are cheaper or free.

What other advice do I have?

If you can afford it, then go for it. It is a good product.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business a six out of ten.

JC
CIO at a aerospace/defense firm with 11-50 employees
A standard, stable, and powerful product with easy deployment

• "It is a standard and powerful tool. Because it is a standard tool, everybody uses it."
  • "Their support should be improved in terms of faster response and better resolution."

What is our primary use case?

Excel, Word, Teams, and Outlook are the main solutions that we are using.

What is most valuable?

It is a standard and powerful tool. Because it is a standard tool, everybody uses it.

What needs improvement?

Their support should be improved in terms of faster response and better resolution. The price of its license should also be improved.

We have been using Microsoft products for more than 20 years. We have a contract with Microsoft for software licensing.

It is stable.

It is scalable in the sense that if you need more users, you can increase the number of licenses. Currently, we have 16 users in our organization. We don't have any plan to increase its usage.

I don't have a lot of experience with their support, but I don't like Microsoft's support. They are not fast, and they don't provide an exact solution.

We have been using Microsoft solutions for a long time. In the beginning, we used Office 123 and WordPerfect in our company.

It is easy to install. The duration depends on the network, but generally, we can do the installation in ten minutes.

We do it ourselves. We have three people for deployment and maintenance. Two of them are engineers, but one of them is not.

The price of its license should be improved. We have a contract for three years, but we pay on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I would rate Microsoft 365 Business a nine out of ten.

CB
Surface Data Manager / Product Owner at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable, scalable, and feature-rich

• "The features such as meetings connected with Microsoft Teams and the integration is fabulous."
  • "The dashboard is an area of improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft 365 Business for emails in Outlook.

How has it helped my organization?

Having everything in one platform, that is integrated, helps us to save time. We have better Communication and Collaboration.

What is most valuable?

Managing the complete mailbox, the email thread. The features such as meetings connected with Microsoft Teams and the integration is fabulous.

It works perfectly.

What needs improvement?

The dashboard is an area of improvement. It is needed for the summary of the device. Telling how many emails you have, and what needs to be responded to.

AI-based intelligence should be more intuitive. For example, in Google, you can schedule a meeting and Google will ask you if it should schedule a meeting based on your email. It will tell you the times that are available.

I have been using Microsoft 365 Business for one year.

Microsoft 365 Business is a stable product. We have not experienced any issues with bugs or glitches.

It's a scalable product. My organization has 20,000 people who are using it.

We have not contacted technical support.

Previously, we used G-Suite, Google, and Gmail but we find that Microsoft is better.

The initial setup is quite easy for me, but it was done through my team.

I am not aware of the pricing.

We are currently evaluating MDM software for implementation in our company.

We are looking for a new product. We are doing comparisons and analyzing different products.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud
MB
Project Lead Performance Engineer & Automation at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
Reliable, stable, and scalable

• "When a company needs to expand it, it can do so."
  • "We would like to see the solution use more artificial intelligence bots in future releases."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it as a business solution. We're using it for applications such as Microsoft Word, SharePoint, Teams, et cetera.

What is most valuable?

The solution has been very stable. It's very reliable.

The scalability is good. When a company needs to expand it, it can do so.

What needs improvement?

I've used the solution for about two years now. It's been a while at this point.

We have found the solution to be very stable. It's reliable and the performance is good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

You can scale the solution if you need to.

We have more than 2,000 people on the solution currently.

We have always used Microsoft. We did not use a different solution. We likely used an earlier version of Microsoft.

I didn't take care of the implementation part of the solution. I cannot speak to how easy or difficult it was or what was involved in the process. I also cannot say how big the technical team was that rolled it out.

We pay a yearly licensing fee, however, I do not have insights into the exact costs. I don't handle anything related to licensing.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We've been pretty happy with its capabilities.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and companies mostly based on its stability.

IC
ICT Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good performance, user-friendly, and suitable for every organization

• "It is easy to use and user-friendly. Its performance is also good."
  • "Their support could be improved. They should pick the right people who are capable of resolving technical issues."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for many things such as productivity, collaboration, document management system, and apps development. They have a suite of applications.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use and user-friendly. Its performance is also good.

What needs improvement?

Their support should be improved. They should pick the right people who are capable of resolving technical issues.

I have been using this solution for four years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. In my company, we have up to 60 user accounts.

Their support should be improved. They should have people who understand what you want and are capable of resolving the issues.

The installation depends on the person who is deploying. You must have the required skills. If you don't have, you should leverage people who have the required skill. It is not a Microsoft issue. They provide the tools and documentation for the installation.

It doesn't take much time. You get the domain name ready and prepare for the subscription or the plan that you want. Microsoft will activate it quickly for you.

We did it ourselves.

It is basically software as a service. So, you pay for the software subscription. The price is based on the plan you choose. You can also leverage the help of cloud service providers.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. It is good and suitable for every organization. You have a complete suite that enables you to automate your business processes and be productive.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business a 10 out of 10.