OX
Investment Analyst at a venture capital & private equity firm with 11-50 employees
Stable, easy to access, and easy to use

• "The solution has been quite stable."
  • "Occasionally, it does go down, however, for the most part, it's fine."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for access to Outlook and One Drive.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect is that it is one the cloud and we can access it from there, which allows us access from anywhere.

The solution has been quite stable.

The solution has been very easy to use overall.

What needs improvement?

We haven't really had any issues with the solution.

Occasionally, it does go down, however, for the most part, it's fine.

The process should be a bit more seamless.

In general, I've been using the solution for ten years or so.

The stability is fine, although we have lost connectivity in the past. We just have to restart it and find that it is pretty easy to restart everything.

I haven't dealt with technical support in the past. I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive they would be.

However, if I run into any issues, I will often go to Google or the Microsoft website. I find it's pretty easy to find answers to the questions I have online, and therefore do not really need technical support.

We do need to pay a licensing fee, however, I'm unsure as to what the exact cost is or if the fees are paid monthly or annually.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. If the process was a bit more seamless, I'd give it a perfect score. However, for the most part, I'm happy with the capabilities.

VM
Business Collaboration Supervisor, Information Services at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
It is stable and easy to deploy, and it works for us

• "It is easy to deploy and do the settings. It has also been stable."
  • "Their technical support could be faster. The admin portal, report generation, and other things could also be much simpler. We can't do columns adjustment at this time. The desktop app of Teams had lots of issues recently. The web version worked fine. We had to do a lot of things in terms of infrastructure and networking. It could have been better. It is quite new, so we got to bear and go with that, and then we'll see."

What is our primary use case?

I am in charge of the collaboration piece of this. We use 365 Business as a whole. We use almost all the tools.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to deploy and do the settings. It has also been stable.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for less than a year.

It has been stable so far.

We have about 4,000 users.

They are doing a great job. We go and create a ticket, and then someone responds. If required, we are also able to escalate stuff, but their support is not that fast. It should be faster.

It is easy to deploy and do the settings.

Our infrastructure team is responsible for its upgrade and maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution, but it depends on the user base and company. We are a government organization, and it works for us. I would recommend it for other government organizations. Our county and other counties are using this solution.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business an eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft 365 Business. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
555,358 professionals have used our research since 2012.
KG
Automic Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
A stable, fast, and user-friendly solution with good integration between the applications

• "The integration between the applications is the most valuable. I can share things using my phone, computer, and OneDrive. It is very stable and fast. It is also user-friendly and scalable."
  • "It can have more integrations between the applications that are there within this product. In the newer version of Teams, there are some new features that allow you to share directly from Outlook, etc. It would be good if they continue to explore these types of integrations between applications."

What is our primary use case?

I am using Outlook, Word, and Excel. I am not using any of these tools or applications to the full extent of what they can do. I am only scratching the surface.

What is most valuable?

The integration between the applications is the most valuable. I can share things using my phone, computer, and OneDrive.

It is very stable and fast. It is also user-friendly and scalable.

What needs improvement?

It can have more integrations between the applications that are there within this product. In the newer version of Teams, there are some new features that allow you to share directly from Outlook, etc. It would be good if they continue to explore these types of integrations between applications.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is stable, and it is highly used everywhere. I didn't stumble upon any bugs in the product.

It is scalable. In my company, we currently have only one user, but in my previous company, there were 30,000 users.

I never had to use their technical support.

Its installation is really straightforward for an end-user. It took 30 minutes to one hour. The duration depends on the type of package that you have, that is, whether you have the full package with Outlook, Excel, and the rest of the applications.

I installed it myself.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I plan to keep using it.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business a nine out of ten.

EW
Technical Pre-Sales at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
A stable and scalable solution for office productivity, conferencing, and email capabilities

• "Microsoft Teams is the feature that I am currently leveraging for meetings, conferencing, and search-based functionalities. We've been able to extend some applications to Microsoft Teams."
  • "Its pricing plan should be better."

What is our primary use case?

We use its email capabilities, calendars, and office productivity applications. We use it on the main platform, and we are using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

Microsoft Teams is the feature that I am currently leveraging for meetings, conferencing, and search-based functionalities. We've been able to extend some applications to Microsoft Teams.

What needs improvement?

Its pricing plan should be better.

I have been using Microsoft 365 Business for approximately three years.

It is stable.

It is scalable and flexible. We have approximately 110 users.

We haven't contacted them yet. We haven't had any technical issues so far.

We started with Office 365. We've always been with Microsoft.

Its installation was easy. It took us a day.

We did it on our own. We had three people for its installation.

It is expensive, and its price can be better.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to other users because Microsoft is experienced in the business world. They're more competent in business processes as compared to other vendors, who are more consumer-based rather than business-functionalities-based. We plan to keep using this solution. We trust our future with Microsoft 365.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business an eight out of ten. I'm satisfied with this solution.

IR
Senior Integration Architect at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use, highly scalable, and straightforward installation

What is our primary use case?

My son uses Microsoft 365 Business in his school where they do not use books, they work fully online. They are using their laptop on a daily basis where they use applications, such as Word in order to edit, submit, and share documents with the other pupils or teachers.

What is most valuable?

Office 365 is comfortable and easy to use and sometimes important to share doments with others, it is practically an standard de facto and it is a way to be sure your documents are going to be properly read.

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

The stability is good.

I have found…

What is most valuable?

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

The stability is good.

I have found scalability good in this solution.

My company is quite Microsoft oriented for our laptops and commodity software. We have over 100,000 employees and many of them are using this solution but I am not sure the exact number.

I have needed to use the support for this solution.

We have a familiar subscription and you only need to share a link with the operating system you want to install it on. Anyone can download and install Microsoft 365 Business with a couple of clicks and it will be ready to use in a short period of time.

The price of the subscription for the solution could be less expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Microsoft 365 Business a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
SG
Co-Founder and CEO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Robust, easy to use, easy to install, and it's affordable

• "It is flexible."
  • "More integration with Cortana would be helpful."

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft 365 Business for everything. We use it for emails, backup, and messenger.

For all of the requirements that we have, we use Microsoft.

What is most valuable?

We like everything about Microsoft 365 Business.

It is easy to use.

It is flexible.

It is priced well.

It's robust, and it's on the cloud.

What needs improvement?

More integration with Cortana would be helpful. I use Cortana, but it doesn't give very contextual reminders. I would like to see it made to be more contextual and the email searching could be better.

I have been using Microsoft 365 Business for one year.

We are using the latest version.

Microsoft 365 Business is a stable solution.

We have not yet tried to scale. We are a small company with 40 people, and just over 10 are using this solution.

I have not contacted technical support.

Previously, we were using Gmail Business Suite, and because of my previous history with Microsoft, we changed.

It is very easy to install.

We only need one admin to deploy and maintain this solution.

We completed the installation ourselves. We have an IT person who does it.

Microsoft 365 Business is inexpensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business an eight out of ten.

IS
CEO at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
User-friendly, easy to install, and facilitates daily tasks including the sharing of files

What is our primary use case?

I use Microsoft 365 Business for my daily work activities, including tasks like sharing documents.

What is most valuable?

This is a user-friendly product that is easy to use. I like that its usage is widespread, and a lot of companies use it.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes we have trouble with the updates that are released.

I have been using Microsoft 365 Business for several years.

This is a stable solution and we plan to continue using it.

Microsoft 365 Business is scalable and we have approximately 200 users.

I have not had experience…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

This is a user-friendly product that is easy to use.

I like that its usage is widespread, and a lot of companies use it.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes we have trouble with the updates that are released.

I have been using Microsoft 365 Business for several years.

This is a stable solution and we plan to continue using it.

Microsoft 365 Business is scalable and we have approximately 200 users.

I have not had experience with Microsoft support.

Prior to Microsoft 365 Business, we used similar products that were also from Microsoft.

I did not have any trouble with the installation, although sometimes I have trouble with the updates.

We have an in-house team of IT specialists for deployment, maintenance, and providing internal support. There are three people in the team and they support all of our products, not just Microsoft 365.

The cost of the subscription is fair.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product and I am satisfied with the features that it has.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
AT
Head of Information Security Sector Dates Employed at a mining and metals company with 201-500 employees
Stable and easy to use but could offer better technical support

• "It's simple and easy to use."
  • "Technical support could be better."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution in our company for various organizational purposes.

I also use it personally, at home.

What is most valuable?

Overall, the solution is quite good. It's simple and easy to use. Anyone would be able to navigate through it easily.

The product is quite stable.

What needs improvement?

Technical support could be better. They aren't as helpful as they could be when we sometimes have to call them.

I've been using the solution for maybe five years or so at this point. It's been a while.

The stability of the solution is quite good. I can't recall dealing with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. The performance is reliable.

The solution can scale. We do plan to increase useage.

Right now, technical support is about average. They could be better. We'd like them to be more helpful and responsive when we have issues.

I personally haven't had any issues when directly dealing with technical support, however, I have heard stories from colleagues.

Before we chose this solution, we did not look at any other options.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer and an end-user. We don't have a business relationship with Microsoft.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. It's okay, and we are mostly happy with it, however, technical support could be better.