RR
System Manager at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Simple to use, makes tasks easier, and scalable

• "One of the most valuable features is this solution makes a lot of tasks easier, such as storing files and the maintenance of your infrastructure. additionally, the solution is easy to use."
  • "One of the only aspects that I do not like about Microsoft is that they release solutions into the market without testing them and rely on users to test them."

What is our primary use case?

We are moving most of our applications to the cloud with Microsoft 365 Business. We use many of the applications, such as OneDrive, Teams, and add-ons.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is this solution makes a lot of tasks easier, such as storing files and the maintenance of your infrastructure. additionally, the solution is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

One of the only aspects that I do not like about Microsoft is that they release solutions into the market without testing them and rely on users to test them.

I have been using this solution for more than one year.

I have had no problems with the stability of Microsoft 365 Business.

The solution in my experience is scalable.

We have approximately 3,500 Active Directory users in my organization and all of them are using Microsoft solutions.

When I started out at the company I work for we were previously using an email solution called Lotus Notes.

The installation is not my department. However, from what I have heard it seems some of it is easy, while others parts are more difficult.

The price of this solution is expensive and the price could be reduced. The licensing cost is very high because we are using an E5 license for Microsoft.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution to others.

I rate Microsoft 365 Business an eight out of ten.

AO
Cloud Ops Delivery Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to set up, and good communication tools promote collaboration between employees

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use this solution for email, but other services that we use are Teams, Yammer, SharePoint, and others. I used it in my own company, and I also use it with my clients.

How has it helped my organization?

Using the tools provided by Microsoft 365 Business has made the people in our company more collaborative. We are able to better keep in touch with each other using email, Microsoft Teams calls, chats, as well as Yammer.

What is most valuable?

The features that we find good and what we use the most are Outlook and Teams.

What needs improvement?

The dashboard can be made more user-friendly.

I have been working with Microsoft 365 Business for more than five years.

What do I think about the

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The features that we find good and what we use the most are Outlook and Teams.

What needs improvement?

The dashboard can be made more user-friendly.

I have been working with Microsoft 365 Business for more than five years.

The stability is pretty good. We have not had any issues specific to it.

Scalability has not been an issue for us. We had bought enough for our requirements and also planned for future needs, so we have not had to scale very much.

In my company, we have between 500 and 1,000 people. The client that I work for has a user base of between 4,000 and 5,000 people.

The initial setup was easy.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product and overall, it has been pretty good.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft 365 Business. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
541,708 professionals have used our research since 2012.
CM
ENTERPRISE DIGITAL ARCHITECT at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Feature-rich, scalable, easy to install and deploy

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for everything. We use it every day for our email, our OneDrive, and for our Shadow shared folder.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the easy deployment. Being a SaaS service, we don't have to do anything. The deployment is very easy.

What needs improvement?

This solution could be more secure.

I have been using Microsoft 365 Business for four years. We are using the latest version.

It's a stable solution. We have not had many issues.

Microsoft 365 Business is a scalable product and we have 300 people in our organization who are using it.…

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

This solution could be more secure.

I have been using Microsoft 365 Business for four years.

We are using the latest version.

It's a stable solution. We have not had many issues.

At this time we have no plans to increase our usage.

The problem with the technical support is the language. Most of them are from India and I have difficulties understanding their English.

I would like to see local support provided.

The installation is straightforward.

It took approximately two weeks to deploy.

We have a team of two to three engineers to maintain this solution.

We used a consultant integration service t help us with the deployment.

Licensing is on a monthly basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business a nine out of ten.

NR
Head of Business Intelligence, Analytics and Big Data Service Line at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Good ability to handle large files, a lot of online information, and useful Teams application for conferencing and messaging

• "The most important feature of Microsoft 360 Business is Teams. We use it for our conference calls and messaging. Microsoft Teams reduces the number of emails that I have to send or receive. Microsoft 365 Business has been incredibly useful during this period because of the integration of Teams with Outlook and the ability to store and handle files of large dimensions."
  • "There are some security issues with the platform, and its security should be improved. We have to re-enter the username and password sometimes, which is quite boring for us. The usability of Outlook can be improved. Currently, it is a little bit limited and old-fashioned. They should think about the concept of dealing with emails in Teams. Teams and Outlook together will make it a complete platform. The Teams application is not user-friendly on mobile phones and should be improved."

What is most valuable?

The most important feature of Microsoft 360 Business is Teams. We use it for our conference calls and messaging. Microsoft Teams reduces the number of emails that I have to send or receive.

Microsoft 365 Business has been incredibly useful during this period because of the integration of Teams with Outlook and the ability to store and handle files of large dimensions.

What needs improvement?

There are some security issues with the platform, and its security should be improved. We have to re-enter the username and password sometimes, which is quite boring for us.

The usability of Outlook can be improved. Currently, it is a little bit limited and old-fashioned. They should think about the concept of dealing with emails in Teams. Teams and Outlook together will make it a complete platform.

The Teams application is not user-friendly on mobile phones and should be improved.

I have been using this solution for more or less six months.

It is stable. It is more stable than before, and I have noticed an improvement in its stability.

I am just a user, and I don't interact with their technical support. If required, I am able to find enough material on the internet.

What other advice do I have?

As a user, it is very good. There is also a lot of helpful material available on the internet.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business an eight out of ten.

AG
Consulting Director at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Good interaction between different products, but the cloud version and the desktop version should have the same experience

• "The interaction between different products is most valuable. I use Excel, Mail, Teams, and PowerPoint, not really much else."
  • "Sometimes, it tries to be a little bit too clever in preempting things that you want to do. The settings can be pretty complicated. It has the desktop version and the cloud version. You can have settings in the cloud version that are impacting your desktop version, but you don't know because you can't see the settings like rules and other things. So, they need to think about the experience. It should be the same if you log in to the cloud or if you log in via desktop."

How has it helped my organization?

Some of the interactive stuff that is available on Teams has been useful during the pandemic.

What is most valuable?

The interaction between different products is most valuable. I use Excel, Mail, Teams, and PowerPoint, not really much else.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes, it tries to be a little bit too clever in preempting things that you want to do. The settings can be pretty complicated. It has the desktop version and the cloud version. You can have settings in the cloud version that are impacting your desktop version, but you don't know because you can't see the settings like rules and other things. So, they need to think about the experience. It should be the same if you log in to the cloud or if you log in via desktop.

I've used Microsoft products for the last 20 years. I don't know for how long have we been on the current version. The upgrades are all centralized in the companies that I've worked for.

I have contacted support, and it depends on who you get. I've had experiences where it took quite some time to get to the problem, but I've also had some really good experiences.

It was quite straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business a seven out of 10.

Microsoft Azure
AK
Sr. Manager, Strategic Initiatives at a insurance company with 201-500 employees
Plenty of functionality, highly scalable, and good technical support

• "The most valuable features I have found with Microsoft 365 Business are the functionality and the ability to utilize Excel to put together an in-depth analysis that could be shared."
  • "The Microsoft 365 Business suite could improve by adding additional template-type tools. For example, if you specifically are creating a fillable form, there are times where I did not find the right type of template that I was looking for."

What is our primary use case?

Everyone in my organization is using Microsoft 365 Business suite. We use Excel for lots of different functionalities, such as reporting. Teams, we utilize for meetings and collaboration, and to share documents within different individualized groups. Additionally, we use Word and PowerPoint.

How has it helped my organization?

Microsoft 365 Business is the standard requirement amongst organizations to have these tools in order to allow their employees to work efficiently.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features I have found with Microsoft 365 Business are the functionality and the ability to utilize Excel to put together an in-depth analysis that could be shared.

What needs improvement?

The Microsoft 365 Business suite could improve by adding additional template-type tools. For example, if you specifically are creating a fillable form, there are times where I did not find the right type of template that I was looking for.

In an upcoming release, they should add more user-friendly formatting-type tools within Word and Powerpoint. PowerPoint does a pretty good job of identifying spacing requirements and formatting, whereas Word does not do quite as well.

I have been using Microsoft 365 Business for approximately five years.

The solution is stable.

Microsoft 365 Business is highly scalable.

The technical support from Microsoft has most of the time been good, they provide resources, support on the web, and have an overall beneficial support system.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Microsoft 365 Business an eight out of ten.

SL
RPA Solutions Architect at a wholesaler/distributor with 10,001+ employees
Real-time edit and update features are useful

What is most valuable?

The feature I find most valuable is Business 365's real-time edit and updates. You can share files, and it will automatically create the link for you.

I've been using Business 365 for about two years.

So far, Business 365 has been stable. Microsoft has been around for quite some time already. However, people might think it's unstable if it hasn't been set up correctly. If the IT team hasn't configured it right, then you'll have a hard time using the product itself. That is what I felt prior to joining this company. I thought Business 365 wasn't good, but I realized that the IT team had set it up incorrectly.

What is most valuable?

I've been using Business 365 for about two years.

I think Business 365 is scalable because everything is in the cloud right now.

I haven't contacted Microsoft support. Typically, I do my own research about fixes online, so I don't need to contact Microsoft.

I'm unsure about the setup because my company laptop had the solution already installed when I got it.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Business 365 eight out of 10. It's a good product, but I can't really say whether it's the best, to be honest. But I'll rate it eight. Rating a product 10 means they don't need to improve anything. I rate it eight because Windows is constantly changing and improving it.

Hybrid Cloud
Senior System Administrator at a real estate/law firm
Usable, available, and you can connect to it from anywhere

• "It has file storage, file sharing, a provisioning box, and a SharePoint profile for each user."
  • "Updates to the SQL server with better features are needed to compete with Oracle Database."

What is our primary use case?

I decided to go with Microsoft 365 Business to be compatible with my friend's server.

What is most valuable?

This solution has everything.

It has file storage, file sharing, a provisioning box, and a SharePoint profile for each user.

It's useable, available, and you can connect to it from anywhere.

Also, I have storage and I can access my email.

What needs improvement?

The Team Exchange online needs improvement.

Updates to the SQL server with better features are needed to compete with Oracle Database.

In the next release, I would like to see more with endpoint security and with firewall security. Many other vendors are better than Microsoft in this field.

I have been using this solution for three years.

This solution is stable.

This solution is scalable.

We have approximately six hundred users working daily.

I have created tickets with the Microsoft technical team. They were good and I like the support.

The initial setup is easy and straightforward.

It took ten working days to deploy, test, implement, and to see the effects before applying it to our users.

I had a consultant integrator helping me with the implementation. We worked together.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others about this solution is to go ahead with no fear.

I would recommend this solution.

I would rate this solution and eight out of ten.