WR
Group Leader Workplace at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to scale, with excellent technical support and good stability

• "With Power BI and Power Applications you can do a lot of our automation within IT. It makes everything much quicker."
  • "The initial setup is slightly complex."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for cooperation between employees and core team operations. It's the most important use case for us.

We use it for data exchange and data storage under One Drive, for example.

What is most valuable?

The automation capabilities on offer are very good. With Power BI and Power Applications you can do a lot of our automation within IT. It makes everything much quicker.

The product allows for a good overview of our data.

The stability has been very good so far.

As a software as a service model, it is very easy to scale as required.

Technical support is quite helpful and very responsive.

What needs improvement?

The cost could be a bit better.

Policy integration could be improved in the current infrastructure and the current applications.

The initial setup is slightly complex.

There could be better integration capabilities. This could be simplified. There are lots of applications that could potentially be integrated if only the capabilities were there to do so.

In general, we don't feel that there are any missing features per se. They do have a very good offering of applications.

I've been using the solution for about three or so years. It's been a while at this point.

The solution has been very stable. We haven't had issues with bugs or glitches. I haven't found that it crashes or freezes. It's pretty reliable in terms of its performance.

We have about 8,000 users on the solution currently. It has been easy to scale for us. We haven't had any problems in that regard. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so with relative ease. It's a software as a service model, which makes it easy to scale up or down.

Technical support has been very good. They are very skillful people, and they really do try to help when you have queries. We've been very happy with the level of services we receive. They are very responsive.

The initial setup was pretty complex. There were a lot of interfaces to have a look at, and a lot of people were involved. Each had its own ideas as to how to best handle things. To bring everyone together and focused on one point was a challenge.

The deployment process took about a year.

The maintenance isn't too bad. There are just regular checkups needed here or there. It's not intensive.

We had assistance from the vendor. They were very helpful in terms of deploying the solution.

The pricing is average, however, every product is expensive. We'd like it to be less, of course.

There aren't operational costs over and above the licensing, however, there are a few costs here and there that are extra - such as implementation costs and some special requirement costs.

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and an end-user. We don't have a business relationship with Microsoft.

We use universal updates. The solution is typically on the latest version. The cloud deployment is constantly automatically updated.

I would advise potential new users to prepare carefully on the business side. It's not just the technical implementation. It's how it will be used for business. There needs to be a plan in place. The most challenging part is simply making the business as a whole - including end-users - comfortable with the product.

I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

FM
Manager, IT Special Projects at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Very stable, easy to access, and has a pretty simple set up

• "It's great that one user can log onto many different devices."
  • "The solution's ability to scale could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for mobile device management, among other things. We use the Suite, Sharepoint and Microsoft Exchange. We use Mircosoft for everything.

What is most valuable?

We use Sharepoint a lot. It's excellent.

The fact that it's on the cloud is helpful. It gives us great access.

We use the databases within Microsoft to run our applications, and it's excellent for that.

It's great that one user can log onto many different devices.

What needs improvement?

The licensing could be a lot easier. Right now it's complicated. The process has changed in that the user-mode of licensing is not very easy to manage.

The solution's ability to scale could be improved.

I've been using the solution for three years now.

The solution is relatively stable. We haven't had issues with bugs or glitches. The solution doesn't seem to crash or freeze. It's been good to us so far.

We have about 250 users on the solution right now.

The scalability is limited on the solution. It requires a bit of administration. For example, when the solution reaches a certain number of the records, you have to delete a number of them so that you can continue to use it. There should be more capacity.

I've been in touch with technical support in the past, however, not directly. We do it through a partner. I wouldn't be able to speak to the quality of their service as it's always been handled through a third party.

We did use a different solution, however, we were in the market for something new in 2016, and that's when we made the switch. Microsoft came and did a pretty good sales pitch. They sold us on their product. We clearly saw the cost-benefit of the product and we switched over.

The solution is pretty straightforward. We actually had a lot of assistance from Microsoft to implement the product. They assisted us and were instrumental in guiding us through the process.

The deployment took about one week or so.

There isn't too much maintenance required for the solution once it's set up. It's done in collaboration with a few outside entities. We have people in the company who are familiar with programming and all that who handle most of the maintenance, and then we have vendors who also come in as necessary. Microsoft helps too.

Microsoft ended up assisting us directly with the initial implementation. We had some help with integrators.

The cost the impact is low for us due to the fact that we now pay annually instead of having the same license. We've saved a bit of money, switching over to Microsoft.

I'm not sure of the exact pricing, as my colleague handled the payments.

However, I do know the licensing process is a bit complex and could be simplified.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with Microsoft.

We're working on the latest version of the solution. We get the latest version each time it comes out.

Overall, I'd recommend the solution. It's been very good to us so far and we like the way it functions.

I'd rate it eight out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft 365 Business. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
553,954 professionals have used our research since 2012.
RP
Senior Data Analyst and Project Manager at a consumer goods company with 501-1,000 employees
Good document storage and email support, and helps to keep us organized

• "All the development that they've done in Teams recently has been great."
  • "I would like to see a connection between their planner board, and a project for the web would be better."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for document storage, email, all connected platforms, instead of the Power Platform, we use that pretty heavily. We use Microsoft Project in combination with it, for communication.

How has it helped my organization?

Microsoft 365 business has helped us organize.

I'm a project manager. It helped us organize with all of our teamwork. We can go into Teams, we can set up a team that gives us the backend SharePoint, and it gives us a centralized place to communicate and go back and forth so that everybody can stay up to date.

It's easy to email the group, as well, since you have the team created.

What is most valuable?

All the development that they've done in Teams recently has been great. The enhanced collaboration, the ability to set up different spaces within Teams for a project, project creation, and the SharePoint behind it. All of that has been really great.

What needs improvement?

Communication regarding updates is an area that can be improved. They've rolled out a lot of updates right now, but we don't know that they're coming. A feature will look different or behave just a little bit differently from day to day, and while most of the updates are great, having some sort of advanced notice that that update was coming and what they changed would be helpful.

We would like some documentation regarding the updates.

I have been using this solution for five and a half years.

I am using the latest version.

Had you asked me two months ago, I would have said just fine, but I know Microsoft has had some issues recently.

I would say that it's fairly stable, but I think that all the increased traffic from COVID and people working from home has resulted in it being less stable.

Scalability is very good. It's an easily scalable solution.

We have approximately 200 users on every level of our organization and it's been extensively used.

We have plans to increase, possibly through the integration of the Microsoft Power Platform.

I have not had to connect with Microsoft support. I've been able to solve everything myself or internally.

Previously, we have not used another solution. It's pretty much been Microsoft the whole way.

The initial setup was fairly straightforward.

I didn't help set it up. I don't know what the timeline was for setting it up.

I suspect they probably used a consultant to help get everything set up, but I don't know that for sure.

We have seen a return of investment with using Microsoft 365 Business.

I am not aware of what we pay at this time.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend that they review the licensing and the abilities. It's not difficult to add to things after that, but you may get some additional features if you decide to upgrade your licensing.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten, because it does absolutely everything that I need it to, and it has the ability to do more, but it's not necessarily the most straightforward.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure
DM
Product Manager at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Easy to use, very stable, and offers good collaboration capabilities

• "Sharing screens, even on mobile devices, is great."
  • "The online and desktop versions should have the same user experience."

What is our primary use case?

It's very useful to share documents with people. You can also make some comments so people can see them and you can do that while you are working on those documents. The main use case is managing the documents and PowerPoint presentations in the company. We also use Excel and there's the possibility of working with more people on one document simultaneously.

What is most valuable?

It's very easy to work and identify with other people.

The solution is great for sharing documents and collaborating in real-time.

Microsoft Teams is a perfect way to connect with other people in order to chat in meetings, share your screen, and do other collaborative tasks.

It's very stable which is good. When you want to connect with someone, everything is always working perfectly.

Sharing screens, even on mobile devices, is great.

The initial installation is easy.

I really like this current version due to the fact that it gives you advice on how to deliver your presentations and some design ideas, which is quite helpful.

What needs improvement?

It would be helpful if the product offered a way to filter out background noise. Sometimes people connect in cafes and it's so loud in the background. If they could find a way to filter that out, so you could hear the speaker, that would be great.

It would be ideal if some applications, such as PowerPoint, were more flexible. The online and desktop versions should have the same user experience.

The purchase process needs to be streamlined. I really struggled just to purchase the solution.

I've been using the solution for more than one or two years.

The stability has been good. the product is reliable. there are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. The performance is consistent.

In terms of handling multiple people in a meeting, the scalability seems to be pretty good. Many people can join a meeting and you can still share your screen without issue.

I don't really deal with technical support. I usually turn to FAQs and look for answers there. I don't contact anyone directly.

While it was very easy to install it, it was very difficult to purchase it as I was trying to download an account, and then it said that I couldn't do it. Then, they made me download another application that was similar to an authenticator. I did it with my phone number and I couldn't do it straight away. It took me maybe more than one hour just trying to purchase it. In the end, I had to put in a Gmail email address. Then, with that, I did the authentication, and finally, I could put more of my details to prove the purchase. Overall, I didn't really like that part of the experience.

The solution was difficult to purchase. they put up too many barriers and make the process confusing.

Currently, I have a recurring monthly license.

I did not look at other options before choosing this product.

What other advice do I have?

I've used it here and there, and have recently purchased and downloaded it to my own computer.

As a cloud-based solution, I am always using the latest version.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. Mostly, I'm very happy with its capabilities.

I'd recommend it to other users.

Carlos Berganza
Telephony manager at Allied Global
Great video conferencing feature; SharePoint is a great collaboration tool

• "Valuable features are video conferencing, email, and Office suite."
  • "Video feeds cannot be disabled which is a distraction during video conferencing."

What is our primary use case?

I work for a contact center in Guatemala and this is a contact center platform. We use the 365 tools for our daily operations including email and back office tools. We're customers of Microsoft and I'm the telephony manager.

What is most valuable?

Videoconferencing using teams allowed us to keep our meeting cadence during the transition to working from home. SharePoint allowed us to keep sharing content for mobile and work from home users without breaking the company security protocols.

We completed the transition to Microsoft outlook company wide Data leak prevention policy templates added the additional security required for WFH.

What needs improvement?

We have 5,000 employees and 75% are working from home. It's very stressful when you're video conferencing and you can't disable your own video feeds. I'm always having to look at myself during a conference call. One of our consultants suggested disabling our own self video feed to reduce the stress during a long conference call. It's something small but it bothered everybody.

The other issue is when you want to connect the publicly accessible telephone network to Teams, it requires a paid service and additional models and hardware. If I invite you to a Teams session, you need to have Teams installed. It requires a specific phone connection and for you to have a phone in order to dial into the conference switch. Zoom has a pool of telephone lines already included in the base service and you can just call up the conference number without needing to install anything. That's not the case with Microsoft.

I've been using this solution for three years.

The tool works, but we have had a couple of blackouts. It was a global problem where the entire platform started behaving badly. The more you rely on the tool, the bigger the concern is for a cloud platform, but so far so good. We had a couple of issues, but that was worldwide. Of the 5,000 people in the company, probably half of them are users.

We have three people in the company responsible for setup and the actual migration, and they deal with upkeep and any problems. We'll increase use for everybody because we're continuing to work from home and this is going to be the defacto communication tool for our working from home agents.

We previously used Google but moved to Microsoft.

The initial setup was straightforward. We did it ourselves and we paid for gold support, so we just raised a couple of questions, but it was pretty straightforward. Implementation took about one month.

Employees are working from home and this solution has enabled us to continue functioning.

Licensing is on an annual basis.

What other advice do I have?

It's important to take advantage of the adoption project managers at Microsoft. Our initial setup was without hiccups, but the team at Microsoft responsible for the early adoption for a successful implementation are key. They really helped with the initial setup. When you start from zero, it's not as intuitive as you might think and it helps to have people with more knowledge to point you in the right direction. It's not rocket science, but trying to do it yourself can be a nightmare.

The product lacks features and is quite expensive so I rate this solution a nine out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud

AB
Manager at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
This is a familiar suite of business tools that you can install and use without training

• "Microsoft products are familiar to most users and intuitive to use."
  • "The Teams feature should be more flexible in integrating with other communications products."

What is our primary use case?

We take care of our business tasks and communications using the full office environment.

What is most valuable?

Teams is also a part of the Office 365 suite from Microsoft that I was actually using separately from Office before we moved to the Office 365 product.

What needs improvement?

The thing I think can be improved is the Teams functionalities. Teams software is like Zoom and it is more-or-less the same idea. It is less intuitive in comparison to what I was used to in Zoom. Zoom has a much more intuitive interface and is user-friendly in how you create meetings, how to participate, and how you invite people to join groups. You can do conference calls with many parties more easily using Zoom.

Inside the organization where everyone else also has Teams, it is a very good tool. But if I want to have someone join that is not in my organization or using another connection method like a phone number, it is tricky. You cannot dial to regular phones which is a feature that exists in Skype for Business.

The integration with other products is less fluid compared to Zoom and Skype for Business. Those products are more flexible and I am able to dial regular phones. Zoom is a much more flexible product and I may like it more because it is familiar.

I have been using the complete suite for the last seven months.

It is a mature and stable product. There are no concerns with stability.

I have no complaints about the scalability. The entire company is using the product and we are a company with about 800 employees. Maybe some people in the production areas are not using it because it is not important to their work, but all the office people are working with this tool.

We previously used other versions of Microsoft products. Let's say we have been using Microsoft products for the last 10 or 15 years, which is common practice for many companies. It is company policy and not something that I can influence. No one asked me my opinion. It was the organization's decision to move to 365. We are all using Microsoft tools.

The initial setup was straightforward. We did not use an integrator, reseller, or consultant for the deployment. We have an IT team inside our company that helps us to use the tools and do installations.

We did not need to have any very special implementation strategy. We could just install the software to start using it. There is no deployment of hardware along with the software so the implementation time is very short.

The Microsoft Office 365 suite is a pretty nice product. It is working fine, no real complaints. It is a sophisticated product. You have to explore on YouTube how to use some tricks and tips to work with it more efficiently.

What other advice do I have?

Overall I am satisfied with Office 365. It is a very convenient and common product — so nothing special to give advice about that most people do not already know. You really do not need any tools, any skills, or any special training to start using it.

Of course, later on, you can learn about some tips and tricks to enhance your experience and productivity. But in general, it is very nice.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate this product as a nine-out-of-ten.

SS
Product Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
Good productivity, a nice set of Microsoft applications on offer, and easily accessible online

• "I like the fact that everything is online. It makes the solution very accessible."
  • "I thought that Skype was a part of the product's offering, however, it's my understanding that that is not the case."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution due to the fact that we use Microsoft. We use the various applications on the solution. We use it for our business.

What is most valuable?

The storage aspect of the solution is very useful for us.

I like that all the Microsoft applications, for the most part, are a part of it - including the Microsoft Office suite of applications. Our email is also included in it. Teams may also be a part of the solution - or it might be a part of Office 360. I'm not 100% certain. Either way, it has a huge umbrella of applications under it. The solution offers close integration with each and every Microsoft product. It's important.

The productivity of the solution is very good due to the fact that so many applications are all in one place and integrated together.

What needs improvement?

The Teams product in itself needs to be improved. It's not as robust as other communication tools, such as Zoom. It's unstable and it crashes often. It's been an issue throughout lockdown. They seem to have made updates on the product and yet it hasn't really improved too much.

I've been using the solution for between six months and a year or so at this point. It hasn't been that long.

The solution is reasonably stable, aside from the Teams aspect of the solution. That part is unstable. It crashes when you use it. It's not as stable as Zoom, for example.

The scalability of Teams is limited. If you add too many people, it will crash. If you're doing a presentation and communicating with a group of people, it tends to fail. I need to send my presentations ahead of time so that I don't compromise on my delivery during a session.

Overall, the solution is used company-wide. I'm not sure how many people are on it at any given time.

I haven't dealt directly with technical support. I can't speak to how knowledgeable or responsive they are.

We have our own internal technical support team. If I need help, I would be directed to them specifically. The issues I've dealt with have all been handled internally.

We previously used WebEx.

I did not directly deal with the initial implementation. Someone handled the setup for me. I can't speak to how easy or difficult the process is or how quickly the deployment happens.

We pay a license fee in order to have this solution, however, that is handled by corporate. I don't know how many licenses we have on hand or how much we pay to Microsoft.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and end-user.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using. I don't know the version number.

I presume that we intend to continue to use the solution going forward.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. If the Microsoft Teams portion was more stable, I would rate it higher.

PO
Chief Commercial Officer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Fast implementation of business solutions, easy to set up and good integration capabilities.

• "The initial setup is pretty simple."
  • "The pricing may be a bit high."

What is our primary use case?

We are building the WorkPoint 365 solution on top of Microsoft 365. It is being used for managing all unstructured information; document management, project management, contract management, HR, quality management and any other business solution in need of document or case management. We fully integrate the solution to Teams, Outlook, Office, the Power Platform, Power BI and other business applications, incl. ERP.

How has it helped my organization?

It has made all unstructured information available anywhere, anytime. With the WOrkPoint 365 solution we have full integration between Microsoft 365 components like Teams, Power Platform, etc.

What is most valuable?

From our side, the solution's most valuable aspect is the integration to the different tools around it now - such as Power BI, Teams and Power Platform and all the other products that become a total integrated solution when you're working with WorkPoint 365.

The solution is fast and performing well.

Both on the usability side and integration side and especially around AI with Microsoft's new product VIVA, the solution is very interesting.

The initial setup is pretty simple.

What needs improvement?

The solution is improved now by adding still more AI based features, and that will of very interesting to follow. Integrating to Microsoft's new VIVA products enables fantastic new features.

We've been using the solution since the very beginning. It's been since around 2004 at this point. It's been as much as 15 years or so.

The solution is stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's good overall.

We have tools to overcome any scalability issues and the solution is in use with 1000's of users. We have a long experience with providing solutions in this space and we see customers running mission-critical solutions that have thousands of users. We have found a way around scalability issues, for us, scalability isn't a problem.

The initial setup is not overly complex. It's very easy to use for users. There's of course some consideration to think about from an IT perspective and from an architecture and governance angle, but the WOrkPoint 365 solution enables good governance.

In general, however, a company shouldn't have any issues with the implementation.

Support is available.

Many SIs have skills.

We save significant time and cost and improve quality and capacity. Th fact that all information lige documents, mails, chats drawings, etc. is available in one place is invaluable for the business.

It's competitively priced compered to what you get.

Several other technologies was evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

We are a Microsoft Gold partner.

While we deploy to the cloud, we do have clients that use the on-premises deployment model.

Our company provides functions on top of Microsoft 365. That means that we obviously fill some gaps and we have developed specific solutions for document management and cache management and project management and stuff like that. We are adding functions to Office 365 and Microsoft 365 with WorkPoint 365.

I'd advise that other organizations should think of it as a platform. It's a platform where you can actually start in one place and develop in so many other areas with WorkPoint 365.