MP
Managing Director at a sports company with 11-50 employees
Flexible, stable, and very user friendly

• "The flexibility of the solution is excellent."
  • "Microsoft Teams for Mac isn't good enough just yet. It's an aspect of the solution they can still work on."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for many office tasks which are normal Office 365 activities. This includes emails, spreadsheets, presentations, and those sorts of tasks.

What is most valuable?

The applications across office tasks are very helpful. Being able to make spreadsheets and presentations and using its email services are all very helpful.

The solution is very stable. The performance is good.

The flexibility of the solution is excellent.

We've found that the solution is very user-friendly. It's easy to navigate and isn't overly technical.

The initial setup is nice and easy.

What needs improvement?

I cannot recall coming across missing features. I don't have an opinion on what they should add to future releases.

We've basically used the solution since the very beginning. It's been a few years at this point.

We have found the stability to be very good. The performance is great. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution is quite scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so with ease.

We have about seven people on the solution, currently.

We do plan to increase usage if and when we do add staff to our organization.

I've never actually been in contact with technical support. I can't speak to how knowledgeable or responsive they are. I simply don't any experience with them.

The initial setup was not overly complex or difficult. It's very straightforward. It's easy. It shouldn't be too difficult for a company to set everything up.

I cannot recall the amount of time it took to deploy.

When it was first installed, it was done by a third-party IT supplier. I wasn't a part of the implementation.

We do pay a licensing fee to Microsoft. I can't speak to the exact cost. I cannot say if it is paid monthly or yearly.

What other advice do I have?

I'm using primarily the desktop version.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten. We've been very happy with its capabilities.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and companies.

MK
Head of Practice at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Stable and flexible with an easy initial setup

• "The installation process is very straightforward."
  • "It would be nice if we had the option to open a document even if it was created with another application."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution on a daily basis for work-related activities.

What is most valuable?

Overall, the solution is very good.

It's a stable product.

It's quite a flexible solution.

We've found the solution to be easy to use, even for those who don't necessarily always use Microsoft products.

The installation process is very straightforward.

What needs improvement?

So far, everything has been very good in terms of usage. I can't think of an area where it could be improved. It's not missing any features at all. It's quite a complete solution.

It would be nice if we had the option to open a document even if it was created with another application. For example, we use both Google Docs and Microsoft Docs. When we send documents, we need to be aware of what application the person receiving the document will be using. If I know someone is using Microsft, I'll send the document to them in Microsoft. However, it would be nice if I could send them a Google Doc and they would still be able to open and access it in Microsoft.

I've been using the solution for about four years at this point. It's been a while.

I'm not sure of how many users are on the solution currently.

It's my understanding that we do have plans to increase usage in the future.

I don't have any experience with Microsoft's technical support. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are. I don't have enough experience to form an opinion.

While we didn't previously use a different solution, we are actively using Google products currently. We use a lot of Google Docs and Google Sheets.

The initial setup was not overly complex or difficult. It was pretty straightforward and very easy.

I cannot recall how long it took to actually deeply the solution. It might have been only a few hours or so.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure which version of the solution we are using. It's my understanding that it is an older version and not necessarily the latest.

I would rate the solution at a ten out of ten. We've been quite pleased with its capabilities overall.

I would recommend this solution to other users.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft 365 Business. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,148 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MY
IT at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
Easy to use, good collaboration, storage, and sharing

• "It's painless."
  • "Lower license options should come embedded with security."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to drive our email services and for collaborations of spreadsheets or word documents.

Also, the OneDrive is used for storage, which allows you to access your files from anywhere.

The bundle we have comes with the office installation to the CCM on the user's work tools. When you are working on your documents, you can easily sync them to the one online. It is much more seamless when it comes to accessing documentation and collaborating with other people on the same projects. It is essentially what we use Office 365 for.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use.

It's painless.

What needs improvement?

If they want to encourage more usage, the pricing should be looked at. The pricing should be in a way where we can leverage the E5 functionality.

The security section of the solution is also something that is of great concern, especially now that a lot of people are doing work from home. You need the Microsoft Intune solution to help protect your documentation, your documents, and to keep your data confidential.

Lower license options should come embedded with security.

I have been using Microsoft 365 Business for a few years.

In terms of it being scalable, you can practically use it for anything you want to use it for.

We have approximately 480 staff members who are using it.

Everyone has a mailbox account.

I have not contacted technical support. It's pretty straightforward. We have a lot of resources online to guide you.

We have not called Microsoft for anything.

It's a cloud-based solution, so there really isn't any installation. You are given admin credentials.

You can download the office tools from the cloud and you can apply your licenses to start working and activate your account.

It is quite expensive.

If I wanted to improve it, I would look at the way they price their models, for example, Microsoft is breaking the license models into sections such as E1, E3, and E5.

The E5 license is quite expensive. Most of our users have an E3 license essentially due to cost.

What other advice do I have?

I think that Microsoft Office is the number one solution for organizations. I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business a nine out of ten.

MG
Senior Account Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Easy to integrate, problem-free, and widely used across companies

• "The integration with all of the combinations of tools has been problem-free so far."
  • "The solution could be a bit more mobile-friendly."

What is most valuable?

The integration has been easy. The integration with all of the combinations of tools has been problem-free so far.

It's a pretty ubiquitous product. Most companies use it for many tasks within their organization.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be a bit more mobile-friendly. It's easier to use on a desktop or laptop. It's a bit different on the phone.

The applications could be more user-friendly for end-users - and this is especially true for the mobile version as everyone is doing everything on their phone these days. If there's something urgent, if you're on a vacation or something, you have to send an emergent presentation, an important proposal, something like that, you tend to use your phone. That's why they have to improve the licensing regarding mobile apps.

We've used the solution since the company started, which is 2014. It's been seven or so years now.

We have about 100 users on the solution. We're still a small to mid-size organization.

We use it across all departments, including marketing, HR, and finance. The C-level sales department also uses it a lot. We have a technical team and the pre-sales team as our job functions or our scope involves implementation for customers. We provide and implement new solutions, et cetera.

We also are a Microsoft partner. We started with Microsoft 365 first. We didn't use Gmail or any other solutions for security reasons. We've been using Microsoft 365 since the beginning.

What other advice do I have?

We are users and we are also Microsoft partners. We're resellers.

I'm not sure which version we're using at the moment. Our technical team would track that level of detail. Likely, it's the latest update. It depends on our work rotation. We have to do the batching and we have to download all the new batches for security reasons as we have infrastructure and architecture that concerns our customers. That's why we're used to updating all of our applications and handling batching from the security layers. We use a cloud deployment.

For most companies, it's the core of their business. That's why I would rate it at a ten out of ten.

MA
Marketing & Sales Services at a pharma/biotech company with 201-500 employees
A flexible solution which is stable, scalable and boasts good tech support and easy installation

• "I consider the installation to have been very easy."
  • "The solution should have better integration with other platforms."

What is our primary use case?

The solution can be used for everything, including shared point outlook and recommendations teams.

What is most valuable?

The solution's best feature is its flexibility.

What needs improvement?

The solution should have better integration with other platforms.

We are making a huge financial investment in processing that system and in finding the right software solution. We are trying to optimize this process and to find the ideal solution for  integrating our Microsoft software with the rest of our processing systems

I have been working with Microsoft 365 Business for five or six months, although I believe that my company, in which I am new, has been doing so for five or ten years.

The solution is definitely stable.

The solution is definitely scalable.

Tech support is fine.

When I encounter a problem, I get in touch with the IT department and they resolve it for me. As such, I do not have a clear picture of the response time. I can say that Microsoft's response time is very fast.

I consider the installation to have been very easy.

It took 30 minutes per day.

The installation can be done on one's own.

When it comes to the deployment and maintenance of the solution, we are talking about a big organization. As such, we have 40 people in management roles, 20 in engineering and several workers in the production department who use the solution.

The licensing of the solution is monthly.

What other advice do I have?

While I don't have a clear picture of the financial outlay we are making for this kind of software, I believe that it can cover everything, including the processing of that system and that which relates to our CAC customers. All things considered, the software can support all of our use needs during our work time.

We will certainly continue to use the solution.

I would absolutely recommend the solution to others. It is easy to use, which is its greatest feature.

There are around 1,000 customers making use of the solution in our organization.

I would estimate that 90 percent of our workforce makes use of the solution.

I, for sure, have plans to continue using the solution.

I rate Microsoft 365 Business as a nine out of ten.

DHANASHRI LANDGE
Senior Research Analyst at MarketsandMarkets
Interactive, easy to use, and flexible

• "In terms of user experience, it is very easy to use and flexible. It is more interactive as compared to the other tools that we have. Its features are more useful than other software solutions."
  • "For the past six months, I have been facing a synchronization issue between the calendar of Microsoft Teams and the calendar of Microsoft Outlook. In Microsoft Teams, I can't see the updated version of some meetings, but Outlook shows the updated version. There is a problem with data synchronization between the calendars of these applications. Both calendars should be synchronized."

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

For the past six months, I have been facing a synchronization issue between the calendar of Microsoft Teams and the calendar of Microsoft Outlook. In Microsoft Teams, I can't see the updated version of some meetings, but Outlook shows the updated version. There is a problem with data synchronization between the calendars of these applications. Both calendars should be synchronized.

In Microsoft Teams, more controls should be added in terms of broadcasting and webcasting. Sometimes, there is a lag in shifting control and transferring the content to an audience with more than 500 people. They should make it more usable for a large audience. We frequently conduct training sessions with more than 500 people. We also have annual meetings and collaboration with different teams on a single platform, and it gets difficult to shift the control of the presentation to another team. It currently takes a lot of time, which is not helpful when most of the people are attending meetings outside of their office hours. Zoom is comparatively easy for training programs and broadcasting.

I have been using this solution for four and a half years. I believe we are using the latest version. It was updated by my company last month.

It was straightforward. We did not do much in terms of the steps. In terms of help from Microsoft for installation, we had technology support teams that made the setup easier.

We were facing issues with the legacy infrastructure. We were not able to leverage some of the features because of the legacy infrastructure and the origin of the licenses for them. That's the reason why we asked for additional support. Their technical staff upgraded the infrastructure, and we then changed the licensing and updated it. That's how we managed to leverage the latest features.

Everything is offered as a bundle package.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise using the latest version of Microsoft Office 365 because it is comparatively enhanced in terms of security and user experience. If you are using the earlier version, it might not be that feasible in terms of the COVID situation and working from home. The latest version is way better than the earlier version.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business an eight out of ten.

CB
Managing Director at Switch My Server
Key feature is online and desktop availability when deployed in the cloud; greatly improved efficiency

• "It's available online as well as via desktop applications when deployed in the cloud."
  • "Some menu options are not as logical as you would think, and it can take time to figure out how to go about it."

What is our primary use case?

We use this product internally for our own systems, and we also recommend it and set it up for our clients too. We're partners with Microsoft and I'm the managing director of our company.

How has it helped my organization?

We have seen an improvement in efficiency; the ability to have multiple people edit documents concurrently using Teams is a great feature that saves us a lot of time.

What is most valuable?

I like that the solution is available online as well as via desktop applications when it's deployed in the cloud.

What needs improvement?

Some of the menu options are not as logical as you would think, and it takes a lot of skill and thought and sometimes a little bit of research, to figure out what it is you're actually wanting to do and how to go about it. I think the solution could be a little better on mobile; viewing some things can be a bit difficult and if you're trying to edit something it can be somewhat challenging.

I've been using this solution for a couple of years.

Stability of the solution is good, we haven't had any problems.

The scalability is good, we have hundreds of users.

The technical support is good, once you create a ticket the support is there. There's also plenty of documentation online.

The initial setup is straightforward although I'm an IT professional and that helps. If you were a standard user, deployment might be a little more difficult.

License fees can be paid monthly or annually and there are no extra costs involved. Licensing is reasonable and is on a tiered system so you can select what you want. In that respect, the license is scalable and it works well for some of our smaller clients who don't need all the features.

What other advice do I have?

The Microsoft mail server is a very strong and stable solution, good for business reliability and usability rather than some of the smaller email solutions or trying to host the solution yourself.

I rate this solution nine out of 10.

Microsoft Azure
JV
Problem and Technical Application Management for KNAB at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
Easy to use, problem-free and offers great applications

• "The solution has been stable over the years."
  • "For the end-user, it's always nice if the product is cheaper, especially for home use."

What is our primary use case?

I'm primarily using the solution for its various applications, including Outlook and Sharepoint. We also use it for documents.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use.

We haven't had any problems or issues.

The solution has been stable over the years.

We find the solution to be scalable.

The combination of the products and the integration between all the products such as how Teams is integrated with Outlook, et cetera, is great.

Microsoft Teams, especially, is very useful and has really brought the solution into its full potential.

What needs improvement?

It would be ideal if they could get students more involved with the solution at an earlier age so that when they come to work in companies, they are already well versed in the product and do not need to be trained.

I've used previous suites of Microsoft, and therefore have used it for a very long time in various iterations.

The solution is scalable.

We have about 5,000 users on the solution currently.

I've never reached out to technical support or have had to be put in touch with them. Our IT department handles all of that. Therefore, I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

I did not handle the initial implementation. It's not done by myself. It's taken care of by the IT department which provides their implementation service to us.

Maintenance is part of our internal IT department. I don't have a clue as to how many people are involved with this aspect of the product.

The price, in general, is pretty fair. It's not too expensive, at least, for businesses. Individual users would likely prefer it if it was cheaper.

My company handles the licensing agreements and that's not an aspect of my job, therefore I can't speak to how often licensing is renewed or how much it ends up costing the company.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. I've been mostly happy with its capabilities at this time.

I would recommend the solution to other organizations.