Akhil Khandelwal
Senior Anaylst at a consultancy with 201-500 employees
Reasonably priced with an excellent suite of apps that integrate well together

• "Since the pandemic hit us, it has helped a lot with the need to work remotely. We can share live files, work on the same document, we can live chat, and even create multiple channels within Teams where the files can be shared and worked on by specific users."
  • "One thing we did not like, about Excel particularly, is that it hangs a lot. It hangs a lot compared to Google Sheets."

What is most valuable?

I appreciate how everything is totally integrated. I can switch from Excel and Word to PowerPoint or Outlook. Outlook and the Calendar are completely integrated as well. It used to have Skype, however, now we have Teams, which integrates nicely with everything. We can check our meetings and have everything set up right in our calendar. It's all very convenient in terms of being able to access and use it.

The OneDrive is very good. Since the pandemic hit us, it has helped a lot with the need to work remotely. We can share live files, work on the same document, we can live chat, and even create multiple channels within Teams where the files can be shared and worked on by specific users. That's quite helpful.

The pricing is competitive.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for close to three years.

The solution is mostly stable. That said, Excel is very slow whenever the data is quite large compared to what we use. With small data, it works fine. With a small set of records, it's not a problem. However, whenever the records are a large number - even if it's 5000 - then it hangs a lot.

I never faced such challenges that I had to reach out to technical support. Sometimes when there are small challenges, I just Google the issue and resolve it myself. Otherwise, I've never felt a need to connect with the support team.

I also am familiar with Google apps, such as Google Sheets, and the whole G-Suite for business.

The prices are very competitive.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and an end-user.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. For the most part, it works perfectly fine for me.

I'd recommend basic usage to other customers. Compared to other individual collaboration apps such as Zoom Meetings or Cisco WebEx, it's more complete. 365 as a whole suite is definitely better as you've got all the office requirements solved by one software solution. I'll definitely recommend Microsoft Office to others.

Igor Pigariev
Cyber Security Consultant at Ukroboronprom
Scales well with a good set of applications included but needs better training

• "We've found the stability to be very good."
  • "It would be ideal if they could improve the cybersecurity of the endpoints, and to provide pictures of new zero-days cybersecurity threats as soon as possible."

What is our primary use case?

The product has multiple use cases. We have solutions for installing endpoint remote work. We have solutions for ERM, ADF systems, and we have systems for cybersecurity.

What is most valuable?

It's a good solution for enterprise-level organizations.

Microsoft is a very trusted brand.

It's very good that it's an all-in-one solution with many Microsoft applications bundled within it.

It has great tools built in that offer protection of our information.

The product scales well.

We've found the stability to be very good.

What needs improvement?

It would be good, for example, if the solution offered some programs within the solution that could provide training the personnel to use the product.

It would be ideal if they could improve the cybersecurity of the endpoints, and provide pictures of new zero-days cybersecurity threats as soon as possible.

We've been using the solution for two years or so. It's been a while. We got it with our official licenses from Microsoft Business Solution.

The stability of the solution is very good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It doesn't give us any trouble. Its performance is reliable.

The scalability is very good. It's great for enterprises and a company can expand it to meet its needs.

We currently have 300 users on the solution right now.

We do have a plan to increase the usage. We want to, in fact, digitalize and transform our corporation, and improve our IT infrastructure, and therefore we have a plan for future growth.

We've been very pleased with technical support overall. They are quite helpful and responsive.

The installation of the solution takes between two and four hours. It's pretty straightforward and doesn't take too long.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. There are some improvements that could still make it a better product.

That said, I'd recommend the product. Microsoft in Ukraine has a very good CLA, and second-line support is also very good. I'd recommend it to our counterparts and our partners.

Hybrid Cloud
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft 365 Business. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,586 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Abhirup Sarkar
Director, Middle East, East India & SAARC at a tech company with 51-200 employees
A perfect solution with good reliability, stability, and security features to secure our data

• "It is pretty secure. Although it is on the cloud, it has features such as two-factor authentication for making our enterprise data secure. Its availability is very valuable. It is always up, and we've never faced a downtime with it until now."
  • "Its price could be better."

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Its price could be better.

I have been using this solution for more than three years.

It is pretty stable.

It is pretty scalable. Currently, we have around 70 users. We plan to keep using this solution and increase its usage in the coming few months.

Their technical support is good. We never had any challenge with Microsoft support. They have been very prompt when we needed help.

We had an open-source mailbox. We are primarily looking at Exchange, but because we have a small IT team, we wanted something that can be easily managed. We came across Microsoft 365. Because it is on the cloud, it takes away the management headache.

Its setup was pretty fast. You need just one person for its deployment.

It is slightly expensive, but it doesn't have any hidden costs. You know what you're going to spend, and you get a decent ROI on it.

It has subscription-based licensing. It helps you to figure out the amount of money that you would spend based on how many mailboxes you would require in a year, which makes it better as compared to a mail server for which you need to consider the licensing cost and the maintenance cost.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution. We plan to keep using this solution, and we are going to buy new licenses soon. It has a lot of automatic upgrades, and they keep on coming up with security fixes and interesting features. There were a couple of features that were not available when we bought it, but over a period of time, they have included all those features in it.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business a ten out of ten.

US
Senior Manager, Information Technology at a university with 201-500 employees
Easy to use, quick to deploy, and offers good scalability

• "The pricing is reasonable."
  • "If they offered more integration capabilities, that would be ideal."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it on a daily basis for business processes. We use Microsoft Outlook quite a bit.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use.

The product is quite stable.

We have found the solution to be scalable.

The pricing is reasonable.

The solution is quick to deploy and easy to implement.

Technical support has always been helpful.

You don' need to run through too much training. Everyone knows how to use Microsoft 365 for the most part.

What needs improvement?

There is no better solution than 365. I cannot recall coming across any aspect that is lacking.

If they offered more integration capabilities, that would be ideal.

We have used the solution for a very long time. It's likely been more than ten years at this point. It's been a while.

The solution is stable and reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. the performance is great.

The scalability is very good. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so. it's not a problem.

We have about 1,000 people in our organization that use the solution.

Technical support is very good. They are helpful and responsive. We are satisfied with the level of service that they have provided to us. Technical support has been very friendly.

The initial setup is not overly difficult for us. We found it very simple and straightforward.

The deployment is very fast. It takes a maximum of 30 minutes or so.

We handled the initial setup by ourselves. We didn't need any assistance from any integrators or consultants.

The pricing is very reasonable. It's not overly expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I am a customer and an end-user.

As a cloud-based solution, we are always on the most recent version. It's automatically updated.

I would rate the solution at a ten out of ten. We are very happy with the solution and its capabilities.

I would recommend the product to other users and organizations.

SM
Cyber Security Technical Engineer at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Easy to use with good stability and a straightforward setup

• "The solution is quite stable. The performance is very good."
  • "The pricing of the solution is quite high and the licensing is expensive. It could be cheaper."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for sharing and receiving emails. I don't use all of the aspects of the product.

What is most valuable?

There are many aspects to the product, however, I use the email server, and use it as a tool for sending and receiving mail. It works great for that.

It's very easy to use. It's very easy to navigate around everything.

The solution is quite stable. The performance is very good.

The installation is pretty straightforward overall. It's not hard to set everything up.

What needs improvement?

I've used the solution maybe for a year and a little bit. It hasn't been for that long. The product is still new to me.

The solution is quite stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's pretty reliable in terms of performance.

I can't speak to the scalability. I've never really tried to scale it. Currently, as it is, it is meeting my needs.

We have 1,500 users on the solution currently in our organization.

We do have plans to continue to use it.

I've never been in touch with technical support. That said, it is my understanding that they are good. We are satisfied with the level of support we receive.

The installation process is quite easy. It's not overly complex or difficult. A company should have any trouble with the implementation process.

The licensing is expensive. It's something that they should actively work to lower to make it more affordable to their user base. It would be nice if it was a bit less.

What other advice do I have?

As a user, I would rate the product at a seven out of ten. I've been quite happy with its capabilities, even though I only use certain aspects of it.

I'd recommend the solution to other companies. It's very easy to use.

NH
IT Manager at a insurance company with 51-200 employees
Simple, informative, easy to install, and has good support

• "The adaptability is very easy."
  • "I would like to see more security features included."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for a number of reasons. We use it for email, antivirus, OneDrive, Teams, various planners, and Power BI.

We can use many features that are available on the cloud.

What is most valuable?

It's quite simple and informative.

The adaptability is very easy. It is connected to many other platforms which also makes it easier.

What needs improvement?

Security is an area that needs improvement. The advanced security would be at the ultimate operating system level with advanced security where you would not have to rely on third-party security.

I would like to see more security features included.

We have been using Microsoft as a product for a number of years, and we have been using Microsoft 365 Business for three years.

We are using the latest version.

Microsoft 365 Business is a stable product.

I don't have any issues with the scalability of this solution. We have approximately 180 people who are using it in our organization.

We have contacted technical support.

You have partner support and you have general region Microsoft support.

They have primary level support and anything more than that goes to Microsoft directly.

Previously, we were using another solution, but Microsoft is easier and everything is synchronized.

The installation is simple. You can manage it yourself.

Migration can be done through a partner or a migration team. For example, if you have a standalone device or wanted to migrate from any other mail platform, it can be done. It can be done yourself.

Generally, the length of time it takes the migration depends on the size of the partition, the number of accounts you need to migrate, and how many systems need to be done.

We completed the installation ourselves.

It's a cloud-based subscription.

The licensing fee is paid yearly.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution to others.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business an eight out of ten.

EW
Technical Pre-Sales at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Has quite a lot of functionalities that enable us as a business to run

• "Channel access is the most valuable feature. I can access it via any machine. I can access it via Android application, via my browser, or via the Windows application. That is one reason I like it. The multi-functionality is another valuable feature. It has quite a lot of functionalities that enable us as a business to run."
  • "Previously, it was on concurrent basis access, but currently, it's on named user access. That's the biggest challenge we have, but we are looking to integrate SharePoint whereby we can have a portal where we can have the non-core users access via Sharepoint. That's what I'm looking to have an update on. So the cost is a bit of an issue."

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

User access costs need improvement.

I have been using Microsoft 365 Business for four years.

It's a stable solution. We haven't had any problems.

We are good with scalability. We have also not expanded our processes that much to experiment with scalability.

We have a vendor who assists us with the customization. We are looking into upgrading. I've tried to experience the cloud version and it has some also multi functionalities. We are looking into the AI features that we've really liked to input into our processes. We are also looking to upgrade the solution so that we can have the AI functionality.

We used a third-party for the deployment. They helped us do some customizations. We haven't had any challenges with the setup.

What other advice do I have?

When we look at the roadmap, we see they are moving with the current trends in technology. So you won't have a solution whereby there are no upgrades from its functionalities. Microsoft is well established on the foothold and the business processes. They understand the key business processes that are required to be supported by an ERP. I would recommend it to another client.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business an eight out of ten.

MA
Technical Presales Consultant/ Engineer at a wholesaler/distributor with 10,001+ employees
A stable, scalable and easily installable solution, with good collaboration abilities

• "My favorite feature is the collaboration."
  • "Windows should be included with the solution since Microsoft is heading towards an SaaS-, cloud-based model."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is usefull for productivity, document editing and sharing, presentation of PowerPoints, spreadsheets, SharePoint threads and emails.

What is most valuable?

My favorite feature is the collaboration.

What needs improvement?

Windows should be included with the solution since Microsoft is heading towards an SaaS-, cloud-based model. It should include Microsoft Windows operating system. If I am going to buy Office suite, I should also get the operating system for this purpose rather than having to worry about purchasing a Windows license and a separate one for Office 365.

I have been using Microsoft 365 Business for about five years now.

The solution is definitely stable. I like the fact that one can use Office on the browser.

I believe the solution to be scalable, as it is cloud-based.

I never had to open a case with technical support.

I did not use other solutions prior to Microsoft 365 Business.

The solution is pretty easy to install, although this depends, as there are a lot of products. If one is talking about the entire Office suite, it could take about 40 minutes, although this  varies with a person's laptop.

Installation can be done by oneself. Anyone can install Office.

The price in general could be cheaper. Being overpriced is what is to be expected from Microsoft.

I believe the subscription to be monthly.

What other advice do I have?

While the software can be installed on-premises, the solution is cloud based.

The whole company makes use of the solution. It's on a global level, as the company is international. I would approximate there are 200 users using it in our company.

The product is known. As such, while I would not recommend it per se, I would do so for those who have familiarity with the Microsoft Office ecosystem. It's what they know.

Microsoft 365 Bus is great when it comes to productivity and I rate it as a nine out of ten.