Microsoft 365 Business OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Microsoft 365 Business is #1 ranked solution in top Mobile Device Management (MDM) tools and #5 ranked solution in top Content Collaboration Platforms. IT Central Station users give Microsoft 365 Business an average rating of 8 out of 10. Microsoft 365 Business is most commonly compared to ManageEngine Desktop Central:Microsoft 365 Business vs ManageEngine Desktop Central. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 36% of all views.
What is Microsoft 365 Business?

Microsoft 365 Business is an integrated solution, bringing together the best-in-class productivity of Office 365 with advanced security and device management capabilities to help safeguard your business.

Microsoft 365 Business was previously known as Microsoft 365 E3, Microsoft 365 E5, Microsoft 365 F1, MS 365 Business.

Microsoft 365 Business Buyer's Guide

Download the Microsoft 365 Business Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Microsoft 365 Business Customers

Urban Agriculture Co., The Detroit Wallpaper Co., TransBlue Facility Management, Garner Food Company

Microsoft 365 Business Video

Archived Microsoft 365 Business Reviews (more than two years old)

Senior System Administrator at a real estate/law firm
Usable, available, and you can connect to it from anywhere

• "It has file storage, file sharing, a provisioning box, and a SharePoint profile for each user."
  • "Updates to the SQL server with better features are needed to compete with Oracle Database."

What is our primary use case?

I decided to go with Microsoft 365 Business to be compatible with my friend's server.

What is most valuable?

This solution has everything.

It has file storage, file sharing, a provisioning box, and a SharePoint profile for each user.

It's useable, available, and you can connect to it from anywhere.

Also, I have storage and I can access my email.

What needs improvement?

The Team Exchange online needs improvement.

Updates to the SQL server with better features are needed to compete with Oracle Database.

In the next release, I would like to see more with endpoint security and with firewall security. Many other vendors are better than Microsoft in this field.

I have been using this solution for three years.

This solution is stable.

This solution is scalable.

We have approximately six hundred users working daily.

I have created tickets with the Microsoft technical team. They were good and I like the support.

The initial setup is easy and straightforward.

It took ten working days to deploy, test, implement, and to see the effects before applying it to our users.

I had a consultant integrator helping me with the implementation. We worked together.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others about this solution is to go ahead with no fear.

I would recommend this solution.

I would rate this solution and eight out of ten.

KA
Office Manager at Agattu Trading 174 Pty Ltd
Helpful for team collaboration, email, and generating quotes

• "The most valuable feature for us is Microsoft Teams."
  • "The pricing for this solution could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We do not have a central location for our employees and everybody works from home.

I use this solution for things like email and generating quotes for customers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us is Microsoft Teams. It replaces Skype where you can speak to one another and you can set tasks. We have found it really helpful.

What needs improvement?

The pricing for this solution could be improved. We get caught by the exchange rates in South Africa.

I have been using this solution for five or six years.

This solution is stable. It just works.

This is a scalable solution.

We have ten users.

I have never had to speak with the technical support for this solution.

Compared to buying a license, it is much cheaper and a good buy.

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that I recommend.

I have not yet set it up so the messaging can be sent to my mobile phone, but this is something I know can be done because our technical people have done it.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft 365 Business. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
553,954 professionals have used our research since 2012.
JohnMcKenzie
Technical Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Has the ability to add or remove licenses at the drop of a hat when someone new starts or leaves the business

• "The flexibility of having a subscription for the Office software, rather than having any upfront costs is the best part of this solution."
  • "There are various things that you need to use PowerShell to do. That would be good. You could do them through the management portal, rather than through PowerShell. That's the biggest improvement I would like to see."

What is our primary use case?

We use the cloud deployment model. We use it internally here for our business software for our office software and for our computers. We also use it for mailboxes, SharePoint, and OneDrive, all of the platforms.

What is most valuable?

The Office software is the most valuable aspect of this solution.

The ability to add or remove licenses at the drop of a hat when someone new starts or leaves the business is another valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

It would be better if it was cheaper.

There are various things that you need to use PowerShell to do. That would be good. You could do them through the management portal, rather than through PowerShell. That's the biggest improvement I would like to see.

I have been using this solution since it became available, around five or six years ago.

It seems pretty stable. There are issues with it every now and again but it seems to be on the whole, pretty stable.

My company has ten users.

Sometimes technical support is great, sometimes it is terrible. It really depends on what you've actually logged with them and who at Microsoft is dealing with it. It is a really mixed experience.

A negative experience we have had with them is when we arranged times for them to call us back and they just didn't call and we called back the following day but they just don't keep appointments.

I would say on the whole they are good. The majority are good. They can be quite flaky. It depends on who you're speaking to. Some of them are brilliant, some of them don't even know what they're doing.

We previously used an on-prem Microsoft solution. It was all Microsoft products but it was not Office 365, it was on-premises.

Because we are an IT company the initial setup was very straightforward. We are all technical here.

The setup is not just a one-off job, it is an ongoing thing. People come and go so you add and remove people all the time.

We deployed it on our own. We are an IT company and provide IT services to other companies. One staff is enough to deploy it on their own. We deploy for smaller businesses.

We are Microsoft partners so it doesn't cost us anything.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to make sure to find everything out before you start appointments. Make sure you know who is getting what and what sort of licenses you need. Be well-prepped before you start.

Be sure you know what licenses you have and the license management. Make sure that you know what you are doing without a fuss because if you make a mistake with that, then you can potentially make a bit of a mess of things.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

LV
CEO at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
Good integration between Power BI and SQL, and good scalability

• "The Power BI environment and the integration between Power BI and SQL are the solution's most valuable features. The integration between products is great."
  • "The solution's licensing framework needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for business intelligence.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The solution's licensing framework needs improvement.

The integration of the SQL server development environment is a little bit difficult to handle. They should work to make this easier.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The solution is very scalable, but it gets more expensive as you grow.

We haven't really contacted technical support.

The initial setup is straightforward. We're working with a complex environment, so before we implemented it we tested it with a prototype and in pilot environments. You only need two people for maintenance.

We had our own internal team implement the solution.

The solution is quite expensive and gets more expensive if you have to scale.

What other advice do I have?

We use both the cloud and on-premises deployment models.

I'd recommend the product. I'd rate it nine out of ten.

SR
Cloud Solution Specialist at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
Reseller
Constantly updated and has a vast number of applications available

• "The most valuable feature is Microsoft Teams."
  • "There are loads of holes in security and I'd like to see better integration with security products."

What is our primary use case?

I have been using this solution for about five years.

This solution is a SaaS application, so it's always a public-cloud based deployment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is Microsoft Teams.

What needs improvement?

Improvements can be made with the governance and compliance of this solution.

The migration from tenant to tenant can be improved.

Stability is not a problem.

This is a scalable solution.

We have not needed to contact technical support for this solution.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward once you know what you are doing. There are enough guides and documentation out there to help you.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is updated on a monthly basis.

My advice to anybody who is researching this solution is to understand what you are buying. Microsoft 365 is a huge product. Depending on which plan you purchase, there are a plethora of applications available to you. It's important to understand what those applications can do for you.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

AC
Simple to use, stable, and easy to install

• "What was most valuable for me was how simple this solution is to start using."
  • "The admin panels have too few samples."

What is our primary use case?

We are currently testing this solution, but the primary use case of this solution is for email and Office online.

The deployment model we are using is a private cloud from Microsoft.

What is most valuable?

What was most valuable for me was how simple this solution is to start using.

What needs improvement?

The admin panels have too few samples. It would be better if it were expanded and more samples were added.

There are monthly updates from the developer for new functionalities, but when the updates occur, you lose where the regular functionalities were. They are no longer where you are used to them being.

In the next release, I would like to see visualizing. I would like this to be part of the solution, rather than independent.

I have been using this solution for four months.

The platform is very stable.

We don't need to expand this solution.

It is scalable. When we were in testing we tried the product and some of the team was testing some of the functionalities of Microsoft 365.

We have approximately five or six users.

We have not contacted technical support.

The initial setup was easy.

I did not deploy this solution, but I believe that it took anywhere from one to three months.

The implementation was through our team, not a vendor team.

What other advice do I have?

Pay attention to the migration of the daily solution to the new solution. This is the most painful part.

You can pay online for the migration from the old email server to the new one.

DennisMartens
Director of Strategic Sourcing at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Has all the solutions you need to retain core competency in your business

• "This is a unified business package that helps people be productive in working environments."
  • "Flow and Form components can be improved individually, but it would be nice to see the product take the next step and operate as a unit rather than separate modules."

What is our primary use case?

The basic solution we mostly need Microsoft 365 Business for, is to use Excel to support the internal sourcing process and retain our core competency.

How has it helped my organization?

It gives us all the tools we need to practice business in a single, unified, compatible package.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature in this product is that it allows for fairly high productivity without the requirements for bespoke (i.e., custom made) tools. Microsoft 365 is like a Swiss army knife. You can do pretty much everything you need for a company with it all in one compatible package without deploying multiple solutions.

What needs improvement?

The parts of the product that can be improved are the Forms and Flow features. They can be more intuitive and productive.

We have been using the product for the last year-and-a-half.

I think what Microsoft has provided is certainly a stable and mature solution.

This is scalable product both in component deployment and utility for business practices.

I have not personally really had any reason to contact technical support. If I have any issues, I can answer my own questions. I normally use the various forums and internet support communities.

No serious technical issues have ever occurred.

The product was simple to install in my own deployment and begin to use. Our IT department did the deployment for the company, so I can not say how long deployment takes when deploying on a network.

Our internal IT department does deployments and monitoring of applications and services for the company.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to people who are considering the use of this product is that if you are starting from scratch — from absolute zero — take some courses or training in the product to make sure you have some basic understanding of each of the products in the suite. You need to know what they do and have some basic skills or you will spend a lot of time finding out for yourself what is already easy to learn.

On a scale from one to ten, where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate this product as an eight.

What it can do in the next release to be closer to a ten is to integrate the components better. I would like to see all of the functionality come together in one workspace. I would prefer not to have the work separately with an Excel spreadsheet and a separate PowerPoint interface for presentation and a Flow interface for workflow. This is a little clumsy. I would prefer further integration of all the products into one single solution so it is not necessary to switch back-and-forth as you work. Or have the option to customize how you integrate according to the way you work.

MY
IT with 1-10 employees
I like that it can be installed on multiple devices/platforms

What is our primary use case?

General implementation from an on-premise licensing model.

How has it helped my organization?

At this point, I cannot say if there has been an advantage to changing.

What is most valuable?

Installing on multiple devices/platforms.

What needs improvement?

Cross-application integration.

What is our primary use case?

General implementation from an on-premise licensing model.

How has it helped my organization?

At this point, I cannot say if there has been an advantage to changing.

What is most valuable?

Installing on multiple devices/platforms.

What needs improvement?

Cross-application integration.

Lucas Lira
Business Contact Center at Aloo Telecom
I like the ability to have your documents saved in the cloud for extra protection against computer crashes

What is our primary use case?

• Bringing together all sectors of the company with a single goal
  • Integration in the whole set of products: Like other cloud platforms, Microsoft has done a great job of integrating its products with each other and with other third-party platforms. So, we can achieve our goals.

How has it helped my organization?

The integration of all Microsoft products into the cloud gives us a lot of flexibility on a daily basis. The whole company integrates in a unified way.

What is most valuable?

• Share our desktops and computers for remote troubleshooting
  • The ability to have your documents saved in the cloud for extra protection against computer crashes
  • The ease of using different applications like Excel and Word. They are very easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I think the Skype setup could be improved. It took a bit of research to figure out how to add a group of users, and we still needed each one to add the group. It would be nice to be able to administer this remotely.

Pretty stable in most of its use so far.

My impressions are the best possible; the tool has the power to raise production scalability without consequently raising costs.

I needed the support just to clear some initial doubts. They were helpful and kind.

Yes. The cost benefit of the current service.

No. The initial setup was quite simple.

No. Our internal team made the implementation.

The cost benefit is well worth it. Support is effective.

Google G Suite only.

What other advice do I have?

Just it.

Julio Alberto Avila Bouyon
    Project Manager at Atelier Visual C.A
    We evaluated using Google Docs but we are Microsoft users, and for that reason, we decided to continue with their tools.

What is our primary use case?

It is an indispensable tool in the planning of architectural projects, it allows us to organize and manage the stages of the project, process metric calculations and gives vivid memories of the work. Having all the office tools integrated and online facilitates us to share and edit the information from different equipment and devices.

How has it helped my organization?

• It is effortless to implement which ensures the whole team can handle the tools without problem, both the most used, like Word and Excel to make simple documents, and others like PowerPoint for the presentation of architectural projects to customers.
    • It also supports using Skype for remote meetings without major problems, asides being able to support cloud storage which is very useful.

What is most valuable?

• From my personal use, I have found using OneNote indispensable, very often I use it during the day for important reminders and scheduled tasks. Its latest versions have greatly improved its efficiency and usefulness at the fact of being able to insert images into the notes.
    • Skype is also very useful for making video calls to architects who are on site for urgent adjustments.

What needs improvement?

• I am very disappointed that this version does not include the Microsoft Project tool, which is essential in our area of ​​work to plan projects.
    • Outlook has always left me unhappy with its interfaces, although it has improved in its latest updates.

Less than one year.

We have not experienced major problems with the program, some of the errors were solved using tutorials in the network.

We used the traditional desktop version but decided to change to the Microsoft 365 Business version since it offers the opportunity to work online and share the information efficiently, which is much more useful.

It was really simple.

It was implemented internally in the project planning department.

It is a reasonable and acceptable value for the utility and functions that it incorporates.

What other advice do I have?

It is advisable to have a basic knowledge of traditional office tools to be able to get the most out of it.