Samer Ahmad
Delivery Lead - Agile Coach at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Scalable, reliable, and useful continuous integration and deployment

• "The most valuable features are continuous integration and deployment, and simplicity."
  • "The active directory password system needs some improvement because many times the password for the active directory expires before the set time."

What is our primary use case?

I am using the solution to create continuous integration and deployment agents on the server environments. We are also involved in some projects where we create user stories and features created on the solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are continuous integration and deployment, and simplicity.

What needs improvement?

The active directory password system needs some improvement because many times the password for the active directory expires before the set time. Additionally, in the beginning, when I get the repository and check in my code on the dashboard to see who made changes, it shows that another user made the change that did not. This could be fixed in a future release.

have been using the solution for three years.

The solution is stable.

I have found the scalability of the solution to be good.

I did not contact support but I was able to find all the information I needed on the internet.

The installation is straightforward.

There is a license for this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I have experience with other solutions and with this one, you can add many addons without any difficult configuration. It has all the code and related items together, it is a total package.

I highly recommend this solution to others.

I rate Microsoft Azure DevOps a nine out of ten.

TA
Process Manager at a marketing services firm with 501-1,000 employees
User-friendly, good performance, has good support, and connects well with PowerBI

• "We are able to generate many different types of reports from Azure."
  • "There are certain features, and reporting that can only be used in PowerBI, but not directly in DevOps."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for project management and delivery.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use.

We are able to generate many different types of reports from Azure. It connects well to PowerBI.

The performance is good.

What needs improvement?

They could have more reporting features added to the dashboard. There are certain features, and reporting that can only be used in PowerBI, but not directly in DevOps.

We would like to have the same calculated reports that can be accessed in PowerBI, available in Microsoft Azure DevOps.

We have been using Microsoft Azure DevOps for the last two and a half years.

Microsoft Azure DevOps is a stable product.

It is easy to scale. We have approximately 250 employees in our organization who use this solution.

We have contacted technical support. They provided us with a fast resolution.

We are using Azure, and TFS now. We are also planning to migrate to AWS as well.

The installation was easy.

We have an IT team of four to manage and deploy this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate Microsoft Azure DevOps an eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure DevOps. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
541,708 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Ibrahim Rasras
Lead solution architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use and very stable

• "The product is easy to use and very stable."
  • "The ability to integrate Microsoft Azure DevOps with other platforms and Microsoft products can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Broadly speaking, we use the product for .net websites, APIs, data integration, migration, data analysis, job orders, and workflows.

What needs improvement?

We have been using Microsoft Azure DevOps for more than seven years.

The product is easy to use and very stable.

The product is scalable.

We feel our experience with technical support to be straightforward. They have responded to our requests for help or support in good time and make themselves available for questions.

The installation of Microsoft Azure DevOps is straightforward. The steps are already in place and one only need follow them. We were able to handle this by ourselves.

The product is deployed to the cloud and we have five developers responsible for this.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the product.

Our organization has five people who are using it.

We plan to continue to use Microsoft Azure DevOps because our development or our environment is one of Microsoft's.

My advice to someone considering implementing the product is that it is good. I work in a Microsoft school so this is the environment with which everyone is acquainted.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

MN
Especialista Devops at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Easy to install, stable, and scalable with valuable Pipeline and Release features

What is our primary use case?

I have many microservices, and I am using Azure DevOps to deploy my microservices and build a global platform for payments.

What is most valuable?

Azure Pipeline and Azure Release are most valuable. I use Azure DevOps through pipeline and release.

What needs improvement?

It should have security features for scanning the code and checking it for vulnerability and security. Currently, I am using other tools for this. It should also have integration with other tools to improve security.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. Currently, we have 400 users, and…

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. Currently, we have 400 users, and they are DevOps engineers and developers.

They have helped me with the problems. They are very good.

I have only used Azure DevOps.

It is very simple to install. Its deployment takes a very short time.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I like Azure DevOps.

I would rate Microsoft Azure DevOps a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
SM
Managing Director at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Simple and easy to use for all our CI/CD automation needs

• "The simplicity and ease of use are two features that we have found to be most valuable."
  • "The solution can be improved by having better integration with other cloud platforms."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for all our CI/CD automation needs.

What is most valuable?

The simplicity and ease of use are two features that we have found to be most valuable.

What needs improvement?

We have been using Microsoft Azure DevOps for a couple of years.

The product is stable.

The solution is scalable.

We have plans to increase usage so that it will be on an org-wide scale. We plan to go up from our present number of 100 users to 300.

We've never had occasion to utilize technical support.

As the solution is cloud-based, installation was not required.

We pay a monthly license for Microsoft Azure DevOps.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is cloud-based.

There are 150 people using this product in our organization, only end-users.

There are five people responsible for deployment and maintenance. Anyone who wishes can make use of the solution.

I would recommend this solution to others contemplating its use.

I rate Microsoft Azure DevOps as an eight out of ten.

KS
Technical Director at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Allows us to easily build and deploy applications

• "Overall, so far we have no major issues to report."
  • "I think that the integration is to some extent, immature."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for continuous integration. It provides us with strategic analysis. We use it to create and deploy virtual machines. In short, we mainly use it for integration and deployment.

Currently, there are five to ten of us working on conception. Soon, there will be more than 200 of us using this solution.

What is most valuable?

The most interesting subject for me is the deployment part where you build virtual machines and enable them to learn. That's interesting to me.

What needs improvement?

As I'm in the very early stages of this story, this is a hard question for me to answer. However, I think that the integration is to some extent, immature.

Overall, so far we have no major issues to report.

I have been evaluating this solution for roughly six to eight months.

The initial setup was quite straightforward.

The licensing costs are reasonable.

We also evaluated GitHub and GitLab. We actually have one deployment that is already ongoing in GitLab.

Currently, we're evaluating both GitLab and Microsoft. We're trying to get a sense of which one is better for us.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I would give this solution a rating of eight out of ten.

RV
XBRL Specialist at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Very stable and provides a nice and integrated environment for working in teams and implementing the DevOps philosophy

• "It is easy to use. The shared repository is useful. Everything is in one environment."
  • "It is not that intuitive. Sometimes, it is hard to find some of the functions. I would like to have an old-fashioned menu structure to be able to easily find things. Its environment setup is not very good. They should improve the way it is set up for different screens and make it easier to find functionalities and maintain team members."

What is our primary use case?

I am using it as a developer in the agile scrum area.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the team cooperation for building, developing, and releasing systems.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use. The shared repository is useful. Everything is in one environment.

What needs improvement?

It is not that intuitive. Sometimes, it is hard to find some of the functions. I would like to have an old-fashioned menu structure to be able to easily find things. Its environment setup is not very good. They should improve the way it is set up for different screens and make it easier to find functionalities and maintain team members.

I have been using this solution for one and a half years.

It is very stable. If it doesn't work, it is usually because of network issues.

I didn't need support from Microsoft. Any need for support was internally fulfilled by my colleagues.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. It is a nice environment for working in teams and implementing the DevOps philosophy. It provides good support for that.

I would rate Microsoft Azure DevOps an eight out of ten.

AP
Subdirector General at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Helps us to maintain order and keep track of the status for each of our projects

What is our primary use case?

We are a software development company and we use DevOps practices to manage our application development lifecycle. This is our primary use case. We don't have a production environment for the applications that we develop. Rather, they are given to our customers when they are production-ready. The management includes service requests, incidents, issues, etc.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it brings order to our projects, and we know the status of each one at every moment.

What needs improvement?

This product would be improved if the helpdesk were included.

We are a small company and have not had any problems with scalability.

How are customer service and technical

What is our primary use case?

The management includes service requests, incidents, issues, etc.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

This product would be improved if the helpdesk were included.

We are a small company and have not had any problems with scalability.

Technical support is good and we haven't had any problems with them.

We don't have any complaints about the pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Download our free Microsoft Azure DevOps Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.