Microsoft Azure DevOps Overview

Microsoft Azure DevOps is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Release Automation tools. It is most often compared to Jira: Microsoft Azure DevOps vs Jira

What is Microsoft Azure DevOps?

Azure DevOps Services is a cloud service for collaborating on code development. It provides an integrated set of features that you access through your web browser or IDE client, including the following:

• Git repositories for source control of your code.
  • Build and release management to support continuous integration and delivery of your apps.
  • Agile tools to support planning and tracking your work, code defects, and issues using Kanban and Scrum methods.
  • A variety of tools to test your apps, including manual/exploratory testing, load testing, and continuous testing.
  • Highly customizable dashboards for sharing progress and trends.
  • Built-in wiki for sharing information with your team.

Microsoft Azure DevOps is also known as Azure DevOps, VSTS, Visual Studio Team Services, MS Azure DevOps, MS Azure DevOps, MS Azure DevOps.

Microsoft Azure DevOps Buyer's Guide

Download the Microsoft Azure DevOps Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Microsoft Azure DevOps Customers

Alaska Airlines, Iberia Airlines, Columbia, Skype

Microsoft Azure DevOps Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Enterprise Agile Coach at Knowit Require
A user-friendly and intuitive interface, but it lacks integration with other products and tools

What is our primary use case?

We are currently involved in a financing exchange project, and we use this solution to keep track of the exchange activities within the backlog. We are not taking advantage of the repository and the code stuff at this stage.

• "My first impression of DevOps, after using Jira, is that it has a much better, more intuitive, and more user-friendly interface."
  • "I would like to see better interoperability with the agile scaling frameworks."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anyone implementing this solution is to have an expert for every fifty users of the solution. This person is responsible for configurations and so forth. If you have a Microsoft environment then this is an easy choice for you, but if you don't then I think that JIRA would be a better choice. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
IT
Software Architect Consultant at a tech consulting company with self employed
Helpful for multi-platform release management, but more flexibility is needed for automated testing

• "All of the features related to release management are very good."
  • "Better integration with the Linux operating system would be an improvement for this solution."

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that I would recommend. Azure DevOps is a leading platform, but some things can be better. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure DevOps. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.
VG
Senior Project Manager at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Moving our automation and testing to a cloud-based solution has made it easier to work with and maintain

• "It's graphical representation and tools are easy to use."
  • "Non-functional testing such as security testing, log testing, and performance testing can be improved with a better visualization."

What other advice do I have?

Deployment of solutions on Azure DevOps is a perfect way to provide Disaster Recovery and High Availability. This is a straightforward solution, and I would suggest not wasting any time looking at others. Right now, this is the best solution. I would rate this solution ten out of ten.
MS
System Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
User-friendly with good management features

• "The user interface is very friendly."
  • "I would like to see more customization available to the administrator."

What other advice do I have?

I would advise someone considering this solution to use Microsoft because it is very user-friendly, it can run on small levels of applications, can be calibrated to the application, it can be scaled to a larger scale, from small scale to larger scale. It's very stable, you just need to increase the receptors if you need to scale to a larger scale. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Technical Architect at Dwr Cymru Welsh Water
Allows for source control and CI/CD pipelines

What is our primary use case?

Full DevOps suite.

How has it helped my organization?

Allows for source control and CI/CD pipelines while linking back to the work items on the Kanban board.

What is most valuable?

CI/CD pipelines and repositories.

What needs improvement?

Information to make it easier to choose items from the marketplace (like MS verified), etc.  Otherwise, every item requires a full InfoSec review.

Less than one year.
Lead DevOps and Release Engineer-L2 at ITWORX
It's a matter of integration to have only one platform for all your software development life cycle

What is our primary use case?

* Source code management * Git repository management including a visualizing for the pull requests process * Build automation * Continuous integration * Project management * Test management * Release automation * Deployments automation * Artifacts management * Package management * Agile planning * Dashboards and reports * Requirement management * Work estimation * Capacity management * Backlogs and Kanban boards for different teams * Load test * Integration test automation and unit test projects with status reports on the test results.