RamanaBhavaraju
Founder & Principal Architect at NCompas Business Solutions Inc.
Speeds up the product development life cycle

• "This solution speeds up the product development life cycle. That is, the time from the development of the product to the time to market is drastically reduced because of the CI/CD pipelines. You can have your code deployed within a matter of minutes."
  • "Azure has great documentation, but I would like to see more use cases pertaining to specific industries. For example, case studies on how to use HIPAA compliant solutions in the healthcare industry or how to use PCI compliant data analytics solutions in the financial technology industry would be helpful."

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft Azure Key Vault for the secret management side of things; that's where all our application secrets are stored.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution speeds up the product development life cycle. That is, the time from product development to market is drastically reduced because of the CI/CD pipelines. You can have your code deployed within a matter of minutes. The entire pipeline, unit testing, and insights, even on the mobile apps, are powerful. We can even obtain crash analytics. So the entire life cycle has been really fast. Also, it's pretty easy to develop and then deploy web services within a matter of minutes.

What is most valuable?

The DevOps pipelines and the ease with which you can deploy the code through the CI/CD pipelines have been valuable features.

What needs improvement?

Azure has great documentation, but I would like to see more use cases pertaining to specific industries. For example, case studies on how to use HIPAA compliant solutions in the healthcare industry or how to use PCI compliant data analytics solutions in the financial technology industry would be helpful.

I've been using this solution for more than five years.

I think the stability is great.

I think Microsoft Azure Key Vault is very scalable.

Technical support has been absolutely splendid.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I would rate this solution at nine, on a scale from one to ten.

However, if you're not looking to have your application tied to one cloud provider, then you should stay away from this solution. Once you are tied to a particular cloud provider, coming out of it will be very difficult.

Microsoft Azure
AT
System Administrator at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Straightforward documentation, secure, and reasonably priced

• "It is a managed service in Azure, you do not have to worry about security other than managing your own identities."
  • "I can see that other people are doing the infrastructure as code, they are able to easily manage and cycle their passwords as needed using their own interface they created. It would be nice if Microsoft provided more guidance in that area."

What is our primary use case?

We will likely use Microsoft Azure Key Vault for secure key management.

How has it helped my organization?

Provide a central, secure repository for keys.

What is most valuable?

It is a managed service in Azure, you do not have to worry about security other than the access. The vaults themselves are inherently secure.

What needs improvement?

It's too early for me to say with certainty, but what I'm seeing thus far is that Key Vault at face value is more of a secure store than it is a password manager. I suspect that we may be able to use logic apps to perform some actions that a password manager would, but a little more focus in this area would be beneficial.

I have been using Microsoft Azure Key Vault for one day.

We have approximately 15 users using the solution in my organization.

The setup of my test files has been easy and the documentation is straightforward.

I handle the implementation of the solution.

The price of the solution is reasonable for what we are using it for.

We did not have a great solution in the past. We wanted something better, and everything that I read about Microsoft Azure Key Vault was good. We did evaluate other solutions but we were already using Azure for other things, it made sense to implement Microsoft Azure Key Vault.

What other advice do I have?

Other people's opinions of Microsoft Azure Key Vault seem to be quite good.

I rate Microsoft Azure Key Vault an eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure Key Vault. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,676 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SP
Director of Business Intelligence at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Leaderboard
Easy to use, stable, and it enable our clients to manage keys

What is our primary use case?

We use this product to manage our keys for storage, as well as the SQL server.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are ease of use and enabling our clients to manage keys.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup could be less complex for first-time users.

We have been working with Microsoft Azure Key Vault for about a year.

This product has been very stable for us.

Scalability does not apply to our use case. I can say that it works well for smaller organizations.

Microsoft technical support has been very responsive and good. …

What is our primary use case?

We use this product to manage our keys for storage, as well as the SQL server.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The initial setup could be less complex for first-time users.

We have been working with Microsoft Azure Key Vault for about a year.

This product has been very stable for us.

Microsoft technical support has been very responsive and good.

Prior to the Azure Key Vault, we used a third-party password value. We moved to satisfy our customer requirements.

The first time we implemented this solution it was a little complex but as you use it, the process becomes easier. Installation specifics depend on each organization's needs.

The deployment, initially, was a couple of hours. After that, it took perhaps another hour to work through the setup and documentation.

We have admins who are in charge of using the Key Vault.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
BillHarding
Infrastructure Manager\Enterprise Architect - Cloud at Red Wing Shoes
Features tie into the app, secrets, and the passwords and encrypt them

• "We only use the basic features and those are the ones that have the ability to tie into the app, the secrets, and the passwords and encrypt them."
  • "To make it a ten the setup should be more streamlined."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to store our secrets and passwords for our integrations and applications.

What is most valuable?

We only use the basic features and those are the ones that have the ability to tie into the app, the secrets, and the passwords and encrypt them.

What needs improvement?

So far we've had good luck with it. We haven't had any bad experiences. Once we got it set up and we got it injected into our code, we've had pretty good success.

I have been using Microsoft Azure Key Vault for around a year and a half.

We have about 225 applications that are using it.

Their technical support was good when we used them.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We did not use a different solution. This is our first time using the services.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward.

I thought the price was reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to definitely leverage your premier support to help you get it going. Once you get going on it, it's fairly simple to use.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

To make it a ten the setup should be more streamlined.

Samarth Srivastava
Associate Consultant at VXXIV Corp
A high level of security ensures safety of resources

What is our primary use case?

There are currently two people in my team using this solution. I'm an associate consultant.

What is most valuable?

This is a very user friendly solution and the security level is very high.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be improved by making it accessible to more people.  The most significant additional feature I'd like to see would be the ability to access the system on the phone via my Microsoft login and to be able to manage the desktop file folders that way. That's something I look forward to.

I've been using this solution for six months.

It's a stable solution.

It's a…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

This is a very user friendly solution and the security level is very high.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be improved by making it accessible to more people.

I've been using this solution for six months.

It's a stable solution.

It's a scalable solution.

I'm satisfied with the technical support.

The initial setup took less than 10 minutes.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution and would rate it an eight out of 10.

Download our free Microsoft Azure Key Vault Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.