Microsoft Azure Logic Apps OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Microsoft Azure Logic Apps is #8 ranked solution in top Integration Platform as a Service providers. IT Central Station users give Microsoft Azure Logic Apps an average rating of 8 out of 10. Microsoft Azure Logic Apps is most commonly compared to Mule Anypoint Platform:Microsoft Azure Logic Apps vs Mule Anypoint Platform. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 26% of all views.
What is Microsoft Azure Logic Apps?

Connect your business-critical apps and services with Azure Logic Apps, automating your workflows without writing a single line of code.

Microsoft Azure Logic Apps was previously known as Azure Logic Apps, MS Azure Logic Apps.

Download the Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Microsoft Azure Logic Apps Customers
nord lock, mission linen supply, esmart systems
Microsoft Azure Logic Apps Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Microsoft Azure Logic Apps pricing:
  • "It's very cheap, but it comes with pluses and minuses. The positive thing is that it's very cheap, but on the other hand, it's extremely hard to tell how much it will cost. At the start of the project, it's almost impossible to tell how many times you will be calling some kind of Logic App function. You cannot state how much of the internet transfer you will use or how much data your will use."
  • "If we are comparing to other public cloud vendors, such as Amazon or Google Cloud platform, I wouldn't say that it's expensive. However, when we're comparing between a host such as GoDaddy or Digital Ocean, then it's a bit on the expensive side."
  • "The cost of the solution could be cheaper."

Microsoft Azure Logic Apps Reviews

Paweł Wielgus
Contract Software Engineer at Stermedia
A fast and user-friendly cloud-based platform that's able to create a solution in a matter of hours

• "It's very easy to use, and it's blazing fast. The best thing about Logic Apps is actually its ability to create a solution in a matter of hours. It doesn't need any kind of provisioning, and you don't need any kind of hardware. You can create very small elements like these Logic Apps, and you can build a whole solution from those very simple and small elements. I also like that they are completely incorporated with your existing active directory. You can use user groups directly from the active directory inside Azure and access it from the Logic Apps. You don't need to do anything special, and you just have access. You can just check if the user is, for example, allowed to do some action. Normally it would take you some additional steps and some additional calls to check it. You have to come back to the active directory to make this possible. In Logic Apps, you just have it, and you can use it. I think that there's this concept of logging and recall to the Logic App. It shows you every single step, every single product, and the result it's returning to the next step. It also has an amazing debugging feature. You can rerun some calls and see if, after a correction of the Logic App, for example, you get the correct results. So, it's almost like it's alive. It's like you make a change, poof it, and it's in production, and it's working. The speed of the composition of the problem and creating a real solution for it is extremely fast with this solution. It's extremely fast in creation."
  • "The documentation could be better. I think that's the only thing that was causing a normal level of problems. In terms of the documentation, it came from Cosmos DB and an additional product from Microsoft Azure."

What is most valuable?

It's very easy to use, and it's blazing fast. The best thing about Logic Apps is actually its ability to create a solution in a matter of hours. It doesn't need any kind of provisioning, and you don't need any kind of hardware. You can create very small elements like these Logic Apps, and you can build a whole solution from those very simple and small elements.

I also like that they are completely incorporated with your existing active directory. You can use user groups directly from the active directory inside Azure and access it from the Logic Apps.

You don't need to do anything special, and you just have access. You can just check if the user is, for example, allowed to do some action. Normally it would take you some additional steps and some additional calls to check it. You have to come back to the active directory to make this possible. In Logic Apps, you just have it, and you can use it.

I think that there's this concept of logging and recall to the Logic App. It shows you every single step, every single product, and the result it's returning to the next step. It also has an amazing debugging feature.

You can rerun some calls and see if, after a correction of the Logic App, for example, you get the correct results. So, it's almost like it's alive. It's like you make a change, poof it, and it's in production, and it's working. The speed of the composition of the problem and creating a real solution for it is extremely fast with this solution. It's extremely fast in creation.

What needs improvement?

The documentation could be better. I think that's the only thing that was causing a normal level of problems. In terms of the documentation, it came from Cosmos DB and an additional product from Microsoft Azure.

I have been using Microsoft Azure Logic Apps for more than a year.

Microsoft Azure Logic Apps is scalable.

What other advice do I have?

We're developing our solutions on three elements. One element is Logic Apps, and it represents our functionalities. The second element is Cosmos DB, which is the database and the persistence for our solutions. The third element is the storage account. Inside the storage account, you have a special folder called Web. You can put it inside this folder. You can put any single-page application, like Angular.

In the Angular application, you have hosting of that application and application files for free. So, we put an Angular single-page application into this storage account, which is calling Logic Apps, for the functionalities and endpoints.

In the backend, we had the Cosmos DB, which is the database for the whole thing. You can add elements from the outside to connect the customer's data center to Azure and this application you have made. Azure doesn't even have to know or have access to customer systems.

In the end, you have a very scalable solution without the high risk of someone breaking it, and he will just know the data inside it. But he would not gain any access to the customer data center.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Microsoft Azure Logic Apps a nine.

Microsoft Azure
Youssef Samir
Cloud Solution Architect at KlayyTech
Scales well, easy to install, has minimal coding, and the technical support is good

• "I like the ability within Logic Apps to design the workbooks through the portal with minimal code."
  • "It would be beneficial to have less code and tighter integration between different cloud services."

What is our primary use case?

The use case depends on the situation.

We primarily use this solution to schedule time-based event triggers.

Sometimes, we use it for the simple starting of machines or automating the start of certain machines. It can be set up on a timer or some sort of time-based event trigger that we need to schedule, and the trigger is set up for certain logic.

What is most valuable?

I like the ability within Logic Apps to design the workbooks through the portal with minimal code.

What needs improvement?

I would like the ability to add more features or to become more of a designer first or to be a declarative type of environment.

Doing more with Logic Apps through the portal with less code or less script being written would be ideal.

It would be beneficial to have less code and tighter integration between different cloud services.

I have been dealing with Microsoft Azure Logic Apps for two years.

It's a very stable solution. We don't face many issues. It is very rare to have issues with the other platforms themselves.

Microsoft Azure Logic Apps is very scalable. It's extremely scalable.

My experience may be different, or not be common. I have had wonderful experiences with the technical support team recently. I am very happy. I may be one of the few that is a very happy customer in that area.

I have used Microsoft Azure File Storage, Web Apps, compute for virtual machines, and networking components. I have not used Azure search recently.

I have also used Firewall Manager, recently, but I wouldn't say that I have a lot of hands-on experience.

The initial setup was very easy.

I completed the setup myself. It is what I do.

Pricing is relative.

If we are comparing to other public cloud vendors, such as Amazon or Google Cloud platform, I wouldn't say that it's expensive. However, when we're comparing between a host such as GoDaddy or Digital Ocean, then it's a bit on the expensive side.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely, I would recommend it. Make sure that what you need can be done through Logic apps and not other alternatives, or not with other functions, and not with any other alternative system.

You need to do the research and learn about the limitations or know what Logic Apps is designed for to ensure that it fits the use case that they're trying to do.

This applies to all the services. At least properly plan or read about the service before going all-in and trying to have Logic Apps deliver something that's not meant to deliver.

In summary, this is a good product but tThere is always room for improvement.

I would rate Microsoft Azure Logic Apps an eight out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, MuleSoft, Boomi and others in Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS). Updated: November 2021.
554,676 professionals have used our research since 2012.
DF
Solution Architect at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Comprehensive, plethora of features, but not user friendly and is expensive

• "The solution has plenty of good valuable features and a plethora of services."
  • "The support I have received is mixed because in some cases they are accurate, and in others, it was me doing the groundwork and giving feedback for the agent to finally tell me there is an issue in their larger services."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for data extraction and transformation.

What is most valuable?

The solution has plenty of good valuable features and a plethora of services.

Azure is comprehensive which can meet business strategy standards.

What needs improvement?

The solution is not user friendly. In the beginning, the solution is easy to use and works fine but when you are doing more advanced tasks it then becomes more difficult.

I have been using the solution for two years.

I've dealt with customer service in four or five scenarios. The support I have received is mixed because in some cases they are accurate, and in others, it was me doing the groundwork and giving feedback for the agent to finally tell me there is an issue in their larger services. This should have been explained to me at the beginning of the conversation and not left to the end.

The installation is not straightforward. I would say it is hard to generalize the complexity. In some solutions you are able to extract and do minor transformations. There are other cases where it takes a lot of time to achieve something that could take a couple of weeks to a month, to go from requirements to design, development, and proper job strategy.

The licensing structure is not complex.

The cost of the solution could be cheaper. For example, if you're doing a cost savings of $30,000 per year, but you are implementing a service, which is going to cost close to that range, then there might be better options. What is the point in implementing a solution which is going to costs you that much? I would rather invest in something that is going to give a broader gain.

What other advice do I have?

I don't recall which version I am using for the solution because it is based on what the latest version Azure has released at the time.

We are actively trying to move all our solutions to ones in the cloud because of the cost of increasing infrastructure and it is also hard to maintain an in-house data center.

I think Power Apps should be as user-friendly as possible, to allow more business-oriented people to utilize such things for their self-services needs rather than depending on IT resources.

I rate Microsoft Azure Logic Apps a six out of ten.