MS
Presales Network & Security Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
A solid cloud-based platform with fair licensing

• "We didn't have any problems setting it up."
  • "A problem with Azure is that the architecture that they have is not really compliant — not really connecting with the endpoint Cloud."

What is our primary use case?

Within our company, there are around 150 employees using this solution. We have a technical team of about five or six people.

What is most valuable?

I like that it's cloud-based and it's 24/7, theoretically. I am also happy with the licensing fees. It's quite competitive in the market. They sell Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, and level 5 licenses, and one of them is compatible with PowerPoint. The licensing fee is quite cheap for what they're offering.

What needs improvement?

A few different vendors from Fortinet, from Barracuda, from Forcepoint, all use infrastructure from Azure from time to time. A problem with Azure is that the architecture that they have is not really compliant — not really connecting with the endpoint Cloud. It's a different type of architecture, so that's a mistake from Microsoft. Hopefully, they will fix it soon.

It could be more secure actually. Microsoft Defender is not very secure. The platform is also a bit slow, to be honest. It takes a few seconds to load. Although, it does update quickly now. It's one-click — Microsoft takes four seconds and Google takes two and a half. It's minimal.

Better integration with other vendors and third-party systems would be a nice change.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for roughly five or six years.

Microsoft Azure is stable.

Microsoft Azure is cloud-based, so it's definitely scalable.

We didn't have any problems setting it up.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Microsoft Azure a rating of eight. It's a good product. It does have a few flaws but it's solid.

JL
IT Projects Manager at a hospitality company with 10,001+ employees
Stable, reasonably priced, and has the ability to scale

• "We have found the scalability to be good."
  • "The deployment was quite complex."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a server for some applications.

What is most valuable?

As a software data center, we can put some pretty cool applications running there.

The stability is very good. It's reliable.

We have found the scalability to be good.

The pricing is reasonable. It's not too expensive.

What needs improvement?

They develop so fast, it's hard to trace the technology. They have a lot of folders, for example, and it's hard to keep up with changes.

The deployment was quite complex. It's not easy to implement.

I've been using the solution for about a year or so. It hasn't been that long so far.

The stability of the product is very good. It doesn't have bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze. It's been very reliable for the most part.

The solution scales well. If a company needs to scale it out, it can do so. It's not a problem at all.

We haven't really used support so far. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

The initial setup isn't exactly straightforward. The deployment is a complex process.

We're happy with the licensing pricing in general. It's not overly expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We have a business relationship with Microsoft.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and companies. We've been largely happy with its capabilities in general.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,695 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Pradeep Saxena
Chief Technical Officer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Provides monitoring and security with good performance

• "Everything is very good by way of performance."
  • "It would be nice to have faster support."

What is our primary use case?

We are working with the latest version.

What is most valuable?

PaaS is a valuable feature, which allows for management visibility of Microsoft. Everything is very good by way of performance. Many of my customers are using SaaS and PaaS and are happy with its tasks and performance. There are many tools, such as monitoring. The security can change along with your defender.

From the perspective of management, the solution has functional apps that are running, SQL as a service. Everything is pretty good.

What needs improvement?

In my role as a service provider the vendor appointment may be required from the Microsoft plan. Occasionally, the response time is inadequate. It would be nice to have faster support.

I have been using and providing Microsoft Azure services since 2000. As of 2011 I have been providing PaaS and IaaS services.

The solution is stable under the right circumstances.

The solution is scalable.

The initial setup is not complex. The solution is user-friendly. A good working knowledge enables one to do a pretty good job in comparison with AWS.

What other advice do I have?

Microsoft is in the process of implementing a vast security apparatus. Their security features are really good. The ones that are part of Microsoft Azure allow for vulnerability assessment, with good security features. In the event of someone deploying a red flag or app they get in contact with you and take action.

Our customers run the gamut from small, medium to enterprise businesses. SMB comprise our major customers, with two or three being enterprise.

As I am a Microsoft partner, I recommend Microsoft exclusively.

I rate Microsoft Azure as a ten out of ten.

Karthikeyan Chinnadurai
Solutions Architect at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
A customizable solution with a good interface and helpful support

• "The most valuable features are the interface and customizability."
  • "Dashboards and reporting could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Microsoft Azure is one of the technologies that we help our clients to implement. For example, when one of our customers wants to migrate from on-premises to the cloud, we assist them with the process. Once they decide on technology, we build the solution.

Our clients implement Azure to use as Infrastructure as a Service.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the interface and customizability.

The approach used for cloud migration is something that I like.

Documentation and community support are good.

What needs improvement?

Dashboards and reporting could be improved.

I have been working with Azure for three years.

Azure is a stable system.

There are no issues with scalability. We have a range of customers that vary in size from small to medium-sized businesses, as well as enterprise-level organizations.

I am happy with the good support that we are getting. I have not been in contact with them directly but some of my colleagues have dealt with them.

The installation and initial setup are easy. We implemented over the course of a few days.

Reducing the price would be of benefit to our customers.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this solution is to do a proof of concept first. This is what I suggest to all of our customers, especially before migrating to the cloud. It will ensure that it meets the requirements.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

MM
Junior Mobile Network Engineer at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
A user-friendly cloud computing service that's highly scalable

• "It's easy to use, and it's scalable. If we want to grow our product more, we can do it."
  • "Security could be better. Once there was an attack, and we couldn't get to the cloud to see the reports for about five hours."

What is our primary use case?

We have a project with a company that needs support for their IoT devices. We're setting up some databases for them. That's all I can say about it because it's confidential. But we're using the HSM and the Key Vault for security purposes. A wider area or a wider group can connect to this public cloud for security and storage. We also have our own application implemented on that cloud.

What is most valuable?

It's easy to use, and it's scalable. If we want to grow our product more, we can do it. Because of the availability of different geographic zones, we can also have many places and regions.

What needs improvement?

Security could be better. Once there was an attack, and we couldn't get to the cloud to see the reports for about five hours. If we want to back up the application in storage, we can't have a firewall. For now, it's secure. I think the main problem was the configuration.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for three or four months.

Access to the virtual machine on Azure wasn't always available, but the application was always up and running.

The product is super scalable.

The initial setup was straightforward.

The pricing is better than AWS.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this cloud computing solution. When configured and planned well, I think it's a very good product.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Microsoft Azure an eight.

AM
RPA Developer
A cloud computing platform that is stable, reliable, and easy to set up

• "It is a reliable solution that is easy to set up."
  • "They can improve the number of requests. Maybe they can increase it from 5,000 requests to 10,000 requests a month. Sometimes when you try to connect, it is quite unresponsive. When you want to communicate using the API, you get an internal error."

What is our primary use case?

We have an internal system we are currently building. We use machine learning, where we are training models for extraction. You send a document or an invoice and move it to Azure using an endpoint, and then you get the extracted information. That is what we are currently doing.

What is most valuable?

It is a reliable solution that is easy to set up.

What needs improvement?

1.One is not able to upload custom images in azure and not able to access windows client images. This can be improved

2. It moves your business’ compute power from your data center or office to the cloud. As with most cloud service providers, Azure needs to be expertly managed and maintained, which includes patching and server monitoring.

I have used Microsoft Azure within the last 12 months.

Microsoft Azure is a stable and reliable solution.

AWS- It was trusted at the time since it was the longest serving

The initial setup was excellent.

In-House

It is affordable compared to other vendors

Before choosing Microsoft Azure, we evaluated AWS and GoDaddy.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to new users. If you want to get a free subscription or trial, it is quite good. Even for an organization, it is good because of the number of requests they offer in the free version. There are many.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Microsoft Azure an eight.

Ashen Perera
Sr. Systems Engineer / Tech Logic Consultant. at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Feature-rich, good update management, stable, and easy to install

• "The most valuable features of this solution are the Access Management and the PIN modules."
  • "Because it has a lot of features, a person just coming into Microsoft Azure might feel that it is a bit complex."

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft Azure to patch our servers. We are also using it for creating and access management.

How has it helped my organization?

We have several benefits in having Azure on board. If you are Microsoft-centric, you get gold certificate partnerships. Furthermore, if you elect MSP, you have MSP certification, which allows you to have more customers on board.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are the Access Management and the PIN modules. They are very good features.

Update management is also very good, for both on-premises and for cloud services.

Microsoft Azure is a very good product. For my requirements, it works fine.

It's user-friendly, and the reporting is good.

What needs improvement?

Because it has a lot of features, a person just coming into Microsoft Azure might feel that it is a bit complex. Once you are familiarized with it, they will find that it is organized in a structured way.

It's a bit clunky at first.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for two yes, but I would not say that my experience is at the expert level.

We are using the latest version.

Microsoft Azure is a stable product.

It is very scalable.

I have not contacted technical support.

There is a lot of documentation available online.

The initial setup was straightforward.

It's a pay-as-you-go subscription.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I would recommend Azure to anyone who is interested in using it.

I would rate Microsoft Azure a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Rishan-Ahmed
Channel Manager (Engineer) at Dataguard MEA
MSP
Carbonite Availability reduced overhead and maintenance

• "It was very user-friendly when setting up the virtual machines and console. It was an easy task for my team to create virtual servers and start replications."
  • "It should have cost optimization tools. Customers are required to use third-party applications to avoid usage complications."

What is our primary use case?

Implementation of Cloud Backup and Disaster Recovery solution, where we used Carbonite Availability as the primary tool and Microsoft Azure as secondary/target location.

Real-time replication configured from one point to another for business continuity and high availability.

Altogether, there are eight servers in the local premise which are entirely replicated to the cloud. The kept cloud servers are idle until a disaster happens with the on-premise servers. The project setup was successful even with real-time testing. It was done with automatic failover and failback.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our organization.

What is most valuable?

We able to manage resources wisely with a third-party tool.

What needs improvement?

It should have cost optimization tools. Customers are required to use third-party applications to avoid usage complications. Also, charging on downloads is not a good option, especially when it moves to a production server.

Two years.

Achieving business continuity was a nightmare. Project was done for a supermarket chain where they kept one machine in every branch directly connected to remote data center. The connection was done using VDIs. Whenever there is glitch at the remote data center, the entire infrastructure was in trouble, which in turns affected the business a lot. Setting up a disaster recovery data center was an expensive plan and maintenance was too heavy. Connecting Carbonite Availability with Azure was an easy options, as it reduced overhead and maintenance.

Monthly billing convenience reduced cost overheads up to 70 percent.

Microsoft Azure
Download our free Microsoft Azure Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.