MM
Junior Mobile Network Engineer at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
A user-friendly cloud computing service that's highly scalable

• "It's easy to use, and it's scalable. If we want to grow our product more, we can do it."
  • "Security could be better. Once there was an attack, and we couldn't get to the cloud to see the reports for about five hours."

What is our primary use case?

We have a project with a company that needs support for their IoT devices. We're setting up some databases for them. That's all I can say about it because it's confidential. But we're using the HSM and the Key Vault for security purposes. A wider area or a wider group can connect to this public cloud for security and storage. We also have our own application implemented on that cloud.

What is most valuable?

It's easy to use, and it's scalable. If we want to grow our product more, we can do it. Because of the availability of different geographic zones, we can also have many places and regions.

What needs improvement?

Security could be better. Once there was an attack, and we couldn't get to the cloud to see the reports for about five hours. If we want to back up the application in storage, we can't have a firewall. For now, it's secure. I think the main problem was the configuration.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for three or four months.

Access to the virtual machine on Azure wasn't always available, but the application was always up and running.

The product is super scalable.

The initial setup was straightforward.

The pricing is better than AWS.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this cloud computing solution. When configured and planned well, I think it's a very good product.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Microsoft Azure an eight.

AM
RPA Developer
A cloud computing platform that is stable, reliable, and easy to set up

• "It is a reliable solution that is easy to set up."
  • "They can improve the number of requests. Maybe they can increase it from 5,000 requests to 10,000 requests a month. Sometimes when you try to connect, it is quite unresponsive. When you want to communicate using the API, you get an internal error."

What is our primary use case?

We have an internal system we are currently building. We use machine learning, where we are training models for extraction. You send a document or an invoice and move it to Azure using an endpoint, and then you get the extracted information. That is what we are currently doing.

What is most valuable?

It is a reliable solution that is easy to set up.

What needs improvement?

1.One is not able to upload custom images in azure and not able to access windows client images. This can be improved

2. It moves your business’ compute power from your data center or office to the cloud. As with most cloud service providers, Azure needs to be expertly managed and maintained, which includes patching and server monitoring.

I have used Microsoft Azure within the last 12 months.

Microsoft Azure is a stable and reliable solution.

AWS- It was trusted at the time since it was the longest serving

The initial setup was excellent.

In-House

It is affordable compared to other vendors

Before choosing Microsoft Azure, we evaluated AWS and GoDaddy.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to new users. If you want to get a free subscription or trial, it is quite good. Even for an organization, it is good because of the number of requests they offer in the free version. There are many.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Microsoft Azure an eight.

Microsoft Azure
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Ashen Perera
Sr. Systems Engineer / Tech Logic Consultant. at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Feature-rich, good update management, stable, and easy to install

• "The most valuable features of this solution are the Access Management and the PIN modules."
  • "Because it has a lot of features, a person just coming into Microsoft Azure might feel that it is a bit complex."

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft Azure to patch our servers. We are also using it for creating and access management.

How has it helped my organization?

We have several benefits in having Azure on board. If you are Microsoft-centric, you get gold certificate partnerships. Furthermore, if you elect MSP, you have MSP certification, which allows you to have more customers on board.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are the Access Management and the PIN modules. They are very good features.

Update management is also very good, for both on-premises and for cloud services.

Microsoft Azure is a very good product. For my requirements, it works fine.

It's user-friendly, and the reporting is good.

What needs improvement?

Because it has a lot of features, a person just coming into Microsoft Azure might feel that it is a bit complex. Once you are familiarized with it, they will find that it is organized in a structured way.

It's a bit clunky at first.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for two yes, but I would not say that my experience is at the expert level.

We are using the latest version.

Microsoft Azure is a stable product.

It is very scalable.

I have not contacted technical support.

There is a lot of documentation available online.

The initial setup was straightforward.

It's a pay-as-you-go subscription.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I would recommend Azure to anyone who is interested in using it.

I would rate Microsoft Azure a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Rishan-Ahmed
Channel Manager (Engineer) at Dataguard MEA
MSP
Carbonite Availability reduced overhead and maintenance

• "It was very user-friendly when setting up the virtual machines and console. It was an easy task for my team to create virtual servers and start replications."
  • "It should have cost optimization tools. Customers are required to use third-party applications to avoid usage complications."

What is our primary use case?

Implementation of Cloud Backup and Disaster Recovery solution, where we used Carbonite Availability as the primary tool and Microsoft Azure as secondary/target location.

Real-time replication configured from one point to another for business continuity and high availability.

Altogether, there are eight servers in the local premise which are entirely replicated to the cloud. The kept cloud servers are idle until a disaster happens with the on-premise servers. The project setup was successful even with real-time testing. It was done with automatic failover and failback.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our organization.

What is most valuable?

We able to manage resources wisely with a third-party tool.

What needs improvement?

It should have cost optimization tools. Customers are required to use third-party applications to avoid usage complications. Also, charging on downloads is not a good option, especially when it moves to a production server.

Two years.

Achieving business continuity was a nightmare. Project was done for a supermarket chain where they kept one machine in every branch directly connected to remote data center. The connection was done using VDIs. Whenever there is glitch at the remote data center, the entire infrastructure was in trouble, which in turns affected the business a lot. Setting up a disaster recovery data center was an expensive plan and maintenance was too heavy. Connecting Carbonite Availability with Azure was an easy options, as it reduced overhead and maintenance.

Monthly billing convenience reduced cost overheads up to 70 percent.

JG
Product Architect at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
ExpressRoute makes it easy to connect to services, but it could be more user-friendly

• "I like the ExpressRoute because that makes it easy to configure connectivity to Azure-hosted services."
  • "Azure could be made more user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We are a service provider and Azure is one of the products that I use to assist my clients.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Azure could be made more user-friendly. For example, the configuration wizard should be more intuitive for the users.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for about 18 months.

This product is stable enough.

Scalability-wise, we have not had any problems.

We have been in touch with Microsoft technical support and I would say that they are average.

I am also working with AWS and I find that it is more user-friendly. I am a fan of AWS and although it depends on the use cases and requirements, we generally implement AWS more often than Azure.

The initial setup was fairly simple. If we did have any issues then we would consult with Microsoft Professional Services, or some of our cloud architects, just to figure out how to resolve them.

We follow the Microsoft update paths. There isn't any maintenance required because it's a managed service and the providers take care of it.

What other advice do I have?

For the most part, Microsoft Azure works well. They are constantly upgrading their services. That said, I don't think that it's perfect.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

NK
Senior Solutions Specialist (Network & Security) at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Feature-rich, flexible, scales well, reasonably priced, and has good support

• "I like that it is user-friendly and flexible."
  • "I would like to see the console improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft Azure for enterprise applications.

What is most valuable?

I like that it is user-friendly and flexible.

It's done a really good job. It's an up-to-the-mark product.

There are many features available in Azure, including hundreds of products. There are more than 200. It is difficult to find fault in this product.

What needs improvement?

While Microsoft Azure is user-friendly, some of the other cloud products I use are more user-friendly. I use AWS and I like it more than I like Microsoft Azure.

I would like to see the console improved.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for two years.

The scalability of Microsoft Azure is a valuable feature.

We have approximately 50 users in our organization and plan to increase our usage.

Technical support is good.

Previously, I was using AWS.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

The installation time varies; it can take as little as five minutes or as long as several hours.

Because there are so many products, we have quite the team. We have anywhere from five to ten people to manage and maintain the complete infrastructure.

I completed the installation myself. I did not use an integrator or consultant.

We have a subscription and the price is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Microsoft Azure to others who are interested in using it. It's a good product.

I would rate Microsoft Azure an eight out of ten.

VC
Senior Vice President Information Technology at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Easy to understand, helpful technical support, and scalable

• "We are using Microsoft Azure because our organization uses a lot of Microsoft solutions. We have used Microsoft technology for a long time and we have internal engineers with great capability that understand the technology. This is why Azure is the best for us."
  • "The quality of some components of Microsoft Azure is not that great. For example, Microsoft has not fixed issues in Microsoft Teams for many years. There are well-known issues that are submitted by customers two years ago and they still are not fixed."

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft Azure for different use cases. For example, we are hosting our corporate website on Azure. We are a software development company and we have hundreds of development and testing environments in Azure. Additionally, we use different Microsoft services, such as Office 365 and Azure Active Directory. A lot of our services are based on these technologies.

What is most valuable?

We are using Microsoft Azure because our organization uses a lot of Microsoft solutions. We have used Microsoft technology for a long time and we have internal engineers with great capability that understand the technology. This is why Azure is the best for us.

What needs improvement?

The quality of some components of Microsoft Azure is not that great. For example, Microsoft has not fixed issues in Microsoft Teams for many years. There are well-known issues that are submitted by customers two years ago and they still are not fixed.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for approximately four years.

Microsoft Azure is stable.

The solution is scalable.

We have hundreds of users using this solution in my organization.

The technical support has been great.

We use Google GCP and AWS by Amazon.

The initial setup is not a problem it is similar to competitors, such as AWS.

The pricing of Microsoft Azure is not very flexible.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Microsoft Azure an eight out of ten.

AB
Network and systems administrator at a recruiting/HR firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
A stable platform with good technical support that is quick to resolve problems

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use Azure for Office 365.

What is most valuable?

My experience with technical support so far is very good.

What needs improvement?

If the price were reduced then it would be an improvement.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for one year.

For me and many other people, the general view is that Azure is very stable. We definitely plan to continue using it in the future.

This is a scalable solution and we have thousands of users in our organization.

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use Azure for Office 365.

What is most valuable?

My experience with technical support so far is very good.

What needs improvement?

If the price were reduced then it would be an improvement.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for one year.

This is a scalable solution and we have thousands of users in our organization.

I have had to contact Microsoft support about a problem that I was having with my virtual machine, where it could not find my VM. When I called them, they solved the problem quite fast.

Prior to Azure, we used all of our Microsoft products on-premises.

The initial setup was easy because we didn't do anything.

We hired an IT consultant who is experienced in setting up cloud solutions. We did not do any of the setup ourselves.

The licensing fees depend on the number of users that we have.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this product is very good and I can recommend it. It would be difficult to improve.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Download our free Microsoft Azure Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.