MEGHNAD MAHATA
AVP (Enterprise Architecture) at National Stock Exchange of India Limited
Will enable us to move on-premise servers into the cloud to hold data

What is our primary use case?

We are going to use Microsoft Azure to move some on-premise servers into the cloud so that our data can be held there.

What is most valuable?

We are now trying to decide exactly this. Where can it improve our daily business?

What needs improvement?

Microsoft Azure can be pretty advanced and difficult to understand. I would like it to be simplified. The licensing especially needs to be simplified.

We have not been using Microsoft Azure for very long, about three months. My company has asked me to look for a better solution in terms of security perspective. They have asked me to technically go through to see if there is a real need to change or not, and what the new features are.

What do I think about the

What needs improvement?

The stability of Microsoft Azure has been very good from what we have seen.

I have not actually gone through the initial setup yet. So I am trying to figure that out. They want me to go through the training so I can understand the setup.

So far we are satisfied with the pricing of Microsoft Azure.

We are also looking into other platforms. Perhaps an open-source platform.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Microsoft Azure at an eight out of a scale of ten.

ST
Principal Enterprise Architect at a construction company with 201-500 employees
Easy to build connectors but they should offer more customization

• "It comes with a lot of ready-made studies that we can connect with other existing Microsoft applications, for example, Office, Outlook, Chatline, and OneDrive. Everything is behind the scenes running with Azure. It's easy to build the connectors."
  • "They are a bit closed on the customization side. If they open the customization then it will be very good."

What needs improvement?

It covers pretty much the similar problems that we face in many areas of Azure. If we are planning to use some of the Azure applications within our organization, there are some places that we need to complain about a complaint. Because of the design of Microsoft, we were not able to make this complaint. So, we are not able to use that interface.

I have been using Azure for two years.

The Azure setup itself is a big procedure, but once that setup is done, the adoption is basic, allowing developers to use the Azure platform for their resource site. Then we slowly open the Azure for the website and we slowly allow Azure to impact our office.

What other advice do I have?

We don't have customer reviews of some of those applications. They should provide a lot of understanding. If reviewing and rating also becomes one of the alternatives, I think that will be a big win for them.

They are loaded with functionalities. I would rate Azure a seven out of ten.

They are very open with the options, but customers are not there with the road map. There are too many options. That confusion is a con of the solution.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,029 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MA
Head of Business Security Advisory at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Responsive and dedicated support, and the security is good

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft Azure for many different things. It depends on the customer's requirements. For some, they use it for tasks, data lakes, and integration. Others use it for Business analytics. There are a few easy ones that use it as the ESPs, a few workloads, creating a three-tier application database and web for specific internal clients, or it could be larger with several integration points.

What is most valuable?

I worked with one of the largest airlines in the region or perhaps even in the world, and Microsoft service was one of the most prestigious ones.

What needs improvement?

Overall, the solution is good but there are some minor technical issues that can be resolved.

I have been using Microsoft…

What needs improvement?

I have been using Microsoft Azure for quite some time. Including the previews, it has been five or six years.

The support is responsive and dedicated to SMEs.

When there is a new case or, a requirement from the business, we rapidly check with the vendors in our region. We also sometimes work directly with Microsoft.

Generally, I work in IT and have experience with some cloud-based solutions.

There are several products that I appreciate from a security standpoint.

What other advice do I have?

I work in security and tend to appreciate security products more.

I would rate Microsoft Azure a ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

WL
Senior Solutions Specialist at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Has good technical support and monitoring tools

• "We are satisfied with the technical support."
  • "The process by which our customers can switch from one subscription to another should be simplified."

What is our primary use case?

We help our customers to migrate from on-premises to Azure.

We generally sell the infrastructure as a service, meaning we help our customers to migrate their on-premises VMware to cloud.

What needs improvement?

I cannot say for certain for how long we have been selling Microsoft Azure products, although I do know that we have been doing so for a long time.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

We are satisfied with the technical support. Customers who have signed up for premium service benefit from better support.

The issue of installation does not concern us, as our job is solely to help our customers to migrate.

The licensing price is fine. We pay it on a monthly basis.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is cloud-based.

We feel the monitoring tools to be sufficient. The interface, monitoring and dashboard features are good. I cannot say for certain about the security features.

While I cannot definitively say how many customers we have that are using Microsoft Azure, as I am not part of the production team, I do know that they comprise the majority.

I would recommend the solution to others contemplating its use.

I rate Microsoft Azure as an eight out of ten.

IC
ICT Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Easy to manage, good performance, and secure

• "The solution is easy to manage within the cloud application, has good performance, and is secure."
  • "The solution could improve by being more user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

Microsoft Azure is an directory and identity management solution in the cloud, similar to an access gateway.

How has it helped my organization?

It has enable me to secure our office 365 tenant

What is most valuable?

Multifactor authentication, cloud App security. The features are easy to manage within the cloud application, has good performance, and is secure.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by being more user-friendly.

I have been using this solution for approximately four years.

The solution is stable.

very good

The technical support has been responsive but sometimes the agent does not have the knowledge required for the proper immediate assistance.

we are previously using Hosted Exchange. We migrated in other to take advantage of rich collaborative features of o365

Initial setup was straightforward. Migration managed with out issue

In -house

95%

We are on an annual subscription. However, there are other options available.

What other advice do I have?

The smooth operation of the solution depends on the ability of the administrator. How the infrastructure is deployed overall and how it is optimized.

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Microsoft Azure an eight out of ten.

JA
User at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Easy to set up, and offers flexibly that gives you good value for your money

What is our primary use case?

We are resellers of Intel-based processors and Microsoft software. We offer Windows 10, Windows 2019 server, and HCI for example. We are a technology-based company and we set things up for people. We are dealing with educational establishments, and moving them from on-premises situations to the cloud.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are the value for money and flexibility.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like to see better security.

We have been selling the latest version of Microsoft Azure for six months.

On average, there are approximately 1000 users per site. We plan to continue selling…

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like to see better security.

We have been selling the latest version of Microsoft Azure for six months.

On average, there are approximately 1000 users per site.

We plan to continue selling this solution.

We have used technical support from Microsoft, although we do all of the technical support for our customers, ourselves.

Before Microsoft Azure, we did not sell any other product.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We do hundreds of deployments and each individual one is different.

The pricing model is subscription-based and it's not an expensive solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Microsoft Azure a ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Md. Islam
Systems Specialist at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Enables our customers to obtain the results they need

• "The system is more secure, and this is valuable."
  • "Sometimes performance takes a hit on a slow network."

What is our primary use case?

A lot of customers are turning to Microsoft Azure. We are using the latest version and we are a Microsoft Gold partner. We use it as a backup solution. It is also used for authentication and cancellations. We are providing these types of solutions as a live requirement, and we are moving customers to their Cloud Station.

What is most valuable?

The system is more secure.

What needs improvement?

It could be more stable, but we think this is due to Microsoft making changes too often to their setup. We also think the configuration could be easier. Sometimes performance takes a hit on a slow network. Microsoft does not appear to pay enough attention to the platform or the account solution.

We have been using Microsoft Azure for a few years.

Microsoft Azure is very scalable.

Microsoft does provide good support and enables our customers to obtain the results they need.

Initially, it was difficult to setup. The complexity comes in when there are more items to configure. We pay our bill in a monthly or 6 monthly billing cycle. The cost depends on how much you use during the period.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Microsoft Azure 8 out of 10.

JG
IT Infrastructure Architect at a non-tech company with 10,001+ employees
Secure cloud platform that is stable and scalable, and they have good support

• "There are many different components such as SaaS, PaaS, and API so every month they are releasing a few hundred new features."
  • "It is constantly updating. There are weekly releases, sometimes daily releases, and there should be fewer that are consolidated into one."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for IaaS, SaaS, PaaS security, identity, and Kubernetes.

What is most valuable?

I like everything, overall.

It's a cloud platform so it's alive.

There are many different components such as SaaS, PaaS, and API, so every month they are releasing a few hundred new features.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Microsoft Azure for six years.

We are using the latest version.

The stability is very good.

It's a very scalable solution. It is not really the number of users we have, but rather, it is more a case of service PCs. We have 70,000 or more.

My experience with technical support has been good. They are very supportive.

It's as complex as it wants to be. There's nothing initial about it.

It's an OPEX model, you pay as you go, or you can reserve funds.

Pricing can always be better.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good product and I recommend it to others.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

Download our free Microsoft Azure Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.