MS
Senior Microsoft Solution Architect at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to deploy, good support, and very stable and scalable

What is our primary use case?

Our use case is infrastructure as a service and backup. Azure is a cloud-based service, so its version is always current.

What is most valuable?

Infrastructure as a service is most valuable.

What needs improvement?

Its costing can be improved. There should be better cost management.

I have been using this solution for probably eight years.

It is very stable.

Its scalability is very good. We have around 10,000 users. We have two people for maintenance. We have plans to increase its usage.

Their technical support is good.

Which solution did I

What is our primary use case?

Our use case is infrastructure as a service and backup.

Azure is a cloud-based service, so its version is always current.

What is most valuable?

Infrastructure as a service is most valuable.

What needs improvement?

Its costing can be improved. There should be better cost management.

I have been using this solution for probably eight years.

It is very stable.

We have plans to increase its usage.

Their technical support is good.

The reason for switching from the previous solution was the move from on-premises to the cloud.

It was straightforward. It took just two weeks.

We had a consultant.

We have seen an ROI.

Its costing can be improved. Its licensing is monthly. In addition to the standard license fee, there is a transactional cost.

What other advice do I have?

Ensure that you apply correct governance to the solution.

I would rate it an eight out of 10.

CA
IT Manager at a construction company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to use, very scalable, and powerful in terms of data backup and Blob storage

• "It is a very easy-to-use platform, and it is very powerful in terms of data backup and Blob storage. It has very good features, especially if you are using Microsoft products, such as Windows, Microsoft SQL Server."
  • "They should optimize their pricing so that we can use more features. I would also like to see more auditing and more security for the Blob storage feature. From a technical point, it has very good features for Microsoft products, but for non-Microsoft products, it may have some limitations. I have mostly worked with Windows-based integration, and now I am trying to use it for open-source systems. It is good but not as easy as Microsoft products."

What is most valuable?

It is a very easy-to-use platform, and it is very powerful in terms of data backup and Blob storage. It has very good features, especially if you are using Microsoft products, such as Windows, Microsoft SQL Server.

What needs improvement?

They should optimize their pricing so that we can use more features. I would also like to see more auditing and more security for the Blob storage feature.

From a technical point, it has very good features for Microsoft products, but for non-Microsoft products, it may have some limitations. I have mostly worked with Windows-based integration, and now I am trying to use it for open-source systems. It is good but not as easy as Microsoft products.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is a stable product, but it also depends on the configuration.

It is very scalable.

It is quite straightforward.

Its price should be optimized so that we can use more features.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Microsoft Azure an eight out of ten because my environment is Windows-based. For a non-Microsoft environment, I would rate it a seven out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
EW
Technical Pre-Sales at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Flexible, scalable, stable, and easy to deploy

• "It is quick and easy to deploy. It is flexible, and we can deploy a resource anytime. We like and prefer the pay-as-you-go model."
  • "Its pricing should be better. In terms of features, I am yet to explore the whole solution, and the current features seem okay."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for virtual machines.

What is most valuable?

We like and prefer the pay-as-you-go model.

What needs improvement?

Its pricing should be better. In terms of features, I am yet to explore the whole solution, and the current features seem okay.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is stable.

It is quite scalable. You can extend it both vertically and horizontally very quickly. Currently, we have approximately 50 users.

We haven't had support issues.

It is easy and quick to deploy.

It has the pay-as-you-go model. Its pricing should be better.

We didn't evaluate other solutions. We trusted Azure because it is a Microsoft product, and Microsoft has been in the industry for a long time. Microsoft has been providing solutions for businesses for a long time, whereas other vendors mostly provide solutions for consumers.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. We plan to keep using it.

I would rate Microsoft Azure a nine out of ten.

VM
Remote Product Manager
highly scalable, easy installation, and stable

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution as our cloud service provider for product and project management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of the solution are for management, such as dashboards.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by providing better tutorials and documentation. There was a point when I was trying to understand how the board works and there was not any documentation that could articulate it properly. We had a whole team who had to go online to check other sources in order to understand.

I have been using Microsoft Azure in my organization for seven months.

Microsoft Azure is stable 99 percent of the time.

What do I think

What needs improvement?

I have been using Microsoft Azure in my organization for seven months.

Microsoft Azure is stable 99 percent of the time.

The solution is easy to scale. We needed more servers in the past months because of our application growth. It was a very easy process, you use your credit card online, authorize funds, and you have more servers.

We have approximately 2,000 people using this solution in my organization.

We have not needed to use technical support because we have not had any issues.

The installation of this solution was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution.

I rate Microsoft Azure a nine out of ten.

AT
Solutions Architect at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Feature rich, reasonably priced, but more migration services needed

• "There are plenty of functions available that we have used extensively. It is a complete platform of services."
  • "There was a time when the solution was updated on their side and all of our functions stopped working. This issue could be worked on to prevent it from happening in the future. They must give us the information of when they are going to updates on the platform side so that we can take the appropriate measures on our side as well."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to integrate with multiple versions of ServiceNow, for automatic ticket closure and ticket opening.

What is most valuable?

There are plenty of functions available that we have used extensively. It is a complete platform of services.

What needs improvement?

There was a time when the solution was updated on their side and all of our functions stopped working. This issue could be worked on to prevent it from happening in the future.

We would like to see more enhancements in the Azure Migrate services in the future.

I have been using the solution for approximately two years.

The solution is stable and has good performance.

I have all different kinds of clients, from small businesses to enterprises.

The setup was straightforward and the documentation is good.

The price of the solution is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Microsoft Azure a seven out of ten.

IA
Head of IT Infrastructure at a retailer with 5,001-10,000 employees
Platform as a service is a strong feature; very easy to develop and hold space

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of Azure is for customer facing systems, it's hosted over mobile apps and is used for scaling up and down. We partner with Microsoft and I'm the head of IT infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

The platform as a service is a strong feature. The solution also does quite a lot of coding and customization, you can launch it quickly and go live quickly. It's easy to develop, easy to hold space and to maintain.

What needs improvement?

If you're not aware of how things work with Azure, it's not easy to understand. It's not clear for customers and sometimes even for Microsoft people themselves. The high cost of the solution is linked to that issue.

I've been using this solution for three…

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for three years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

Technical support could definitely be improved.

The initial setup is straightforward, we use a third party for that.

What other advice do I have?

I rate the solution eight out of 10.

Microsoft Azure
OO
Information System Auditor (IT Audit) at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Feature rich, scalable, and good technical support

• "There are a lot of valuable features in Microsoft Azure, such as Kubernetes, pipelines, and development environments."
  • "The solution could improve by having more security features around my data and the platform."

What is our primary use case?

We subscribed to Microsoft Azure, which is a platform as a service where we have our applications in the cloud. We use applications, such as Office 365, on the Azure platform and we are diversifying our infrastructure in the Azure environment from our on-premise solutions.

What is most valuable?

There are a lot of valuable features in Microsoft Azure, such as Kubernetes, pipelines, and development environments. Additionally, the Security Center is very useful, I always go in to look at the security features and how those assets in the cloud are being protected.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by having more security features around my data and the platform.

I have used Microsoft Azure for approximately one year.

Microsoft Azure is stable.

The solution is scalable.

We have a lot of teams using this solution in my organization, approximately 20.

The technical support from Microsoft is good.

We have an annual license subscription to use the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Microsoft Azure a nine out of ten.

Carlos-Maldonado
Director comercial at a comms service provider with 11-50 employees
We like its compatibility with other operating systems

• "One of the best features is the last package security of upgrades to Microsoft Azure. Also, we like Azure's compatibility with other operating systems."
  • "We use Microsoft Server 2019 and 2016. And I didn't like the 2019 client, so we had to downgrade back to 2016. The main issue there was its monitoring system. Our client needed an alternative, and if they were using more Windows products, they also needed to make that downgrade."

What is our primary use case?

We've been using Microsoft Azure for federal government installations, and it has been really useful. Azure works well with the servers and equipment that we use. We've been deploying a hybrid environment, so this has been a great tool for our clients. For example, we've been upgrading systems for a secure health institution in Mexico City, so we deployed an Azure-based management system for the entire institution. However, things weren't so easy for some of our other clients. In one case, we used Azure to manage all the mortgages, connectivity, and databases for a huge mortgage provider. We managed all that information in Microsoft Azure.

What is most valuable?

One of the best features is the last package security of upgrades to Microsoft Azure. Also, we like Azure's compatibility with other operating systems.

What needs improvement?

We use Microsoft Server 2019 and 2016. And I didn't like the 2019 client, so we had to downgrade back to 2016. The main issue there was its monitoring system. Our client needed an alternative, and if they were using more Windows products, they also needed to make that downgrade.

I started working with Microsoft Azure around 10 years ago.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Microsoft Azure 10 out of 10. We like how accessible it is to the end-user, not just the engineers or developers.

Download our free Microsoft Azure Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.