PV
Senior System Administrator at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Easy to use, scales well, and the technical support is good

• "This product is quite easy to use and is available on-demand."
  • "There are so many services available that the interface is a little bit messy, and when you're looking for a specific service, you have to know exactly where to search."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Active Directory in Azure, so it's for all of the Office 365 services.

What is most valuable?

This product is quite easy to use and is available on-demand.

What needs improvement?

There are so many services available that the interface is a little bit messy, and when you're looking for a specific service, you have to know exactly where to search. Having better visibility in the interface would be an improvement.

We have been using Microsoft Azure for a couple of years.

This is a stable product and we plan to continue using it.

Azure is a scalable solution. We have approximately 150 users.

We have used technical support and it is very good.

As a cloud-based product, there is no installation.

This is an expensive product.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good solution, and other than some improvements to the user interface, I cannot think of any features that are missing.

Steve Jung
Director Of Sales Marketing at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
A good choice for enterprises in sectors like semiconductors, biochemistry

What is our primary use case?

I have developed a platform on Azure for the semiconductor industry. Azure is an excellent choice for enterprises in sectors like semiconductors, biochemistry, etc.

What is most valuable?

To me, the most valuable Azure features are AKS, Cloud SQL, security, and account management.

I've been using Microsoft Azure for a couple of years.

Azure is as stable as most cloud providers like AWS and Google Cloud.

Azure is stable but not as scalable as I'd like. In terms of scalability, AWS is better than Azure. In my organization, we have 500 or so employees.

Azure…

What is most valuable?

I've been using Microsoft Azure for a couple of years.

Azure is as stable as most cloud providers like AWS and Google Cloud.

Azure installation is complicated. When we first deployed Azure, it was challenging. By contrast, AWS is easy to install and maintain. Azure is tough. It takes from one to two weeks to fully deploy. Our technical team responsible for deploying and managing Azure has 30 people.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Azure eight out of 10. Azure is difficult to deploy at first, but we have the money to develop, maintain, and support it.

Microsoft Azure
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,382 professionals have used our research since 2012.
JP
IT Architect at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
A stable and scalable solution

What is our primary use case?

The information is confidential, so I cannot discuss what we use Microsoft Azure for.

What needs improvement?

The diagnostics should have more logs. We must pay a surcharge for our dependence on the Azure monitor. Each platform comes with its own logs.

The stability is good. There is compliance with the SLAs and we have not encountered any issues in this domain.

The scalability is fine and this option exists with many of our products.

I have not had occasion to make use of technical support.

The initial…

What needs improvement?

The scalability is fine and this option exists with many of our products.

I have not had occasion to make use of technical support.

The initial setup is simple. It's not a big deal.

There are added costs to the company or for scaling for most premium products.

I did not really evaluate other solutions before going with Microsoft Azure.

What other advice do I have?

We work off an app service environment. We are end-users of Microsoft, although my specific role is in IT architecture.

I rate Microsoft Azure as an eight out of ten.

SL
Enterprise Architect at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Stable, scalable, and the cloud-based storage capabilities are helpful

What is our primary use case?

We work with a lot of cloud-related products, including Azure.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is cloud-based storage. All of the cloud-based features are helpful.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better integration with other products.

We have been using Microsoft Azure for a few years.

I have not heard any complaints about the stability of Azure. Most likely, we will continue to use it in the future.

From what I understand, it is scalable. We are quite a big company and as such, we have quite a lot of users.

I…

What is our primary use case?

We work with a lot of cloud-related products, including Azure.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is cloud-based storage.

All of the cloud-based features are helpful.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better integration with other products.

We have been using Microsoft Azure for a few years.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

In my experience, it has always been Microsoft Azure.

What other advice do I have?

Azure is a good product and I can recommend it to others.

Veerender Kumar
Product Owner at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Easy to use, stable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft Azure for our internal systems during elections. We monitored the election party and we had a database of 20 million users.

What is most valuable?

The solution is similar to a plug-and-play system, it is easy to use.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for approximately two years.

Microsoft Azure has been stable

The solution is scalable.

The technical support of Microsoft is okay. However, there were times we had to speak to them in the US time zone which was not convenient. There are times we have to wait because of the time zone issue.…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The solution is similar to a plug-and-play system, it is easy to use.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for approximately two years.

Microsoft Azure has been stable

The solution is scalable.

The solution takes two to five people to implement and for maintenance; if the environment is larger it still only takes two to five people.

The subscription models can be confusing and it would be beneficial for them to simplify them. We are on an annual subscription.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Microsoft Azure an eight out of ten.

SG
Chief Financial Officer & Chief Operations Officer at a energy/utilities company with 1-10 employees
Stable, scalable, and easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

It is the backend system to support our SaaS products. We have its cloud-based latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is stable and scalable.

What needs improvement?

Price could always be better. The features come in quickly, so we're comfortable with the feature set that is available to us.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. Currently, we have 10 users.

They are fine with regard to service and support.

Its initial setup is straightforward. It took about two weeks. …

What is our primary use case?

It is the backend system to support our SaaS products.

We have its cloud-based latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is stable and scalable.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. Currently, we have 10 users.

They are fine with regard to service and support.

Its initial setup is straightforward. It took about two weeks.

We had an internal team. We had two people do the initial install. They were developers and
system engineers.

Price could always be cheaper. Its licensing and usage aren't always cheap.

We pay monthly.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to other users who are looking into implementing such a solution. I would rate Microsoft Azure a nine out of 10.

HD
Business Analyst at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
Has complete documentation and is stable and secure

• "Some features of Azure are very important for us. You can control access for your company, it's not complicated managing the solution either. I think the solution is very stable, secure and the documentation Microsoft has on their website is complete. You can use it to find the solution's problems or implement solutions."
  • "An issue I encountered was around the integration of Identity. I lost some important information and I would like to see improvements with this."

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

An issue I encountered was around the integration of Identity. I lost some important information and I would like to see improvements with this.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for approximately 2 years now

Azure is very easy to manage

We are a Microsoft partner and implement in-house.

The pricing depends on the solutions I want to use, but I think the price is good because there are many free features in the solution. If you need something more advanced, like Azure AD Premium, you have other features available like risk management.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Azure a nine out of ten.

SS
Techno Functional Project Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Highly compatible with Microsoft technologies, good community support, but price could improve

What is our primary use case?

I am a manager of a team and we will have approximately 18 applications that will be cloud-based using this solution.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features of Microsoft Azure is the compatibility with all of our Windows applications and other Microsoft technologies.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for approximately one year.

The solution could improve the stability. However, this could be a configuration issue that we are not been trained.

There is good community support available.

I have previously used AWS and GCP. …

What is most valuable?

I have been using Microsoft Azure for approximately one year.

There is good community support available.

I have previously used AWS and GCP.

Microsoft Azure is more expensive than other solutions, such as GCP. We have found that GCP offers more utilities at a very reasonable price. I think the reason we are having a discount is because of the bank contract we have.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution.

I rate Microsoft Azure a seven out of ten.

Download our free Microsoft Azure Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.