M A Nakib
Asst. Manager, Cloud Solutions at Corporate Projukti Limited
Easy to maintain with a simple initial setup but the pricing is a bit high

• "The focus on security is excellent. We really appreciate that about the solution."
  • "The pricing in our region can be a bit high."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily have the solution working as an infrastructure as a service.

What is most valuable?

The maintenance of the solution is very good.

The migration capabilities are great.

The implementation is easy.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be a bit more intuitive and easier to use.

The documentation could be a bit better. It could be more clear and accessible. It would be good to know if the person answering the questions was a Microsoft employee or just another user.

The pricing in our region can be a bit high.

I've been using the solution for as long as three years at this point.

The solution is very stable. There's never any downtime. We don't deal with crashes or freezing. There aren't bugs or glitches. It works well.

The product is scalable. If a company needs to expand, it can do so easily.

Currently, we have 20 people that use the solution within our organization. We also have three or four admins.

Basically, the solution offers regional support and I'm okay with that. I don't need to worry about not getting the services I need. I've called and got support right away.  I'm quite satisfied with the level of service that is being provided to us.

The initial setup is not complex at all. It's straightforward as the product is basically focusing on a pay as you go model.

For our region, Bangladesh, the pricing of the product is too much.

What other advice do I have?

We're a gold partner with Microsoft in Bangladesh.

We're always using the latest version of the solution as Azure constantly updates itself.

I'd recommend the product to other organizations.

Overall, I would rate the solution at a seven out of ten. Mostly we've been happy with it, however, we do find the pricing  to be a bit high.

SA
Senior Architect at a construction company with 10,001+ employees
Good monitoring features and technical support, but the dashboards need to be improved

• "The monitoring features are very good."

What is most valuable?

The monitoring features are very good.

What needs improvement?

Some of the dashboard features can be improved.

Some of the backup solutions for SAP are not compatible. For example, we have a Sybase database running, and Azure does not have an agent tool for connecting with it. This means that we have to use a third-party tool to properly backup our SAP Sybase system.

We have been using Microsoft Azure for between two and three years.

Azure is a stable product.

This is a scalable solution and we have been 200 and 300 people who use it.

The technical support is really good.

We have not used another public cloud.

We have an in-house team, and between 10 and 20 people maintain it.

The pricing model can be improved because we find that Azure pricing is a bit high.

We are planning to migrate our SAP system to the cloud, so we have been looking at and comparing different cloud solutions. We are analyzing and comparing Google Cloud Platform, Amazon, and the IBM Cloud. After we compare them all we will make a decision.

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of this product depends on the customer's requirements and needs. AWS is stable and nice, the Google Cloud Platform is really improving a lot, and IBM Cloud is also available. The decision for which to use will be based on what kind of solutions you are deploying and how you want to integrate them. Ultimately, it is best to choose the provider that is most suitable for your existing workload.

Overall, this is a good solution but there are certainly features that need to be improved, as well as the pricing.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
    Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
    541,708 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    KG
    Associate Manager at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
    Straightforward documentation, flexible, and helpful technical support

• "I have found the solution to be flexible, easy to use, and the documents are straightforward to understand."
    • "When we are doing transfers of records in large amounts, for example, petabytes of data or few long datasets, the performance should not degrade as it does."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for executing the ADF pipelines through the database port. We provide the scripts in the database, we run it, and it goes through the ADF pipeline. Afterward, through the database command, the ADF pipeline will run and push the data into Azure SQL.

What is most valuable?

I have found the solution to be flexible, easy to use, and the documents are straightforward to understand. For example, it is flexible, we have a single pipeline that has three phases, within approximately 15 minutes the records get transferred into this solution efficiently.

Additionally, the solution is well integrated with other solutions such as Power BI.

What needs improvement?

When we are doing transfers of records in large amounts, for example, petabytes of data or few long datasets, the performance should not degrade as it does. I am working on big data platforms like Informatica and others and even though there are terabytes of data being transferred it does it immediately. However, in this solution, I would like the performance to be there when building a large dataset to integrate the data.

I have been using the solution for the past three years.

The solution is stable.

I have found the solution to be scalable. We use Teradata for large data and we are building the pipelines for it, so far it has operated well. We have approximately 25 individuals using the solution in my organization.

The technical support is very good, if you have an issue they will be able to help.

I have used Informatica in the past and it has some performance advantages compared to this solution.

The solution does require a license.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others and we are going to continue using it in the future. We have numerous clients switching to this solution.

I rate Microsoft Azure a nine out of ten.

JD
    Team Manager - Public Cloud & Operations at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
    Scales well, reliable, has good support and you pay for what you use

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is the integration between all of the components in Azure."
    • "I would like to see better policy-based management and everything related to security management could have been better integrated."

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft Azure for PaaS, SaaS, and IaaS solutions. It is used in a broad spectrum of business applications for general use.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

There are always areas for improvement. The integration is good but it can always be better.

The openness and the security policies can be better. It is missing a bit in everything related to the policies.

I have been working with Microsoft Azure for six years, and in my current company for more than two years.

We are using the latest version. It is a SaaS solution it is always updated

Microsoft Azure is stable and it's a reliable solution.

It is absolutely scalable. It is one of the major reasons we adopted public clouds, to have that scalability.

We have approximately 10,000 users who use at least some of the features of this solution.

We have contacted technical support. Overall we are pretty happy, but sometimes they are responsive and other times they are less responsive.

The initial setup is complex but it is more to do with the nature of what we want to achieve and less to do with the nature of the product.

To a certain extent, it is complex, but on the other hand, once you know what you are doing, nothing is complex.

Licensing is on a monthly basis. It is paid on a per-use basis.

I am quite happy with the pricing. You pay for what you get.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution to others who are interested in this solution.

I would rate Microsoft Azure an eight out of ten.

Nelson Boavida
    IT Unit Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
    Kubernetes service and API management are the most valuable, and it has very good stability and scalability

• "Kubernetes service and API management are the most valuable."
    • "It should have a better hybrid-cloud central analysis. Their support service also needs to be improved. Our main concern is support calls. Our issue is basically related to the technical functionality of the services that we use. It doesn't behave as expected, and support often fails to solve the problem."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to extend our own data centers and banking scenarios for banking solutions.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides us with access to technology that's not available in any other form. It only exists in the cloud. In order to keep our solutions modern, we have to do it through the public cloud.

What is most valuable?

Kubernetes service and API management are the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

It should have a better hybrid-cloud central analysis. Their support service also needs to be improved. Our main concern is support calls. Our issue is basically related to the technical functionality of the services that we use. It doesn't behave as expected, and support often fails to solve the problem.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is pretty stable. It has very good stability.

It is scalable. There are no issues with scalability.

We have a maximum of 200 users. They include internal developers and other types of profiles.

Their support service needs to be improved.

It is complex because the solutions are complex. It depends on how you want to do the setup. For our business scenario, it is complex because there are a lot of security rules that are involved in it.

It is competitive with other public cloud providers, and its price is very close to different cloud providers. There is not a noticeable difference between different cloud providers. Otherwise, it would be a risk for them to have services that were much more expensive than their competition. They're pretty much neck to neck on pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to go for the closest possible platform as a service. Do not go for infrastructure as a service; go for platform as a service.

I would rate Microsoft Azure a nine out of ten.

RommelViloria
    Director of Technology at WinSoft IT, C.A.
    Feature-rich, and the virtual machine support is good

• "The most valuable feature is the virtual machine."
    • "It is impossible to sell a cloud-based model here in Venezuela because we have strong inflation and most of our clients are immigrating to on-premises solutions."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Azure is one of the products that we offer to our customers. However, there is a problem. It is impossible to sell a cloud-based model here in Venezuela because we have strong inflation and most of our clients are immigrating to on-premises solutions.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the virtual machine.

What needs improvement?

The pricing needs to be adjusted so that the strong inflation in Venezuela does not prevent customers from purchasing it.

I have a lot of experience with Microsoft. I started using Microsoft 25 years ago. I have used it in all aspects, both on-premises and soon in Azure cloud.

This is not strongly done on-premises, but we have several approaches with Microsoft Azure.

We have approached our clients about using Kubernetes or Docker because it's cheaper when inflation is considered.

We are researching how we can migrate all old legacy applications using Docker. In Venezuela, the software installed with all of our clients is legacy.

We have clients with Windows Server 2003, 2008, and applications with older operating systems who need to move to the cloud, but it is impossible because the cloud doesn't support those operating system versions. For this reason, we are considering using Docker to encapsulate the applications to see if it is feasible to migrate to the cloud or if we require new equipment on-premises.

Most of their software is not updated and won't be able to migrate to the cloud.

What other advice do I have?

In Venezuela, we are having some problems with the economy regarding the exchange control with our currency.

The best Microsoft product in my opinion Azure Stack Hyper-Converged Infrastructure or Azure Stack HCI. It's for working in hybrid mode.

I would rate Microsoft Azure a ten out of ten.

KS
    Associate Director at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
    Great for configuring on a variety of machines; very stable and scalable

• "It's a reasonably priced solution."
    • "Could be more user friendly; security features should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

In our company, this solution is mainly used for configuring devices and enabling them to be used by multiple users. I'm a developer.

What is most valuable?

The product is valuable if you don't want to spend a lot of money configuring your own devices on different machines. I like that if I only want to use limited features, I don't have to pay for it.

What needs improvement?

The solution is not particularly user friendly so that could be improved. With Microsoft Azure it's quite difficult to do anything freely or try my hand at something new. I think the solution is also lacking in security. I'd like to see the option of a free account for carrying out a POC and the ability to play around with the solution without any restrictions.

We've been using this solution for a year.

This is a stable solution.

We have the server on cloud so it's scalable according to demand. All of our staff use it, and we have 15,000 users.

I previously used AWS. In comparison, Azure is a little restricted because of the security features and, as a developer, I'm not comfortable with that. AWS is more user friendly and in general, people find it easier to use. AWS is easier to install and to experiment and play around with to get a feel for the product.

There is no setup as such, it's on a server and it's a matter of configuring on the cloud. If you need, you can spawn 3,000 machines with a single execution and 10,000 or so test scripts within minutes.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution.

I rate it an eight out of 10.

Dawn McClure
    IT Project Manager at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
    Reliable single sign-on authentication with access to multiple Microsoft applications

• "We like that you sign in only once and that grants access to all of the Microsft applications, as well as others such as ServiceNow and SAP Concur."
    • "Ease of use could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for single sign-on authentication.

What is most valuable?

We like that you sign in only once and that grants access to all of the Microsft applications, as well as others such as ServiceNow and SAP Concur.

What needs improvement?

Ease of use could be improved. You wouldn't just be able to use this solution without being trained on it.

We have Microsoft Azure for approximately five years.

We are always updating Microsoft.

It's been pretty stable. There have only been one or two instances where Microsoft went down. One time, it was the building's main operations center that was struck by lightning and caught on fire.

We have 20,000 users in our organization who are using this solution.

As we acquire other companies, we will increase the usage.

Technical support needs improvement. If you are able to get a rep then it's great. If not, you are left hanging.

Previously, we used Okta.

We switched over because we got the Enterprise package with Microsoft Suite.

The initial setup was completed by our internal Microsoft team.

Microsoft Azure definitely provides us with a return on investment.

Licensing costs for Enterprise are on an annual basis. In addition, we pay to have Gartner help us negotiate.

What other advice do I have?

It is best to have a dedicated team because it is not easy to use and get set up or to get acclimatized in the amount of training that you need to become familiar with the solution.

I would rate Microsoft Azure a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Microsoft Azure
    Download our free Microsoft Azure Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.